The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 07:53:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816756 times)
Tom and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Battery Man

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #20760 on: February 08, 2018, 14:14:34 pm »

I don't always agree with the way Beds goes about putting his point of view across, but in this case I think he is right. What is stopping the club from putting forward an artists impression of what they want to do with capacities. They can put this out under the proviso the council sorts the leases out and then we know where we stand and we know what they want us to put the pressure on the council to deliver!
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #20761 on: February 08, 2018, 14:29:35 pm »

In fact I'm sure bristol rovers have also more recently too?

The Bristol Rovers who announced and displayed every detail of their new stadium to excite the fans... Only for the plans to fall through after years of legal issues?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20762 on: February 08, 2018, 14:30:57 pm »

The lack of ability to grasp situations amongst some people is astonishing ...
It’s not a case of whether it’s “true” or not - it’s a case of what the owner’s preference is .
It’s up to other clubs and organisations as to whether they want to publish plans prior to consent being given .
This club is in a different position because of the complications surrounding the lease and the history of misappropriation of funds , along with so many false dawns .
It’s obvious why the owner of the club doesn’t want to release plans - it sends hares running and creates more turmoil for him to deal with .
NTFC is not public property - it is owned by private individuals who can do as they wish .
You have no right to anything whatsoever , outside of being a customer .
Lets hope we never go down that route where fans feel alienated and lose any affiliations, just a mug punter paying at the gate.. Its not what supporting a local football club is about.
..Blackpool Coventry Charlton etc.. are tearing themselves apart with stances against owners.
Its unnecessary and harms those clubs long term.
The most important element in a football club is not the players or owners, its the clubs fans and they shouldn't be left out of the loop concerning things of great importance.
Maybe Thomas and co are being protective of us small town back water snowflakes 😂😂
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 14:36:28 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20763 on: February 08, 2018, 14:34:30 pm »

The Bristol Rovers who announced and displayed every detail of their new stadium to excite the fans... Only for the plans to fall through after years of legal issues?
What do fans of lower league clubs have if you take away their hope?
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all..
If only we had won on saturday, we wouldn't have revisited this thread! 😉
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20764 on: February 08, 2018, 14:46:47 pm »

Exactly !
Someone that at last sees sense !
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20765 on: February 08, 2018, 14:51:23 pm »

Yes, but he was responding to Boot & Shoot's statement that companies/football clubs are not allowed to place plans into a public arena prior to receiving planning permission.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #20766 on: February 08, 2018, 14:53:35 pm »

Palace submitted a planning application, which is something that NTFC will do once the lease issue is sorted out. A planning application is a very detailed document, not a 'vision'.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20767 on: February 08, 2018, 14:54:57 pm »

Exactly !
Someone that at last sees sense !

It's a completely different issue. Rovers were/are talking about building a state of the art sporting arena; we are talking about completing - to a (semi) respectable level - some hideous half-built monstrosity.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20768 on: February 08, 2018, 15:17:57 pm »

What do fans of lower league clubs have if you take away their hope?
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all..

Seriously?

I’ve watched my club for 48 years, travelled 100’s of thousand miles & only had 4 remarkable seasons in that time, never seen them last more than two seasons in an upper division but I don’t think another delay in adding to the ground is really a reason to lose hope.....
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #20769 on: February 08, 2018, 15:58:31 pm »

Palace submitted a planning application, which is something that NTFC will do once the lease issue is sorted out. A planning application is a very detailed document, not a 'vision'.

Okay, its a fair distinction that NTFC have not applied for planning permission.

But you took my comment out of its original context. Boot and shoe said that companies could not release information about plans publicly until the permissions have been granted. I was merely pointing out that Palace have appeared to do exactly that, and the story was released today no less.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20770 on: February 08, 2018, 16:30:09 pm »

Okay, its a fair distinction that NTFC have not applied for planning permission.

But you took my comment out of its original context. Boot and shoe said that companies could not release information about plans publicly until the permissions have been granted. I was merely pointing out that Palace have appeared to do exactly that, and the story was released today no less.
Incorrect and wrong .
I repeat once again that you can publish whatever you wish .
KT though has chosen not to publish speculative plans because nothing has been confirmed .
FFS ..... what’s difficult to understand
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20771 on: February 08, 2018, 16:32:19 pm »

It's a completely different issue. Rovers were/are talking about building a state of the art sporting arena; we are talking about completing - to a (semi) respectable level - some hideous half-built monstrosity.
It makes no difference ...
both until permission is granted are speculative .
Same thing - simple
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20772 on: February 08, 2018, 16:43:28 pm »

I told you, when you were on the Trust board, that we were too busy to organise the knitting event and that you would have to do it yourself  Wink

I didn't mind that so much. It's when the Trust refused to endorse my new range of spandex replica shorts that I drew the line mate.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 16:48:30 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #20773 on: February 08, 2018, 17:12:21 pm »

Yes, but he was responding to Boot & Shoot's statement that companies/football clubs are not allowed to place plans into a public arena prior to receiving planning permission.
Absolute rubbish .
I said nothing of the sort . FFS
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20774 on: February 08, 2018, 19:14:05 pm »

Quote from: Jolly Cobbler=topic=5547.msg347054#msg347054 date=1518113541
Absolute rubbish .

Really?

It’s not b*llocks at all.
You cannot publicise plans for a development before the permissions for that development have been granted .
Why put yourself under that level of pressure only to let people down yet again .
Some of the plans may also be jeopardised by premature announcements .
If I was KT I would act in exactly the same way .
We had a previous chairman that spouted off grand plans and delivered nothing . Maybe you would be happier with that ?

If I was you I'd get that checked out, pal. #owned  Wink
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 19:15:41 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #20775 on: February 08, 2018, 19:14:48 pm »

weve already had about 8 artists impressions of that stand, I'd much prefer KT finalises exactly what's happening before giving us another one
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20776 on: February 08, 2018, 20:02:57 pm »

Really?

If I was you I'd get that checked out, pal. #owned  Wink

He didn't say that they 'are not allowed', you are incorrect. 
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2487

« Reply #20777 on: February 08, 2018, 21:36:53 pm »

weve already had about 8 artists impressions of that stand, I'd much prefer KT finalises exactly what's happening before giving us another one

Exactly.

Why do you need a artists impression anyway? They've said all along they will finish it best they can with the boxes etc. Pretty obvious what it's gonna look like.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20778 on: February 08, 2018, 21:41:44 pm »

Absolute rubbish .

Oh come on - be nice to one another. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest47

« Reply #20779 on: February 08, 2018, 21:42:50 pm »

Exactly.

Why do you need a artists impression anyway? They've said all along they will finish it best they can with the boxes etc. Pretty obvious what it's gonna look like.

It was that artist's impression with the void areas that rightly kicked off the complaints last time. I would prefer to see an artist's impression again for they start any building - once bitten and all that.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: