The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:12:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 [909] 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822402 times)
Carton Lid and 63 Guests are viewing this topic.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18160 on: September 26, 2016, 21:28:04 pm »

Bristol Rovers, Pish, Bolton, Coventry, Charlton, Oxford, Sheffield United could all attract greater than 1500.

Still only 7 and at least 2 of those may fail to attract full away capacity. Also a lot will depend how they are doing!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18161 on: September 26, 2016, 22:26:34 pm »

Bristol Rovers, Pish, Bolton, Coventry, Charlton, Oxford, Sheffield United could all attract greater than 1500.

Missing Bradford?
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18162 on: September 26, 2016, 22:27:58 pm »

We dont have a sugar daddy owner. Any investment needs to be financially viable.

I WANT a massive stadium, full every week. i WANT us to be playing at the highest level. it is unreasonable to EXPECT that at the current time. We are however, making reasonable steps every week to becoming a better supported, more proffessional football club that is engaging the community better than before. I am happy with steady progress because i am a realist. Some on here are not. I have yet to see a single proposal that shows that investment in Seats would be viable. If you have a business plan, please enlighten me...
Your Sir have scored an own goal.. you agree there will be several sell outs per season and it's at these big attractive games all and sundry want to come to, most of these being the new life blood of our club,  the new supporters!
We need to expand our ground even If it means some spare capacity at less popular games in order to attract these future supporters who generally tag along for their first games at the bigger games.

Also several clubs this season will have collectivly several thousand fans unable to attend matches due to our small away section, that's £140,000  lost revenue  every year that you over looked in your need to belittle our club.

Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #18163 on: September 26, 2016, 23:47:41 pm »

I don't think we will actually sell out a league game this season. We could give Sheff Utd, Pish, Bolton, Charlton 1000 seats in the east stand and still have 6000 home seats. Biggest HOME fans attendance so far in league is only 5400ish. However doubling North and South stands making 10,000 would be my preferred option if money were no object. I don't want 6000 fans rattling round in a 15000 stadium.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 23:50:25 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #18164 on: September 27, 2016, 01:01:54 am »

Naturally all supporters would like to see a well thought out staduim expansion. The issue comes with the degree of petulance and impatients about why it hasn't happened on demand. Paying just a small degree of attention to the complex legal issues that come into play here, should be enough to keep expectations managed, but unfortunately it is not. I don't know how many ways you can dress up "you will know something, when there is something to know". But I am acutely aware that is the current mantra. So you and every other keyboard architect, businessman, developer and staduim designer can ponder how we should just forge ahead, but until the legal issues are resolved you are just another armchair expert. It will be sorted when it is sorted. Accepting that does not show any lack of ambition, it merely demonstares an understanding of the facts.

Everybody understands the complex minefield of legalities that have been left behind and need to be negotiated. Speculating over the future of the ground itself is no different to speculating over future players. The diiference is the world of construction is a world that many people have vast experience within, running football clubs and signing players is a somewhat narrower field.

I've not read one comment suggesting anything should be done this minute? Nor have I read criticism of KT as some suggest? It appears to be groundhog day, the same individuals again shouting down any conversation regarding the facilities, the very same individuals who just months ago couldn't see the blinding obvious.

It's some skill you have to developed in evaluating an individual from your PC. The armchair experts you allude to were seemingly smarter than you just a few months ago despite you lurking around club corridors. If you have the time to be a busybody within the club, just tell us whats going on without being such a pedantic know-it-all.
Report Spam   Logged
Lanakings

View Profile
« Reply #18165 on: September 27, 2016, 06:20:52 am »

Missing Bradford?
Yes i am
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18166 on: September 27, 2016, 06:55:06 am »

I don't think we will actually sell out a league game this season. We could give Sheff Utd, Pish, Bolton, Charlton 1000 seats in the east stand and still have 6000 home seats. Biggest HOME fans attendance so far in league is only 5400ish. However doubling North and South stands making 10,000 would be my preferred option if money were no object. I don't want 6000 fans rattling round in a 15000 stadium.
If we can't sell another 1000 seats in what is an exciting season to be following our club, questions need to be ask of our club why our games are not being properly  promoted throughout the county.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #18167 on: September 27, 2016, 07:44:37 am »

Everybody understands the complex minefield of legalities that have been left behind and need to be negotiated. Speculating over the future of the ground itself is no different to speculating over future players. The diiference is the world of construction is a world that many people have vast experience within, running football clubs and signing players is a somewhat narrower field.

I've not read one comment suggesting anything should be done this minute? Nor have I read criticism of KT as some suggest? It appears to be groundhog day, the same individuals again shouting down any conversation regarding the facilities, the very same individuals who just months ago couldn't see the blinding obvious.

It's some skill you have to developed in evaluating an individual from your PC. The armchair experts you allude to were seemingly smarter than you just a few months ago despite you lurking around club corridors. If you have the time to be a busybody within the club, just tell us whats going on without being such a pedantic know-it-all.
That's one of the most accurate post I've ever read on this forum and deserves an answer.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #18168 on: September 27, 2016, 08:07:19 am »

We need a larger capacity to accommodate both the away and potential new home supporters.
We would like better facilities.  (Refreshment, commercial, ablutions, hospitality, training ground etc..)
We would like to be at least league One if not Championship.
We currently have outstanding legal issues which prevents some/all of the above at this time.
If KT doesn't already have, we need extra finance to fund the above.

I think that we can all agree on this?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Matthew Rush

« Reply #18169 on: September 27, 2016, 08:30:12 am »

If we can't sell another 1000 seats in what is an exciting season to be following our club, questions need to be ask of our club why our games are not being properly  promoted throughout the county.

The club are doing more now to promote themselves and upcoming games more than they have ever done in our history.

Or have you declined to remember the Trophy tour, social media campaigns, the numerous player appearances at pretty much every significant business in town and the marketing flyers than are being delivered through peoples doors as we speak?
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #18170 on: September 27, 2016, 08:43:40 am »

This is silly. Have you ever seen them promote the games more than ever lately? They're all over it. More than what can be said for the previous regime.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaztop1

« Reply #18171 on: September 27, 2016, 08:52:55 am »

Loved the cart before the horse pic, pointless just like all the other crap you sprout neverbrite.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #18172 on: September 27, 2016, 09:12:59 am »

Your Sir have scored an own goal.. you agree there will be several sell outs per season and it's at these big attractive games all and sundry want to come to, most of these being the new life blood of our club,  the new supporters!
We need to expand our ground even If it means some spare capacity at less popular games in order to attract these future supporters who generally tag along for their first games at the bigger games.

Also several clubs this season will have collectivly several thousand fans unable to attend matches due to our small away section, that's £140,000  lost revenue  every year that you over looked in your need to belittle our club.

Here we go again, you cant build a ground that is the size of your biggest ever possible attendance and have it sit empty 99% of games, unless you have a rich owner who does not want a return on the investment.

140K lost revenue is all well and good but where is the money going to come from? if it costs £1M to do it the payback period is 7 years. The business world tends to work on much shorter return thresholds than that.

Add to that the fact that we can just give away fans more of the east, because we cant sell our own tickets despite the increasing efforts from the club, and again it seems pointless to expand.

Plus add to that, the fact that the East still sits as a half finashed shell, can you at least concede that the east has to tke priority, before we start ripping the rest of the stadium apart?

If potential fans can't get on board with a team that was unbeaten for 31 league games and ran away with the title last year, playing the best football in a generation, then i dont see what else you can expect the club to do. Its gonna be a long slow uptake in support, if at all. We need to accept that.

Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #18173 on: September 27, 2016, 09:15:34 am »

That's one of the most accurate post I've ever read on this forum and deserves an answer.

quote exiledinspace: i have not seen anyone demand that we need expansion now
quote manwork: That's one of the most accurate post I've ever read

Quote manwork one page previous: We need a bigger away end NOW, and corporate boxes.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #18174 on: September 27, 2016, 10:02:53 am »

Loved the cart before the horse pic, pointless just like all the other crap you sprout neverbrite.

Sorry but your comment was not very clever unless of course you have millions to invest(and may never see again) - whats with the sprouts!
Report Spam   Logged

Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18175 on: September 27, 2016, 10:16:36 am »

Yes i am

Aim more accurately then.
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #18176 on: September 27, 2016, 10:22:28 am »

quote exiledinspace: i have not seen anyone demand that we need expansion now
quote manwork: That's one of the most accurate post I've ever read

Quote manwork one page previous: We need a bigger away end NOW, and corporate boxes.

Roll Eyes

Pretty sure Exile that there has been a few other calls for a bigger ground now or PDQ other than Man04 - I think Gaztop can be added to the list.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:24:20 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Ormen

51.879250 -9.5834510

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18177 on: September 27, 2016, 10:23:46 am »

whats with the sprouts!

Sprouts Mexicain?
Report Spam   Logged

25  36 19  17  24  20

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18178 on: September 27, 2016, 18:49:53 pm »

but...they are, you simple tw@t. if people aren't going it's nothing at all to do with the club. Stick with Luton, you've no idea what's going on up here.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18179 on: September 27, 2016, 19:56:00 pm »

but...they are, you simple tw@t. if people aren't going it's nothing at all to do with the club. Stick with Luton, you've no idea what's going on up here.
I know exactly what's going on.. and it's not much as per usual.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 [909] 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: