The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 05:32:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 [885] 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1843074 times)
Larry, Melbourne Cobbler and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #17680 on: June 01, 2016, 18:37:40 pm »

A Cardoza owned team would not have finished the season.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #17681 on: June 01, 2016, 18:38:12 pm »

Please don't let us sit back and accept all that's offered up as being the very best we can hope for and being not worthy of any more.... We are .

As for similarities between past and present incubants..
Both outsiders claiming to be saviours but coming in to make maximum profits from minimal outlay... Which is fine from a business point of view but detrimental for our footbalĺ club and That's enough to get me worried about our future.

The major difference between old and new regime  is one promised loads but delivered nothing. The new hasn't  put any ideas forward to enhance the club, which is as bad imo.
Also I wouldn't be surprised to see KT get some supporters on side just as DC did to act as a buffer to suppress talk of progress, that's if as I suspect, he hasn't already  Wink

What ever is done it won't be good enough for some. Kelvin could lay big feckin golden eggs all over Sixfields and you would complain that they weren't encrusted with diamonds  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #17682 on: June 01, 2016, 18:41:44 pm »

To be fair, what good would big golden eggs do? I would see this as a definite waste of money and I'd be happy to complain about it. Big golden corporate boxes maybe?
I may have overlooked the subtext of the argument.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #17683 on: June 01, 2016, 18:43:19 pm »

A Cardoza owned team would not have finished the season.
That is a statement of fact. I cannot believe the post prior to this. Honestly BedsCobb are your questions genuine or are you just getting off on being the first storm chaser to reach the hurricane?
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #17684 on: June 01, 2016, 18:45:32 pm »

actually there is some argument that the East Stand with it's new seats and more of them IS already an improvement on what was there previously.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17685 on: June 01, 2016, 18:50:56 pm »

What ever is done it won't be good enough for some. Kelvin could lay big feckin golden eggs all over Sixfields and you would complain that they weren't encrusted with diamonds  Smiley
Not eggs golden or otherwise just a modicum of investment to allow a few more fans in for the bigger games.
He chose to take over a club in desperate need of some investment..
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #17686 on: June 01, 2016, 18:51:03 pm »

To be fair, what good would big golden eggs do? I would see this as a definite waste of money and I'd be happy to complain about it. Big golden corporate boxes maybe?
I may have overlooked the subtext of the argument.

You have overlooked the subtext of the argument  Wink

Big feckin golden eggs would attract the attention of people with plenty of (magic) beans. We could make giant strides to the championship with more beans!
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #17687 on: June 01, 2016, 18:55:01 pm »

Not eggs golden or otherwise just a modicum of investment to allow a few more fans in for the bigger games.

Fee fi fo fum, I smell the blood of a Luton WUM   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #17688 on: June 01, 2016, 18:56:01 pm »

That is a statement of fact. I cannot believe the post prior to this. Honestly BedsCobb are your questions genuine or are you just getting off on being the first storm chaser to reach the hurricane?
who assembled that squad and management team?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #17689 on: June 01, 2016, 18:56:31 pm »

The west stand upper is already nearly sold out for every game next season, while the east is all still available. Just goes to show their is demand for premium seating at Sixfields which we clearly don't have enough of!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #17690 on: June 01, 2016, 18:56:58 pm »

Stop harping on  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The CrowMan
Maker of scarecrows.

View Profile
« Reply #17691 on: June 01, 2016, 18:58:58 pm »

The west stand upper is already nearly sold out for every game next season, while the east is all still available. Just goes to show their is demand for premium seating at Sixfields which we clearly don't have enough of!

The East is still available because you get wet if it is raining in Daventry.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17692 on: June 01, 2016, 18:59:13 pm »

Right.

What do you want? And how would you pay for it? And if KT doesn't have this money, what do you suggest? Bearing in mind we live in the real world, even if you don't, and that other offers for the club wern't exactly forthcoming
Report Spam   Logged

Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: June 01, 2016, 19:00:01 pm »

& who stopped paying them, allowing them to walk out on the club if they so wished
Report Spam   Logged

Gibbo

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #17694 on: June 01, 2016, 21:06:54 pm »

I don't know why you bother engaging with him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #17695 on: June 01, 2016, 22:00:22 pm »

I don't know why you bother engaging with him.

Fully agree. Didn't he moan for ages that we should get some seats in the East and then KT did it. Now he's moaning about nothing in particular.
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #17696 on: June 01, 2016, 22:56:57 pm »

Big feckin golden eggs would attract the attention of people with plenty of (magic) beans. We could make giant strides to the championship with more beans!

I think it's fair to say that this is up there as one of the most sensible posts on this thread of late!
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #17697 on: June 02, 2016, 10:40:16 am »

Oh yeah, that's right, he fought off fierce competition from others who where dying to throw money at our Gem of a club /s

in all seriousness, there wasn't exactly a queue of people lining up to take on the club though was there?

The takeover was rushed, and a memorandum of understanding was signed to ensure our survival. KT has stated that there are still legal issues to be resolved regarding the land (who owns what, and what we can and can't do with what we have left). He could have £100M and designs for the best stand in the world, but until the legal issues are resolved, he wont be spending money. Is that so hard to understand?

My guess is that KT has the £3m he said he has to spend, and he may actually want to change the structure of the stand/expand on it/do something with the land directly behind the East. None of which can be done until the legal issues are sorted.

In addition, he/the club is spending money and making changes in ways that Cardoza never did. Seats are now in the east, fans village has been established, phone systems have been replaced, new deal on the club shop with what seems like a reputable supplier, painting of steps in all stands, painting of metalwork around the ground, re-engaging with local business and community whom the previous incumbent royally screwed.

You are deluded BedsCobb, you need to give it a rest. You regularly pluck numbers out of your a*se and simply ignore when people correct you with the right information or more reasonable cost/attendance simulations.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #17698 on: June 02, 2016, 11:53:02 am »

KT has already stated that the structure of the stand will not be altered as the cost to change it would be too great. We have to accept the fact we will have Cardozas s hit cladding riddled design.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #17699 on: June 02, 2016, 12:01:49 pm »

The major difference between old and new regime  is one promised loads but delivered nothing. The new hasn't  put any ideas forward to enhance the club, which is as bad imo.
Also I wouldn't be surprised to see KT get some supporters on side just as DC did to act as a buffer to suppress talk of progress, that's if as I suspect, he hasn't already  Wink
Fans village
Marquee outside for extra hospitality seats
Massive marquee for the luton game for even more hospitality seats
Licence to be able to drink alcohol at half time. Not in place yet but working on it
Holding a hospitality event with companies across the county to re build bridges and seek out sponsorship
New deal for merchandising including a full revamp of the club shop and on line sales
Taking the trophy and Clarence out into the community to meet fans and get more interest around the county (we didnt do this with the playoffs)
Increase in social media activity

Any probably more I cant think of.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 [885] 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: