The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:00:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821059 times)
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #6520 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:09 am »

Some good news...I think

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/new-255-house-development-on-contaminated-sixfields-land-approved-by-northampton-borough-councillors-1-6387320

Looks like DC is going to get his money back
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #6521 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:19 am »

http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/new-255-house-development-on-contaminated-sixfields-land-approved-by-northampton-borough-councillors-1-6387320
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: October 30, 2014, 11:42:34 am »

Thanks for that, clarkey.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
sbedscobb

« Reply #6523 on: October 30, 2014, 13:50:23 pm »

The way the houses back right up to the wall of the east stand, renders sixfields useless to any further development on this side of the ground, which prior to the drastic shrinking of our redevelopment this would be not have been possible, so my question of the day is.
 Did the club wreck the development to accommodate more houses?
Or did the developers take the opportunity to gain 10 extra metres of our stadium due to the clubs incompetence?

Who know where we might be in 20 years time, or should I say might've been?

Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: October 30, 2014, 15:08:27 pm »

I really think we should give Gary Johnson a bit more time to get it right.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
John

View Profile
« Reply #6525 on: October 30, 2014, 15:12:23 pm »

Who know where we might be in 20 years time, or should I say might've been?

My guess is you'll still be whining on here.
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #6526 on: October 30, 2014, 16:59:37 pm »

If something annoyed me and I knew how to prevent myself from being annoyed by It, I'd probably follow that action you know.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Ectonteynfan

View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: October 30, 2014, 17:01:54 pm »

The way the houses back right up to the wall of the east stand, renders sixfields useless to any further development on this side of the ground, which prior to the drastic shrinking of our redevelopment this would be not have been possible, so my question of the day is.
 Did the club wreck the development to accommodate more houses?
Or did the developers take the opportunity to gain 10 extra metres of our stadium due to the clubs incompetence?

Who know where we might be in 20 years time, or should I say might've been? still two more stands and 4 corners u know

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #6528 on: October 30, 2014, 22:01:33 pm »

So what does this mean with regard to the Dev? What is your take on this bit of news GPC ?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #6529 on: October 30, 2014, 22:08:05 pm »

If something annoyed me and I knew how to prevent myself from being annoyed by It, I'd probably follow that action you know.

I can't help picture Clint in Gran Torino.
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6530 on: October 31, 2014, 09:02:11 am »

I can't help picture Clint in Gran Torino.
Gran Torino was recognized by the American Film Institute as one of the Ten Best Films of 2008.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #6531 on: October 31, 2014, 09:05:21 am »

Gran Torino was recognized by the American Film Institute as one of the Ten Best Films of 2008.

Thanks Clint, you were great in it.
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: October 31, 2014, 10:43:33 am »

From now on this thread is about the film gran torino.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #6533 on: October 31, 2014, 11:54:22 am »

So what does this mean with regard to the Dev? What is your take on this bit of news GPC ?

I don't really think it means anything! It was always part of the grand plan wasn't it? And reading the comments on the Chron website it's only outline planning permission and there are still a few surveys and some work to be done to confirm that the land is ok to build residential property on.

I also think that this was the expected course of action. The planning application wasn't delayed, refused or anything, it has so far run it's course according to what it should have done therefore I don't believe that this is in any way related to the delay which we are now seeing with the East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #6534 on: October 31, 2014, 12:17:44 pm »

I don't really think it means anything! It was always part of the grand plan wasn't it? And reading the comments on the Chron website it's only outline planning permission and there are still a few surveys and some work to be done to confirm that the land is ok to build residential property on.

I also think that this was the expected course of action. The planning application wasn't delayed, refused or anything, it has so far run it's course according to what it should have done therefore I don't believe that this is in any way related to the delay which we are now seeing with the East Stand.

Thks
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #6535 on: October 31, 2014, 13:00:47 pm »

From now on this thread is about the film gran torino.

Finally! Something worth talking about.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: October 31, 2014, 13:13:11 pm »

Time to put down the hand bags for a while. Yes we all have our views.
NTFC are very deep in the Mire. DC knows this hence why he has more or less disappeared. The Trust know as well, but by being so close to the club they have lost any means of asking the club leading questions. The local newspaper is just to scared to ask for anything more than a team sheet.
Time for the supporters to start to worry, if this all ends badly we my not have a club any more, that is a real possibility.
Good sensible post tcobb. NTFC are in very deep mire. Very difficult situation for the club (especially the Cardoza's) The club MUST make a statement, this really is the time to take responsibility, own up to mistakes & try to keep support on board!
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6537 on: October 31, 2014, 14:28:37 pm »

Good sensible post tcobb. NTFC are in very deep mire. Very difficult situation for the club (especially the Cardoza's) The club MUST make a statement, this really is the time to take responsibility, own up to mistakes & try to keep support on board!

People seem to be very confused about the implications of something being 'sub judice'.

Assuming there is an ongoing case or dispute the club are unable to make a statement with any content much beyond that which they already have.  The key word there is 'unable' - you can't pick and choose bits of the judicial system you like and just ignore the others.

I agree that maybe the club could issue another "we're sorry but we still can't divulge any further detail" type of comment but the big reveal we're waiting for isn't going to come until the matter is settled in (or out of) court.

And nope - this isn't 'happy clapping', I'm not defending the club at all.  I have absolutely no idea what the problem is or where the blame lies. 

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #6538 on: October 31, 2014, 15:53:32 pm »

I'm sure there are others on here that know far more about the legal system than me but I always understood the Sub Judice only applied in criminal matters once a prosecution has been made and in cvil cases where a hearing is due, or on under way.
I can understand why the club does not want to 'wash it's dirty laundry in public' especially if they happen to be accused of anything underhand or incompetent but to claim it's a legal necessity is taking it a bit far.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6539 on: October 31, 2014, 16:09:16 pm »

I'm sure there are others on here that know far more about the legal system than me but I always understood the Sub Judice only applied in criminal matters once a prosecution has been made and in cvil cases where a hearing is due, or on under way.
I can understand why the club does not want to 'wash it's dirty laundry in public' especially if they happen to be accused of anything underhand or incompetent but to claim it's a legal necessity is taking it a bit far.

I'm not going to claim certainty in that regard but I don't believe sub judice to be restricted to those conditions.  Alas, the legal counsel of the club has certainly pointed them in that direction which is all that really matters.

"We accept the need to communicate in much greater detail, and as soon as we can, we will.

However, we hope supporters understand that with legal matters pending we are unable to do so currently."

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: