The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:36:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820583 times)
Worthless Recluse and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16840 on: February 08, 2016, 11:13:42 am »

It was written in the chron at the time. I didn't keep copies I'm afraid. I don't know if it's common or not. I'm not privy to many footballers contracts.  I only know about this because I can reading it back around the time Wilkinson was playing Football Manager '03.

Yes, but it was a certain D. Cardoza making those claims, so might be worth a pinch of salt Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #16841 on: February 08, 2016, 19:15:44 pm »

Wilder mentioned the bonus scheme earlier in the season. It might have been after the Leyton Orient game when they scored late on and it meant we weren't in the top 7 at the end of the game. "We are all disappointed, but it might have saved the powers that be a few quid" Something like that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 19:18:11 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #16842 on: February 08, 2016, 19:25:55 pm »

That's 2015.
I'm on about 2003.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
ceebee2

View Profile
Apple User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #16843 on: February 11, 2016, 21:39:03 pm »

No news about DC and his mates for a couple of days - enquiries ongoing etc etc.

Do you think the boys in blue are about to bring him back in for further questioning or widen the investigation by bringing the Bushey lot in???

Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16844 on: February 11, 2016, 22:43:28 pm »

No idea but dopey is out on conditional bail, one of those conditions most likely being "stay where we can see you"
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #16845 on: February 11, 2016, 23:24:02 pm »

No idea but dopey is out on conditional bail, one of those conditions most likely being "stay where we can see you"

He'll be looking to cut a deal. It's in his genetics.
Report Spam   Logged
ceebee2

View Profile
« Reply #16846 on: February 18, 2016, 16:19:48 pm »

Now then chaps, really sorry to bring this massive thread to the fore again, but let's not forget, while we are doing fantastically well right now, our future prosperity and ability to have days and weeks like this on top of the world (or League 2 at any rate) depend on this thorny little issue being resolved satisfactorily and progressed urgently.

I was at the Fans Forum on Thursday 7th January and I'm sure Kelvin asked us all to give him another 6 weeks or so to find a suitable way forward for the East Stand (correct me if I'm wrong), well guess what ..... that was 6 weeks ago tonight, so I know from what he said it was all really complicated, and that's fine, but if your reading this Kelvin or any of his representatives, please take this as a gentle reminder that time is ticking, and the fans like your style and being communicated with, rather than the approach the previous occupier of your position used to employ.

The visit to Oxford on Tuesday has once again convinced me that the East Stand in the format that it currently sits partially constructed is "neither use nor ornament" as my old Mum would put it, and nothing short of knocking it down and going back to the original design will ever get us anywhere near the goal of having a 15,000 capacity stadium.

To be fair to Oxford they are well on their way to having a 15,000 capacity stadium (currently 12,500) and their missing side has no seats at all (obviously).

Whether the redevelopment that does take place is supported by NBC, as I think it should be (otherwise they will have just walked away from their commitment to support the club to the benefit of the people of Northampton), or not remains to be seen, but unless the East Stand holds at least 4,000 it's just not mathematically possible to have a 15,000 capacity stadium - 2,000 simply won't do.

Anyway, an announcement of some sort would be great, even if there are still problems and issues needing to be resolved.

Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16847 on: February 18, 2016, 16:49:19 pm »

In what possible world do you imagine NBC lending NTFC any money in the near, mid or long term future?
Report Spam   Logged

ajp

View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: February 18, 2016, 17:02:23 pm »

I think some people need to get a bit real here. We are well clear at the top of division two but it's not as though we are sold out weeks in advance is it! 10000 maybe 12000 is more realistic imo of what we could/would achieve in the championship!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #16849 on: February 18, 2016, 17:06:36 pm »

Was a timescale of six weeks suggested by KT at the Jan fans forum?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #16850 on: February 18, 2016, 19:11:12 pm »

I think some people need to get a bit real here. We are well clear at the top of division two but it's not as though we are sold out weeks in advance is it! 10000 maybe 12000 is more realistic imo of what we could/would achieve in the championship!

I think every supporter would agree that a capacity of 12,000 with 2,500 or so away seats will be sufficient to future proof the club.
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #16851 on: February 18, 2016, 19:37:28 pm »

I think every supporter would agree that a capacity of 12,000 with 2,500 or so away seats will be sufficient to future proof the club.

+1
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
ceebee2

View Profile
« Reply #16852 on: February 18, 2016, 20:33:49 pm »

Well I take the points raised, especially the fact that even in our current situation we're not selling out, but even if the plan is to have a stadium with a 12,000 capacity, an East Stand that only holds 2,000 simply isn't big enough to get to that figure. The Cardoza plan Mk2 (!) with the East Stand as it currently is but finished, got the stadium to 8,000 capacity, so where are you going to fit the remaining 4,000 seats then? ...... may be another 1,000 at each end but then what, you're still 2,000 short?

Finally, can we please clear up this point about Northampton Borough Council who took the land behind the stadium when DC failed to repay it in full, as they were entitled under the terms. That leaves the situation where the Football Club have lost an asset (the land) and NBC are exposed to the difference between what they can get for the land and the £10.25m, less whatever they manage to get back from DC and his mates.

To my mind, whilst NBC have ended up with many red faces and probably a relatively small debt as well, it's NTFC who are the biggest losers because they've lost the asset that they could have used to raise funds to develop the stadium in the future, for nothing.

The winner, to date, by the way is still DC and his mates although that may come at a cost to them in due course.

Therefore, if NBC still want to help the club develop the facilities for the benefit of the people of Northampton as they have said they do, and as they have done for The Saints and Northants Cricket they still need to do something to help Kelvin sort the redevelopment.

Now that might not be another £10.25m loan etc etc, but I still believe they have a responsibility to help with the future development of one of the Town's top facilities for the benefit of the people of Northampton, and I certainly don't think it's out of the question that they may be in the mix somewhere when it's all sorted - what's the alternative, expect Kelvin Thomas and his consortium to shoulder all the responsibility of basically getting them off the hook for their role in the debacle in the first place?Huh?

Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16853 on: February 18, 2016, 20:44:09 pm »

They lent £10 million to Northampton Town FC. Not David Cardoza. Northampton Town FC no longer owe £10 million. You're gonna have to go on a lot of marches to get anything out of them again anytime soon I reckon.
Report Spam   Logged

Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #16854 on: February 18, 2016, 20:51:09 pm »

There is no reason why the home and away ends couldn't be developed in the future to hold 3,000 each in two tier structures. That would bring capacity up to 12,000 with corners still left which could be filled in. DC even spoke once about a third tier on the West Stand. As KT said, the joy of Sixfields is that there is plenty of room to expand.
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
guest47

« Reply #16855 on: February 18, 2016, 20:53:20 pm »

The consequence that NTFC gave £10 million worth of land to the NBC has rather slipped under the radar. We do need to remember the money that Cardoza and co. stole for their own use wasn't written off but paid by NTFC to NBC with loss of assets. That's important.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: February 18, 2016, 20:53:22 pm »

Just build the stands so they run the length of the pitch. That'd put about 1000 on without even trying
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #16857 on: February 18, 2016, 21:04:05 pm »

There is no reason why the home and away ends couldn't be developed in the future to hold 3,000 each in two tier structures. That would bring capacity up to 12,000 with corners still left which could be filled in. DC even spoke once about a third tier on the West Stand. As KT said, the joy of Sixfields is that there is plenty of room to expand.

Copies of the ends from Chesterfield's new ground would be good, 2,113 seats and some extra allocated if needed.
Report Spam   Logged
ceebee2

View Profile
« Reply #16858 on: February 18, 2016, 21:09:33 pm »

The consequence that NTFC gave £10 million worth of land to the NBC has rather slipped under the radar. We do need to remember the money that Cardoza and co. stole for their own use wasn't written off but paid by NTFC to NBC with loss of assets. That's important.

Thanks Alton - I think you're right it's easy to think that its NBC who have lost out in all of this, but it isn't it's NTFC who've lost out, and thankfully Kelvin arrived just in time to keep our heads above water straight away and with some funds to invest in the future, but whilst they might be able to finish off the East Stand with their £4m, there's no way KT & Co can finance the redevelopment of the whole ground up to the level that folks are expecting (add 1,000 seats here / add a 3rd tier to the West etc etc) without funds and there's no way those funds are going to come through the turnstiles or sponsorship or prize money with the facilities as they currently are ..... it's a classic catch 22.

That's why I raised the issue of announcements of what the plan is for the East Stand as that will give us a fair indication of whether we will indeed be able to set off on a trip "up the Football League we go" as we love to sing nowadays or whether we may find that all of that is as out of reach as it ever was, and this season is just a blip on a pretty mundane and ordinary existence yo-yoing between the 3rd and 4th tier of English football, or maybe even worse.  
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #16859 on: February 18, 2016, 21:16:22 pm »

In amongst all the parochial to NTFC thought in all this, what happened to the Athletics club when they were evicted on the promise of an NTFC funded relocation?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 [843] 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: