The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:50:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 [936] 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1844130 times)
Poggy and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #18700 on: April 20, 2017, 15:46:50 pm »

A more competitive side playing in a fit and proper stadium would do better in all cup competitions attracting more supporters to better ties.

A competitive side playing big local games and bigger league 1 clubs in an 10,000 capacity  atmospheric stadium would easily add 30% to this seasons attendances against the same opponents.

Yes more home fans will turn in to watch ntfc if we have a decent stadium fit for purpose that adds to the big match feel and atmosphere... Thats stating the bleeding obvious
Like one or 2 others you believe a sold out ground is essential, its not, we just need to make the match day experience more professional and atmospheric, we need to cater for as many fans who wish to attend as to not lose money at the gate and most importantly grow our supporters base with a ground that makes new fans want to return.. basically Sixfields is a turn off and is killing the club from reaching its true potential.

As Northampton Town supporters this is all you need to know.. 15 years subjected to no growth has worn thin.. As secret affair once sang, This is the time, the time for action

"Yes more home fans will turn in to watch ntfc if we have a decent stadium fit for purpose..." You mean just like MK Wrongs who regularly get attendances of 20,000+ empty seats!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 15:49:16 pm by OldStratfordCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18701 on: April 20, 2017, 17:09:35 pm »

"Yes more home fans will turn in to watch ntfc if we have a decent stadium fit for purpose..." You mean just like MK Wrongs who regularly get attendances of 20,000+ empty seats!!!!!
You're going down the old smoke screen to hide the cold hard facts road again, we dont need a massive ground agreed..just desperately need one thats fit for purpose thats ideally 12,000 or even just 10, 000 to help us establish ourselves in league one to stop having to turn revenue away and being more attractive to s new fan base.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 17:23:05 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18702 on: April 20, 2017, 17:20:35 pm »

15 years of no growth and yet we will be having our second highest average attendance at sixfields. Not bad seeing as we have such a crap, soulless ground that it's a miracle anyone ever attends.

The fans have been there this season based on the entertainment / winning team from last year. It is this that makes the biggest difference at our level of football. Banging a concrete block of terracing on the away stand may increase the away fans numbers in a handful of games it would not add thousands to the home fans.

It must be really nice to be able to view things in black and white must make your life / you much more simple.
Can you explain why you think and who gave you the belief  that NTFC is at its absolute maximum potential and nothing can increase it popularity with the counties 700,000 inhabitants ..
So much so you believe its all down hill from now and to suggest building a squad to grace an expanded ground would be a complete waste of money because we're exactly like Darlington😂😂
 why do you think this way?
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #18703 on: April 20, 2017, 17:44:50 pm »

How many fans have been unable to get a ticket from Sixfields in total this season in the league (home and away fans)?

If I had to guess a maximum I'd say 2000 home and 10000 away fans?

Not a huge amount, but still about £150k of extra income on tickets only.
Report Spam   Logged
double row row 7

View Profile
« Reply #18704 on: April 20, 2017, 18:03:37 pm »

It seems to me the saints ground,would be the ideal size for cobblers,and with the saints constantly trooping off to studium mk for more capacity,pity we could not swap sites,then they would have more room to develop a bigger stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #18705 on: April 20, 2017, 18:16:51 pm »

How many fans have been unable to get a ticket from Sixfields in total this season in the league (home and away fans)?

If I had to guess a maximum I'd say 2000 home and 10000 away fans?

Not a huge amount, but still about £150k of extra income on tickets only.

tough one to gauge. Sheffield United are taking over 7,400 to MK on Saturday......so we "potentially" lost out on 6000 there. Manchester United had close on 6000 applications for tickets yet we restricted them to 944 in the South Stand so potentially another 5000 there.
Of the other teams, Oxford struggled to sell their allocation, as did MK. Posh, Cov and Charlton could have sold another 1000 between them perhaps?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #18706 on: April 20, 2017, 19:17:40 pm »

It seems to me the saints ground,would be the ideal size for cobblers,and with the saints constantly trooping off to studium mk for more capacity,pity we could not swap sites,then they would have more room to develop a bigger stadium.
Genius
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: April 20, 2017, 19:29:58 pm »

You're going down the old smoke screen to hide the cold hard facts road again, we dont need a massive ground agreed..just desperately need one thats fit for purpose thats ideally 12,000 or even just 10, 000 to help us establish ourselves in league one to stop having to turn revenue away and being more attractive to s new fan base.

No smoke screen and I've never said I don't want development, I do In A sound financial manner which unfortunately means finishing the heap of crap east stand KT inherited before we start crying that we arent doing anything else.
Your views are just too simplistic and you can't seem to grasp that above all it is on the pitch that dictates a huge percentage of fans attendance. Using MK as an example how many more home fans do you think they will have at the weekend based on the fact there will be thousands of away fans?
For the record I want the east stand finished then I'd love to see safe standing added above the south and north stands which would hopefully see the capacity up to about 12k which would make us a competitive league one team. If we were then regularly selling out it would be good to see the east linked to the north and south.
What I won't be doing is demanding KT ignores the east stand as this has to be the priority, this will give us an income stream we don't currently have with regards to the boxes.

If it was as straight forward as you seem to think it is why are the developed grounds all over the country full?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: April 20, 2017, 20:08:30 pm »

No smoke screen and I've never said I don't want development, I do In A sound financial manner which unfortunately means finishing the heap of crap east stand KT inherited before we start crying that we arent doing anything else.
Your views are just too simplistic and you can't seem to grasp that above all it is on the pitch that dictates a huge percentage of fans attendance. Using MK as an example how many more home fans do you think they will have at the weekend based on the fact there will be thousands of away fans?
For the record I want the east stand finished then I'd love to see safe standing added above the south and north stands which would hopefully see the capacity up to about 12k which would make us a competitive league one team. If we were then regularly selling out it would be good to see the east linked to the north and south.
What I won't be doing is demanding KT ignores the east stand as this has to be the priority, this will give us an income stream we don't currently have with regards to the boxes.

If it was as straight forward as you seem to think it is why are the developed grounds all over the country full?
You've done it again😂 Whats best 9000 in a 10,000 capacity Stadium or 7500 shoe horned into a tiny Stadium?
Whats your problem with spare capacity?
Nobody has the foggiest what the (much needed) finished east stand entails, and most importantly what it will cost..
 If it were to be an astronomical £3.5m that saddles the club with massive debts it would be a whole lot better to use half that sum and just deliver the bare basics, painted block work in bars and restaurants and 10 comfortable boxes.. those using it are currently hanging out in a tent😂.
Moneys saved could then go into building up behind the South, which would pay for itself very quickly.
You say my ideas are very Simplistic..thats because the solutions are just that easy to solve..

Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: April 20, 2017, 20:19:39 pm »

Again you are saying "if" because you don't know. Which is why the east should be finished, I've never said anything about the cost of finishing it but you keep missing the fact that despite you going on about match day experience all the time you want us to steam ahead with another development before one is finished.
As for shoe horning, again you talk about match day experience so a higher percentage of filled capacity is better than thousands of empty seats.

I want us to grow in a sustainable manner and without millions of pounds of investment we have to do it step by step.

So I'll repeat if when the east stand is finished there is no appetite from KT to develop further I will join in with your criticism but until that time he has my trust that he will be trying to make the most out of the east at the best price.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: April 20, 2017, 21:24:40 pm »

Again you are saying "if" because you don't know. Which is why the east should be finished, I've never said anything about the cost of finishing it but you keep missing the fact that despite you going on about match day experience all the time you want us to steam ahead with another development before one is finished.
As for shoe horning, again you talk about match day experience so a higher percentage of filled capacity is better than thousands of empty seats.

I want us to grow in a sustainable manner and without millions of pounds of investment we have to do it step by step.

So I'll repeat if when the east stand is finished there is no appetite from KT to develop further I will join in with your criticism but until that time he has my trust that he will be trying to make the most out of the east at the best price.

Firstly no one is being criticised as there's nothing happening to criticise.. just for argument sake, we find out Kelvin hasn't really got the interest to see the job through beyond getting the enabling land and over seeing a little work finishing off the east or the money men have little interest in the club other than than building hotels on land generously handed over by the council..Where does that leave us in 5 years time when possibly  back in league 2, we get put up for sale for several million but with little or any value increase on what we have now?
Would it be better to let the consortium have the enabling lands to do as they wish in order to put the club up for sale on an open market as an attractive debt free club ripe for development?
Hopefully the consortium will have a plan to properly grow the club and most importantly its fan base after the last wasted 15 years.
It would be nice to have an indication of whats in store for us instead of second guessing everything 😂

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #18711 on: April 20, 2017, 21:32:42 pm »

tough one to gauge. Sheffield United are taking over 7,400 to MK on Saturday......so we "potentially" lost out on 6000 there. Manchester United had close on 6000 applications for tickets yet we restricted them to 944 in the South Stand so potentially another 5000 there.
Of the other teams, Oxford struggled to sell their allocation, as did MK. Posh, Cov and Charlton could have sold another 1000 between them perhaps?

With all due respect that absolutely belies the point for extra seats on an economic level.

Putting in an extra 6000 seats at even the most optimistic cost has got to cost 7 million +. Even bundling that in with a few other teams who might bring marginally over our current capacity it would take about 20 years to break even based on demand over the last few years.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: April 20, 2017, 21:36:22 pm »

Ok I'm done. This "conversation" is worse than watching a Rob Page team.
 I'll leave you to it beds.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: April 20, 2017, 22:36:55 pm »

With all due respect that absolutely belies the point for extra seats on an economic level.

Putting in an extra 6000 seats at even the most optimistic cost has got to cost 7 million +. Even bundling that in with a few other teams who might bring marginally over our current capacity it would take about 20 years to break even based on demand over the last few years.
That is why any suggestions as to expand the ground must be sustainable and leave us able to repay any loans and maximise benefits from sixfields council land enabling in order to avoid saddling the club with unnecessary debts.
In the absence of  hooking rich benefactors on an open market we need a bog standard bank of terracing that will allow the club to move forward.
We are a football club first and foremost not hoteliers  (hotelierenders😂)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 22:38:40 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #18714 on: April 21, 2017, 06:26:28 am »

Ok I'm done. This "conversation" is worse than watching a Rob Page team.
 I'll leave you to it beds.

I think that's a wise decision. The last dozen or so pages on this thread have just been cyclical twaddle involving Beds spouting some nonsense, others getting wound up and putting him right, Beds restating his original point using slightly different words, someone else taking exception.... ad infinitum.

You can't debate with some people; just smile and nod and let them think they are right - they will anyway so you're just wasting your time trying!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18715 on: April 21, 2017, 07:20:59 am »

Yo beds, hows the car collection business going?

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: April 21, 2017, 08:35:58 am »

The costings of putting a second tier on the South, finishing the East and having safe standing in the North aren't beyond the realms of possibility. I'd be interested to look at the crowd funding aspect and some of the progressive funding initiatives used to improve infrastructure like at Hearts and elsewhere.

Any significant investor would knock the current structures down and rebuild let's face it.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #18717 on: April 21, 2017, 09:03:52 am »

We couldn't even raise enough to pay a tax bill so what do you reckon the chances are of paying for a new stand?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: April 21, 2017, 09:21:32 am »

Unfortunately, KT has made it clear that we have to work with what we have (i.e Cardoza's Folly) and it follows that the final result will be rather less than ideal.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #18719 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:11 am »

We couldn't even raise enough to pay a tax bill so what do you reckon the chances are of paying for a new stand?

Wouldn't even pay be enough for a Meccano Stand?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 [936] 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: