The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:36:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 [876] 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821217 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17500 on: April 25, 2016, 18:01:21 pm »

a seat will earn 23x£20=£460 at best next season, presuming it is sold every match next season.
I reckon a hotel room might make more than that, even taking into account electricity and staffing.
I think they'll be planning on fitting more than 1 seat  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #17501 on: April 25, 2016, 18:39:31 pm »

i was highlighting the ridiculousness of the quoted text
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Tony Tourettes Adc**k

Telling it how it is. f*** off

View Profile
« Reply #17502 on: April 26, 2016, 04:14:42 am »

i was highlighting the ridiculousness of the quoted text

How is it ridiculous? An empty hotel room costs more than an empty seat. This is the forum that likes it's facts.

I totally agree, some hotels are extremely profitable just as some football clubs are but Beds is correct a hotel room averages 25m2 so that's approx 40 seats in a stadium not one.

A hotel generally works on around 60%, you base your calculations on 100% occupancy, so based on your own calculations that's £18400 gross for the seats not £460 for the equivalent space.

If a medium sized, non franchise hotel netted £18k per room, per annum most would be jumping for joy!

Anyway forget it, come stay at my hotel for a week, you and the good Mrs Marquis can have a week free, you'll have to pay flights and transfers though.
Report Spam   Logged
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #17503 on: April 26, 2016, 07:23:14 am »

This is the forum that likes it's facts.

Actually I think thats just me.

"Every other league 1 clubs have proper sized grounds/ infrastructure for their immediate ambition except 1... Us!"

Burton Albion look to be on the point of reaching the Championship, with a 6912 capacity. I would suggest that IF we reached the Championship, then KT would find sponsors willing to pay towards two-tiered ends to the ground.

Burton are very much a fluke, I don't think we should be using them as a guide. You won't see Sunderland fans expecting to win the League next year and citing Leicester as evidence that they should.

Report Spam   Logged
Matthew Rush

« Reply #17504 on: April 26, 2016, 07:49:11 am »

I wouldn't call Burton a 'fluke.' In the last 10 years alone Yeovil, Southend, Colchester, Sc***horpe, Brentford and Bournemouth have all been promoted out of L1. I don't think any of these clubs had capacities over 10,000 at the time.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #17505 on: April 26, 2016, 07:51:16 am »

A hotel generally works on around 60%

Although the whole argument is pointless... BECAUSE IT'S BEEN SAID A THOUSAND TIMES THAT KT IS NOT GOING TO EXPAND THE CAPACITY UNTIL HE HAS LOOKED AT OTHER COMMERCIAL OPTIONS.

I just took a look at Hilton & Premier inn average occupancy. They reckon they have an average of 75%-80%..

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17506 on: April 26, 2016, 08:34:07 am »

Although the whole argument is pointless... BECAUSE IT'S BEEN SAID A THOUSAND TIMES THAT KT IS NOT GOING TO EXPAND THE CAPACITY UNTIL HE HAS LOOKED AT OTHER COMMERCIAL OPTIONS.

That's just how I see it, So when nbc head clr Markham allows several acres at sixfields to be built on which allows Kelvin the opportunity to build a hotel and Conferencing centre, which will take until 2021/2022  to complete, then what?

If I was in his position, all things considered, I know my next step would be to sell the lot, lock stock and barrel hotel, conf centre and the 120year old 4th tier league club and 7700 capacity ground attached to take maximum yield from my investment, and move on to the next club.

What measures are in place other than a wing and a prayer and plentiful trusting supporters to protect the football club from being mothballed again for another decade or so?

If clr Markham is giving Kelvin several acres of 'Sixfields' shouldn't a protection clause be added to protect the interests of the football club this time?

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #17507 on: April 26, 2016, 09:27:17 am »

I wouldn't call Burton a 'fluke.' In the last 10 years alone Yeovil, Southend, Colchester, Sc***horpe, Brentford and Bournemouth have all been promoted out of L1. I don't think any of these clubs had capacities over 10,000 at the time.

I'm fairly certain that both Brentford and Southend had capacity well in excess of 10,000, and the others all exceeded 9,000. Not that anything you wrote is relevant because our capacity barely exceeds 7,700, so we are not even in that ballpark. Forget the Championship, simple fact is: without additional capacity for away fans, the club will lose money in a varying number of games each season.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #17508 on: April 26, 2016, 09:28:55 am »

Markham doesn't have to "give" us anything - as I understand it the club still owns the immediately surrounding area as a part of its lease, and it's that land that the hotel and conference centre will be built upon. It's only the area that would have had housing built upon it that we handed back to the council.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #17509 on: April 26, 2016, 10:44:40 am »

Not sure why 10,000 is your bench mark when Burtons is less than 7000. Yeovil were a similar fluke and look where they are now, they were never fit for Championship level.
Report Spam   Logged
Matthew Rush

« Reply #17510 on: April 26, 2016, 12:12:12 pm »

Not sure why 10,000 is your bench mark when Burtons is less than 7000. Yeovil were a similar fluke and look where they are now, they were never fit for Championship level.

I never said that it would be fit for Championship level. Sustainability is a different issue. It's just not inconceivable to finish in the upper reaches of L1 in modern football without a huge capacity and the crowds to fill it. I'm just trying to prove that it's not a fluke. 10,000 was just a figure plucked out of thin air so perhaps it would be better to look at crowd numbers for that club in their promotion season.

Of those that I'd listed, only one of Yeovil (4,072), Southend (8,053), Colchester (3,969), Sc***horpe (5,021), Brentford (7,716), and Bournemouth (6,852) had a bigger average than our current capacity. Incidentally, Burton have an average of 3,930 this season.
Report Spam   Logged
HallamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #17511 on: April 26, 2016, 13:09:57 pm »

It's just not inconceivable to finish in the upper reaches of L1 in modern football without a huge capacity and the crowds to fill it.

I never said it was inconceivable, I said Burton was a fluke.
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #17512 on: April 26, 2016, 14:10:16 pm »

Doesn't matter how many are around the pitch, it's the 11 on the pitch that will have the biggest say on which league we are in.
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
Matthew Rush

« Reply #17513 on: April 26, 2016, 14:20:57 pm »

How do you define fluke then? I'd say a good few examples over the last 10 years adds weight to the argument it's not a fluke as the word itself implies it's unlikely to be repeated.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #17514 on: April 26, 2016, 14:30:01 pm »

Question - what would people prefer next season?

A 7,7000 capacity stadium with an average of 6,500 fans in it most weeks.

or

A 10,000 capacity stadium with an average of 6,500 fans in it most weeks.

Huh??

The Bristol Rovers game spoke volumes for me.

The two form teams in the division were playing. NTFC were chasing both promotion and possibly a first league title in 30 years. It was a sunny Saturday afternoon in April. NTFC were approx 20 league games and 4 long months unbeaten.

We still couldn't sell out the home seats.

This Saturday is a sell out... however at least 30 odd people (the number reported by the club) returned their tickets once it became apparent the game was a dead rubber. I'm not convinced it would have sold out if tickets had been put on sale following our promotion - regardless, I think the main reason it's sold out is people want to see the rare site of us lifting the league title.

I honestly can't see interest being higher a couple of months into our League One campaign than it has been recently at the exciting business end of a record breaking season.

Regardless of potential, intent and the like...... Northampton Town do not currently have 6700 home fans who want to attend games regularly! I'm also not convinced we can draw that many on a regular basis in League One..... everything points towards the need to be in the Championship before extra capacity is really required.

PS - I prefer a 7,7000 capacity stadium with an average of 6,500 fans in it most weeks  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #17515 on: April 26, 2016, 14:34:36 pm »

I think that Bristol Rovers could have sold out a few more if we had the capacity to offer them?
I think Luton could have done the same?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #17516 on: April 26, 2016, 15:01:48 pm »

Question - what would people prefer next season?

A 7,7000 capacity stadium with an average of 6,500 fans in it most weeks.

or

A 10,000 capacity stadium with an average of 6,500 fans in it most weeks.

Huh??

The Bristol Rovers game spoke volumes for me.

The two form teams in the division were playing. NTFC were chasing both promotion and possibly a first league title in 30 years. It was a sunny Saturday afternoon in April. NTFC were approx 20 league games and 4 long months unbeaten.

We still couldn't sell out the home seats.

This Saturday is a sell out... however at least 30 odd people (the number reported by the club) returned their tickets once it became apparent the game was a dead rubber. I'm not convinced it would have sold out if tickets had been put on sale following our promotion - regardless, I think the main reason it's sold out is people want to see the rare site of us lifting the league title.

I honestly can't see interest being higher a couple of months into our League One campaign than it has been recently at the exciting business end of a record breaking season.

Regardless of potential, intent and the like...... Northampton Town do not currently have 6700 home fans who want to attend games regularly! I'm also not convinced we can draw that many on a regular basis in League One..... everything points towards the need to be in the Championship before extra capacity is really required.

PS - I prefer a 7,7000 capacity stadium with an average of 6,500 fans in it most weeks  Wink
77k is too big ctid ... .would you rather us play in a packed out 10,000 capacity stadium in the championship or 4000 in league 2 with 7700 capacity..
Because that's the real choice here.

Its poor club management that has held this club back, and its that that needs to change.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #17517 on: April 26, 2016, 15:03:12 pm »

Not quite sure Burton are a fluke.  They seem to be a well
run club with decent managers.The side is consistent with good team ethic ; both these virtues have contributed to their success. Sheffield United  a big club with average mansgèr(s) but the side is remarkably inconsistent as are several other big clubs in L1.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #17518 on: April 26, 2016, 15:04:48 pm »

We did sell out the home areas. It was the away area given to the home fans that didn't get sold. It was the highest amount of home fans for years.
By having a bigger Stadium you can sell more seats to away fans, hence you would have higher gates. 6,500 in a 7,700 Stadium couldn't be bettered by much. 6,500 in a 10,000 Stadium would be bettered a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
CobblerTilIDie

View Profile
« Reply #17519 on: April 26, 2016, 15:06:10 pm »

I think that Bristol Rovers could have sold out a few more if we had the capacity to offer them?
I think Luton could have done the same?

I agree.. but that is missing my point.

I've just done a quick search and the average away attendance in League One last season was 668 - so we can't base the argument for more seats on away fans. There needs to be a bigger home support (in my opinion) to justify it.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 [876] 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: