The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:45:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 [965] 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819360 times)
Carton Lid, tcobb and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.
Alan Partridge

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #19280 on: June 17, 2017, 13:07:11 pm »

there!
Report Spam   Logged

Free to enter daily Postcode Lottery:

http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=241429
Alan Partridge

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #19281 on: June 17, 2017, 13:07:23 pm »

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Free to enter daily Postcode Lottery:

http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=241429
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19282 on: June 17, 2017, 13:28:42 pm »

Wink
Grin
Very good both of you Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #19283 on: June 17, 2017, 15:10:16 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #19284 on: June 17, 2017, 17:00:55 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: June 17, 2017, 17:03:04 pm »

the old thing that was 2 stands cobbled together.
It now houses offices and changing rooms.
Pretty basic but looks fine.
Theres one of those virtual journeys through it on you tube.
I wonder if any of the bushey boys sit in this stand😣

If it's the Sir Elton John stand. That was 5 million + not 3 million as you state. If it's not that one I apologise.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19286 on: June 17, 2017, 17:43:34 pm »

If it's the Sir Elton John stand. That was 5 million + not 3 million as you state. If it's not that one I apologise.
it is indeed the same.
It was built as a £4m but it was expanded before completing when some fans from near by Bushey came into a whole lot of easy money.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: June 17, 2017, 21:08:14 pm »

it is indeed the same.
It was built as a £4m but it was expanded before completing when some fans from near by Bushey came into a whole lot of easy money.

http://www.wfc.net/stadium.htm

I don't want to tie you in knots mate. But you said it was just over 3 million didn't you?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19288 on: June 17, 2017, 23:55:43 pm »

http://www.wfc.net/stadium.htm

I don't want to tie you in knots mate. But you said it was just over 3 million didn't you?
Its a whole lot of stand for  £4m (4000 capacity and changing rooms/offices) that was extended again during build to accomodate 5000.
Based on that we could  complete the East for £1m.
Just dont want  the club burdened with vast debts for jack s*** basic fit out.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #19289 on: June 18, 2017, 09:30:00 am »

Its a whole lot of stand for  £4m (4000 capacity and changing rooms/offices) that was extended again during build to accomodate 5000.
Just dont want  the club burdened with vast debts for jack **** basic fit out.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19290 on: June 18, 2017, 09:48:10 am »

Just dont want  the club burdened with vast debts for jack **** basic fit out.

You quoted it originally under the banner that your figures can't be challenged as costing just over 3 million. Yet it cost initially 5.2 million with a furthe 1.8 million spent on the corners and additional interior work.

So that stand that you have based a substantial part of your argument around, cost nearer the 7 million mark. A "mere" 4 million over the figure you was using to bolster your argument. And more importantly it wasn't subject to ongoing legal action.

The truth is, there is no comparison that you or any other person can draw when it comes to our very tricky and unique set of circumstances.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #19291 on: June 18, 2017, 10:21:15 am »

Can any of the self pontificating 'experts' who tell us they are in the know, tell the ultra patient fans when exactly progress will be announced and also work started on the expansion.

I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH!!!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19292 on: June 18, 2017, 12:18:29 pm »

You quoted it originally under the banner that your figures can't be challenged as costing just over 3 million. Yet it cost initially 5.2 million with a furthe 1.8 million spent on the corners and additional interior work.

So that stand that you have based a substantial part of your argument around, cost nearer the 7 million mark. A "mere" 4 million over the figure you was using to bolster your argument. And more importantly it wasn't subject to ongoing legal action.

The truth is, there is no comparison that you or any other person can draw when it comes to our very tricky and unique set of circumstances.
Those corners are a different phase to take up the capacity to 30,000.

For £3.5m (speculation and guess work based on previous disclosed costings) I expect a damned sight more than 10 boxes a couple of bogs and a function room.

Who was in the 5500 crowd (1000 strong Cobblers following) when big Jim Hall scored the winner, 1976 at the decrepit  Vicarage rd?
Another club showing what happens if you steadily  build up your clubs stadium and grow the supporters  base .
Maybe one day the penny drops for us?

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19293 on: June 18, 2017, 12:30:19 pm »

Can any of the self pontificating 'experts' who tell us they are in the know, tell the ultra patient fans when exactly progress will be announced and also work started on the expansion.

I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH!!!
I believe they may have pre guessed the secretive plans and highlighted their limited benefits and serious pitfalls to our club which has probably led led to a major rethink?

It would be nice for something revolutionary to be announced shortly  that really opens up all avenues to building up our club and supporters base not just the 'finishing the East stand' mantra that speaks volumes as to whats coming.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #19294 on: June 18, 2017, 15:53:05 pm »

' having the East in hand' but no one actually knows what this means or entails? Two years and they haven't offered up their proposed plans costs, its pros and cons.. nothing can be classed as private/secret that can be stolen, copied or containing intellectual properties that need paying for..Nothing.

or do you mean they just haven't told you? I'm fairly certain they'll have looked into how much it will cost.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest2487

« Reply #19295 on: June 19, 2017, 11:24:56 am »

It would be quite nice to have some form of update...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #19296 on: June 19, 2017, 13:35:51 pm »

It would be quite nice to have some form of update...
It will be completed by the end of this upcoming season
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #19297 on: June 19, 2017, 13:37:15 pm »

It will be completed by the end of this upcoming season

Cheers Owl.

I presume you mean the update and not the work Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #19298 on: June 19, 2017, 14:04:40 pm »

Cheers Owl.

I presume you mean the update and not the work Wink
I think we will get an update in about three weeks. I come to this conclusion as it was about three weeks ago that we were told we would be updated in six weeks. However, I'm pretty certain the updated update will keep you updated.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #19299 on: June 19, 2017, 14:06:46 pm »

I think we will get an update in about three weeks. I come to this conclusion as it was about three weeks ago that we were told we would be updated in six weeks. However, I'm pretty certain the updated update will keep you updated.

You can only really hope an update keeps you updated, otherwise is it even an update.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 [965] 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: