The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:01:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 [984] 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819279 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19660 on: August 05, 2017, 05:50:38 am »

I've been thinking about your comments about Sixfields for visitors. At Sixfields the away fans have a roof, reasonable leg room and somewhere to get a beer. lets look at the rest of League 1
The following are not as good as Sixfields for away fans
Fleetwood (Some standing in the open), Posh (No leg room and really old facilities),Pompey (Same as Posh + supporting pillars), Southend (Same as Pompey), Bristol Rovers (No roof for standing or sitting in a tent), AFC Wimbledon (You can only see part of the pitch), Gillingham (Sitting outside), Sc***horpe (Supporting pillars), Bury (No leg room + seats lower than the pitch), Oldham ( Supporting pillars) and Walsall (Supporting pillars). That's a total of 11 clubs
Same as Sixfields
Shrewsbury, Charlton (Despite the supporting pillar), Doncaster, Rochdale, Blackpool, Oxford and Plymouth, a total of 7 clubs
Better than Sixfields
Wigan, Bradford, MK, Rotherham and Blackburn, a total of only 5 clubs

I would say that shows Sixfields is not as bad as you say

Sixfields is uninspiring at the moment but does have a lot going for it and in a much easier to reach  central location than most of those you mention  , we  should be capitalising on it income wise..completely agree.

As for you others, sing, back of the net and tobasco (not you everbright) who doubt my ideas to get some sustainable growth at Sixfields in the light of Kelvin being dismissive  to our clubs ability to grow, that's fine but can you explain why they are poor in your veiws and what could make them more workable?   Wink

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #19661 on: August 05, 2017, 06:43:24 am »

The problem is that you don't have ideas, just insane ramblings. You yet again have not responded to a request that you put together something based on facts, so we actually have nothing from you to be able to critique. Why is this?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #19662 on: August 05, 2017, 07:41:16 am »

As for you others, sing, back of the net and tobasco (not you everbright) who doubt my ideas to get some sustainable growth at Sixfields in the light of Kelvin being dismissive  to our clubs ability to grow, that's fine but can you explain why they are poor in your veiws and what could make them more workable?   Wink

I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you over this, but the thing is, I think everyone you mention has explained what's wrong with your suggestions in the past but you don't seem to listen, and it's frustrating because you keep going around in a circle. No one is saying that your heart isn't in the right place and your passion on the matter is admirable, but there are real issues with what you suggest. Since you asked for an explanation though, I'll point out my objections one last time.

The truth is, your suggestions might actually work. They might. But it's all about risk and reward. Yes, they might work and we'd be a bit better off each season. If they don't work, it would be catastrophic for the club and it's highly likely that the club would fold. This is because your scheme to raise funds up front would certainly yield a good chunk of cash that could be used for capital expenditure  (i.e. funding the redevelopment work). It would however cripple our operational expenditure over the next three years as the "bankable" income (i.e. "We know we sell at least 3000 season tickets a year") used to cover running costs will have dried up. This income is used for all day to day costs, from maintenance to taxes to wage bills etc.

Now if, as you suggest, a nicer stadium will drastically and regularly increase income, we could indeed cover that shortfall and be better off. The thing is, this theory has no basis in established fact or scientifically researched numbers. It's based on a hunch and a set of "finger in the air" estimates of what that hunch could mean if it pays off. It's a huge gamblè. Huge. And the potential rewards don't justify the risk, because make no mistake, lack of cash flow kills companies, and if the anticipated hordes don't show up, we'd have no cash flow at all.

We've been to the brink all too often in the past. Slow and steady wins the race; I'd rather have a football club that grows at an organic and sustainable pace than one that effectively sticks everything on red and spins the wheel. Hell, if it really comes down to it, I'd rather just have a football club full stop.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: August 05, 2017, 08:00:13 am »

We know from KT's comments at the Open Forum that nothing has changed concerning the redevelopment despite the Chinese investment - the East Stand will eventually be built but we are stuck with what Cardoza & friends did construction-wise and that restricts the club's aspirations.  Nothing of significance is planned for the others parts of the ground.

This may well be the safe route and in the light of our financial history nothing should be done that puts the club at risk again.  That said, I was hoping for a bit more about the Chinese investment other than the vague references to education.  So far as the club is concerned I don't yet get it on that aspect.  I can see that the Chinese link is potentially very good for the Uni but that assists us only indirectly via sponsorship fees back to the club which I would think are of a fairly modest amount.

All this reminds me of Aesop's Fable of the Tortoise and the Hare.  The problem is that some of us are ageing Tortoises and may not make the finishing line to see the Cobblers playing in a splendid stadium and at a higher level.

Oh well, on to Shrewsbury........................
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #19664 on: August 05, 2017, 08:18:34 am »

I can honestly say I've never walked into a football ground and been inspired.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19665 on: August 05, 2017, 09:07:25 am »

Very selective inner Pantheon Grin

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #19666 on: August 05, 2017, 09:49:14 am »

Missed Sileby then?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #19667 on: August 05, 2017, 09:49:50 am »

I've been thinking about your comments about Sixfields for visitors. At Sixfields the away fans have a roof, reasonable leg room and somewhere to get a beer. lets look at the rest of League 1
The following are not as good as Sixfields for away fans
Fleetwood (Some standing in the open), Posh (No leg room and really old facilities),Pompey (Same as Posh + supporting pillars), Southend (Same as Pompey), Bristol Rovers (No roof for standing or sitting in a tent), AFC Wimbledon (You can only see part of the pitch), Gillingham (Sitting outside), Sc***horpe (Supporting pillars), Bury (No leg room + seats lower than the pitch), Oldham ( Supporting pillars) and Walsall (Supporting pillars). That's a total of 11 clubs
Same as Sixfields
Shrewsbury, Charlton (Despite the supporting pillar), Doncaster, Rochdale, Blackpool, Oxford and Plymouth, a total of 7 clubs
Better than Sixfields
Wigan, Bradford, MK, Rotherham and Blackburn, a total of only 5 clubs

I would say that shows Sixfields is not as bad as you say

I don't know what ground your comparing but if you think Sixseats is comparable with Doncaster, Oxford,Plymouth or Blackpool then I think you need to go to speck savers, all those grounds are 10000+ and offer significantly better views than Sixseats away end.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest48

« Reply #19668 on: August 05, 2017, 10:20:03 am »

I don't know what ground your comparing but if you think Sixseats is comparable with Doncaster, Oxford,Plymouth or Blackpool then I think you need to go to speck savers, all those grounds are 10000+ and offer significantly better views than Sixseats away end.
As I said, I'm comparing away ends, not grounds overall. Doncaster is the same height as Sixfields, with the other 3 some of the views are better than Sixfields but some are not. But even if you say their away ends are better than Sixfields, that is still only 8 grounds that are better FOR AWAY FANS.

Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #19669 on: August 05, 2017, 10:23:40 am »

Did you not go to Sunderland a few years back? Very nice ground.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #19670 on: August 05, 2017, 11:23:34 am »

As for you others, sing, back of the net and tobasco (not you everbright) who doubt my ideas to get some sustainable growth at Sixfields in the light of Kelvin being dismissive  to our clubs ability to grow, that's fine but can you explain why they are poor in your veiws and what could make them more workable?   Wink
David, I do not doubt your support for the club, or your desire to see us grow, and we all want to see the East Stand completed at the very least.
What concerns me is your complete lack of business acumen. Your tendency to pluck figures out of the air, at random, is "poor in my view". And you are unable to grasp this fact. As I said, you would be absolutely slaughtered on Dragons Den. I admire you for your tenacity in this matter, but you appear to have dug yourself into a very large hole, and cannot see a way out.
I prefer to see what happens first on the pitch, given our recent influx of players. Prior to the Chinese investment, KT showed that he wanted success, eg, bringing in Danny Rose and James Collins on loan at just the right time. I trust him to do the right thing. He is a man who does not over promise, plays his cards close to his chest, and is not afraid to say what he thinks at an open forum. You had the opportunity to attend, and chose not to. And frankly I dont blame you. You had the opportunity to PM your concerns to Fez, and again chose not to. Your only outlet is from behind the safety of your keyboard. And you are making yourself look foolish. None of know what KTs intentions are, and until the legal issues are resolved, we wont find out. These things do take a lot of time.
George Reynolds had a "build it, and they will come" philosophy at Darlington, and look what happened there.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2677

« Reply #19671 on: August 05, 2017, 11:32:09 am »

Did you not go to Sunderland a few years back? Very nice ground.
Agreed. The best ground I've seen us play at.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #19672 on: August 05, 2017, 11:50:37 am »

Agreed. The best ground I've seen us play at.

Quite liked Burton - behind the goal!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19673 on: August 05, 2017, 19:26:35 pm »

I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you over this, but the thing is, I think everyone you mention has explained what's wrong with your suggestions in the past but you don't seem to listen, and it's frustrating because you keep going around in a circle. No one is saying that your heart isn't in the right place and your passion on the matter is admirable, but there are real issues with what you suggest. Since you asked for an explanation though, I'll point out my objections one last time.

The truth is, your suggestions might actually work. They might. But it's all about risk and reward. Yes, they might work and we'd be a bit better off each season. If they don't work, it would be catastrophic for the club and it's highly likely that the club would fold. This is because your scheme to raise funds up front would certainly yield a good chunk of cash that could be used for capital expenditure  (i.e. funding the redevelopment work). It would however cripple our operational expenditure over the next three years as the "bankable" income (i.e. "We know we sell at least 3000 season tickets a year") used to cover running costs will have dried up. This income is used for all day to day costs, from maintenance to taxes to wage bills etc.

Now if, as you suggest, a nicer stadium will drastically and regularly increase income, we could indeed cover that shortfall and be better off. The thing is, this theory has no basis in established fact or scientifically researched numbers. It's based on a hunch and a set of "finger in the air" estimates of what that hunch could mean if it pays off. It's a huge gamblè. Huge. And the potential rewards don't justify the risk, because make no mistake, lack of cash flow kills companies, and if the anticipated hordes don't show up, we'd have no cash flow at all.

We've been to the brink all too often in the past. Slow and steady wins the race; I'd rather have a football club that grows at an organic and sustainable pace than one that effectively sticks everything on red and spins the wheel. Hell, if it really comes down to it, I'd rather just have a football club full stop.
on train back home sp just a quick one... what Kelvin wants and what we need are 2 differrnt things.. surely you can see that?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #19674 on: August 05, 2017, 19:39:17 pm »

on train back home sp just a quick one... what Kelvin wants and what we need are 2 differrnt things.. surely you can see that?

I didn't mention Kelvin. I'm not trying to act as his mouthpiece, I'm just giving you MY view of things based upon how I see things and how I'd like us to progress.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #19675 on: August 05, 2017, 20:10:04 pm »

As I said, I'm comparing away ends, not grounds overall. Doncaster is the same height as Sixfields, with the other 3 some of the views are better than Sixfields but some are not. But even if you say their away ends are better than Sixfields, that is still only 8 grounds that are better FOR AWAY FANS.

Seriously what are you talking about?
Doncaster away end has 22 rows of seats from front to back Sixfields has 9!!!
You think the view is the same  Huh? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2487

« Reply #19676 on: August 05, 2017, 20:12:38 pm »

f***ing hell. Bigger things to moan about at the moment such as today's shower of s***.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #19677 on: August 05, 2017, 20:17:23 pm »

I've moaned on about that as well, 93 mins of my life I won't get back, today was as bad as it gets.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2487

« Reply #19678 on: August 05, 2017, 20:35:09 pm »

I've moaned on about that as well, 93 mins of my life I won't get back, today was as bad as it gets.

Agreed.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #19679 on: August 06, 2017, 00:18:13 am »

I think it's more of a what you want and what we need are 2 different things.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 [984] 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: