The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:35:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819985 times)
Barty and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20160 on: October 12, 2017, 06:08:45 am »

So why not meet him and discuss that with him, the one person who can impact it?
You claim Kelvin knows your name, well guess what..he knows mine also Grin
The one  person who you claim can make an impact has had 2 years and is still banging on the guildhall door, and we still don't even know why, who, what, where and how much!
Have you thought of what several thousand voices could do when working with those 'decision makers' they would soon  make the right ones by the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20161 on: October 12, 2017, 06:12:15 am »

Beds, are you certain that the present owners fall into your description of outside speculators wanting free land from the Council for their own benefit and not the club's or only a small percentage?  In other words, Cardozas revisited?  If you are certain please provide the evidence to support the statement or is this conjecture on your part?  
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20162 on: October 12, 2017, 06:48:52 am »

Beds, are you certain that the present owners fall into your description of outside speculators wanting free land from the Council for their own benefit and not the club's or only a small percentage?  In other words, Cardozas revisited?  If you are certain please provide the evidence to support the statement or is this conjecture on your part?  
We dont know what we can expect until the council gives up leases on ajoining land..  Thats what we all believe is the cause of the inactivity.
Didn't KT himself say last week the council are not readily handing leases over to him?
The council have claimed he can get on with work on the East regardless?
Thats the general consensus if you know different, please enlighten.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20163 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:59 am »

Conjecture then.

All I, and I think most of us know, is that the Council managed to grant 2 leases over the same piece of land (well played NBC) and that there are queries over the boundary lines.  This is what KT said and so far as I know the Council has said nothing and done nothing.

If this was a case of Cardozas revisited I would object strongly.  Any land that comes from the Council should be only for the football club and for its benefit. The owners would benefit by an enhanced valuation of their shares following redevelopment and that would surely be enough. Any additional profit on the side as it were arising from being a developer to my mind would be totally unacceptable and greedy.  If this was the case then I would hope that the Trust will object loudly.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20164 on: October 12, 2017, 08:46:34 am »

Let's just clear something up for a moment KT is a business man, Cardozy was  common th**f and a cutn.
You can't compare them and I don't think anybody is.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20165 on: October 12, 2017, 10:52:51 am »

Conjecture then.

All I, and I think most of us know, is that the Council managed to grant 2 leases over the same piece of land (well played NBC) and that there are queries over the boundary lines.  This is what KT said and so far as I know the Council has said nothing and done nothing.

If this was a case of Cardozas revisited I would object strongly.  Any land that comes from the Council should be only for the football club and for its benefit. The owners would benefit by an enhanced valuation of their shares following redevelopment and that would surely be enough. Any additional profit on the side as it were arising from being a developer to my mind would be totally unacceptable and greedy.  If this was the case then I would hope that the Trust will object loudly.
Amen to that.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20166 on: October 12, 2017, 11:02:19 am »

Im not feeling the love on here today😂
Unlike KT I have in fact come up with a very workable solution to our capacity issue, one that involves the most important factor and thats the supporters of Northampton town and those all important future supporters encouraged to our club by a more professional welcoming Sixfields.
All based on higher future earnings.
Small sustainable growth works, being stung out like idiots waiting on free  council land  doesnt.
I still hope kt/consortium/ Chinese actually do have the clubs long tern interests at heart and start doing something.
Without question, he needs us more that we need him.

No you haven't. You plucked some numbers from your árse and when asked to back them up with facts you just can't do it.
I cannot work out if you are dillusional or a wind-up merchant.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #20167 on: October 12, 2017, 15:36:03 pm »

As a fishing trip goes, BedsCobb has done exceptionally well.

Someone contact Norris McWhirter for the longest forum thread ever.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #20168 on: October 12, 2017, 15:48:13 pm »

It's not Beds keeping it going its the spectacular failure to improve a simple ground built for easy expansion. (Bar KT who appears to be doing his best).

I would love to see the original plans for expansion they must exist somewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #20169 on: October 12, 2017, 16:06:15 pm »

Do you mean the original original from Ballast Needham following completion of existing structure?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #20170 on: October 12, 2017, 16:19:29 pm »

Do you mean the original original from Ballast Needham following completion of existing structure?

Yes. Massive mistake to let Cardoza go with his bonkers plans. Should have been pressed to keep as much as possible to simple bolt on structure.

Always saddens me that a decent stand was ruined in the East. Great disabled facilities. Should never have been allowed to cut it in half without using original expansion plans.
Getting back to the gist of this thread I think we need more from the Trust to keep fans in the loop and prevent rumours as much as possible.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 16:21:23 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20171 on: October 12, 2017, 16:27:42 pm »

No you haven't. You plucked some numbers from your árse and when asked to back them up with facts you just can't do it.
I cannot work out if you are dillusional or a wind-up merchant.
What part did you not understand?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #20172 on: October 12, 2017, 16:30:14 pm »

The architects Taylor, Tulip and Hunter went into liquidation in 2012. The original statements about the stadium were.
The Dave Bowen Stand (North) and South Stands are identical, each containing just under 1,000 seats and both are capable of future extension. Similarly the Alwyn Hargraves Stand (East Stand) is also capable of extension, and incorporates modern changing facilities for the Athletics Club, an All Weather track and provides space for the Football in the Community office.

For each end or at least one a simple double up would be a start.

Come on Beds I really need your insights

Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #20173 on: October 12, 2017, 17:56:26 pm »

I've previous asked KT why he won't release plans subject to council approval/legalities being resolved etc. His answer was that he doesn't want to release any plans because it raises expectations unnecessarily. That the previous owner had released a number of artist impressions etc and that they didn't do him/NTFC any favours. The latter was hard to argue against, after all DC initially released nice designs but quickly they got worse and worse as we know, who can ever forget the one with stilts?!  Grin

KT *might be using the whole DC regime as a smoke screen. He *might not be. I guess that depends on whether or not you trust him or not. At this point in time I whole heartedly trust him, he saved my football club and is still basking himself in sun under palm trees on a white sandy beached island in the Caribbean. However, the honeymoon is coming to an end and the flight home is imminent.

He's been here 2 years, he's done absolutely nothing to give any of us reason not to trust him or to treat him suspiciously. We know the council are not playing game, and from my understanding Vintage hits the spot (ref granting two leases). What the exact implications are with that, haven't a scooby. Im not intelligent enough to fully grasp it!

HOWEVER. There comes a point when a player needs to show their cards. And its probably fair to say that that time is rapidly approaching. Depending on your own stance, that time *might be now or might be in 10 years time (two thirds of the fan base refused to even join in the we want answers campaign when it started).

My own stance on the matter is that Id like to see what the prize is on offer before committing one way or t'other as to throwing my own weight behind any campaign to get the council to kick their ass's into gear. I fully understand why most fans are less concerned at this stage though. The game will play out rather quickly from now on in I feel.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 18:00:02 pm by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20174 on: October 12, 2017, 18:44:01 pm »

I've previous asked KT why he won't release plans subject to council approval/legalities being resolved etc. His answer was that he doesn't want to release any plans because it raises expectations unnecessarily. That the previous owner had released a number of artist impressions etc and that they didn't do him/NTFC any favours. The latter was hard to argue against, after all DC initially released nice designs but quickly they got worse and worse as we know, who can ever forget the one with stilts?!  Grin

KT *might be using the whole DC regime as a smoke screen. He *might not be. I guess that depends on whether or not you trust him or not. At this point in time I whole heartedly trust him, he saved my football club and is still basking himself in sun under palm trees on a white sandy beached island in the Caribbean. However, the honeymoon is coming to an end and the flight home is imminent.

He's been here 2 years, he's done absolutely nothing to give any of us reason not to trust him or to treat him suspiciously. We know the council are not playing game, and from my understanding Vintage hits the spot (ref granting two leases). What the exact implications are with that, haven't a scooby. Im not intelligent enough to fully grasp it!

HOWEVER. There comes a point when a player needs to show their cards. And its probably fair to say that that time is rapidly approaching. Depending on your own stance, that time *might be now or might be in 10 years time (two thirds of the fan base refused to even join in the we want answers campaign when it started).

My own stance on the matter is that Id like to see what the prize is on offer before committing one way or t'other as to throwing my own weight behind any campaign to get the council to kick their ass's into gear. I fully understand why most fans are less concerned at this stage though. The game will play out rather quickly from now on in I feel.

I've still proudly kept my we want answers ?
It's a badge of honour!!
I was also one of the hundred or so who stood up and held it aloft whilst the majority shat themselves and remained seated!!
Maybe they were tuned into radio saints who derided it and basically said it was a hand full of people protesting and implied it was a storm in a teacup.
They were of NO USE WHATSOEVER to the supporters of ntfc and I've never listened to their hopeless radio station since.
By all accounts a most wise decision!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #20175 on: October 12, 2017, 20:04:03 pm »

I've still proudly kept my we want answers ?
It's a badge of honour!!
I was also one of the hundred or so who stood up and held it aloft whilst the majority shat themselves and remained seated!!
Maybe they were tuned into radio saints who derided it and basically said it was a hand full of people protesting and implied it was a storm in a teacup.
They were of NO USE WHATSOEVER to the supporters of ntfc and I've never listened to their hopeless radio station since.
By all accounts a most wise decision!

My lasting memory of 'We Want Answers' was handing out leaflets and receiving a selection of (mild) insults and barbed comments from those refusing them. "He doesn't deserve this", "traitor", "bloody get behind him".
I still see these people, I'm sure some still think Dave was hard done by. Some probably dislike KT. I'm sure some feel suitably embarrassed.
Never underestimate the ignorance of some folk.
However ineffective and underwhelming that campaign was, it was the beginning of the end for him.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20176 on: October 12, 2017, 20:24:33 pm »

Getting back to the gist of this thread I think we need more from the Trust to keep fans in the loop and prevent rumours as much as possible.
We're working behind the scenes setting up meetings to get as full a picture as possible. As soon as we feel it's right to say anything publicly we will mate.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #20177 on: October 12, 2017, 20:51:28 pm »

We're working behind the scenes setting up meetings to get as full a picture as possible. As soon as we feel it's right to say anything publicly we will mate.

Spoken as if coming from KT himself...
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20178 on: October 12, 2017, 21:43:05 pm »

What part did you not understand?

You have given us nothing to understand. You just pluck búlls*** figures from thin air and expect people to accept it as fact without backing up any of it.
You attack KT, yet when given the chance to put your questions and ideas to him shít a brick.
You even have the chance to email him and give voice to you suggestions, but yet again you bail.
When you have something concrete, that is backed up with FACTS maybe we would listen.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #20179 on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:56 am »

You have given us nothing to understand. You just pluck búlls*** figures from thin air and expect people to accept it as fact without backing up any of it.
You attack KT, yet when given the chance to put your questions and ideas to him shít a brick.
You even have the chance to email him and give voice to you suggestions, but yet again you bail.
When you have something concrete, that is backed up with FACTS maybe we would listen.

Your last two paragraphs make me a shudder a little. I remember very clearly those lines being trotted out by the masses towards the end of Big Daves 'reign of terror'!  Grin

That said, I won't try and deny that I think Bed's stance is for too provocative at this stage!

But the motion that KT will provide solid information to individuals who go to him direct is pure fantasy. Its simply not in his remit at this stage. Rightly or wrongly.

There is zero evidence of any kind to suggest that KT is doing anything dodgy, and I haven't seen once where Beds suggests or hints that he is. He's just frustrated by the time its taking, as we all are to be fair. But the point he makes about ensuring that the Football Club gets the best deal out of any collaboration with the council is a very good one and seems to have gone over many peoples heads.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: