The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:24:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 [726] 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820892 times)
coboz and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #14500 on: October 26, 2015, 20:54:35 pm »

Ivan Toney = running costs.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerron

View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: October 26, 2015, 20:55:22 pm »

Didn't the Indian consortium agree to buy us as well?
Il believe it when I see it.......

As I was told at the time, yes. Was also told multiple other things that proved to be true. This whole thing is getting tiresome. I got some stuff wrong, but if you're happy to sit there and point score whilst we're up the creek then knock yourself out you sad bastard.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #14502 on: October 26, 2015, 20:58:35 pm »

As I was told at the time, yes. Was also told multiple other things that proved to be true. This whole thing is getting tiresome. I got some stuff wrong, but if you're happy to sit there and point score whilst we're up the creek then knock yourself out you sad bastard.
Thanks will do.
Report Spam   Logged
Andy NN3

View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: October 26, 2015, 21:04:51 pm »

Shut up you bore
Talk is cheap. I trust you've already put your money where your mouth is?
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/ntfctrust
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: October 26, 2015, 21:07:34 pm »

So basically no one is buying the club until they can sort out who has to pay back the money.
As much as it pains me to say it if I was the council I'd make a condition of buying the club an immediate payment of the £10.25M owed.
They've already had their pants pulled down once and I don't suppose they'd welcome any more slip ups.
Nor would the Northampton tax payers who don't give a fig about the cobblers.
I'd suggest buying the club and letting a perspective new owner pay off the debt in stages would be a risky strategy.
What if heaven forbid the first payment is met but then payments stop.....
It's a bloody merry go round.
For me whoevers buying should pay off the council and then buy the club.
Excuse my scepticism but I can't see anyone doing that...
Report Spam   Logged
Andy NN3

View Profile
« Reply #14505 on: October 26, 2015, 21:13:08 pm »

I think it's extremely unlikely that NBC will see all (if any) if the £10.25m again.

The question now is, can they afford for NTFC not to continue, and be left with a half built stadium sitting empty costing them circa £500k a year to run?

The outcome, I guess, will lie somewhere between the two...
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerron

View Profile
« Reply #14506 on: October 26, 2015, 21:13:40 pm »

Talk is cheap. I trust you've already put your money where your mouth is?
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/ntfctrust

I shall when I get paid, is that okay Andy?
Report Spam   Logged
Blackadder

View Profile
« Reply #14507 on: October 26, 2015, 21:14:20 pm »

So basically no one is buying the club until they can sort out who has to pay back the money.
As much as it pains me to say it if I was the council I'd make a condition of buying the club an immediate payment of the £10.25M owed.
They've already had their pants pulled down once and I don't suppose they'd welcome any more slip ups.
I'd suggest buying the club and letting a perspective new owner pay off the debt in stages would be a risky strategy.

But presumably no one buying the club would be the 10.25m not being repaid so there will have to be a compramise from the council. 10m over 100 years is surely better for all involved than nothing or 10p in the pound.

No idea how the land deal fits into all this admittedly far to complicated for me and let's be honest were all trying to piece it together and make sense of the mess...
Report Spam   Logged
Andy NN3

View Profile
« Reply #14508 on: October 26, 2015, 21:15:42 pm »

Glad to hear it, especially as we need £166k now  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #14509 on: October 26, 2015, 21:15:52 pm »

So where is this 10m now then? How come nobody seems too fussed about finding it?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cobbler1991

View Profile
« Reply #14510 on: October 26, 2015, 21:17:43 pm »

If we follow your plan, we're definitely going into liquidation. Nobody unless they are an NTFC fan with lots of cash to throw around is going to agree to those terms and going by the lack of them showing interest, I can assume the number of people in this case is about the same as the number of Dodo's around.

If we want NTFC to exist without starting in the United Counties, it will have to be paid back in stages.
Report Spam   Logged
Matthew Rush

« Reply #14511 on: October 26, 2015, 21:20:48 pm »

So all £10.25m was given to 1st Land.
Convenient.

That's not what was said. He said some (I'm assuming ~£2m) was retained by the club for West Stand work which was directly contracted. The rest (~8m) was given to First Land which we already know.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 21:59:25 pm by Matthew Rush » Report Spam   Logged
Vince Planner

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 5 Combination
« Reply #14512 on: October 26, 2015, 21:22:27 pm »

So where is this 10m now then? How come nobody seems too fussed about finding it?
Exactly, why hasn't someone been arrested?
Report Spam   Logged
claretarmy

View Profile
Level 5 Search Combination
« Reply #14513 on: October 26, 2015, 21:25:06 pm »

I thought the NBC statement in the chron on Thursday said that they would get the 10 million back by selling the land?

Has something else been said at the meeting tonight?

Surely this can be investigated to find out where this loan money has ended up!!
Report Spam   Logged
Blackadder

View Profile
« Reply #14514 on: October 26, 2015, 21:26:06 pm »

Presumably because nothing illegal happened, but got to agree with The Marquis why doesn't anyone seem to fussed about getting answers.
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #14515 on: October 26, 2015, 21:27:40 pm »

Let's face it, something illegal has happened, or it's incompetence of the complete highest order.

If any other business had acted this way, everyone would say that they deserve to go bust.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #14516 on: October 26, 2015, 21:28:14 pm »

If we follow your plan, we're definitely going into liquidation. Nobody unless they are an NTFC fan with lots of cash to throw around is going to agree to those terms and going by the lack of them showing interest, I can assume the number of people in this case is about the same as the number of Dodo's around.

If we want NTFC to exist without starting in the United Counties, it will have to be paid back in stages.
I can see your point but I think it's a fair point that having been royally shafted regards payments once the council are under no obligation to give anyone else coming in any slack.
In fairness many would argue its something they certainly should not do,once bitten etc.
Whilst of course there is an argument that they may as well hope to get it back over a period of time there is no guarantee that they have to accept this.
In fairness the club has been an absolute nightmare for the council and they may decide that if they can't get an acceptable compromise then they might as well wash their hands of the club and the money.
I hope it doesn't materialise but there is a chance that ntfc may be more trouble than they are worth as far as the council are concerned.
Even the most passionate fan would have to admit that they could have a point
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #14517 on: October 26, 2015, 21:28:59 pm »

As for our CEO.... Not sure how he still has a job if that amount of money has been paid to someone "by mistake".
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #14518 on: October 26, 2015, 21:31:29 pm »

Let's face it, something illegal has happened, or it's incompetence of the complete highest order.

If any other business had acted this way, everyone would say that they deserve to go bust.
reminds me of news international and the phone hacking scandal.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #14519 on: October 26, 2015, 21:33:50 pm »

That should be the focus. It hasn't been spent, so should be pursued to repay the loan.
If it is sitting legally in Grossman's Flexaccount then it should at least be clarified. It's like it has vanished into a 1st Land hole but these things happen, so  Roll Eyes

It's a good point though. It's not the customers (fans) fault but as a business we deserve to go bust. Thanks to the man at the top.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 [726] 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: