The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:06:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 [929] 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819748 times)
BedsCobb and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #18560 on: March 22, 2017, 15:39:30 pm »

Having looked at a photo of the current structure I think I am with you!
Nine boxes on each of the two floor above the general seating which will indeed look better than if there were only two lots of five. Having said that it still leaves a large lump of two units on each side that cannot be used for seating and will probably end up being cladded.
Every penny spent is on something which effectively reduces the developed capacity of Sixfields to around 10,000 whereas the simple bolt on as originally envisaged and talked about by The Marquis would have increased it to around 12000.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #18561 on: March 22, 2017, 17:16:22 pm »

The image I have seen going back years is boxes directly below the balcony above the middle section of seats and all the rest cladded. It's gonna be a grim reminder of Cardoza's tenure.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #18562 on: March 22, 2017, 17:23:19 pm »

Re-name it The Cardoza stand?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #18563 on: March 22, 2017, 18:35:22 pm »

Evil

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18564 on: March 22, 2017, 20:41:27 pm »

The Buckingham construction stand... if they dont improve it for free😷
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #18565 on: March 25, 2017, 02:58:13 am »

"If you build a new stadium that is fit for purpose as far as sustainability is concerned, and you make it of a size capable of hosting Premier League football, and you have the right investment into the club and into the project, then the two in parallel can actually take you to the heady heights of the Premier League and beyond.

"I'm not saying that if you build a stadium that guarantees you Premier League status, of course, but what I am saying is that if you don't build a stadium, you really can't sustain top Championship or Premier League football in a stadium such as we have now."

Paul Scally.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18566 on: March 25, 2017, 08:00:10 am »

You got any quotes from somebody that's actually done it and succeeded?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #18567 on: March 25, 2017, 11:41:58 am »

Or just the toilets. Then we can p1ss, sh1t in it in his honour every game.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18568 on: March 29, 2017, 08:01:04 am »

Meanwhile, elsewhere.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/football/shakers/15176140.New_Bury_FC_stadium_to_be_built_within_3_years/

Sounds somewhat familiar.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #18569 on: March 29, 2017, 21:37:18 pm »

I'm going to build a new stadium within 3 years but first I'm going to spend money on the current one. Right.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #18570 on: March 29, 2017, 21:39:01 pm »

I hope they build the new one much smaller, they don't need the capacity they have.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #18571 on: March 29, 2017, 21:51:18 pm »

I hope they build the new one much smaller, they don't need the capacity they have.
I was just thinking that.
Is that replica of the FA cup still just inside their social club?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18572 on: March 30, 2017, 09:01:39 am »

you and beds ought to have a chat

Ps they've been in the 2nd division/championship a lot more recently than we have
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #18573 on: March 30, 2017, 12:02:18 pm »

I'm fine just reading Beds posts, no desire to listen to the vitriol in person.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18574 on: March 30, 2017, 14:26:41 pm »

I'm fine just reading Beds posts, no desire to listen to the vitriol in person.

oh the constant Belittling of the club they claim to support😂
Bury football club is running at 90% of its full capabilities us a mere 45% due to incredibly poor infrastructure, this brought to you courtesy of my always accurate opinion. 😎
What's very noticeable is a vast amount of our supporters inability to question anything in regards to to our clubs urgent requirements in fear of upsetting the consortium 😅
Lets all just sit wait and see what happens 😂😂😂...

I fully believe we will get the corperate boxes and restaurant,  bars,  kiosks etc in the east.. but if we avoid pissing money at squeezing in seats, £3.5m is my guess, but use half  those funds for building up a bank of 3000 terracing behind the south we would start to prosper...

Whats everyones opinions of this, do you think it would greatly benefit our great club and would you be happy with it?
(Awaits breaking of rank😉)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 15:14:13 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #18575 on: March 30, 2017, 15:17:26 pm »

oh the constant Belittling of the club they claim to support😂
Bury football club is running at 90% of its full capabilities us a mere 45% due to incredibly poor infrastructure, this brought to you courtesy of my always accurate opinion. 😎
What's very noticeable is a vast amount of our supporters inability to question anything in regards to to our clubs urgent requirements in fear of upsetting the consortium 😅
Lets all just sit wait and see what happens 😂😂😂...

I fully believe we will get the corperate boxes and restaurant,  bars,  kiosks etc in the east.. but if we avoid pissing money at squeezing in seats, £3.5m is my guess, but use half  those funds for building up a bank of 3000 terracing behind the south we would start  prosper...

Whats everyones opinions of this, do you think it would greatly benefit our great club and would you be happy with it?
(Awaits breaking of rank😉)

A person's beliefs, behaviour and attitude can usually be traced to their childhood
'Squeezing in seats' 'corporate boxes' 'banks of terracing' 'poor infrastucture'

Go on South Beds, admit it...you were forced to watch footie at Kenilworth Road as a kid!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 15:19:51 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #18576 on: March 30, 2017, 15:45:33 pm »

In order to give my true opinion I would need to know what our urgent requirements are.
Can you please state them clearly with real examples with facts and figures of where we have been negatively impacted in the past.
Thank you
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #18577 on: March 30, 2017, 16:06:12 pm »

In order to give my true opinion I would need to know what our urgent requirements are.
Can you please state them clearly with real examples with facts and figures of where we have been negatively impacted in the past.
Thank you
Leon Lobjoit, obviously!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18578 on: March 30, 2017, 19:07:33 pm »

Thank you
Lets just deal with what we know ..for over 50 years Northampton Town have spent its entirety in the lower leagues, most near the bottom of the very bottom sometimes threatening to fall out of the league altogether..
No other one club town/city  with over 100,000 population   have failed to step up to the 2nd tier at least once in the last 40 years we being the notable exception despite having a huge catchment area this could be just bad luck perhaps? Not a chance, completly self inflicted.

This could be down to a few obvious  reasons such as:

Sixfields looking dated and non league,
 leading to not being able to properly promote the club to its town and county.
Issues include lacking capacity, poor supporters facilities, no decent club house with large welcoming  bars etc and it being an atmospheric void due to tiny stands and open corners.
 Collectively  leading to poor gate revenues thus being unable to sign or retain better players which causes even more apathy when old journey men or rejects take their places.

It could be the will of our fans to remain a struggling non competive club just making up the numbers in league 2 ..
Because its always been crap.. and we fans can say my father and his father before watched a struggling Cobblers side so its just the way it is.. Thats probably a big reason into our lack of progress.

Maybe its the lack of real investment just living in hope for a promise of a trickle down dependent on any huge profits gained from the clubs land or vast directors loans to give us a push start?
(Its this that doesn't sit easy with me, just some clarification and we could all sit easy..perhaps.)

A very docile agreeable football trust who haven't asked for or put any members ideas forward to any past and present  consortium, possibly  because they're all best friends on face book😂
Its not wrong to be objectionable or forward ideas if you believe we're being sold something we dont need or want?
Whatever it is we need help from a strong trust if we are ever to move forward and progress.
I haven't asked for your opinion unicobb because I know  you fall into our classic trust filled supporter bracket, who are happy to sit quietly and wait and see...like last time..and where did that get us.
Maybe we'll get lucky this time around and get what we need, which is a bit more than a over polished vastly expensive East stand only.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18579 on: March 30, 2017, 19:17:38 pm »

A person's beliefs, behaviour and attitude can usually be traced to their childhood
'Squeezing in seats' 'corporate boxes' 'banks of terracing' 'poor infrastucture'

Go on South Beds, admit it...you were forced to watch footie at Kenilworth Road as a kid!  Cheesy
Hotel end man and boy with the odd excursion onto the Spion Kop but thats a different story 😉
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 [929] 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: