The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 00:09:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842664 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20340 on: November 03, 2017, 15:53:22 pm »

I thought it would only take a couple of hours for a response from a Trust  representative and, predictably, it was from Barton trotting out the same old lines.  He is fully entitled to his opinion and me to mine.  In expressing my opinion I made it clear that was aware of sensibilities and tried to be balanced and objective. In fact, I was one of the minority trying to attack DC at a time when things were clearly not right with the East Stand loan. The Trust was silent until the storm broke. A model lesson in the need to proactive and not reactive.  I posted a long serious of questions on the thread on this site to be put to Cardoza, contacted the Trust offering my services which offer fell on deaf ears. So, I was unimpressed then and I am now.  That is a shame.

On a personal front I live 70+ miles from Northampton and with a full time job my availability for the Trust with its weekday meetings is simply not a starter.  It is as much as I can do to make matches on Saturdays.  My personal situation is besides the point.  What I posted is about the bigger picture.  What the Trust needs to ask itself is why does it consistently struggles to attract new members in significant numbers and from within those numbers people willing to take the organisation forward.  As I wrote earlier today,  16 directors is ridiculous and don't get hung up on "democracy". How a decision of any importance is ever reached is an achievement.  To fall back on this is hollow politically correct statement wheeled out time and time again is pointless.  I was referring to the dynamic of the organisation, its purpose and its direction.  

Barton comments that there is a lot going on behind the scenes. Well, perhaps telling us supporters (and even members) some of what's going on might be a starting point.  I am one of those inactive life members and I never hear a thing from the Trust apart from the notice for the AGM.  The website has not been updated since 27 July 2017.  Sorry, but that is pathetic.  The Internet and social media are vitally important means of communication and not just about trite things.  Stop being so defensive and try a different approach when criticised.  .
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: November 03, 2017, 15:57:44 pm »

Barton, that last posting from you is a woeful embarrassment. Stop throwing your toys out the Trust pram.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20342 on: November 03, 2017, 16:06:49 pm »

Your not wrong in your statement Melbourne, at this point in time we are a long way off a top 44 team and I have watched us when we were rock bottom and looked like going out of the league altogether. I just think that we should be pushing our owners to aim for that level. But I think KT has reached a point in his tenure when he should be giving us a lot more detail on his plans for the club and the stadium.
I think our next step should be aiming to be an established league 1 team flirting with the championship to start with, but we should be looking at having plans in place to become a Championship club and with all the infrastructure that entails.
Fair enough, can’t argue with that. Whilst I suppose my original point was a bit negative, in my defence I did also state that we also could be a Championship club. Therefore you’re right, there’s nothing wrong in making every effort to strive for that. Perhaps Vintage is right and the club has been plagued by too many who think like me?
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: November 03, 2017, 16:14:31 pm »

Really what's the clamour to get that awful stand finished. Club's the best it's been for years on face value. Cracking manager who will prove his worth, decent players. Chill out a bit.

Yes there are quite a few transparency issues over the new owners but that'd be a better use of energy. The Cardoza redevelopment was inadequate anyway. The KT masterplan will be on a different level I don't doubt. But again untill the Chinese get the land what is the actual problem?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 16:18:19 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20344 on: November 03, 2017, 16:31:47 pm »

I'm afraid it's opinions like that expressed by Melbourne that contributes to the sterile thinking exhibited by too may when it comes to NTFC.  You could say we are more likely to be playing in League 2 than League 1 in the coming years yet alone the Championship but that is why owners past and present do not feel they have to do much to satisfy our supporter base.

Consider Bournemouth, Burnley, Ipswich, Norwich, Brighton all places with populations lower than Northampton and focus less on Barnet, Stevenage, Cheltenham and the like and you can see what is achieved with the right owners and the commitment to go with it.

As I keep repeating, think small and you stay small. After being the proverbial White Knight KT & partners have been given far too easy a ride in recent months.

Grin Grin Grin  So getting on with your job, and keeping the club solvent is "a easy ride".

I'd imagine your job is an easy ride, as is your life probably. I'd imagine everything for you is an easy ride, whilst we are in the business of making assumptions.

What do you and and Beds babes want to do? Take to the streets? Arrange a meeting at the town hall? Run naked down Gold Street? Call the police? Strap youselves to the lift tower?...NO. The extent of your concern will stretch no further than tapping away on a keyboard. If all of the activity that you and a few others have mustered up about the redevelopment was boiled down, there wouldn't be enough to fill a teaspoon in the end. That's how much you really care.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: November 03, 2017, 16:32:24 pm »

What land exactly?  Am I right in thinking one of NTFC and NTFC Ventures has had a long lease of the land since the take-over or are you referring to additional land?

I am not the only one totally unclear as to the actual situation. The Council say and, seemingly, do nothing, KT provides no hard information. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.  Chinese? What Chinese? They are invisible except for a few who turn up to home games.Redevelopment? What redevelopment?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: November 03, 2017, 16:35:56 pm »

And your magnificent contribution Hamster is what? Enlighten us with your wisdom. After all the object of this site is for supporters to express views but when they do idiots like you make insulting comments.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20347 on: November 03, 2017, 16:40:53 pm »

What an excellent post by Vintage

Nothing new in Vintages comments! As a matter of interest are you and Vintage Trust members?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #20348 on: November 03, 2017, 16:51:25 pm »

Barton, that last posting from you is a woeful embarrassment. Stop throwing your toys out the Trust pram.

I wouldn't worry about it; he has a hissy fit wherever anyone says anything negative about the trust, or even if it's just something he perceives as negative. It's the type of attitude that contributes to why lots of people, myself included, have little time for the trust in its current form.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 16:53:26 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20349 on: November 03, 2017, 16:51:54 pm »

The Trust have held three meetings alone in the last week. One was only yesterday evening. We'd love to publicise the contents of them straight away, we really would. But it requires patience on our behalf, and if we have to take a bit of a pasting on here, then so be it.

In fact Vintage, I seem to recall you saying we were doing the right thing by finding out the full picture of things before commenting. That was just a few weeks ago, so I'm a little surprised to see you take what is effectively a u-turn.

I know the game, I really do. Once people have had their say here on the council, and then the club, they turn to the Trust. It's a circle I know won't end until the stand is built.

All I'll ask is for people to trust us. Trust us that we're working behind the scenes and that when we have something to say, we'll say it.

We may not be doing things the way you like. But just consider how split debates are on here, and consider that we're in rather an impossible position to please everyone.

I know being a bit quiet on this is not a popular position to take bearing in mind it's the one that's getting the club criticism, but it's all we can offer at the moment because if we come out all guns blazing it undoes quite a few weeks of work.

Vintage, you raise some interesting ideas r.e how we operate. If you want them to become more than ideas you have to bite the bullet, make the journey of 70 miles and come along and propose it at the AGM. I'm sorry, but that's the way it works.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: November 03, 2017, 16:52:42 pm »

Everbrite - I have already commented on that.  You and others can agree or disagree with my views. Too many people are quick to throw a tantrum like Barton earlier this afternoon or make sarcastic comments.  This is a site for opinions.  We are a very broad church.  Very democratic in fact, Barton!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: November 03, 2017, 16:55:16 pm »

.......................and yet the people of Npton South still elected him.

I agree with your comments on DM, but South N'hants is fairly staunchly Conservative territory and is hardly likely to vote for any Corbynista colleague. For them DM was the lesser of two evils; as you say no accounting for taste.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2539

« Reply #20352 on: November 03, 2017, 16:59:01 pm »

The Trust have held three meetings alone in the last week. One was only yesterday evening. We'd love to publicise the contents of them straight away, we really would. But it requires patience on our behalf, and if we have to take a bit of a pasting on here, then so be it.

In fact Vintage, I seem to recall you saying we were doing the right thing by finding out the full picture of things before commenting. That was just a few weeks ago, so I'm a little surprised to see you take what is effectively a u-turn.

I know the game, I really do. Once people have had their say here on the council, and then the club, they turn to the Trust. It's a circle I know won't end until the stand is built.

All I'll ask is for people to trust us. Trust us that we're working behind the scenes and that when we have something to say, we'll say it.

We may not be doing things the way you like. But just consider how split debates are on here, and consider that we're in rather an impossible position to please everyone.

I know being a bit quiet on this is not a popular position to take bearing in mind it's the one that's getting the club criticism, but it's all we can offer at the moment because if we come out all guns blazing it undoes quite a few weeks of work.

Vintage, you raise some interesting ideas r.e how we operate. If you want them to become more than ideas you have to bite the bullet, make the journey of 70 miles and come along and propose it at the AGM. I'm sorry, but that's the way it works.

I understand certain facts need to be kept under wraps during negotiations BUT can you say if you feel progress is being made, especially with the Council?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #20353 on: November 03, 2017, 17:07:20 pm »

I understand certain facts need to be kept under wraps during negotiations BUT can you say if you feel progress is being made, especially with the Council?
I definitely feel progress has been made, but whether that transcends into an end result we all want to see I wouldn't be able to say. This is rather complex in that effectively we're hearing contrasting accounts from the council and the football club. That requires, frustratingly, a bit more patience to unearth the true position - and I can totally understand why patience is thin from the supporters. We're all Cobblers fans, we all want the damn thing built to the best standard it can possibly be.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20354 on: November 03, 2017, 17:20:16 pm »

Everbrite - I have already commented on that.  You and others can agree or disagree with my views. Too many people are quick to throw a tantrum like Barton earlier this afternoon or make sarcastic comments.  This is a site for opinions.  We are a very broad church.  Very democratic in fact, Barton!!

It is a pity that you and several others on here have basically preconceived views on the Trust. Seems to me that it would be useful that you, tcobb & BoN amongst others actually join the Trust where at least your forceful views may well have a voice. Better to support the Trust than continually posting the same keyboard views on here; which as Terry suggests become irrelevant after a period of time. With regards distance agree its tough for you, but at the last Trust Meeting I sat next to a Supporter who traveled from Chelmsford; bought his own sandwiches too!
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20355 on: November 03, 2017, 17:23:14 pm »

Fez, I was referring to communication/information on a wider scale so no U-turn by me and to the structure of the Trust itself with 16 directors.  I made no mention of the Trust in reference the East Stand.  As I said, I am trying to be balanced & objective and not rush to judgment.  But taking the Trust website as an example, a weekly or twice monthly update is surely possible if you want to get more people interested plus using other social media daily when possible.  The "Latest News" is dated 27 July. No further comment on that needed.  

It is no good the likes of Barton coming on here every time there is a word of criticism (what is this site for if not for a lively exchange of supporters' views?), reacting like a hurt child and then trotting out the same tired old lines.  It doesn't work as is shown by what appears to be stagnant membership numbers so something is wrong. The key is recognising that this is the case.  Supporters' apathy and in some cases disenchantment in relation to the Trust is widespread.  On a personal front distance is a problem on weekdays.  However, this is not just me or even about me.  Much of our support comes from a similar distance. I know regular supporters who are based in London, Herts and Birmingham. A fair number also appear to live in the north. I was told some years ago that over i/3rd of season tickets holders live outside the Northants postcodes. Even allowing for a good number with MK postcodes living in north Bucks this is a sizeable number.  There is not much that can be done about involving us exiles in person except on Saturdays and that is not feasible since the club needs the few rooms it has for hospitality.  
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20356 on: November 03, 2017, 17:36:56 pm »

I do get a bit fed up telling people about how the Trust is run, its a democracy, if you are a member and you don't like how it's run, you can change it. There is hell of a lot going on at the moment, that is not in the public eye, taking up a LOT of board members time. Of the board members, most have full time jobs and have to earn a living but there are vacancies on the board so we are looking for people to help us out. It is very easy to sit behind a keyboard and point out what you think is wrong, it's a lot harder to give up loads of your time and use your own petrol, no expenses for us, to attend meetings with the sole aim of helping NTFC to have a better future.
   Like I say there are vacancies, including the Chairman role, so it would be great if a new set of fans took up the batten, but it's a thankless task and it seems like lots of people are very quick with the criticism but suddenly disappear when it comes to getting off their arses 

Unfortunately barton the trust (mainly a certain mr lomax) alienated a large section of cobblers fans shortly after the move to sixfields and the memory lives long. I'm a lifelong cobblers fan, a 30yr + season ticket holder and the bitter after taste remains to this day so unfortunately the trust is tarred and therefore open to abuse. Feel free to pm me for details.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20357 on: November 03, 2017, 17:42:49 pm »

Unfortunately barton the trust (mainly a certain mr lomax) alienated a large section of cobblers fans shortly after the move to sixfields and the memory lives long. I'm a lifelong cobblers fan, a 30yr + season ticket holder and the bitter after taste remains to this day so unfortunately the trust is tarred and therefore open to abuse. Feel free to pm me for details.

Sorry Andy thats an excuse not a reason!
Report Spam   Logged

FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #20358 on: November 03, 2017, 17:43:40 pm »

Fez, I was referring to communication/information on a wider scale so no U-turn by me and to the structure of the Trust itself with 16 directors.  I made no mention of the Trust in reference the East Stand.  As I said, I am trying to be balanced & objective and not rush to judgment.  But taking the Trust website as an example, a weekly or twice monthly update is surely possible if you want to get more people interested plus using other social media daily when possible.  The "Latest News" is dated 27 July. No further comment on that needed.  

It is no good the likes of Barton coming on here every time there is a word of criticism (what is this site for if not for a lively exchange of supporters' views?), reacting like a hurt child and then trotting out the same tired old lines.  It doesn't work as is shown by what appears to be stagnant membership numbers so something is wrong. The key is recognising that this is the case.  Supporters' apathy and in some cases disenchantment in relation to the Trust is widespread.  On a personal front distance is a problem on weekdays.  However, this is not just me or even about me.  Much of our support comes from a similar distance. I know regular supporters who are based in London, Herts and Birmingham. A fair number also appear to live in the north. I was told some years ago that over i/3rd of season tickets holders live outside the Northants postcodes. Even allowing for a good number with MK postcodes living in north Bucks this is a sizeable number.  There is not much that can be done about involving us exiles in person except on Saturdays and that is not feasible since the club needs the few rooms it has for hospitality.  
Your comment on the news section of the website I have no arguments with. We do obviously have programme notes for every home game, and maybe it's a case of just copying and pasting them onto the website for a start to keep it more updated.

We have around 800 members which I consider a very healthy number compared to a lot of other Trusts, and is a healthy percentage of our fan base. But of course, we'd love it to be higher.

With regards to the apathy, again, while we can take a look at how to improve this, I'm not entirely sure we are entirely to blame for this. Do we need people with fresh ideas on how to attract people - yes. I've always said this, but no such person has come forward yet. That is, whether you like it or not, reliant on said person having the attitude of wanting to change things.

You may not like the way Barton replies to things, but I'm sorry, I think he has every reason to get a little aggrieved when it's the same old four or five people (and it really is only that small a number) who trot out the same old lines themselves. There's always an offer to get involved with the Trust extended to said people at the end of all of our posts, and that offer is always declined for one reason or another. And I'm sorry, but that does grate with both Barton and myself. We can't do any more, and we can't do it all by ourselves. The people throwing out the criticisms need to reciprocate in some way.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 17:47:56 pm by FezNTFC » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20359 on: November 03, 2017, 17:44:52 pm »

............................It is no good the likes of Barton coming on here every time there is a word of criticism (what is this site for if not for a lively exchange of supporters' views?), reacting like a hurt child and then trotting out the same tired old lines.

Have read Bartons message and unable to see how you can accuse him of over reacting like a like a hurt child etc which is of course is exactly what you and a couple of others have done. Barton gave a reply which was forthright and to me at least sounded honest and hard hitting. So he managed to put your nose out of joint (as did Terry); hard cheese old chap. Some of your comments are fine; wasted on here - you might as well join them and give your views a chance of some credibility. Anyway Chin up Barton - they don't like it up 'em!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 18:08:01 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: