The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:09:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816720 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20740 on: February 06, 2018, 14:42:55 pm »

With the current predicament of the council I can’t see anything being resolved anytime soon.

You are referring to the County Council. KT is waiting for the Borough Council, different authorities.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #20741 on: February 07, 2018, 04:18:48 am »

I blame the Cockerill trust for all this bloody mess...
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #20742 on: February 07, 2018, 09:14:29 am »

You ask him. He will have exactly the same regard for you, as he does the Trust.

Also... The Trust are busy organising a sponsored Knitathon.  Tongue Wink
I told you, when you were on the Trust board, that we were too busy to organise the knitting event and that you would have to do it yourself  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20743 on: February 07, 2018, 10:40:30 am »

Nothing is gonna happen soon then.

Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20744 on: February 07, 2018, 11:03:55 am »

The redevelopment thread in a nutshell.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #20745 on: February 07, 2018, 13:07:19 pm »

What makes you say that ?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #20746 on: February 08, 2018, 08:24:19 am »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/kelvin_thomas_feb18/

2nd video on this link contains an East Stand Update towards the end.

KT seems mightily frustrated with NBC. Says club has done everything that has been asked of it, and is now waiting for the council to finalise the legalities and give the go ahead.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20747 on: February 08, 2018, 09:15:26 am »

KT is clearly annoyed at the lack of progress within the council and you can’t blame him .
The problem is , the council is going to be under severe scrutiny whatever path it takes towards the redevelopment .
Any perceived favouritism towards the football club is going to be lambasted by the public and quite rightly so .
Unfortunately whether you like it or not , the club has burnt its bridges and no one will do us any favours .
Many people in the town think the club should not even exist after what happened with the cash .
The current political agenda with the County Council and the furore around Mackintosh won’t be helping .
It’s a waiting game and I suspect it will go on for some time to come .
NTFC is persona non grata and we have to get over it
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #20748 on: February 08, 2018, 09:17:41 am »

He also states that a paper is being prepared by Council Officers for the Cabinet but does not know what date it will be considered.

He asked fans to contact their local Borough Councillor. As I live outside Northampton I am unable to contact a Councillor but I hope local fans make the effort and contact local Northampton Councillors to get a date and put pressure on them to get a decision................please!!!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20749 on: February 08, 2018, 10:58:23 am »

He also states that a paper is being prepared by Council Officers for the Cabinet but does not know what date it will be considered.

He asked fans to contact their local Borough Councillor. As I live outside Northampton I am unable to contact a Councillor but I hope local fans make the effort and contact local Northampton Councillors to get a date and put pressure on them to get a decision................please!!!

Without knowing the intricacies surrounding the current delay, it'd be a bit much writing to your local councilor and asking them to hurry up with reaching a decision. Yes, we've all heard about the issuing of identical leases to separate parties, but the current delay seems to surround land to the back of the stand. If the club wants voices to be raised in their support, then they need to go public with exactly what they are proposing, and what is the current sticking point?
As has been said above, NTFC has a major black mark against its name. The emphasis remains with the club to show (the Northampton public) that its actions and intentions remain above board.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20750 on: February 08, 2018, 11:22:02 am »

Thomas has still to inform the clubs supporters as of his plans for our redevelopment resulting from whatever it is hes trying to extract from NBC.
After nearly 2.5 years do you think he could afford  the clubs supporters  of an inkling as to what he wants from the council and what the club can expect from its share?
If its the spring board our club is desperately seeking, we can all get on board.
All this anti council bollocks is madness as they only want whats best for us as a successful thriving local club is good for everyone.
This is what I know, probably all wrong but its all I have heard in bits and peices, please update me if ive missed the latest... possibly 10 boxes fitted out in the east stand shell with resturant etc costing possibly £4,000.000 only if the council grants leaseholds for parcels of adjacent lands..
My questions are £4m? Really? Does this represent value for money? Who is making the final decision on what is best for our club?  Is it people who wont even be at the club after the share out?
Unless we have a true vision of what we can really expect we should tread carefully.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20751 on: February 08, 2018, 11:43:45 am »

Thomas has still to inform the clubs supporters as of his plans for our redevelopment resulting from whatever it is hes trying to extract from NBC.
After nearly 2.5 years do you think he could afford  the clubs supporters  of an inkling as to what he wants from the council and what the club can expect from its share?
If its the spring board our club is desperately seeking, we can all get on board.
All this anti council bollocks is madness as they only want whats best for us as a successful thriving local club is good for everyone.
This is what I know, probably all wrong but its all I have heard in bits and peices, please update me if ive missed the latest... possibly 10 boxes fitted out in the east stand shell with resturant etc costing possibly £4,000.000 only if the council grants leaseholds for parcels of adjacent lands..
My questions are £4m? Really? Does this represent value for money? Who is making the final decision on what is best for our club?  Is it people who wont even be at the club after the share out?
Unless we have a true vision of what we can really expect we should tread carefully.
KT will not publicise his vision until he knows what is within his jusisdiction.
It would be easy to talk Of grand plans only for the council to refuse the permissions required .
We would then all criticise the football club for failing to deliver .
I’m sure Kelvin is busting a gut to tell us all but simply cannot do so .
At the end of the day NTFC has no cards to play . Our previous owners have left us powerless and incredulous .
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #20752 on: February 08, 2018, 11:56:05 am »

It really is quite simple.

The land which the East Stand sits on has 2 leases. All the club needs is for the council to agree to normalise those leases and return the land upon which the stand sits to NTFC.

There is nothing else to it.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20753 on: February 08, 2018, 12:05:45 pm »

It really is quite simple.

The land which the East Stand sits on has 2 leases. All the club needs is for the council to agree to normalise those leases and return the land upon which the stand sits to NTFC.

There is nothing else to it.

I thought NTFC already held one of those leases? And didn't Kelvin imply before Christmas that this side of things had been all but sorted? As for Boot & Shoe's comment about the club being unable to tell us what their plans are. Absolute bollocks! There is nothing to stop them setting out their vision for that stand, and I would imagine doing so would help to pressure the council - assuming it's a decent vision.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #20754 on: February 08, 2018, 12:20:41 pm »

They've already done that?

16 boxes etc....
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20755 on: February 08, 2018, 12:44:49 pm »

I thought NTFC already held one of those leases? And didn't Kelvin imply before Christmas that this side of things had been all but sorted? As for Boot & Shoe's comment about the club being unable to tell us what their plans are. Absolute bollocks! There is nothing to stop them setting out their vision for that stand, and I would imagine doing so would help to pressure the council - assuming it's a decent vision.
It’s not b*llocks at all.
You cannot publicise plans for a development before the permissions for that development have been granted .
Why put yourself under that level of pressure only to let people down yet again .
Some of the plans may also be jeopardised by premature announcements .
If I was KT I would act in exactly the same way .
We had a previous chairman that spouted off grand plans and delivered nothing . Maybe you would be happier with that ?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #20756 on: February 08, 2018, 13:14:53 pm »

It’s not b*llocks at all.
You cannot publicise plans for a development before the permissions for that development have been granted .
Why put yourself under that level of pressure only to let people down yet again .
Some of the plans may also be jeopardised by premature announcements .
If I was KT I would act in exactly the same way .
We had a previous chairman that spouted off grand plans and delivered nothing . Maybe you would be happier with that ?

I'm not sure that true.

Haven't luton in the past given supporters plans/visors before planning permission was given?

In fact I'm sure bristol rovers have also more recently too?
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #20757 on: February 08, 2018, 13:17:26 pm »

I'm not sure that true.

Haven't luton in the past given supporters plans/visors before planning permission was given?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/11241140/crystal-palace-submit-selhurst-park-redevelopment-plans-to-croydon-council Palace did it today...
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20758 on: February 08, 2018, 13:53:40 pm »

I'm not sure that true.

It's not true. He has no idea what he's talking about. Companies all over the world release provisional and artistic impressions of new builds, and have been doing so for years. The council have publicly stated that as far as they are concerned the build can proceed, so I assume they have more of an in depth idea of the end product than us mere punters. KT has previously stated that he hoped the build would be under way (by October 2017?) this season. He knows what is intended, and has said about additional boxes etc. So why not lay out the actual plans?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20759 on: February 08, 2018, 14:06:58 pm »

It's not true. He has no idea what he's talking about. Companies all over the world release provisional and artistic impressions of new builds, and have been doing so for years. The council have publicly stated that as far as they are concerned the build can proceed, so I assume they have more of an in depth idea of the end product than us mere punters. KT has previously stated that he hoped the build would be under way (by October 2017?) this season. He knows what is intended, and has said about additional boxes etc. So why not lay out the actual plans?
The lack of ability to grasp situations amongst some people is astonishing ...
It’s not a case of whether it’s “true” or not - it’s a case of what the owner’s preference is .
It’s up to other clubs and organisations as to whether they want to publish plans prior to consent being given .
This club is in a different position because of the complications surrounding the lease and the history of misappropriation of funds , along with so many false dawns .
It’s obvious why the owner of the club doesn’t want to release plans - it sends hares running and creates more turmoil for him to deal with .
NTFC is not public property - it is owned by private individuals who can do as they wish .
You have no right to anything whatsoever , outside of being a customer .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: