The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:09:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822926 times)
JeanGenie, tcobb, Another Pedj, west stand oap and 54 Guests are viewing this topic.
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #3260 on: July 28, 2014, 23:02:32 pm »

No I would not.
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
TbananaG

« Reply #3261 on: July 29, 2014, 05:52:35 am »

Really Coolie Boy - I thought I was moaning about bad/ vile language which may possibly upset some Ladies Roll Eyes TBH I have had to read yr post 44 times to actually see if I can interpretate your hidden message. Hope your not trolling me Cheesy Wink

'Interpretate' - great word, really should exist!
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3262 on: July 29, 2014, 06:58:34 am »

Ouch  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #3263 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:41 am »

Double ouch  Grin Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:47 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: July 29, 2014, 10:48:27 am »

Every day, I log on to see if there is any news or anything of interest. All we get is endless repeats of insults under this banner. Please stop or you will drive me and many others away.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 29, 2014, 11:23:05 am »

The club have not announced it yet but I have been told, from someone who works there that the stand won't be ready until at least end of october!
Report Spam   Logged
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #3267 on: July 29, 2014, 11:34:24 am »

Christmas I heard, for the East Stand to be fully functioning.
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3268 on: July 29, 2014, 11:55:51 am »

The club have not announced it yet but I have been told, from someone who works there that the stand won't be ready until at least end of october!

Hardly surprising, nothing ever gets finished on time in this country.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #3269 on: July 29, 2014, 11:56:00 am »

Ouch  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin

Wink

but it does Grin although it is an archaic word

Hope this helps :

in·ter·pret  [in-tur-prit]  Show IPA  

verb (used with object)

can be used as a descriptive adjective but use is archaic and is rarely used.

1.  to give or provide the meaning of; explain; explicate; elucidate: to interpret the hidden meaning of a parable.

2. to construe or understand in a particular way: to interpret a reply as favourable.  

3. to bring out the meaning of (a dramatic work, music, etc.) by performance or execution.

4. to perform or render (a song, role in a play, etc.) according to one's own understanding or sensitivity: The actor interpreted Mr Liftower as a weak old man.  

5. to translate orally.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: July 29, 2014, 11:57:58 am »

Christmas I heard, for the East Stand to be fully functioning.

Even Christmas will be pushing it for a completed and fully functioning East stand Dunc.

I mentioned to you earlier in the year that I just can't find it in me to trust David Cardoza or anything he says. A perfect example of why I mistrust the man so much was in his recent YouTube act he said the East stand would be finished in time for the start of the season as that is what the builders had told him and he had no reason to disbelieve them or something along those lines. Any developer worth his salt would be fully aware of the time any project will take as it can affect repayments and costings etc.

I'm looking forward to his answers at the open forum Barton tells us is coming up.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #3271 on: July 29, 2014, 11:58:56 am »

Every day, I log on to see if there is any news or anything of interest. All we get is endless repeats of insults under this banner. Please stop or you will drive me and many others away.

Agreed its not for the faint hearted

Lift Tower and Marquis behave yourselves - this is a serious thread/subject Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: July 29, 2014, 12:09:06 pm »

Even Christmas will be pushing it for a completed and fully functioning East stand Dunc.

I mentioned to you earlier in the year that I just can't find it in me to trust David Cardoza or anything he says. A perfect example of why I mistrust the man so much was in his recent YouTube act he said the East stand would be finished in time for the start of the season as that is what the builders had told him and he had no reason to disbelieve them or something along those lines. Any developer worth his salt would be fully aware of the time any project will take as it can affect repayments and costings etc.

I'm looking forward to his answers at the open forum Barton tells us is coming up.
Well he must have known it wouldn't be ready, it was originally going to start in or around March but they put it back to the close season so you've instantly got a delay there - and this is without factoring in the delays with demolition.
Report Spam   Logged

Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: July 29, 2014, 12:40:53 pm »

I do hope this will retain your interest. It would be a massive blow for everyone if you decided to let your self be driven away  Cry

Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
Birdpoo

View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: July 29, 2014, 12:42:54 pm »

Grin Grin Grin

Wink

but it does Grin although it is an archaic word

Hope this helps :

in·ter·pret  [in-tur-prit]  Show IPA  

verb (used with object)

can be used as a descriptive adjective but use is archaic and is rarely used.

1.  to give or provide the meaning of; explain; explicate; elucidate: to interpret the hidden meaning of a parable.

2. to construe or understand in a particular way: to interpret a reply as favourable.  

3. to bring out the meaning of (a dramatic work, music, etc.) by performance or execution.

4. to perform or render (a song, role in a play, etc.) according to one's own understanding or sensitivity: The actor interpreted Mr Liftower as a weak old man.  

5. to translate orally.

Can someone please ban this muppet. What an absolute T.W.A.T  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: July 29, 2014, 12:51:58 pm »

Can someone please ban this muppet. What an absolute T.W.A.T  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yes, but he is our "T.W.A.T". It is always good to know what ever we choose to do with our lives and how ever bad things get that we will never be as big a "T.W.A.T" as he is. Don't ban him.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #3276 on: July 29, 2014, 13:22:47 pm »

To be honest...Im more than happy with the team thats been put together for the season ahead and at the end of the day (like Hamster said) thats the only thing we should be worried about in the short term.

If DC's project management of the redevelopment ends up losing the club money, then those costs will be incurred by him. That isn't being short sighted, I believe that the project will eventually be completed...but at what point of time who knows!

What I do know is that the average house extension has a few people working on it for several weeks/months. Everytime I have seen footage of work being carried out at Sixfields there appears to be less than a handful of bods involved with it, usually 2 or 3 at most coupled with the odd digger here and there. Crickey...I drive past the Wilby roundabout every day on the A45 near Wellingborough and despite there always being about 50 workers in sight, its took them 6 months to get anywhere near completing it!

I think thats the frightening thing. Only a few weeks ago, Mr C stated that the East Stand would be ready for the 2nd or 3rd home game. It really is difficult to defend those words isn't it? Because they are total and utter bull s hit!

That said. I revert back to the first point I have made. I encourage my fellow supporters to look forward to what should be an exciting season ahead and remain calm prior to the army of professional Stadium builders arriving in town once they've finished off the stadiums in Qatar.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #3277 on: July 29, 2014, 13:54:38 pm »

I see Mansfield have completely sold there section, 900 odd so there's the first lost revenue.

Hopefully they put the seats back in the east stand and carry on the works behind, as there's now less than 4500 home seats available.

Probably sell out several localish home games with that small amount available.

But as previously said its looking good on the pitch and come Saturday week, that's where we'll all be concentrating,
 unless there's no ticket for me when I rock up at 2.40pm...
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: July 29, 2014, 13:58:33 pm »

I see Mansfield have completely sold there section, 900 odd so there's the first lost revenue.
well I've been told that we've too many seats as it is so you must be telling fibs there Evil
Report Spam   Logged

sbedscobb

« Reply #3279 on: July 29, 2014, 14:26:09 pm »

well I've been told that we've too many seats as it is so you must be telling fibs there Evil
Someone once stated that having seats to sell was bad business and made no financial sense.
I'm trying to remember who that was
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: