The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:52:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819852 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20520 on: November 15, 2017, 13:35:59 pm »

Then ask it!

Precisely!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #20521 on: November 15, 2017, 13:54:55 pm »

Yes, but you'll  need to scroll back 700 pages.

Its no a coincidence that when Thomas or any previous chairman are given critisism for inactivity or lack of clarity as to their objectives and the implications their actions could have on our clubs future, they are very quick to show they are not being slippery and do a social media / supporters meeting thingy.
There's not a single concern of ours on here  they've not read, and after last weeks in-depth discussions and suppositions its
 Brought about this hastily arranged tet e tet😂
Good work also by NTFC supporters trust in helping with getting this arranged.

BedsCobb. I agree with a lot of your points but you do plough a pretty lonely furrow on your overall consistent downer on the chairman. It may be that you are anti-establishment, which is fine and you are 100% entitled to your views. You are banned from Facebook, OK. It is difficult to see why someone who spends so many posts making observations on here and other Facebook pages (if you are the other DC) won't post up some straight forward questions. You seem to want to avoid any opportunity of direct/indirect contact with the source of the answers.
Of course you don't have to, that is your right but it leaves you with less credibility than those you post complaining about. I'd take the opportunity in a safe environment with both hands and don't understand why anyone wouldn't. If you don't, all you are left with is background noise.
Ask questions about the land, the Chinese and plans to develop the ground. If anyone gets hammered for that they deserve a timely reminder of recent history when a few chose to challenge our then chairman.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20522 on: November 15, 2017, 16:22:47 pm »

Yes, but you'll  need to scroll back 700 pages.

Its no a coincidence that when Thomas or any previous chairman are given critisism for inactivity or lack of clarity as to their objectives and the implications their actions could have on our clubs future, they are very quick to show they are not being slippery and do a social media / supporters meeting thingy.

If that was the case this could have happened at any time since he took over. He has always been prey to a degree of criticism, so I doubt if anything on here or elsewhere has spurred him on to respond. You also have to take into account that he has always been very approachable, both in person and via emails etc.

I can't speak for him. But if I was him, I would find your comments and stance the least likely to challenge. First of all, most of what you say, shows very little business acumen. Couple that with the fact that you genuinely do seem to have an axe to grind with him on some personal level, and what you are left with is someone who has effectively painted them self into a corner. It's been mentioned a few times, that you have become a bit of a hotelend mascot. Our very own Citizen Smith caricature. You absolutely raise some very salient points. Unfortunately they are all too frequently punctuated with kindergarten business plans, and paranoid overtones. If you set out to get attention for the cause you so clearly believe you are fighting, then well done. I’m just not sure the type of attention you get, is any use to you, or to the point you so poorly make…..

But... And I stand by it. I admire your tenacity. And it could well be, that it is me who just doesn't get it.  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #20523 on: November 15, 2017, 16:40:22 pm »

Come on Dave ask him the pertinent questions at 7pm. Not a ramble but questions that can be answered so we can see answers or swerves.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20524 on: November 15, 2017, 20:59:17 pm »

If that was the case this could have happened at any time since he took over. He has always been prey to a degree of criticism, so I doubt if anything on here or elsewhere has spurred him on to respond. You also have to take into account that he has always been very approachable, both in person and via emails etc.

I can't speak for him. But if I was him, I would find your comments and stance the least likely to challenge. First of all, most of what you say, shows very little business acumen. Couple that with the fact that you genuinely do seem to have an axe to grind with him on some personal level, and what you are left with is someone who has effectively painted them self into a corner. It's been mentioned a few times, that you have become a bit of a hotelend mascot. Our very own Citizen Smith caricature. You absolutely raise some very salient points. Unfortunately they are all too frequently punctuated with kindergarten business plans, and paranoid overtones. If you set out to get attention for the cause you so clearly believe you are fighting, then well done. I’m just not sure the type of attention you get, is any use to you, or to the point you so poorly make…..

But... And I stand by it. I admire your tenacity. And it could well be, that it is me who just doesn't get it.  Grin Grin

I think you mean fúck all business acumen.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20525 on: November 17, 2017, 13:05:14 pm »

Needless to say, we are not alone with infrastructure problems and the knock-on effect.  But in case some don't see or don't want to see the bigger picture take a read of this as it applies to a club not too unlike NTFC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42014186

It is easy to knock Beds and to an extent he sets himself up for criticism as we all know but he is does see that our infrastructure is not good enough and others do not.
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #20526 on: November 17, 2017, 16:26:22 pm »

Needless to say, we are not alone with infrastructure problems and the knock-on effect.  But in case some don't see or don't want to see the bigger picture take a read of this as it applies to a club not too unlike NTFC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42014186

It is easy to knock Beds and to an extent he sets himself up for criticism as we all know but he is does see that our infrastructure is not good enough and others do not.

May I ask - what are you comparing our infrastructure to when you say it is not good enough? And what is it not good enough for - lg1? the town? the supporters? to attract good players/staff?

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: November 17, 2017, 16:41:46 pm »

Are to saying the limit of your ambition is L1? 

But to answer what I think is your question I would say we need to build up the stadium but not just in terms of crowd capacity but also with facilities within the stadium capable of generating income 7 days a week.  Take a look at some of the modern stadiums not too far from Northampton and you will see money earning activities carry on every day.  End result hopefully is an decent budget for the manager and the club becomes a much more attractive proposition for future owners. Beyond the stadium ideally the club would own its own training ground and facilities but I don't think this is on the agenda in the foreseeable future.  If Moulton College decided not to renew the lease when it runs out next year the club would be in a dilemma. 
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #20528 on: November 17, 2017, 16:46:35 pm »

Are to saying the limit of your ambition is L1? 

But to answer what I think is your question I would say we need to build up the stadium but not just in terms of crowd capacity but also with facilities within the stadium capable of generating income 7 days a week.  Take a look at some of the modern stadiums not too far from Northampton and you will see money earning activities carry on every day.  End result hopefully is an decent budget for the manager and the club becomes a much more attractive proposition for future owners. Beyond the stadium ideally the club would own its own training ground and facilities but I don't think this is on the agenda in the foreseeable future.  If Moulton College decided not to renew the lease when it runs out next year the club would be in a dilemma. 

Certainly not limiting ambition, thanks for the response. I'm sure though that Kelvin would agree with all that but you have to realise these things don't move quickly, how long have Bournemouth been a prem side now? How has their ground changed? I agree with the 7 day a week income, you only have to look at places like Caroline Chisholm School to see how facilities can be used outside their usual operating parameters. Is there a need for Northampton to have an Arena such as Coventry's Ricoh. The big hold up for our town has, and likely always will be, been the council. Poor retail decisions have lead to shops moving out of town etc, they just don't seem to have a clue how to expand the Town itself until this happens I think you would be safe to assume the Football club will mirror this. Look at Saints - other than a refurbished stand what leaps and bounds have they made in last ten years?

Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20529 on: November 17, 2017, 17:29:18 pm »

I certainly agree with you about the fact that Northampton has suffered for a very long time from a very poor Council and that extends to all 3 main political parties when they have had control at the Guildhall.  There is something rotten in the borough in the political classes.  Whilst you may be right that the football club mirrors the wider situation in Northampton it needn't be like this.  In my lifetime the population has grown from 100,000 to the present day 230,000 and it will continue to grow.  Add to those numbers a large catchment area and the potential has to be there to grow the club sensibly but ambitiously. 
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20530 on: January 04, 2018, 15:58:03 pm »

Will the Pizza van be making a return?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #20531 on: January 04, 2018, 16:28:07 pm »

This thread will never die.

I see that the area off the Sainsbury's roundabout has been parcelled off ( the bit where the garage/tile shop was ). This adjoins the retail park so would expect an extension of that probably. I may remember incorrectly but thought old DC plans were objected to by that landowner.

South Beds - what do we need? When do we need it?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

guest170

« Reply #20532 on: January 10, 2018, 14:52:53 pm »

Latest video update from Kelvin sounds promising.
Agreement with the council sounds close and may have been signed already if it was for Christmas.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #20533 on: January 10, 2018, 15:08:00 pm »

Latest video update from Kelvin sounds promising.
Agreement with the council sounds close and may have been signed already if it was for Christmas.

Heard it all before, no point getting excited until something actually happens. Let’s see if I need to nudge this post back to the top come the start of next season 😉
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20534 on: January 10, 2018, 15:28:30 pm »

Heard it all before, no point getting excited until something actually happens. Let’s see if I need to nudge this post back to the top come the start of next season 😉

Never let optimism get in the way of pessimism 🙁
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #20535 on: January 10, 2018, 15:28:48 pm »

Is that a light I can see at the end of the tunnel?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #20536 on: January 10, 2018, 15:52:32 pm »

Train coming 🚊
Report Spam   Logged

Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20537 on: January 10, 2018, 16:19:32 pm »

This thread will never die.

I see that the area off the Sainsbury's roundabout has been parcelled off ( the bit where the garage/tile shop was ). This adjoins the retail park so would expect an extension of that probably. I may remember incorrectly but thought old DC plans were objected to by that landowner.

South Beds - what do we need? When do we need it?

Ive heard 2 different plans on this its that it is going to be a Subway and Costa Coffee or Lidl are moving to there and the exit will be on westgate behind the Audi Van Showroom
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20538 on: January 10, 2018, 17:23:10 pm »

Train coming

More likely a train wreck
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #20539 on: January 10, 2018, 17:46:39 pm »

Ive heard 2 different plans on this its that it is going to be a Subway and Costa Coffee or Lidl are moving to there and the exit will be on westgate behind the Audi Van Showroom
Can't see Lidl building a new supermarket about 100m from where they built a new one around 5 years ago
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: