The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 12:55:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 [983] 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1846252 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19640 on: August 04, 2017, 13:41:55 pm »

Please tell me how much it would cost to increase the away stand by 1,000 seats then, and how long it would take to recoup the money.
Go for the cheapest most cost efficient way and build up behind the south stand a bank of terracing that holds 3000 and looks the part and that includes leaving the 960 seats exactly where they are.
Now to financing this development  what you do is sell long term  3 year season tickets to any areas of the ground and 3 year debentures for a place standing on the actual terracing.
For those who invest theres a great benefit of great value frozen season tickets, if 1200 took up the offer that would pay for the stand.
The future shortfall in ST sales would easily be made back up by our new supporters attracted to the stadium and alas those currently locked out visitors from other clubs would be no longer locked out helping the coffers of upto £300,000 extra per season.
Maybe Kelvin got it spectacularly wrong and we are are infact not as tin pot as he made us out to be the other evening?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #19641 on: August 04, 2017, 13:50:45 pm »

Go for the cheapest most cost efficient way and build up behind the south stand a bank of terracing that holds 3000 and looks the part and that includes leaving the 960 seats exactly where they are.
Now to financing this development  what you do is sell long term  3 year season tickets to any areas of the ground and 3 year debentures for a place standing on the actual terracing.
For those who invest theres a great benefit of great value frozen season tickets, if 1200 took up the offer that would pay for the stand.
The future shortfall in ST sales would easily be made back up by our new supporters attracted to the stadium and alas those currently locked out visitors from other clubs would be no longer locked out helping the coffers of upto £300,000 extra per season.
Maybe Kelvin got it spectacularly wrong and we are are infact not as tin pot as he made us out to be the other evening?

This is like Groundhog Day. We've gone back a dozen or so pages and we're about to have a discussion about cash flow again...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: August 04, 2017, 13:52:41 pm »

And how long does it take to recoup the money from the larger stand and what about the additional maintenance costs etc involved in a larger capacity stand. We all would like a bigger better stadium beds, but sometimes it is a case of gettng the timing right. I would think if we are doing well and look like pushing on to the championship then KT will look to develop the ends, but at the minute the money is better invested in the team in my opinion. You can make some good points about redevelopment but this continual banging on about the same think with you just throwing figures at it that have no foundation it just alienates people from your cause.
Firstly its not my 'cause' but that of Northampton Town fc and its ability to be the best it can, with what it has available, which is completely  lost on Kelvin if he really meant what he said in regards to our in ability to grow as a club and should stay in a 6400 capacity stadium.
For who's benefit Kelvin ours or yours perhaps??

Also are you putting words in KTs mouth? He seem very far from doing anything you suggest he will😉
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19643 on: August 04, 2017, 14:02:03 pm »

Most if not all of yr is post above is sheer conjecture! To be frank it is utter rubbish! For much of the season our away end failed to sell out as proved by the averages detailed in an earlier post. Even Charlton failed to sell out by 87 seats. You base your facts on pie in the sky and then say our ground is tinpot etc  or "...............No because if you spend good money you want to be in a decent professional looking stadium" . That's just plain daft ; are you claiming to speak for the majority of fans? I dont think so. We actually compare quite favourably with similar size clubs and even Clubs like Pompey and Luton have seating arrangements with a lot to be desired; the toilets at both clubs are terrible.
Not quite sure how a plasterer can be an all in one financial wizard and architect/planner.
How do you quote for plastering services do you reveal the formula to your customers; by the sq metre?

pointing out extremes to put your point across is very popular, I wonder who started that traight ? Oh yes now I remember 😂😂😂 ..so let me say this its not a crime to be unable to 'sell out' its in fact good to have some 'spare capacity ' for which to grow into or cash raiser when the posh come to town 😂

On those several occasions the away end is found wanting is harmful to the clubs coffers.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #19644 on: August 04, 2017, 14:07:17 pm »

Beds, I wasn't trying to put words in his mouth and maybe he won't look at developing the ground if we did make the championship, but I think he needs to be given a run of time to produce the development. We gave the last muppet way to long before questions were asked, that doesn't mean we have to be questioning everything about KT when he has only been in charge 5 minutes. we none of us know to what extent the legalities are with the East stand, we are only guessing. What I am trying to say is in my opinion the future development goes hand in hand with the advancement of the team on the pitch, get on the pitch right first then lets push for the development.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19645 on: August 04, 2017, 14:31:21 pm »

Has someone got a bet on that this topic will reach 1000 pages? I can think of no other reason that the same comments are being repeated over and over again.
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #19646 on: August 04, 2017, 14:46:52 pm »

Watching the Open Forum i note KT referenced the land surrounding the ground on a couple of occasions.

It would be possible to increase the stadium particularly the north and south stands as part of enabling works for retail / commercial developments. I would imagine the club would have to take out a loan to fund any development but with 10-20 year leases signed by occupiers the works would pretty much fund themselves.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #19647 on: August 04, 2017, 15:43:13 pm »

Watching the Open Forum i note KT referenced the land surrounding the ground on a couple of occasions.

It would be possible to increase the stadium particularly the north and south stands as part of enabling works for retail / commercial developments. I would imagine the club would have to take out a loan to fund any development but with 10-20 year leases signed by occupiers the works would pretty much fund themselves.
I dont think anyone has thought of that before!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: August 04, 2017, 15:45:17 pm »

It's not exactly scientific, is it? This is why you've lost all creditability on here - you guess at numbers left, right and centre and present them as fact. If you are going to base multimillion pound decisions on suppositions (which thankfully for all of us you're not) you need a realistic set of numbers to work with. You know, like speaking to each club that sold out their allocation last season (all 3 or 4 of them off the top of my head) and asking for an estimate of what demand was like after they sold out (was there a waiting list in operation? How many were on it? ). Then look ahead and see what the average and maximum away attendances were like for the clubs that we'll be playing this year. Somewhere in the middle there you'll get a realistic number. You just go "Well, Peterborough have sold out and could have sold... [sticks hand up arsè and plucks out number]...an extra 1500 tickets. There are other big teams so, oh, what... [delves about again]... 7000. Or more. Hang on, I think there's an extra 5000 eager punters stuck up by the top of my colon..."
The only true yard stick would be to compare the total away supporters welcomed by MK and subtract by those that visited Sixfields.
But you wont will you as you might find the truth a little uncomfortable sticking  out your sphincter. 

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 15:48:54 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #19649 on: August 04, 2017, 16:43:24 pm »

Maybe this thread should be closed down? Come on mods...
closed for what reason? An opinion you don't agree with?
What's he got to do to be banned?
break the rules of the forum. "Being a bellend" isn't enough. Besides, the longer he keeps on paying, the more people think he's an absolute moron
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #19650 on: August 04, 2017, 16:44:52 pm »

The only true yard stick would be to compare the total away supporters welcomed by MK and subtract by those that visited Sixfields.
But you wont will you as you might find the truth a little uncomfortable sticking  out your sphincter. 

why are you unhappy at a"tinpot stadium" but over hired at the thought of more away than home?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #19651 on: August 04, 2017, 16:55:08 pm »

closed for what reason? An opinion you don't agree with? break the rules of the forum. "Being a bellend" isn't enough. Besides, the longer he keeps on paying, the more people think he's an absolute moron
Closed because it's like a broken record.
Beds posts about 90% of all his posts on this thread. I actually feel a bit sorry for him and hope tomorrow he can forget all his/out/Cobblers' problems enjoy a few beers and watch the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: August 04, 2017, 17:08:56 pm »

Um, no, it would only be relevant as a comparison if you only looked at how many more the teams that sold out at Sixfields took to MK, not the total away support. If there was space at Sixfields that they didn't fill, there's nothing to suggest they'd fill a bigger away end.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: August 04, 2017, 21:10:18 pm »

why are you unhappy at a"tinpot stadium" but over hired at the thought of more away than home?
I would like to see as many fans getting in and even more encouraged to start visiting as posible. 
Kelvins the only Chairman Ive ever known making the case to keep out paying customers.. and it was an uncomfortable watch.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #19654 on: August 04, 2017, 21:14:16 pm »

Um, no, it would only be relevant as a comparison if you only looked at how many more the teams that sold out at Sixfields took to MK, not the total away support. If there was space at Sixfields that they didn't fill, there's nothing to suggest they'd fill a bigger away end.
So you're saying Sixfields is not only a little 5hit hole but unattractive one for visitor? We're closer in our thinking than that of Kelvin.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19655 on: August 04, 2017, 21:30:22 pm »

So you're saying Sixfields is not only a little 5hit hole but unattractive one for visitor? We're closer in our thinking than that of Kelvin.

Good luck on interpreting that one BoN.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #19656 on: August 04, 2017, 21:40:07 pm »

Good luck on interpreting that one BoN.

Read it, scratched my head, decided not to bother.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #19657 on: August 04, 2017, 22:08:35 pm »

If I was you, Beds, I wouldnt even contemplate going on Dragons Den with a business proposal.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest48

« Reply #19658 on: August 04, 2017, 22:35:43 pm »

So you're saying Sixfields is not only a little 5hit hole but unattractive one for visitor?
I've been thinking about your comments about Sixfields for visitors. At Sixfields the away fans have a roof, reasonable leg room and somewhere to get a beer. lets look at the rest of League 1
The following are not as good as Sixfields for away fans
Fleetwood (Some standing in the open), Posh (No leg room and really old facilities),Pompey (Same as Posh + supporting pillars), Southend (Same as Pompey), Bristol Rovers (No roof for standing or sitting in a tent), AFC Wimbledon (You can only see part of the pitch), Gillingham (Sitting outside), Sc***horpe (Supporting pillars), Bury (No leg room + seats lower than the pitch), Oldham ( Supporting pillars) and Walsall (Supporting pillars). That's a total of 11 clubs
Same as Sixfields
Shrewsbury, Charlton (Despite the supporting pillar), Doncaster, Rochdale, Blackpool, Oxford and Plymouth, a total of 7 clubs
Better than Sixfields
Wigan, Bradford, MK, Rotherham and Blackburn, a total of only 5 clubs

I would say that shows Sixfields is not as bad as you say

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #19659 on: August 04, 2017, 22:42:08 pm »

As per normal Beds. You have been tasked with producing a business plan that is workable based on facts, and in addition my willingness to present such a plan to KT and yet you fail to come up to scratch. You have made numerous posts on here since my invitation, but yet my invitation goes unanswered. What are you hiding for? I thought you had all of this information at your fingertips, yet you continue to spout complete and utter bóllocks.

Come on surprise me and prdouce the business plan. If you cannot do this, then might I suggest you shut the fúck up about financial matters you obviously know absolutely jack shít about.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 [983] 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: