The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 22:56:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842587 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20060 on: October 07, 2017, 08:07:42 am »

I think it is well overdue for the Council to state what is their position.  All I for one know is what I wrote above. As for handing over "vast areas of land", what are you talking about?

You have been going on and on about developing the stadium along the lines you propose on the back of an envelope backed up by your Mickey Mouse figures yet here you are suggesting that if the Council deliver to the club what amounts to my eye to be a smallish area of land this would be scandalous. But if they did not what hope is there realistically for a stadium redevelopment and what message would this send to the Chinese investor partners? 
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20061 on: October 07, 2017, 11:46:58 am »

I guess the problem is KT wants to make a fair old profit via the council and the council after getting stung by getting involved with ntfc want to make sure they aren't seen to be helping the next incumbents to a lovely profit.
I also guess it's dragged on longer than KT envisaged thus draining financial resources thus getting outside investment just to keep himself in the picture in the hope of landing a jackpot finance wise(which anyone could of told him won't happen on the back of the previous shenanigans

I guess... No. I'm certain you know fcuk all.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 15:55:05 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #20062 on: October 07, 2017, 16:19:43 pm »

Just leave it how it is, cannot fill it in League 1 let alone League 2 where we will be next year
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20063 on: October 07, 2017, 16:20:59 pm »

I guess... No. I'm certain you know fcuk all.  Grin
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #20064 on: October 08, 2017, 10:03:33 am »

Just to present a bit of balance, and show who the kind of people NTFC are having to deal with here.

See below for some articles on the type of bloke Jonathan Nunn, the leader of NBC is.

Late council tax payments:
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/exclusive-leader-of-northampton-borough-council-missed-two-council-tax-payments-because-he-was-in-financial-difficulty-1-7779179

Business went in to liquidation owing over £20k to the tax man:
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/new-northampton-borough-council-leader-i-have-learnt-lessons-from-my-company-going-into-liquidation-1-7649767
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-37765082

Conviction for assaulting his wife:
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/political-career-goes-on-after-wife-attack-1-903254

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #20065 on: October 08, 2017, 11:14:19 am »

Not sure how that is balanced but NBC have to deal with another NTFC chairman who rides into town as the big saviour, promising to develop Sixfields and then does nothing whilst waiting for NBC to grant him free land.
Interesting that KT doesn't go into massive details about the exact size and location of the land nor more importantly want he wants to do with the land and East stand.
Now some people might be ITK but most are not, also how come KT knew that £3m was the magic number for the council and the East but now can't say anything about his plans nor China investment etc etc
Yes the council has been a disgrace to this town over the years but you can't blame them for trying not to give a bucket load of money / assets to an outsider in the name of NTFC.
Mind you again the fans / people of Northampton deserve nothing, many sit on their hands, saying and doing nothing, many slag down those that push for the club to expand, to want bigger and better. Always making excuses and preferring to wait and see etc etc.
Sorry but the Trust website sums it up superbly ! Their last update was at the end of August !!! So even our most loyal, dedicated and long serving fans can't be bothered so why should NBC

Our one season wonder has long gone, we are back to square minus one with a chairman and board who have no direction or plans ( well ones they want the humble fans to know about) and so the only direction is down. However I expect they will do a DC and chuck money at the manager in January to protect their investment and make the fans think they are wonderful.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20066 on: October 08, 2017, 12:11:29 pm »

I personally think something is really wrong at Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20067 on: October 08, 2017, 12:26:39 pm »

Supporting this club is like being on a rollercoaster driven by a 5 year old - when are we going to stop being managed like a bad soap opera?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3040

« Reply #20068 on: October 08, 2017, 14:35:56 pm »

Its all about kt and his mates making a load of money then going. Talk of leases on land is a smokescreen the est could be finished nothing to do with fire engines not getting through otherwise why have people in there in the first place if not safe
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20069 on: October 08, 2017, 16:07:19 pm »

Theres only one way this club will get off its arse and its to on mass demand  what we need and work hard with whoever is running the show to make it happen and not be told what they think is convenient for them in the short term.
Not one single blade of grass from Sixfields ajoining land should be handed over until we have absolute assurances that we get a worthwhile redev and not just a few boxes masquerading as a multi million pound development .
If not demand the council retain the land in hope for  more proactive open owners coming in and doing things correctly.
Its now sounding like some of our support are taking sides against the council...
Why?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 16:11:07 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20070 on: October 08, 2017, 18:09:26 pm »

Has it occurred to you Beds that it might be helpful in the first place if the Council let it be known what is its position?  Nine months after making a proposal to the Council on the outstanding issues the club is yet to receive a response.  We only have KT's version of events to go by but there are no grounds for questioning the accuracy.  I am sure supporters would strongly object to any gain arising from the land in question and its development going anywhere than to the club if that is what you are implying is the bigger picture in this opaque scenario. 
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20071 on: October 08, 2017, 19:09:57 pm »

Has it occurred to you Beds that it might be helpful in the first place if the Council let it be known what is its position?  Nine months after making a proposal to the Council on the outstanding issues the club is yet to receive a response.  We only have KT's version of events to go by but there are no grounds for questioning the accuracy.  I am sure supporters would strongly object to any gain arising from the land in question and its development going anywhere than to the club if that is what you are implying is the bigger picture in this opaque scenario. 

But, also, wouldn't it then be wise for the club too, to make known its position? Seriously, if the situation is only about land borders and leases, perhaps it's time for NTFC to set out their revised plans for the East, right? At least then we'd have some idea about what it is exactly that the council are being accused of holding up.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20072 on: October 08, 2017, 19:42:35 pm »

Not sure how that is balanced

Balanced as in comparing characteristics of the people in the different roles in this affair.

Actually you are right as it’s not really balance - the points about Nunn are facts, whilst the majority of points you and Beds make about KT are generally suppositions based on your cynical and untrusting bias. 
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20073 on: October 08, 2017, 21:56:36 pm »

Balanced as in comparing characteristics of the people in the different roles in this affair.

Actually you are right as it’s not really balance - the points about Nunn are facts, whilst the majority of points you and Beds make about KT are generally suppositions based on your cynical and untrusting bias. 
Not supposition but from KT'S  very own gape, he belittled our club at a time we are desperate for growth, he then goes to war on OUR council because they won't give him what he wants whatever that is so he can give us God knows what!
You couldn't make up this 5hite !
He needs to pipe up and talk some sense .
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20074 on: October 08, 2017, 22:03:53 pm »

The council should let it be known what they are willing to give Kelvin from their land who hasn't had courtesy to let us know his intention to our clubs redevelopment? Something not quite right there is it Vintage?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20075 on: October 08, 2017, 22:07:01 pm »

Grin Grin

Thank god it was only 6-0. What a bunch of reactive feasting vultures....
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20076 on: October 09, 2017, 05:51:17 am »

Beds, that's why I used the expression "opaque scenario".  It applies equally to the Council & KT
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20077 on: October 09, 2017, 06:13:43 am »

Not supposition but from KT'S  very own gape, he belittled our club at a time we are desperate for growth, he then goes to war on OUR council because they won't give him what he wants whatever that is so he can give us God knows what!
You couldn't make up this 5hite !
He needs to pipe up and talk some sense .

Interesting one sided response - it's a bit like the Brexit argument where people come to a conclusion but those with a a degree of intelligence tend to see points from both arguments. You on the other hand continue your vitriol against KT whilst a universally accepted incompetent council led by a wife beating, failed businessman who doesn't pay his debts, at best is ignored by you and at worse gets tacit approval by you.
10/10 for persistence but you are very unlikely to win a debating contest!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20078 on: October 09, 2017, 07:57:26 am »

As Ive said many times KT should tell the fans what he wants to do with Sixfields, this would put more pressure on the inept council to either say yes or no.
KT comes across as very arrogant with his PowerPoint presentations, his last update was quite frankly embarrassing and told us nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #20079 on: October 09, 2017, 08:22:44 am »

In my opinion you will only get a guarantee of a morally well run club if it is owned and run by the fans. However, that comes with its own set of problems like trouble with investment or paralysis by consensus to name but a few. This will probably lead to the club at best stagnating. As we all know, the alternative is an investor who may have a variety of motivations that rarely include love of the club? This may lead to success but it seems to me big guns aside (but not always, Rangers, Leeds etc etc) it can often lead to bankruptcy ruination and a downward spiral to oblivion. The way I see it it’s either A or B, there is no C. Anybody up for A, we were the first to be owned by a supporters trust. Could we be pioneers again at some point and be a club wholly and solely run by the fans, how great would that be, seriously? No, you’re right, I’m back off to the bottom of the garden with the fairies, cheerio.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: