The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 22:33:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842543 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20440 on: November 07, 2017, 10:52:56 am »

so as long as our owner is not a criminal everything is fine then Cobblerwatch.

Sweet Jesu!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #20441 on: November 07, 2017, 11:18:31 am »

It is you who is spectacularly missing the point.  Or rather, in the words of General Melchett 'if all else fails, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through'.
ALL clubs, including ours give away tickets to boost attendances - an entire portion of the east stand are giveaways and promotions.  It no more makes MK's attendance 'false' as you put it, than it does ours. 
Perhaps you're now thinking, 'ah, but they do it on a bigger scale' - which may or may not be true; but that is one of the ways that virtually all football clubs grow their fan base.  The only thing that is measurable are actual attendance figures. They average 9062 and no amount of denial will alter that...
[/quote
Well done , you have identified that the more free tickets you give away and the nicer your stadium is , the more people that will turn up ...... especially when you get a complex built through government grants and preferential land agreements , boosted by a benefactor .
Back to the reality of running a football club without any of those things in place , trying to hold its own and be self sustainable . Even more so now that it’s name is tarnished after the crooked dealings of previous rogue directors .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20442 on: November 07, 2017, 11:29:49 am »

You’re just supporting my point.  Wigan & Plymouth do have reasonable capacity (although still a lot less than MK Dons), and that is why their attendances are circa 8,800 (7th & 8th) in the division (despite Plymouth being bottom).  Oxford as you say have an OK capacity coupled with an OK average attendance of 7300.  The fact is that in general, average attendances are in direct proportion to stadium capacity, with most of everything else being mitigating.

As for away fans, again you support my point.  The average attendance of EVERY team in the division includes away support, which is also boosted by the stadium capacity (I am comparing apples with apples here)….  It is BECAUSE of their stadium capacity we were able to take over 2,500 fans in September, whereas it is BECAUSE of our stadium capacity we will not be able to return the favour for the return fixture.

Your facts are misleading as Wigan and Plymouth can welcome considerable away support ; but they don't! So the larger ground theme you promote begins to look a little suspect. The bigger ground theme does not always fit in with your MK argument for example Walsall , Wigan and Gillingham fixtures on these occasions MK attendance minus away support fell well short of the 9k you misleadingly used.
See for yourself:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Milton_Keynes_Dons_F.C._season

Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20443 on: November 07, 2017, 11:39:53 am »

Isn't it a beautiful thing, that just by dabbing on a keyboard you can totally reinvent yourself. It's a bit like the cyberspace equivalent of Mr Ben (for our older viewers). You can come home from your mundane run of the mill job, switch on your PC, phone or tablet, and you're off. Within seconds you are whisked away into the virtual world of football club ownership or management. You can pontificate, and deliberate with fellow delusional muppets users about how you could do oh so better. With no responsility, or regard for the facts, you can join mad fcukers like minded folk, who also consider themselves experts at something they know absolutely fcuk all about they watch once a week.

The Hotel End... Ya gotta love it.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #20444 on: November 07, 2017, 11:45:40 am »

Your facts are misleading as Wigan and Plymouth can welcome considerable away support ; but they don't! So the larger ground theme you promote begins to look a little suspect. The bigger ground theme does not always fit in with your MK argument for example Walsall , Wigan and Gillingham fixtures on these occasions MK attendance minus away support fell well short of the 9k you misleadingly used.
See for yourself:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Milton_Keynes_Dons_F.C._season

Not sure what part of my previous response you failed to understand?  I'll try to keep it simple...

I'm not saying MK bring over 9,000 HOME supporters.  I'm saying their average home attendance is over 9,000.  Ours is 5,800 - that also INCLUDES away support.  It is the same pro rata across the board. Whether you want to include or exclude the away fans within the figures, the results are still the same
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20445 on: November 07, 2017, 11:47:09 am »

so as long as our owner is not a criminal everything is fine then Cobblerwatch.

Some of us want an owner who is prepared to take us forward, that believes that Northampton can support Championship football and will actively pursue that.

....of course I'm not saying everything is fine.

Why are you not capable of having a discussion that at least acknowledges correctly what your protagonists say.

It's somewhat like the Brexit discussions "Everything is bad about the EU versus Everything is good about the EU" - intelligent people generally know it's not as simple as that, particularly when they don't know all the facts.

We all want an owner who is prepared to take us forward - you have, by selective use of facts decided KT is not the man - I on the other hand don't know and I somewhat object to the personal insults you feel free to direct at him from the safety of the keyboard. Its entirely legitimate to have different points of view but is it not possible to respect them rather than the somewhat infantile way you ridicule anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view suggesting they are content with mediocrity, unambitious & probably not real supporters.

As for the current hot air - that's exactly what it is because you simply don't have a tangible alternative to the current situations - lots of ideas and suggestions but nothing that you have the power to action.

As for the historical hot air - certainly (and I have acknowledged it many times) the noise made during the death throws (and earlier) of the Cardoza regime were certainly instrumental in rescuing the club, although again (because I like to look at all the facts) probably not the sole contribution to saving the club.

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20446 on: November 07, 2017, 11:48:48 am »

Isn't it a beautiful thing, that just by dabbing on a keyboard you can totally reinvent yourself. It's a bit like the cyberspace equivalent of Mr Ben (for our older viewers). You can come home from your mundane run of the mill job, switch on your PC, phone or tablet, and you're off. Within seconds you are whisked away into the virtual world of football club ownership or management. You can pontificate, and deliberate with fellow delusional muppets users about how you could do oh so better. With no responsility, or regard for the facts, you can join mad fcukers like minded folk, who also consider themselves experts at something they know absolutely fcuk all about they watch once a week.

The Hotel End... Ya gotta love it.  Grin

Brilliant.............
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20447 on: November 07, 2017, 12:05:40 pm »

AND YOUR ALTERNATIVE IS?

They are not queueing up to put money into NTFC!
We actually do have an alternative to being hung out to dry while waiting free land from nbc in the hope NTFC see some growth, (never going to happen) and that is for them to either sell up the club as a going concern to those better equipped or work with the fans and town and build up little by little some sustainable growth that our whole catchment can buy onto and feel they at long last have a proper progressive club to follow...
So basically we need to become a football club and not just a land grabbers means to facilitate their goals.
Working towards a 10k capacity and a dozen boxes /bar and restaurant that attracts better gates,  corperate money and subsequently better players and league position,  is a what we need to aim for.
Thomas is showing he has no interest in our clubs future and should be considering selling us on.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20448 on: November 07, 2017, 12:07:20 pm »

Brilliant.............
Really...?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20449 on: November 07, 2017, 12:09:38 pm »

Not sure what part of my previous response you failed to understand?  I'll try to keep it simple...

I'm not saying MK bring over 9,000 HOME supporters.  I'm saying their average home attendance is over 9,000.  Ours is 5,800 - that also INCLUDES away support.  It is the same pro rata across the board. Whether you want to include or exclude the away fans within the figures, the results are still the same

Ha Ha the patronising "I'll keep it simple..."

I didn't or even mean 9k home support. I know what you wrote! I also appreciate the pro rata element of attendance statistics.
The simple fact is that you used MK Dons Statistics in such a way to mislead readers and of course to further your argument.
You have also failed to explain why Wigan, Plymouth and even Oxford have failed to meet your criteria of "bigger grounds syndrome". Good luck with your thesis!
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #20450 on: November 07, 2017, 12:15:40 pm »

We actually do have an alternative to being hung out to dry while waiting free land from nbc in the hope NTFC see some growth, (never going to happen) and that is for them to either sell up the club as a going concern to those better equipped or work with the fans and town and build up little by little some sustainable growth that our whole catchment can buy onto and feel they at long last have a proper progressive club to follow...
So basically we need to become a football club and not just a land grabbers means to facilitate their goals.
Working towards a 10k capacity and a dozen boxes /bar and restaurant that attracts better gates,  corperate money and subsequently better players and league position,  is a what we need to aim for.
Thomas is showing he has no interest in our clubs future and should be considering selling us on.

It's a suggestion but one you have no power to action (therefore not an alternative) & indeed no evidence it would give better results - but I guess that's why you can continue the point ad nauseum, logic being because you can't make it happen no one can ever prove you were right or wrong
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20451 on: November 07, 2017, 12:38:51 pm »

It's a suggestion but one you have no power to action (therefore not an alternative) & indeed no evidence it would give better results - but I guess that's why you can continue the point ad nauseum, logic being because you can't make it happen no one can ever prove you were right or wrong
We do have the power to keep our £24 in our pockets than inadvertently prolonging our clubs demise..
The fan base have  the power, which is starting to show,  Thomas would do well to remember this if hes planning a third year of inactivity.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20452 on: November 07, 2017, 12:59:53 pm »

I didn't or even mean 9k home support. I know what you wrote! I also appreciate the pro rata element of attendance statistics.
The simple fact is that you used MK Dons Statistics in such a way to mislead readers and of course to further your argument.
You have also failed to explain why Wigan, Plymouth and even Oxford have failed to meet your criteria of "bigger grounds syndrome". Good luck with your thesis!

Evers, to suggest Wigan can accommodate large away support - but don't...is frankly, silly! Whilst we take 200 up there on a Tuesday night and so might Walsall, The Latics are returning to the Championship, where regular 3000+ away followings will be the norm - if not every home game. That's not even considering their stay or possible return to the Prem!

Plymouth, well choose a place on the outter reaches of the Solar System, somewhere between Tavistock and Pluto to suit your agenda!
Nevertheless, great stadium, able to accommodate (often getting 9000+) in the lower divisions and a good atmosphere.

I love going there..,Plymouth, not Pluto that is!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 13:02:00 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20453 on: November 07, 2017, 13:00:35 pm »

We do have the power to keep our £24 in our pockets than inadvertently prolonging our clubs demise..
The fan base have  the power, which is starting to show,  Thomas would do well to remember this if hes planning a third year of inactivity.

Indeed you do - good luck in changing the world
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #20454 on: November 07, 2017, 14:00:25 pm »

Give me strength...
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #20455 on: November 07, 2017, 14:41:53 pm »

once again, our hot air does eventually wake some people up. We know it takes a long time, we have to keep repeating it until people like you final realise, perhaps for many that will be when we are in the bottom of league 2 !

Please tell me how KT has taken NTFC forward in the last 12 months, I would be happy to debate this and acknowledge your reply. Also please tell me how you think KT might take us forward in the next 12 months and why I should stick with him.
Also please point out how this latest investment and new owners have changed ANYTHING??

Hammy either stop reading this board or shut up mate please. Just cos you are happy and pally with KT doesn't mean others are. In terms of no say / can't do nothing then the same goes for every single comment on this messageboard regarding players, managers, systems, transfers, etc etc. I mean your comparing Andy Kirk to Billy Sharp didn't change a think, Kirk went off the scotland whilst Sharp played in Prem ? I think  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20456 on: November 07, 2017, 14:48:33 pm »

This thread gets more and more like watching a soap opera every day.

I look forward to every extra page like a new episode, it is quite entertaining.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20457 on: November 07, 2017, 14:49:52 pm »

once again, our hot air does eventually wake some people up. We know it takes a long time, we have to keep repeating it until people like you final realise, perhaps for many that will be when we are in the bottom of league 2 !

Please tell me how KT has taken NTFC forward in the last 12 months, I would be happy to debate this and acknowledge your reply. Also please tell me how you think KT might take us forward in the next 12 months and why I should stick with him.
Also please point out how this latest investment and new owners have changed ANYTHING??

Hammy either stop reading this board or shut up mate please. Just cos you are happy and pally with KT doesn't mean others are. In terms of no say / can't do nothing then the same goes for every single comment on this messageboard regarding players, managers, systems, transfers, etc etc. I mean your comparing Andy Kirk to Billy Sharp didn't change a think, Kirk went off the scotland whilst Sharp played in Prem ? I think  Grin

There's this strange thing called form... Let me explain. You can have two players doing equally well and looking on target for great things. One succeeds and one don't.  Who'd have thought that  Grin

I've not said you can't say anything. I'd actively encourage you to do so. Every time you open your mouth it saves me telling people you're a fool.....  Tongue

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #20458 on: November 07, 2017, 15:26:38 pm »

I'm not getting involved in this nonsense.

Sure is a good read though. Particularly at bedtime, because it sends me off to sleep just fine  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20459 on: November 07, 2017, 15:33:34 pm »

Evers, to suggest Wigan can accommodate large away support - but don't...r possible return to the Prem!

Wigan have a PL and Ch Stadium but their current attendance is below 9k.  Smashing ground but dont attract huge away attendance to bolster their attendance a la MK. They ought to be downsizing whilst in L1  Grin

Hope you get my point!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 15:37:06 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: