The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 07:17:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... 2179   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1816751 times)
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20780 on: February 08, 2018, 22:16:53 pm »

He didn't say that they 'are not allowed', you are incorrect. 
Thank you mate ...
I’m totally with KT on this .
The poor bloke is under constant pressure from fans and investors alike .
The last thing he needs is people criticising his plans that are yet to be finalised .
I admire his patience on the matter
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #20781 on: February 08, 2018, 23:18:58 pm »

I didn't mind that so much. It's when the Trust refused to endorse my new range of spandex replica shorts that I drew the line mate.
Mind you, you did look nice in them Chelsea blue ones that you modelled for us.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20782 on: February 09, 2018, 06:35:35 am »

Thank you mate ...
I’m totally with KT on this .
The poor bloke is under constant pressure from fans and investors alike .
The last thing he needs is people criticising his plans that are yet to be finalised .
I admire his patience on the matter
This isnt about Kelvin Thomas and any frustration he may feel, which is just 2.5 years compared to our 26 years and counting, stuck in an inadequate Sixfields,  its about working with the NBC and getting the very best  we can get from the land Sixfields stands on to benefit the club bringing it on a par with other similar sized towns and cities and allow us to compete with their  professional clubs..
Why would this consortium go the extra mile when they wont be here much after any ink has dried?
Lets keep our eyes on the prize, fight for the very best deal for Northampton town fc as when this oppertunity has been carved up we wont get another chance.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #20783 on: February 09, 2018, 07:31:34 am »

It’s not b*llocks at all.
You cannot publicise plans for a development before the permissions for that development have been granted .
Why put yourself under that level of pressure only to let people down yet again .
Some of the plans may also be jeopardised by premature announcements .
If I was KT I would act in exactly the same way .
We had a previous chairman that spouted off grand plans and delivered nothing . Maybe you would be happier with that ?

Incorrect and wrong .
I repeat once again that you can publish whatever you wish .
KT though has chosen not to publish speculative plans because nothing has been confirmed .
FFS ..... what’s difficult to understand

Generally i find it hard to understand people when they contradict themselves from one post to the next and deny saying something when there is material evidence that they did on the page previous.

So which is it? we cannot publish anything, or KT can publish whatever he likes, and has chosen not to?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20784 on: February 09, 2018, 10:20:06 am »

Generally i find it hard to understand people when they contradict themselves from one post to the next and deny saying something when there is material evidence that they did on the page previous.

So which is it? we cannot publish anything, or KT can publish whatever he likes, and has chosen not to?

You can publicise anything you like. You can do this prior to the pre-application phase, or even if you are bypassing pre-app and going straight to planning. If KT has any sense, he won't put it out for approval to the entitled hoards on here or to anyone else. Once he's got the appropriate permissions he'll show his hand then.

The only reasons I could imagine he'd be mad enough to put it out prior to that, is if he is short of a few thousand contrasting opinions/contradictions.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20785 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:22 am »

Too many of these on here to put him off publicising his plans:

Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #20786 on: February 09, 2018, 11:48:23 am »

Too many of these on here to put him off publicising his plans:

That's sums them up perfectly..  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20787 on: February 09, 2018, 14:13:42 pm »

He didn't say that they 'are not allowed', you are incorrect. 

"You cannot publicize plans for a development before the permissions for that development have been granted." I think that means not allowed, don't you? Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20788 on: February 09, 2018, 14:29:38 pm »

"You cannot publicize plans for a development before the permissions for that development have been granted." I think that means not allowed, don't you? Wink

No, that was his opinion. Depends how you read it.
Report Spam   Logged

Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #20789 on: February 09, 2018, 14:40:53 pm »

Of course you can and many would be developers do to get feedback. Anyway once a planning application is submitted, it becomes public knowledge and anyone can look at it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #20790 on: February 09, 2018, 14:52:30 pm »

Now we know why Corby “wonder world”was never built  - those naughty developers put a billboard up in a hedge just outside of Corby publicizing the development before they had planning permission  - decades of legal battles meant they ran out of money and the development never happened.....

FFS this particular chapter of the thread has to be the most infantile of them all.

If KT wants to publish artists impressions, 3D models or videos of the development  (even if total fantasy) he can. - he wisely has chosen not to.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20791 on: February 09, 2018, 15:25:46 pm »

Of course you can and many would be developers do to get feedback. Anyway once a planning application is submitted, it becomes public knowledge and anyone can look at it.

You're absolutely right. There are some on here who don't seem to be able to grasp such a simple fact.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20792 on: February 09, 2018, 15:29:26 pm »

No, that was his opinion. Depends how you read it.

"You cannot publicise plans for a development before the permissions for that development have been granted ." That does not read as someone giving an opinion. Now, kindly stop baiting. Unlike some, I'm not losing sleep over the East Stand. I, along with others, am merely pointing out that Boot and Shoe got his facts wrong...and then quickly backtracked. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20793 on: February 09, 2018, 15:57:38 pm »

"You cannot publicise plans for a development before the permissions for that development have been granted ." That does not read as someone giving an opinion. Now, kindly stop baiting. Unlike some, I'm not losing sleep over the East Stand. I, along with others, am merely pointing out that Boot and Shoe got his facts wrong...and then quickly backtracked. Roll Eyes

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #20794 on: February 09, 2018, 18:18:22 pm »

I can assure you it as an opinion when I stated “ you cannot publish plans before permission has been granted”
Of course you can publish whatever you wish as I subsequently stated but in this instance it is highly advisable not to do so subsequent to the issues of the past .
The point is KT is correct to keep his council
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #20795 on: February 09, 2018, 18:52:34 pm »

No pun intended  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20796 on: February 09, 2018, 22:22:30 pm »

I can assure you it as an opinion when I stated “ you cannot publish plans before permission has been granted”
Of course you can publish whatever you wish as I subsequently stated but in this instance it is highly advisable not to do so subsequent to the issues of the past .
Have you thought there may be a possibility that when KT makes his long awaited official announcement into that what he has to offer, it could be a big pile of 5hite leaving us with no time to negotiate a better out come?
Not surprisingly , this is what I fully expect to happen.
Probably just me😂
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20797 on: February 10, 2018, 05:45:11 am »

Have you thought there may be a possibility that when KT makes his long awaited official announcement into that what he has to offer, it could be a big pile of 5hite leaving us with no time to negotiate a better out come?
Not surprisingly , this is what I fully expect to happen.
Probably just me

What in your screwed up little mind makes you think you have the right to negotiate anything. Buy the club, then you get a say in what happens.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20798 on: February 10, 2018, 07:51:57 am »

What in your screwed up little mind makes you think you have the right to negotiate anything. Buy the club, then you get a say in what happens.
Assuming the NBC will only give up land leases because it benefits the local football club and not to facilitate easy pickings to passers by like happened last time, so it only makes sense to negotiate the very best deal for all parties while we still can.
With the waters still very muddy, waiting and seeing is not an option.

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #20799 on: February 10, 2018, 13:08:32 pm »

Assuming the NBC will only give up land leases because it benefits the local football club and not to facilitate easy pickings to passers by like happened last time, so it only makes sense to negotiate the very best deal for all parties while we still can.
With the waters still very muddy, waiting and seeing is not an option.

I repeat my question WTF makes you think that you or anyone else have the right to negotiate with the owners of the club?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... 2179   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: