The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:20:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822953 times)
singcobb and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20500 on: November 10, 2017, 07:29:03 am »

A couple of good & accurate posts by GPR.  I would just add the reminder that the ground expansion is not only about the number of seats, cash sales on the day and so on.  Expansion is also about the pressing need for the club to boost revenue first to help sustain its position in L1 with better players and then maybe higher.  As Sixfields is today and has been since its opening there is no incentive for supporters to arrive early or stay late to have a drink in a bar or coffee lounge or something else.  Outside of match days there is absolutely nothing except the cub shop. As I commented earlier in the week, my visits this year to Sixways, Worcester RFC and The Ricoh both on non-match days was eye opening.  Worcester also has a John Lloyd Leisure Centre built close to the main stand. It looked to be very busy.

The frustration is we do not know what are our present owners plans or ambitions. As time has passed KT has said less and less.  The recent staged interviews on his return from a month os so in the USA on his other business were superficial.  Beds may be right to an extent on our current ownership but I dismiss his comments of other local buyers being out there in the form of a "local consortium" and ready with the dosh as nonsense.

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #20501 on: November 10, 2017, 07:59:38 am »

Couple of extra points. Cardoza's original development partners were LXB who were frustrated in their development plans and went on to create Rushden Lakes. Would things have turned out differently if their early plans had been realised? Who knows.

I would not be sticking housing on that land in a million years.

Here's news of a 2014 report which exposed the hazards of the site including asbestos, solvents and metals. (also a pic of the plans).

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/report-highlights-potential-gas-chemical-and-asbestos-issues-1-6332247
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20502 on: November 10, 2017, 08:19:46 am »

Good point raised by meccano about land contamination.  This probably rules out housing development and with these issues must affect the land value.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #20503 on: November 13, 2017, 12:25:52 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/kelvin_thomas_facebookqa_nov17/

As part of the club’s commitment to communication and openness with supporters, Northampton Town Chairman Kelvin Thomas will take part in a social media Q&A with supporters on Wednesday evening.

The Cobblers Chairman will be available on the club's official Facebook page - facebook.com/northamptontownfc for a question and answer session with supporters from 7pm until 8pm on Wednesday.

To take part, please look out for the thread that will appear on the club's Facebook page at 7pm on Wednesday inviting your questions for the Chairman.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #20504 on: November 13, 2017, 14:38:03 pm »

Good point raised by meccano about land contamination.  This probably rules out housing development and with these issues must affect the land value.

I wouldn't say that report was scaremongering but you can pretty much build anywhere after the relevant remediation. I live a stone throw away and had to jump through hoops before I could complete on a 12 year old house. I had to request the evidence of remediation from the original builder, get a copy of the original site plan, pay for a fast track Radon test and was knocking on my prospective neighbours doors to see if their children had 6 fingers.
If they were able to build Sixfields originally, that's without the host of businesses along the rollercoaster road, they'd be able to build housing on that plot of land. It just may be that it wouldn't be as straightforward as they were hoping (although pretty obvious that landfill is complicated to complete remediation on) and therefore pricing it out for some property developers. Always thought it was a strange place
to plonk houses, the clue is in the chimneys.

Maybe the FB session will reveal that, the Chinese links to 'education' and much, much more...but it is better to under promise and over deliver. 
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #20505 on: November 13, 2017, 16:19:57 pm »

There you go Beds a good chance to get your questions over to KT. Just ask if there is a development master plan and what it entails. Job done.

RE the contamination I seem to remember a portion of the Sixfields site was underlined with concrete after being made safe. Think this is why the pitch is dead flat while the rest undulates so there may be a hefty piece of land that needs expensive work done on it. Cardoza's plans had x millions towards making the site safe I recall in the midsts of time.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20506 on: November 13, 2017, 19:39:53 pm »

There you go Beds a good chance to get your questions over to KT. Just ask if there is a development master plan and what it entails. Job done.

RE the contamination I seem to remember a portion of the Sixfields site was underlined with concrete after being made safe. Think this is why the pitch is dead flat while the rest undulates so there may be a hefty piece of land that needs expensive work done on it. Cardoza's plans had x millions towards making the site safe I recall in the midsts of time.
I'm hoping it's not yet another excuse filled session with NBC taking all the blame for the latest on going delays.
We also get to hear about what exactly Northampton Ventures are and it's benefits to our club.
The Chinese investment, are they going to actually invest and in what, ground/ players?
Should help clear up the uncertainty surrounding our much needed development.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20507 on: November 13, 2017, 20:54:42 pm »

I'm hoping it's not yet another excuse filled session with NBC taking all the blame for the latest on going delays.
We also get to hear about what exactly Northampton Ventures are and it's benefits to our club.
The Chinese investment, are they going to actually invest and in what, ground/ players?
Should help clear up the uncertainty surrounding our much needed development.

..... so somewhat negative predictions on the outcome but no confirmation of questions you will be asking - more than a slight impression you actually wallow in the uncertainty and actually might be disappointed if real sensible and optimistic answers ensued.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20508 on: November 13, 2017, 21:37:28 pm »

..... so somewhat negative predictions on the outcome but no confirmation of questions you will be asking - more than a slight impression you actually wallow in the uncertainty and actually might be disappointed if real sensible and optimistic answers ensued.

You can lead a horse to water........
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20509 on: November 14, 2017, 07:17:28 am »

If he announced ntfc/ventures/Chinese have decided that we will get a 3000 capacity increase and some corperate boxes, I will be delighted.
Finally able to move our club forward.
He must have some good news for us this time.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20510 on: November 14, 2017, 08:49:40 am »

If he announced ntfc/ventures/Chinese have decided that we will get a 3000 capacity increase and some corperate boxes, I will be delighted.
Finally able to move our club forward.
He must have some good news for us this time.

I have a sinking feeling you are a sandwich short of a picnic?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20511 on: November 14, 2017, 08:57:49 am »

Whatever are our different points of view on this vexed topic we all, Beds included, have the opportunity of asking the Chairman the pertinent questions on Facebook tomorrow night.

Some are forecasting an announcement of some sort will precede the Q & A to take the sting out of the situation. I have no idea about that but if not I expect some direct and forceful questions.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #20512 on: November 14, 2017, 12:27:33 pm »

Whatever are our different points of view on this vexed topic we all, Beds included, have the opportunity of asking the Chairman the pertinent questions on Facebook tomorrow night.

Some are forecasting an announcement of some sort will precede the Q & A to take the sting out of the situation. I have no idea about that but if not I expect some direct and forceful questions.

What will actually happen is that anyone who asks a direct or forceful question will be shouted down (in a keyboard way) by other fans, with comments such as 'He's already told us that its legal issues'. or 'He's done loads for the club' etc.  Such comments will attract countless 'likes' as well!  Grin

I look forward to it immensely, should be rather entertaining!

Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #20513 on: November 14, 2017, 12:44:02 pm »

It would be good if he can come out and say what is proposed for the East Stand even if there are legal issues over the lease I don't see why he cant say if we get the lease this is what we will  build and show us the proposal, and if we don't get what we want with the lease this is what we will build and show us that proposal. I can't see how that is not possible.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20514 on: November 14, 2017, 15:45:35 pm »

What will actually happen is that anyone who asks a direct or forceful question will be shouted down (in a keyboard way) by other fans, with comments such as 'He's already told us that its legal issues'. or 'He's done loads for the club' etc.  Such comments will attract countless 'likes' as well!  Grin

Kind of agree. I also think we are kidding ourselves if anything will come out of it that is different to what we already know. Unless there is some form of announcement beforehand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20515 on: November 14, 2017, 15:57:08 pm »

A good question would be :

If the council grant no additional permissions on the land and want nothing more to do with us , how does that affect the stand build and are Venture happy to continue supporting the club .?

KT would no doubt waffle on with a non committal answer - but surely this is the type of thing we all need to know .
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20516 on: November 15, 2017, 08:00:14 am »

A good question would be :

If the council grant no additional permissions on the land and want nothing more to do with us , how does that affect the stand build and are Venture happy to continue supporting the club .?

KT would no doubt waffle on with a non committal answer - but surely this is the type of thing we all need to know .

Then ask it!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20517 on: November 15, 2017, 10:10:44 am »

It might be worthwhile that those who propose to ask questions consider the words they use. No point in putting hostile questions which puts KT on back foot. We have been here before. I really hope that those who are critical of the Redevelopment progress make coherent comments/queries. It’s a case of put up or shut up 🤐.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #20518 on: November 15, 2017, 13:01:38 pm »

Can’t be bothered to scroll back, has Beds come up with any sensible questions yet?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20519 on: November 15, 2017, 13:35:15 pm »

Can’t be bothered to scroll back, has Beds come up with any sensible questions yet?
Yes, but you'll  need to scroll back 700 pages.

Its no a coincidence that when Thomas or any previous chairman are given critisism for inactivity or lack of clarity as to their objectives and the implications their actions could have on our clubs future, they are very quick to show they are not being slippery and do a social media / supporters meeting thingy.
There's not a single concern of ours on here  they've not read, and after last weeks in-depth discussions and suppositions its
 Brought about this hastily arranged tet e tet😂
Good work also by NTFC supporters trust in helping with getting this arranged.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: