The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:54:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821631 times)
Ralap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #16240 on: November 26, 2015, 09:18:41 am »

Shall we run a book on who is the first to complain that the East Stand design (when completed) isn't to their liking and that it's a "wasted opportunity" and "where has the £3m been spent on completing it?"

You know it'll happen lol

You know I hate the design but I can't see KT spending the amount of money needed to rescue it and building a decent stand. It is what it is now, we have to accept it and move on. Another part of the Cardoza legacy.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16241 on: November 26, 2015, 11:09:11 am »

A few weeks ago our dear Everbrite predicted there would be some kind of "fudge" to save the club. I had a feeling he'd be right. This appears to be it.

Please don't give Everbrite credit for suggesting this fudge (or for anything else Grin). A number of us had already suggested this as the only logical way for the deal to be completed and for NBC to claw back some money.

As for the logistics of this thread: I think before it is closed, someone should trawl back through it and name and shame whoever were the last three people still supporting the Cardozas! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #16242 on: November 26, 2015, 11:19:09 am »

Who said it was going to be closed?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #16243 on: November 26, 2015, 11:30:26 am »

Shall we run a book on who is the first to complain that the East Stand design (when completed) isn't to their liking and that it's a "wasted opportunity" and "where has the £3m been spent on completing it?"

You know it'll happen lol

There already is one pretty much from day one. Believe he lives in Bedfordshire  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #16244 on: November 26, 2015, 11:30:54 am »

The redevelopment continues until it is finished, surely this thread remains open.
Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #16245 on: November 26, 2015, 11:31:33 am »

Who said it was going to be closed?
How about this thread reverts to a "Re-Development Closer Than Ever" thread again, reflecting the new optimism.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 17:30:06 pm by pattcobb » Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16246 on: November 26, 2015, 11:49:56 am »

Hoiw about this thread reverts to a "Re-Development Closer Than Ever" thread again, reflecting the new optimism.
I'll wait until about 1515  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #16247 on: November 26, 2015, 13:03:51 pm »

I'll wait until about 1515  Cheesy

Or until the diggers are on site Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #16248 on: November 26, 2015, 13:45:52 pm »

You know I hate the design but I can't see KT spending the amount of money needed to rescue it and building a decent stand. It is what it is now, we have to accept it and move on. Another part of the Cardoza legacy.

Agreed, it may not be great but I'd rather extra money was spent on the south/north to make them better and bigger. We I'll need more seats in the south for L1 next season anyway :-)

I actually think with some proper planning the interior of the east could be used better. Move the restaurant into there and make that into a bigger fans bar in the west
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
Tony Tourettes Adc**k

Telling it how it is. f*** off

View Profile
« Reply #16249 on: November 26, 2015, 18:31:49 pm »

I'm feeling optimistic that our NEW chairman (so good to write that) will do a decent job in finishing the east.

Buckingham also seemed to give the impression their pride was dented by the fiasco so hopefully we get a surprise result.

We can't close this thread. What happens when due to promotion they announce they intend to extend one or two ends? The hours of fun with Evers are due to continue for some time Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #16250 on: November 26, 2015, 19:00:44 pm »

Too right - I have invested hours of pointless arguments to keep this thread alive - and it should formally be closed only on the million hit point.........
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: November 26, 2015, 19:06:56 pm »

You saw the light in the end though didn't you? And a lot sooner than most. Shame some still can't, even now.
Report Spam   Logged

LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: November 26, 2015, 19:16:15 pm »

Why the hell would you close this thread? It's supposed to be to discuss the redevelopment of the stadium, KT is still going to at least finish the east stand, then look to put a conference centre in and then there's the possibility of extended north and south stands.  The thread got derailed by all the talk about fraud and takeovers but its primary purpose was the redevelopment.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: November 26, 2015, 19:29:34 pm »

It's not getting closed. Why are people saying this?! Why do you think I'd act on the word of some of the clowns on here who up until a month ago were telling us that all was fine? I might even pin it at the top of the forum as a reminder to all that just because somebody says something that is deemed negative and doom laden, it doesn't mean they're wrong and that you would all do well to remember this. Yeah. I might just do that.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: November 26, 2015, 19:56:55 pm »

You saw the light in the end though didn't you? And a lot sooner than most. Shame some still can't, even now.

And others now won't admit to ever having supported Cardoza, they were just attempting a balanced viewpoint, which is all well and good, but even when the information was readily available to be dissected, it was still the fault of the Brickowski Six, or Seven, or Eight, or however bloody many it was. Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 20:00:04 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16255 on: November 26, 2015, 20:14:02 pm »

At cardozas last public appearance, a meeting at Sixfields he was getting grilled by Iestn I think his name is, when a Cardoza fan piped up that we as fans should sing his name for all the good work he did!!   Grin. This makes me howl just thinking about it Grin

This thread was once closed in its early days due to cardoza bashing!
As for anyone piping up about stadium designs and progress in the coming months, I'm happy to wait and see the 4000 seat stand, 20 exec boxes, large supporters bars, fans village, hotel, conference centre and new sixfields station so I don't need to walk back to castle station in the rain..
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16256 on: November 26, 2015, 20:28:12 pm »

Personally hope there's no baiting of Cardoza fans on here.
Cardoza was very plausible even when he did jack for 10years he continually promised the earth.
Even when he Grossman mugged him he was still blazing with both guns.
Some just wanted to believe he would deliver for the good of the club.
So only one villain here and  not the guy who collected all my facebook, twitter and THE posts and sent them to Gareth so cardoza could sue me.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #16257 on: November 26, 2015, 21:16:51 pm »

Can we have this please Kelvin, I believe it also contains a conference centre

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-24564081

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Vince Planner

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 5 Combination
« Reply #16258 on: November 26, 2015, 21:55:44 pm »

Can we have this please Kelvin, I believe it also contains a conference centre

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-24564081

That roof wouldn't last long in a gale...
Report Spam   Logged
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: November 27, 2015, 06:27:05 am »

Anyone else agree with me that after 3pm today this record breaking thread should be gracefully retired?

It's not getting closed. Why are people saying this?! Why do you think I'd act on the word of some of the clowns on here who up until a month ago were telling us that all was fine?

Bit harsh on patt.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: