The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:00:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822734 times)
Melbourne Cobbler, Another Pedj and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #7900 on: December 30, 2014, 07:57:53 am »

Do you really care if he makes 'the money back and some'? Or do you just not like the East Stand? And it wasn't 'sold' for £1, it was leased. If he'd really bought it he could have sold it the next day for considerably more to one of the many other people desperate to take Northampton to the top and really invest.

No I don't, he can make millions for all I care about but what I do care about is him making a complete and utter balls up at our football club in the process
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
guest49

« Reply #7901 on: December 30, 2014, 07:59:10 am »

Do you really care if he makes 'the money back and some'?

The sooner the better.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #7902 on: December 30, 2014, 09:50:27 am »

No I don't, he can make millions for all I care about but what I do care about is him making a complete and utter balls up at our football club in the process
Perfect answer, perhaps some of the geriatric members of this board will understand why the living are so upset by this whole sorry fiasco
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7903 on: December 30, 2014, 11:21:49 am »

Without knowing what he's about to say both your and the opposite view are equally premature..

If he is about to announce in another orchestrated store cupboard style event, that everything is now fine and we have nothing to worry about, then he deserves no praise at at all.

If he is lining up a reasonable explanation to his customers why he has remained tight lipped then fair play to him.

If/when work ever recommences on the East, do you think we'll ever truly learn what the delay was? Or will it be the usual undisclosed.
Report Spam   Logged
sussexcobbler

View Profile
Apple User
« Reply #7904 on: December 30, 2014, 12:19:18 pm »

So it was good news.... and dare I say worth the wait.

It may take an extra 12 months, but 12-14 boxes providing substantial income, (slightly) larger stadium providing a tiny amount of new income on the very rare occasions we sell out, a hotel and conference centre providing decent income and houses to pay off the loan.  All in all a great result I would suggest.

Now how many of the posters on here are going to be big enough to say they got over emotional and made many many many libellous comments that were actually without foundation.  As fans we should be equally ashamed at how we have treated our chairman, as he should be for not moving us forward.

Sadly I doubt anyone on here is big enough to admit they may have been wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #7905 on: December 30, 2014, 12:22:29 pm »

2 points mr positive...

1. Should is the key word. We shall see.
2. 14-16 boxes. So he still doesn't know what's being built! That's like building a house and not knowing how many bedrooms it's going to have!
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #7906 on: December 30, 2014, 12:23:04 pm »

DC spoke on Radio Northampton saying the work commences next week with the aim to be completed in 3 months.
The club will project manage the development directly with the builders. I think the details were 14 boxes, extra seats in the East stand, new seats to completed in the West stand with other expansion work. Confirmation statement to follow. Jonah's comment please!    
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #7907 on: December 30, 2014, 12:30:52 pm »

Did he explain the nature of the legal dispute?
Report Spam   Logged
Ed

View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: December 30, 2014, 12:32:25 pm »

Videos up on YouTube.

Playing down the f*** up of the redevelopment, giving CW a vote of confidence and saying we have the 5th highest wage bill in L2. Brilliant. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #7909 on: December 30, 2014, 12:36:55 pm »

It's not about being right or wrong, well it may be for some of you as highlighted perfectly above.
The way the whole fiasco has been handled has been appalling. Even if we built the new Wembley, nothing will ever change that.

You have to admire the optimism though. 3 months is a bold statement, so fair play for projecting a swift completion date. It'll certainly be more atheistically pleasing off the pitch, even if the football doesn't improve!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #7910 on: December 30, 2014, 12:40:33 pm »

Straight from the cupboard.

Report Spam   Logged
garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: December 30, 2014, 12:40:51 pm »

This is a warning, Manwork04, that ageist statements are NOT allowed on this board. There have been enough warnings by now.

Thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

TbananaG

« Reply #7912 on: December 30, 2014, 12:49:14 pm »

There is not the slightest possibility of the East stand construction project being completed within three months, especially when those three months are Jan, Feb and March.

It's a bullish statement from DC that effectively tells us nothing new. It's very positive though that he is now speaking publicly, but that still doesn't excuse the PR disaster of the last three months.

Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: December 30, 2014, 12:58:41 pm »

So, nothing new there then.

As you were.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #7914 on: December 30, 2014, 13:09:24 pm »

Did he explain the nature of the legal dispute?

The dispute is/was between the project manager contracted to do the work and the developer. That was in the Chron in about October.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: December 30, 2014, 13:14:42 pm »

So it was good news.... and dare I say worth the wait.

It may take an extra 12 months, but 12-14 boxes providing substantial income, (slightly) larger stadium providing a tiny amount of new income on the very rare occasions we sell out, a hotel and conference centre providing decent income and houses to pay off the loan.  All in all a great result I would suggest.

Now how many of the posters on here are going to be big enough to say they got over emotional and made many many many libellous comments that were actually without foundation.  As fans we should be equally ashamed at how we have treated our chairman, as he should be for not moving us forward.

Sadly I doubt anyone on here is big enough to admit they may have been wrong.

Wrong? You clown!

Latest word, straight from the Box Room: "Should. Should. Should."

So is it fourteen or sixteen (or ten) boxes? 7.5 million and next to f*** all extra capacity (cue the 'but we don't need extra capacity' morons!).
Plus the f***ing stand will look hideous!

There's a f***ing lot of easily pleased people around here Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7916 on: December 30, 2014, 13:15:49 pm »

Work "could/should/might ." Start next week. How many times have the supporters been told that.
The Legal issue is still ongoing. So nothing resolved yet then.
Anybody would think there is a home game coming up.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #7917 on: December 30, 2014, 13:26:13 pm »

Sorry but he's done little to win me over in that interview.

Loads of fluffy ifs buts and maybes, worryingly he still clearly doesn't know what the end product looks like else he'd show us an image or be specific on specifications, no set plan for the wider stadium completion and no clarity on anything.

He's had since April to get a clear plan together for all of the above.

I'm convinced now more than ever that the guy is making it up as he goes along, and it's absoluely no shock to me that we've ended up in a legal dispute.

If the redevelopment is done by May I'll be extremely pleased but simple can't see it materialising.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: December 30, 2014, 13:26:55 pm »

Er where are these extra boxes going then without altering the structure?
Surely they must reduce the number of seats , not increase it.
Anyway, tbh I've lost interest in the damn thing, its an unmitigated disaster from start to finish.
Probably more worried by his unqualified support for Wilder who is the second unmitigated disaster.
Happy New Year......... not.
ps, I am very old, have a cold and the grandchildren just called me a grumpy old git.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #7919 on: December 30, 2014, 13:38:02 pm »

Wrong? You clown!

That is OTT - debate with Sussex not bombastic criticism.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: