The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:39:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822266 times)
DustonCobbler, Tabasco Kid, JeanGenie and 46 Guests are viewing this topic.
rebelspawn

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #20180 on: October 13, 2017, 07:14:32 am »

I've previous asked KT why he won't release plans subject to council approval/legalities being resolved etc. His answer was that he doesn't want to release any plans because it raises expectations unnecessarily. That the previous owner had released a number of artist impressions etc and that they didn't do him/NTFC any favours. The latter was hard to argue against, after all DC initially released nice designs but quickly they got worse and worse as we know, who can ever forget the one with stilts?!  Grin

KT *might be using the whole DC regime as a smoke screen. He *might not be. I guess that depends on whether or not you trust him or not. At this point in time I whole heartedly trust him, he saved my football club and is still basking himself in sun under palm trees on a white sandy beached island in the Caribbean. However, the honeymoon is coming to an end and the flight home is imminent.

He's been here 2 years, he's done absolutely nothing to give any of us reason not to trust him or to treat him suspiciously. We know the council are not playing game, and from my understanding Vintage hits the spot (ref granting two leases). What the exact implications are with that, haven't a scooby. Im not intelligent enough to fully grasp it!

HOWEVER. There comes a point when a player needs to show their cards. And its probably fair to say that that time is rapidly approaching. Depending on your own stance, that time *might be now or might be in 10 years time (two thirds of the fan base refused to even join in the we want answers campaign when it started).

My own stance on the matter is that Id like to see what the prize is on offer before committing one way or t'other as to throwing my own weight behind any campaign to get the council to kick their ass's into gear. I fully understand why most fans are less concerned at this stage though. The game will play out rather quickly from now on in I feel.

Great post Drilling! Pretty much sums up my feelings also.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20181 on: October 13, 2017, 07:24:57 am »

I don't think any one is suggesting that KT is doing or planning to do anything "dodgy". But the lack of hard information from KT is worrying, as is the complete silence of the Council.  Fez on behalf of the Trust is absolutely right to comment the Trust is not in a position to make its views known until it receives from all concerned the facts and then considers its position.

I will say this - KT deliberately went public with his email/letter to the Council and the Council's failure after 9 months to deal with the outstanding issues.  No doubt, he was hoping that the supporters led by the Trust would start lobbying the Council to get of its backside, the same Trust that frankly KT appears not to have shown much time for since he took over the club in the sense of including its representatives in any decision making.  But, as I comment above, the Trust isn't going to do anything until the facts are known and this must be right.  

There was a suggestion from Beds that the Council has not done what KT wants because it is not prepared to deliver land into the hands of people who may be looking for a personal profit from stadium redevelopment rather than all the redevelopment gain going to the club.  That must surely be the position of the Trust and supporters generally. If KT can demonstrate this is his intention we can all get on board but only when we know precisely what he plans.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20182 on: October 13, 2017, 07:27:58 am »

I don't think any one is suggesting that KT is doing or planning to do anything "dodgy". But the lack of hard information from KT is worrying, as is the complete silence of the Council.  Fez on behalf of the Trust is absolutely right to comment the Trust is not in a position to make its views known until it receives from all concerned the facts and then considers its position.

I will say this - KT deliberately went public with his email/letter to the Council and the Council's failure after 9 months to deal with the outstanding issues.  No doubt, he was hoping that the supporters led by the Trust would start lobbying the Council to get of its backside, the same Trust that frankly KT appears not to have shown much time for since he took over the club in the sense of including its representatives in any decision making.  But, as I comment above, the Trust isn't going to do anything until the facts are known and this must be right.  

There was a suggestion from Beds that the Council has not done what KT wants because it is not prepared to deliver land into the hands of people who may be looking for a personal profit from stadium redevelopment rather than all the redevelopment gain going to the club.  That must surely be the position of the Trust and supporters generally. If KT can demonstrate this is his intention we can all get on board but only when we know precisely what he plans.
Brilliant post
Sums up my thoughts exactly
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #20183 on: October 13, 2017, 07:29:15 am »

If as reported on here they got £7 million from Chinese sale and there was £4 million ringfenced then why not spend a chunk on doing a fancy north or south with added facilities in the meantime. Still be plenty left plus profit. No leases issues at either end?

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20184 on: October 13, 2017, 09:21:43 am »

If as reported on here they got £7 million from Chinese sale and there was £4 million ringfenced then why not spend a chunk on doing a fancy north or south with added facilities in the meantime. Still be plenty left plus profit. No leases issues at either end?

Let me answer that one mate, KT said that he doesn't see the need for anymore capacity and summing up what he implied, that we are a small club and didn't need a bigger stadium.
I think the video is still online somewhere from the last meeting with KT at Sixfields, now that was embarrassing.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #20185 on: October 13, 2017, 09:29:00 am »

It's the one from Aug 17th with JED
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20186 on: October 13, 2017, 10:07:29 am »

Pretty well spot on there.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20187 on: October 13, 2017, 10:33:14 am »

Pretty well spot on there.
Welcome to the party 😉
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #20188 on: October 13, 2017, 11:31:46 am »

http://democracy.york.gov.uk/documents/s19763/Annex%205%20Community%20Stadium.pdf
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:46:47 am by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20189 on: October 13, 2017, 11:54:51 am »

Nice brochure.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #20190 on: October 13, 2017, 12:18:40 pm »

Did you read it?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20191 on: October 13, 2017, 14:06:19 pm »

Did you read it?

I did and from my limited knowledge of these things, doesn't it provide a justification for KT to wait until he sees what land out the back of the stand he/we will have before committing to the front of house, pitch facing aspect?  The more space for commercial enterprise he/we get at the back will reduce the amount he/we will need to impact on the front?
The issue of not publicly displaying the planning options for the options is his call and probably a good one based on what happened when DC did the same and then decided to change it?
It leaves his/our options well and truly open.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #20192 on: October 13, 2017, 14:19:23 pm »

I did and what I took from it was that whilst the use of adjoining land is certainly of benefit from a commercial perspective the development of existing parts of the stadium could equally be worthwhile over a longer period of return.
The rub is would you dare take on developing another part of Sixfields whilst that excuse of the East Stand stood as it is?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #20193 on: October 13, 2017, 14:34:05 pm »

In a nutshell PNE's East Stand (Oh the irony) cost £9m they lease the commercial space in the stand for £500k per annum on a 25 year lease.
The brochure shows there are lots of business models that can support a new stand from scratch, you don't have to just rely on match day for the pay back.
There are a number of use cases to back this up.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20194 on: October 13, 2017, 18:26:24 pm »

I did and from my limited knowledge of these things, doesn't it provide a justification for KT to wait until he sees what land out the back of the stand he/we will have before committing to the front of house, pitch facing aspect?  The more space for commercial enterprise he/we get at the back will reduce the amount he/we will need to impact on the front?
The issue of not publicly displaying the planning options for the options is his call and probably a good one based on what happened when DC did the same and then decided to change it?
So what are you/ them saying?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #20195 on: October 13, 2017, 19:30:15 pm »

You see, this is the other way of looking at it. Which I also agree with. Its hard to argue against after the Big Dave saga.

BUT I wanna see the plans for what I believe are very good reasons also. At this point in time we are at a cross roads, does KT show his hand or does he continue to play it tight? My view is that he can only play it tight up until the point he wants the fan base to bash the council with pressure…which he is already hinting that he wants to happen! The game will play out quickly now. Especially if we keep losing 6-0!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20196 on: October 13, 2017, 20:15:10 pm »

The game will play out quickly now. Especially if we keep losing 6-0!  Grin
The cracks were starting to show for Cardoza and he needed wins to bury bad news but unfortunately for him the cobblers lose at home, and in his own words, "Everything  would've been ok had we not lost to Dagenham and fcuking Redbridge" 😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #20197 on: October 13, 2017, 21:33:32 pm »

To whom did David Cardoza make that statement?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20198 on: October 13, 2017, 21:35:11 pm »

To whom did David Cardoza make that statement?
Not at liberty to say but he said it😂
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20199 on: October 13, 2017, 22:26:33 pm »

Not at liberty to say but he said it😂

Most of you lot should be more concerned about AFC tomorrow than making pointless comments on KT and Redev.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: