The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:02:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821888 times)
Barty and 69 Guests are viewing this topic.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20460 on: November 07, 2017, 15:35:16 pm »

Give me strength...

Not on here you wont unless the numpties join you - good luck on your quest
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20461 on: November 07, 2017, 16:21:37 pm »

I'm not getting involved in this nonsense.

Oh no  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20462 on: November 07, 2017, 18:04:08 pm »

This forum is a place where Cobblers supporters can air their views on all things NTFC. We can agree or disagree with the views expressed and if we disagree set out our reasons should we be so minded.  Contributors should be free to express their opinions without being subjected to insulting responses about their intelligence and so on. 

A particular word to the "Administrator", Terryfenwickatemyhamster, just remember sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #20463 on: November 07, 2017, 18:17:18 pm »

We actually do have an alternative to being hung out to dry while waiting free land from nbc in the hope NTFC see some growth, (never going to happen) and that is for them to either sell up the club as a going concern to those better equipped or work with the fans and town and build up little by little some sustainable growth that our whole catchment can buy onto and feel they at long last have a proper progressive club to follow...
So basically we need to become a football club and not just a land grabbers means to facilitate their goals.
Working towards a 10k capacity and a dozen boxes /bar and restaurant that attracts better gates,  corperate money and subsequently better players and league position,  is a what we need to aim for.
Thomas is showing he has no interest in our clubs future and should be considering selling us on.

To whom? I haven't heard of anyone. I assume you have.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20464 on: November 07, 2017, 18:21:20 pm »

A particular word to the "Administrator", Terryfenwickatemyhamster, just remember sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

That's why I save for the lowest forms of life  Tongue

Fear not Vintage. I value free speech and conjecture as much as the next man. But I reserve the right to take the pi$$ to my hearts content.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20465 on: November 07, 2017, 21:42:59 pm »

To whom? I haven't heard of anyone. I assume you have.
unfortunately we are not up for sale or what seems now, very unlikely  as we have now gone all cryptic with new Chinese 'owners' who have a 60% share in possibly not  ntfc but something new known as Northampton ventures? which might have been  set up to  siphon off the land that they thought the council would stupidly hand over unconditionally?
 Does this sound like a good club worth some investment into its growth?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #20466 on: November 07, 2017, 23:53:23 pm »

Isn't it a beautiful thing, that just by dabbing on a keyboard you can totally reinvent yourself. It's a bit like the cyberspace equivalent of Mr Ben (for our older viewers). You can come home from your mundane run of the mill job, switch on your PC, phone or tablet, and you're off. Within seconds you are whisked away into the virtual world of football club ownership or management. You can pontificate, and deliberate with fellow delusional muppets users about how you could do oh so better. With no responsility, or regard for the facts, you can join mad fcukers like minded folk, who also consider themselves experts at something they know absolutely fcuk all about they watch once a week.

The Hotel End... Ya gotta love it.  Grin

Or some come home to become pompous patronising cunts.

Mr Ben was great but he was obviously unemployed and lied to Mrs Ben about what he was doing during the day, dressing up for work but going off to play fancy dress games instead. What do dress up in during the daytime Tel?

You've just tarred the majority of all football forum users with the same brush. Everyone can now stop commenting on football matters too, unless you've actually professionally played in or managed a football league team of course.

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #20467 on: November 08, 2017, 06:38:11 am »

unfortunately we are not up for sale or what seems now, very unlikely  as we have now gone all cryptic with new Chinese 'owners' who have a 60% share in possibly not  ntfc but something new known as Northampton ventures? which might have been  set up to  siphon off the land that they thought the council would stupidly hand over unconditionally?
 Does this sound like a good club worth some investment into its growth?

Northampton Town Ventures is only as new as the original takeover by KT and his business partners. Most football clubs have holding companies.  Keep up with the Fantastical posts.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest2235

« Reply #20468 on: November 08, 2017, 10:12:22 am »

Isn't it a beautiful thing, that just by dabbing on a keyboard you can totally reinvent yourself. It's a bit like the cyberspace equivalent of Mr Ben (for our older viewers). You can come home from your mundane run of the mill job, switch on your PC, phone or tablet, and you're off. Within seconds you are whisked away into the virtual world of football club ownership or management. You can pontificate, and deliberate with fellow delusional muppets users about how you could do oh so better. With no responsility, or regard for the facts, you can join mad fcukers like minded folk, who also consider themselves experts at something they know absolutely fcuk all about they watch once a week.

The Hotel End... Ya gotta love it.  Grin
How dare you? You can't describe my job as mundane and run of the mill, I'm the person who makes sure no hairy pork scratchings make it into the packet
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20469 on: November 08, 2017, 11:30:26 am »

Please tell me how KT has taken NTFC forward in the last 12 months, I would be happy to debate this and acknowledge your reply. Also please tell me how you think KT might take us forward in the next 12 months and why I should stick with him.
Also please point out how this latest investment and new owners have changed ANYTHING??

This seems to be somewhat fundamental in respect of your (mis)understanding of debate - ie you can't imply someone has said something they actually have not & then use your wisdom against those points.

I have never stated KT has taken us forward,I have no idea how he might take us forward in the next 12 months & to date I have seen no tangible change as a result of new owners.

Having cleared that up - hopefully to your full understanding this is actually what I have said throughout this thread -

(1) For the 45 plus years I have been following the club no one has taken the club forward to the levels you and I would both like.
(2) Derek Banks delivered a little but financial limitations ended his reign. 
(3) The Cardoza years promised much and delivered even less.
(4) The Sixfields move was important but lacked the ambition we are now talking about  (It could have been worse as the original design was actually a  4000 capacity)
(5) KT has been at the helm just 2 years (that is less than 3% of the time period I'm talking about)
(6) In that time we have had one season that surpassed all expectation and another grim one that just saw survival - net/net promotion and maintained league position.
(7) Seemingly financially secure - a few minor improvements (Seats back in the lower east, e-ticketing facilities) - but agreed nothing revolutionary.
(8}  A sell to or buy out to a Chinese group - disappointingly sparse on information but likely to maintain financial security at least for the medium term

With me so far? - this is what I'm actually saying & I think you would be hard pressed to disagree given I even qualify some statements with the word seemingly, likely and disappointingly.

Now for the points we disagree on -

(9) Fundamentally I disagree with yours and others view that a fans collective or a modestly rich local consortium can take the club forward to level we want - they never have in the past and despite asking the question have never seen examples where that type of sustained success has been achieved - sustained successful clubs have always had a money man in parallel to internal investment (football and non football) for revenue generation - you can argue this one with fag packet economics as long as you want but it simply does not fly.
(10) Different from you I'm prepared (with just 2 years of the 4 decades that have passed) to give KT the benefit of the doubt - you cut through the complexities of land leases, building costs, relationships with councils, return on investment with the cavalier approach only afforded to you because you are simply putting down an opinion rather than an actual investment - in the real word there is quite a lot of difference.
(11) KT may or may not be the messiah but whilst there may be an argument he has been slow (in your opinion) & agreed certainly not the most detailed communicator I do not feel his actions warrant the somewhat abusive tone you and your cohorts use.
(12) Finally - whilst you clear sense of "entitlement" to something better jumps out on every missive the reality is, at this point in time there is simply (other than Bed's withholding his 24 pounds) no alternative.         

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20470 on: November 08, 2017, 15:00:37 pm »

Or some come home to become pompous patronising cunts.

Grin Grin Grin Something you should work on rectifying perhaps?

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20471 on: November 08, 2017, 15:17:53 pm »

Or some come home to become pompous patronising veretrum!

Terry got you there Xile? Cool
Report Spam   Logged

CallMeJoe

View Profile
« Reply #20472 on: November 08, 2017, 15:43:25 pm »

Does anyone on here have the actual knowledge of being able to advise me how much NTFC is worth, or what the present owners are hoping to achieve financially?
Further more, any idea on annual running costs?

Thanks very much in advance
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20473 on: November 08, 2017, 17:55:14 pm »

Does anyone on here have the actual knowledge of being able to advise me how much NTFC is worth, or what the present owners are hoping to achieve financially?

Breaking even on easily  achievable  average gates of 6000 due a vast untapped catchment plus sky monies etc, so a very much an attractive proposition if ever put up for sale on an open market.
The value however may be inflated to include the possible opportunity to get hold of some free council lands that are adjacent the ground so taking this into consideration could add millions to put off would be buyers?
I would value the club at £1 m  but inflated to unsaleable £10m if the Council grants leasehold etc .. so let's hope they don't.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20474 on: November 08, 2017, 18:16:47 pm »

This seems to be somewhat fundamental in respect of your (mis)understanding of debate - ie you can't imply someone has said something they actually have not & then use your wisdom against those points.

I have never stated KT has taken us forward,I have no idea how he might take us forward in the next 12 months & to date I have seen no tangible change as a result of new owners.

Having cleared that up - hopefully to your full understanding this is actually what I have said throughout this thread -

(1) For the 45 plus years I have been following the club no one has taken the club forward to the levels you and I would both like.
(2) Derek Banks delivered a little but financial limitations ended his reign. 
(3) The Cardoza years promised much and delivered even less.
(4) The Sixfields move was important but lacked the ambition we are now talking about  (It could have been worse as the original design was actually a  4000 capacity)
(5) KT has been at the helm just 2 years (that is less than 3% of the time period I'm talking about)
(6) In that time we have had one season that surpassed all expectation and another grim one that just saw survival - net/net promotion and maintained league position.
(7) Seemingly financially secure - a few minor improvements (Seats back in the lower east, e-ticketing facilities) - but agreed nothing revolutionary.
(8}  A sell to or buy out to a Chinese group - disappointingly sparse on information but likely to maintain financial security at least for the medium term

With me so far? - this is what I'm actually saying & I think you would be hard pressed to disagree given I even qualify some statements with the word seemingly, likely and disappointingly.

Now for the points we disagree on -

(9) Fundamentally I disagree with yours and others view that a fans collective or a modestly rich local consortium can take the club forward to level we want - they never have in the past and despite asking the question have never seen examples where that type of sustained success has been achieved - sustained successful clubs have always had a money man in parallel to internal investment (football and non football) for revenue generation - you can argue this one with fag packet economics as long as you want but it simply does not fly.
(10) Different from you I'm prepared (with just 2 years of the 4 decades that have passed) to give KT the benefit of the doubt - you cut through the complexities of land leases, building costs, relationships with councils, return on investment with the cavalier approach only afforded to you because you are simply putting down an opinion rather than an actual investment - in the real word there is quite a lot of difference.
(11) KT may or may not be the messiah but whilst there may be an argument he has been slow (in your opinion) & agreed certainly not the most detailed communicator I do not feel his actions warrant the somewhat abusive tone you and your cohorts use.
(12) Finally - whilst you clear sense of "entitlement" to something better jumps out on every missive the reality is, at this point in time there is simply (other than Bed's withholding his 24 pounds) no alternative.         

You 'fundamentally' disagree that Northampton Town supporters and a local consortium working together to build up the club in a steady sensible way, taking it to a level we want, which is min 10k capacity, dozen corperate boxes etc,  you reckon is Doomed to failure, but  a short term outside consortium who are all hell bent on getting free land is a better option?
I think Cardoza and the Bushey boys have told us that it might not be the best option.
Our only hope of getting off the floor has to involve our supporters and genuine owners who want the best for our clubs future, so unless Thomas has had a major change of heart, he needs to sell up and  move onto his next project asap.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #20475 on: November 08, 2017, 18:20:12 pm »

With no land....a wage bill which must well surpass the current gate receipts and several unsellable players on tied in contracts. Two tough away games from a potential money spinning third round FA cup tie. An unfinished stadium with no conference facilities beyond a room with a kitchen. Zero assets. If it was run by locals our squad would be threadbare in comparison, not that this squad is doing a lot of good for us.
I reckon you'd struggle to get anyone to take the liabilities, it'd be like talking Chinese to someone.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20476 on: November 08, 2017, 18:33:49 pm »

Come on Random that's an invitation for you to clarify your position?
Report Spam   Logged

CallMeJoe

View Profile
« Reply #20477 on: November 08, 2017, 19:43:22 pm »

Well that's two VERY differing replies. But genuinely, say I wanted to buy the club, how much would I be paying? £3m ? More?
And would input of £1m per year be enough to pay the clubs way?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20478 on: November 08, 2017, 19:48:26 pm »

Well that's two VERY differing replies. But genuinely, say I wanted to buy the club, how much would I be paying? £3m ? More?

Come on chaps help him out!
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #20479 on: November 08, 2017, 20:21:23 pm »

If sure if you emailed KT you could set up a meeting. Take your cheque book and remember to read any small print. £1m a year would keep you JFH and he probably have to play up front.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: