The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:48:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819840 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20700 on: January 26, 2018, 19:28:39 pm »

GPC has got the shareholding mixed up. Ventures owns 83.7% of the issued share capital of the football club, NTFC.  The football club has borrowed from Thomas, Bower & the BVI company £1m+ which loan is secured by Ventures shares in NTFC.  So, if push comes to shove and the lenders enforce their security any time after 31 January 2018 if the loan is not repaid the football club becomes owned by the lenders.

Where, you might well ask, are our illustrious Chines partners, 5USport, in all this. Nowhere I suggest. GPC says that the Chinese own 60% of Ventures.  Do they?

Wake up and smell the coffee guys.
Sounds more like did they...
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20701 on: January 26, 2018, 20:16:34 pm »

Once again the lines of communication seem to have been distorted. I’m afraid the population of Darlington is irrelevant. The only question that is relevant is did the average gate increase following development? It is an indisputable fact that it didnt. I don’t really know how else to communicate this. Trust me, it is also a fact that if you went to the banks with the justifications you offer you would be turned down on sight. As a result it is highly unlikely that you will see your campaign come to fruition unless the club  does a Bournemouth or a benefactor of considerable wealth buys the club. Good luck with it though, stranger things have happened.
would it be better to properly  grow our infrastructure then in 10 years time take stock as to how much things have improved than as Thomas (who wont be around) and many of our fan base want, to stand idle without hope?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20702 on: January 26, 2018, 20:22:52 pm »

would it be better to properly  grow our infrastructure then in 10 years time take stock as to how much things have improved than as Thomas (who wont be around) and many of our fan base want, to stand idle without hope?
Totally agree, however the banks won’t . As a side note I have just put my head through our plaster board wall.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20703 on: January 26, 2018, 21:45:20 pm »

Totally agree, however the banks won’t . As a side note I have just put my head through our plaster board wall.

Beer/Keyboard moment  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20704 on: January 27, 2018, 05:04:08 am »

Since when have banks advocated poor customer service, unfit infrastructure and a zero growth policy?

Small amounts of sustainable growth over a five year period using future revenues, seek  investors who will 'invest'  and many  other tried and tested methods like  stadium naming rights etc.
Doing nothing as we have these past 20 odd years is not a healthy business plan.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20705 on: January 27, 2018, 11:02:41 am »

Since when have banks advocated poor customer service, unfit infrastructure and a zero growth policy?

Small amounts of sustainable growth over a five year period using future revenues, seek  investors who will 'invest'  and many  other tried and tested methods like  stadium naming rights etc.
Doing nothing as we have these past 20 odd years is not a healthy business plan.

Beds, you clearly have a love for the club and are passionate about it which I admire. Consequently I have no wish to be either unkind or disrespectful to you. However, having considerable experience on this subject in a professional capacity I really don’t know how to respond to this post without doing so. So I won’t.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #20706 on: January 27, 2018, 11:27:59 am »

Beds, you clearly have a love for the club and are passionate about it which I admire. Consequently I have no wish to be either unkind or disrespectful to you. However, having considerable experience on this subject in a professional capacity I really don’t know how to respond to this post without doing so. So I won’t.

But you just did
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20707 on: January 27, 2018, 11:32:04 am »

But you just did
Bugger!
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #20708 on: January 27, 2018, 16:50:30 pm »

But you just did

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20709 on: January 29, 2018, 08:58:46 am »

Since when have banks advocated a zero growth policy?

All the time. If you don't have the capital, or growth would be detrimental, they'd absolutely advocate it.

Not that its important. As in the case of NTFC, the zero growth policy is another construct of your made up version of the club, not a fact.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20710 on: January 30, 2018, 11:12:47 am »

Ever tried directly phoning your branch? - if of course it now exists in any town smaller than Kettering!
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20711 on: January 31, 2018, 11:13:58 am »

Call me shortsighted, lacking in business savvy or indeed not a real supporter but I'm considerably more excited about this week's signings than news of 2000 new seats new seats being installed in the ground.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20712 on: January 31, 2018, 11:35:28 am »

Call me shortsighted, lacking in business savvy or indeed not a real supporter but I'm considerably more excited about this week's signings than news of 2000 new seats new seats being installed in the ground.

But it's a moot point; there is no news about 2000 new seats being installed. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20713 on: January 31, 2018, 11:38:04 am »

So am I, as I was  when Atkins built a decent squad and the times we signed Martin Smith, Ian Taylor, Josh Low, Andy Kirk etc,
But its always so short lived with unhappy costly endings.
Hopefully this time the owners can bank roll the club indefinitely without the need to build up the clubs fan base and infrastructure.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20714 on: January 31, 2018, 11:41:15 am »

So am I, as I was  when Atkins built a decent squad and the times we signed Martin Smith, Ian Taylor, Josh Low, Andy Kirk etc,
But its always so short lived with unhappy costly endings.
Hopefully this time the owners can bank roll the club indefinitely without the need to build up the clubs fan base and infrastructure.

I disagree (as indeed you do) - we need both, preferably concurrently but let's enjoy a little sunshine on the pitch short term - whatever you say, short term a bigger stadium will not automatically put bums on seats - a free scoring successful team will.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20715 on: January 31, 2018, 11:52:19 am »

Me too..
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #20716 on: January 31, 2018, 11:52:35 am »

But it's a moot point; there is no news about 2000 new seats being installed. Tongue

Im kind of with Cobblerwatch here. After all, its the football we come to watch week in week out.

For me its a clear journey that the owners/investors are taking us on. Team first, facilities second. Ideally we'd have both running  con-currently but the legalities are the official line as to why thats not happened yet.

I ask myself this question. If I had money, and was prepared to bank roll a lower league football club with huge growth potential, what would be my priority? And my answer to this is 'get the team up into the 2nd tier, take my 4 pack and sausage rolls along to the party (which will be flowing with champagne and prawn sandwiches) and get networking with the high rollers.

The Championship is the 4th most watched league in Europe. That is huge. Its swimming with money. 4 of the bottom 5 have 'super stadia', all ready and waiting for their imminent return to the top table of English and European football (financially). Or not for possibly 3 of them may well be the case.

If little old Northampton Town got there with a relative minimum investment (argument sake less than 5 million losses), then that kind of money would be very easy to re-capture. We are already 'in' with the Chinese business community. Why the hell would you potentially risk all of that by sticking 2000 extra seats in a shoe box of a ground, just so we can flog a few more tickets to the odd away team or make a few extra squid when the big boys come to town…which isn't very often.

The whole of English football has gone financially crazy these last few years, its no longer a game where a small club can organically grow its way to the top of the tree. It needs 20/50/100 million quid chucked at it. Only once in the last 10 years has a team fluked it…Blackpool. Look where they ended up…

I've a strong feeling that in 2-3 years time we will have a 24/7 operation in a modest ground lining up for its first stab at the 2nd tier in over 50 years. At that point our owners will go out looking for more money to take us to the next level, whatever that may be. Thats my theory, just using the Drilling Cobblers very modest business skills in place to put the pieces of the jigsaw together!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:54:37 am by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #20717 on: January 31, 2018, 11:55:23 am »

My thoughts are very much in line with yours on this Drilling, it may be wishful thinking on my part, but, why on earth would someone be throwing money at the squad as we appear to have done this window if that wasn't the case!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #20718 on: January 31, 2018, 12:06:00 pm »

My thoughts are very much in line with yours on this Drilling, it may be wishful thinking on my part, but, why on earth would someone be throwing money at the squad as we appear to have done this window if that wasn't the case!

Absolutely mate…

We know why DC did it…he wanted council support. Plus he was a complete idiot, playing with Daddy's money. Probably more the latter than the former to be fair!

KT is clearly not mega rich, far from it. We of course know little, very little about our real owners.  But he's very clued up. You wouldn't have a plan to just chuck 2 million quid down the drain on making the team half decent in the short term without a full on plan to recoup that investment somewhere further down the line. Ego clearly doesn't come into it, which is the main reason why so many football club owners have done that in the past. We don't even know who these guys are ffs!!

It might all go bellies up, but quite frankly that would be the case with any owner or indeed a fan run club. R&D was run by its fans, Chester (AFC) are just 10 years old and the buckets have come out again this last week. We have to trust them, but at the same time continue to press the one we do know (KT) for valuable information and assurances, he is the custodian, whilst we are here for life. Which NTST are trying to do constantly.

In the meantime though its great we are splashing a bit of £££ around, allowing us all to dream a little bit!

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20719 on: January 31, 2018, 13:32:16 pm »

Can see the point of view Drilling with regards waiting, but can also see the other side as well. There have been quite a few times where we have had a good team, investment has been made in the playing squad and we have achieved on pitch success. But, apart from a couple of hundred extra seats and an extra door in the toilets, the Stadium is the same now as it was 24 years ago.
The success of the 60s,  promotion in the 70s and 80s and nothing was ever done to build on that and the Club soon found itself back where it started with the same basic off field problems.
My main concern is, and remains, the lack of any information and plans as to what the Club are aiming to achieve off the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 [1036] 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: