The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 19:55:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1844666 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #20620 on: January 22, 2018, 18:47:20 pm »

No, it'll definitely be because you're a tw@t
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20621 on: January 22, 2018, 18:53:10 pm »

Now now, he isn't.

He is a tedious warbler against Thomas.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20622 on: January 22, 2018, 19:20:25 pm »

It's definitely this.

Couldn't give a bollocks about people being questioned. They're not though. It's one bloke repeating the same s***e. Over. And over. And over.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20623 on: January 22, 2018, 19:58:39 pm »

It's definitely this.

Couldn't give a bollocks about people being questioned. They're not though. It's one bloke repeating the same s***e. Over. And over. And over.
So a 12000 capacity stadium with corperate facilities and a decent supporters bar is '5hite'?
Building an excellent squad of players without the infrastructure to sustain it may also be s***e? It has been the last  3 times we took that route at Sixfields and it didn't end well did it.
I can only assume they will pull a rabbit out of the hat and prove they really have NTFCs future at heart and not trying to bury bad news by spending money that ends up in the clubs lap as previously ?
All suppositions of course but we really must hope you're right and Im actually talking s***e😂
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20624 on: January 22, 2018, 20:57:59 pm »

I'm sorry Marquis, but you are being totally unfair.
Beds has his conspiracy theories and his obvious hatred for anyone who heaven forbid might make something for themselves while while helping the club forward(I wont even mention saving our arses) and in general endlessly spouting bóllox and failing time after time to come up with concrete figures to back up his "facts". He does this continually not only on this thread, but also tries to hijack any other thread that he can.
Oh. You are right, he is a twát.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20625 on: January 22, 2018, 22:26:47 pm »

So a 12000 capacity stadium with corperate facilities and a decent supporters bar is '5hite'?
Building an excellent squad of players without the infrastructure to sustain it may also be s***e? It has been the last  3 times we took that route at Sixfields and it didn't end well did it.
I can only assume they will pull a rabbit out of the hat and prove they really have NTFCs future at heart and not trying to bury bad news by spending money that ends up in the clubs lap as previously ?
All suppositions of course but we really must hope you're right and Im actually talking s***e😂

Point in case.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #20626 on: January 23, 2018, 01:26:52 am »

So because Beds has a different opinion to some he's abused? Well done to all the "experts."

Seven players signed, more coming and one of the biggest squads in the division, who pays?

It's seems very clear that some on here are happy to rack up huge debts to individuals who could possibly destroy the club, yet are seemingly against any significant improvement in the stadium which could offset such costs and possibly improve the playing budget further. Financing the squad is a completely different spectrum to financing development yet completely overlooked. Someone here commented plans to develop the stadium could risk the future of our proud 120 year history, FFS. We're still lucky to have a bloody club! How many times have we rattled tins? I was actually present in court for the latest potential winding up petition.

It is Kelvins intention to develop off field revenue through the stadium as soon as it's legally possible, so it flies in the face of most comments here. I would love those more vocal against development, who are in the position and do attend meetings etc to put him straight and call him a twat too. Isn't that the advice often dished out, go tell the chairman? Well do so.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20627 on: January 23, 2018, 06:32:50 am »

A question from someone who is not a builder (me): The length of time that the East Stand structure has been standing unfinished, will it still be in a safe condition to continue to use that same structure or will substantial work be required or will it need to be demolished and started again?
Its actully water tight and footings steels in place and has a safety certificate to allow 1800 to sit in it every fortnight.
All thats needs is to finish some block work, cladding   fit toilet blocks out, plumbing as drainage in place, lighting.
 Fit  boxes  and bars food kiosk and be up and running last or now next August.
Before anyone chirps up with access..The Council have said get on with it as there's plenty of room as sky sports proven by commanding a box for a commentary position V man utd.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20628 on: January 23, 2018, 08:34:49 am »

Its actully water tight and footings steels in place and has a safety certificate to allow 1800 to sit in it every fortnight.
All thats needs is to finish some block work, cladding   fit toilet blocks out, plumbing as drainage in place, lighting.
 Fit  boxes  and bars food kiosk and be up and running last or now next August.
Before anyone chirps up with access..The Council have said get on with it as there's plenty of room as sky sports proven by commanding a box for a commentary position V man utd.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be Captain Bliss, sailing on the good ship bliss, on the ocean of complete bliss.

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20629 on: January 23, 2018, 09:58:48 am »

So because Beds has a different opinion to some he's abused?

Fair point and whilst the constant repeating of the same message is for many extremely tedious - it is his passionate opinion and he is entitled to air it without abuse.

However be a little cautious on “Kettle and Pot” here as in my opinion Beds comments many based on opinion rather than actual facts come very close to abuse and accusations directed to KT.

Finally and I’m not sure how many times it has to be repeated - stadium infrastructure development guarantees neither financial or on the field success.

..... oh and finally finally when we get the 12,000 capacity and sustained L1 or even Championship status I’m absolutely certain the same voices will be complaining about lack of infrastructure and ambition to strive for bigger and better things.....
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20630 on: January 23, 2018, 10:15:29 am »

If ignorance is bliss, you must be Captain Bliss, sailing on the good ship bliss, on the ocean of complete bliss.

They've actually sent a probe to mars and it took 3 years to get there..
There's absolutely no excuses for taking 3 years to knock that little stand into shape, none.
You're right ignorance can be bliss, its just Im not buying any of it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #20631 on: January 23, 2018, 10:25:24 am »

Finally and I’m not sure how many times it has to be repeated - stadium infrastructure development guarantees neither financial or on the field success.

True, but that could be said of every restaurant, hotel or whatever business, so why do people do it?

Good businesses make money, bad one's lose it, it's that simple.

I would still like to know the alternative or is everyone comfortable with plunging deeper into debt to individuals?

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20632 on: January 23, 2018, 12:35:17 pm »

True, but that could be said of every restaurant, hotel or whatever business, so why do people do it?

Good businesses make money, bad one's lose it, it's that simple.

I would still like to know the alternative or is everyone comfortable with plunging deeper into debt to individuals?

I don’t want to offend your level of understanding of football finances but I really suggest you take a read of the Deloitte’s reports on football finances - just to quote a few key points, the richest clubs in England are in the premiership and only half of them make a profit - the average profit (as a percentage of revenue) is only 4% which as any business person will tell you is barely sustainably. This situation gets considerably worse as you move down the leagues.
Deloitte conclude the majority of clubs are in fact only sustained by individuals who have earned their money elsewhere and the standing joke (probably now needing upgrading for inflation) is “ how do you make £1 million from a football club - answer - by investing £2 million “
Of course there have been and will continue to be opportunists who dip in and out and do make money but they are very much in the minority.
Now no one disagrees a better ground with potential for more revenue generation has to be a positive objective but if you really think this will free us from from the grip of financial dependence on individuals then history, precedence and facts would suggest you are wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #20633 on: January 23, 2018, 21:40:02 pm »

So because Beds has a different opinion to some he's abused? Well done to all the "experts."

Seven players signed, more coming and one of the biggest squads in the division, who pays?

Not you... Stop worrying
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20634 on: January 23, 2018, 21:46:55 pm »

They've actually sent a probe to mars and it took 3 years to get there..

Presumably you could have got the probe to Mars for a couple of hundred quid based on your normal costings?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20635 on: January 23, 2018, 22:06:46 pm »

I don’t want to offend your level of understanding of football finances but I really suggest you take a read of the Deloitte’s reports on football finances - just to quote a few key points, the richest clubs in England are in the premiership and only half of them make a profit - the average profit (as a percentage of revenue) is only 4% which as any business person will tell you is barely sustainably. This situation gets considerably worse as you move down the leagues.
Deloitte conclude the majority of clubs are in fact only sustained by individuals who have earned their money elsewhere and the standing joke (probably now needing upgrading for inflation) is “ how do you make £1 million from a football club - answer - by investing £2 million “
Of course there have been and will continue to be opportunists who dip in and out and do make money but they are very much in the minority.
Now no one disagrees a better ground with potential for more revenue generation has to be a positive objective but if you really think this will free us from from the grip of financial dependence on individuals then history, precedence and facts would suggest you are wrong.

That's a difficult one to answer Exile - be interesting to see your reply.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:36:11 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2934

« Reply #20636 on: January 24, 2018, 02:49:39 am »

You're right cobblerwatch, to an extent and yes I've seen the reports, without looking wasn't it Dave Whelan who coined that phrase? Football is a money pit and few accountants would suggest taking on a club to anyone. What is important and which many of the reports fail to extrapolate is the division between the various income and revenue streams such as merchandise or entertainment, revenue from other sources is included into the huge drain of resources necessary to maintain the football side of things. Lets face it, which footballer is really worth the money? This is why finances are so poor, chasing the dream and if personal investors wish to sink their cash into football to avoid other tax or financial commitments that's up to them.

My experience is with hotel, retail and accommodation developments so in no way connected with football and this is the important factor which you overlook. All of these developments whatever the size make money, in some instances huge returns with regards to the plush apartments and some retail. I have not suggested that any development would fund everything, leaving us free of investors far from it. With football that's not possible but a range of solid returns to the club other than totally relying on individuals makes a lot of sense to stop the reoccurring situation we find ourselves in.

For me, and I know some mock ideas and those for having them, finishing the east to incorporate a range of flexible or modular entertaining and hospitality suites and spaces with excellent pitch view. (Who knows what other sporting or entertaining events may take place in the future) Larger areas non pitch view for small scale indoor events, meetings, weddings, corporate seminars etc. Spaces offering a range of packages. Match-day bars, catering and various other outlets.

I would then love to see an exciting hotel/apartment development wedged between the finished east stand and the south, taking into account joining a later redeveloped south stand to the hotel too. Not just another Travelodge. With a range of affordable rooms but also again with some exciting suites or apartments with country or town view that can be sold off-plan. The views over towards the south of the county are worthy of some plush options if given height. Most importantly though suites with an amazing pitch view as well, again you never know what future events may take place. The hotel would obviously be linked with selling packages for conferences at the stadium too so it makes sense to be able to sell to the top end market too. Think Silverstone, or other local events as well.

With the club properly contracted into an excellent hotel development we could possibly end the days of shaking tins. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever given the correct marketing to be able to fund this development alongside investing in the team without risking the club or any investors.

Looking at the current club finances, such a development would dwarf the current club income, so then if KT & Co. wish to keep sinking cash into the football side of the business the club we could possibly compete at a higher level. It would at least finish the feast and famine.

Separate commercial income and the football and you'll get two different reports, it's up to the owners then if they wish throw their money away on football!

Sorry you asked!  Wink

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20637 on: January 24, 2018, 05:51:34 am »

Exiledinspace - you are assuming the benefit of the surrounding development income/profit comes to NTFC and not elsewhere e.g. Ventures and any investment/development partners.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #20638 on: January 24, 2018, 08:20:51 am »

Exiledinspace - you are assuming the benefit of the surrounding development income/profit comes to NTFC and not elsewhere e.g. Ventures and any investment/development partners.

Of course. There's no way it would get off the ground, literally, without a multitude of partners. The club would have to be a significant shareholder as it would be intrinsically linked within the stadium development, the conference facilities etc. Each facility would require each others services.

The only assumption would be in the clubs owners to look at the clubs best interests rather than individuals when signing contracts. (ahem)

Done properly, it would mean the club has assets and an income rather than just be unwashed tenants with fuck all.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #20639 on: January 24, 2018, 08:46:54 am »

Anything to stop 'Easier games to come' over taking this thread in the popularity stakes.
Until we get a mega bucks owner to wipe out Sixfields and start again I reckon this one will run and run.
It always points back to Cardoza, who totally screwed up the only genuine opportunity to do something with someone else's money. It needed the lure of the surrounding land and I still think Sixfields is a gold mine if the right outlets are chosen. I'm surprised they never put the Nando's there as it would have been regularly rammed from the cinema crowd.

You would have to be a pretty brave businessman to bankroll the development of a tired football ground, trying to recoup and turn a profit on gate receipts, prawn sandwiches and even a hotel. Especially when you are not talking about owners who are likely to hang around for the long haul.
I always struggle with the fact that we have two grounds in the town half a mile apart. Hindsight is great but no one could really say we would have been worse off sharing with the Saints years ago. The synergies and community we would have built there would have made us a better club. I think the history of being a tenant on a three sided car park put a lot of fans off the idea of that.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: