The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:06:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820854 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20820 on: February 12, 2018, 22:08:43 pm »

Beds is right kt and his little gang are only interested in what they can get out of any deal regarding land, ntfc is an afterthought at best.

....& you know this for certain because?

Silly me, I should take a look at your name to understand populist views, limited understanding of complex issues and lack of balanced analysis probably guide the thought process.

Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #20821 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:43 pm »

Many thanks for the kind offer Deepcut, but it has become obvious to me over these past 2 years that Chairman Thomas has not the authority to make any such announcements on our much needed expansion and redevelopment needs, even if he did it wouldn't amount to much as I doubt he has any so I would be better off adressing enquiries c/o Clarence the frigging dragon in full uniform as I would get more info!
He's had 2.5 years to make a statement of intent and in my opinion  chose belittling tactics to avoid the elephant in the room and its this reason we must demand of the council to listen to and be guided the ntfcst before handing over the crown jewels..
Make no mistake this lot are in it for them first and the cobblers some distance behind if at all.
Due to all the secrecy and lack of information, never more in the history of our club do we need to be vigilant and demanding, this is why the trust was set up to protect our club.
Having an extra bog door £6 burgers and being befriended on facebook is no reason we should offer up our soft underbelly for tickling... Fight for our club in the same manner we would expect from our players.
Put Northampton town first .

So I'm summary, you're still throwing toys because Kelvin once said we don't need more seats yet and the playing squad is the focus which your took umbridge too and people who own a business want to make money which is selfish?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20822 on: February 13, 2018, 14:32:48 pm »

So I'm summary, you're still throwing toys because Kelvin once said we don't need more seats yet and the playing squad is the focus which your took umbridge too and people who own a business want to make money which is selfish?
All toys safely aboard my pramulator,
Also I have suggested we would be better off with a safe bank of old school terracing to make visiting Sixfields more attractive to entice a younger support base and extra visiting fans who prefer standing at matches.
Ive run my business for 30 odd years so fully understand the need to make money, which is why I make suggestions as to what would be most profitable and beneficial to our club but in the long term and not in 5 months time.
If wanting the very best for ntfc is selfish then fit that cap snuggly on my napper..guilty.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #20823 on: February 13, 2018, 15:40:26 pm »

All toys safely aboard my pramulator,
Also I have suggested we would be better off with a safe bank of old school terracing to make visiting Sixfields more attractive to entice a younger support base and extra visiting fans who prefer standing at matches.

Really?? Where?? Reckon I must have missed that.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20824 on: February 13, 2018, 15:53:24 pm »

Beds.  PM me the list of questions/demands that you would like to be answered.  If you are able to phrase them in a way that encourages the answer(s) to come back to you without any ambiguity that prompts further query, we should be able to put to bed your continued repetition.
I will forward them to KT and provide you and the rest of the board with his response.
Beds. PM me with which is your preferred choice of toilet paper and I'll wipe your arse for you!
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #20825 on: February 13, 2018, 16:00:28 pm »

Bottled it once again. Sir, you are a coward.
You continue to hide behind the relative safety of your keyboard with the backbone of a jellyfish. You are prepared to throw insults and accusations towards an individual: accusing him of various inappropriate intentions and/or imaginary wrong doings (in your opinion) without providing evidence or having the scrotal sac to confront him with your allegations either directly or indirectly when provided with ample opportunity to do so.
Sir, you are a coward and will continue to be.
Well said, Deepcut Cobbler! Kelvin Thomas is only an email away. I have recently had cause to email him and he responds very quickly. It's such a shame Beds hasn't got the courage to contact him. I look forward to this thread ending.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20826 on: February 13, 2018, 18:27:40 pm »

Well said, Deepcut Cobbler! Kelvin Thomas is only an email away. I have recently had cause to email him and he responds very quickly. It's such a shame Beds hasn't got the courage to contact him. I look forward to this thread ending.
Sorry OSC, but I have no inclination to speak small talk with Thomas or any of his consortium, these people will be gone in a few years and what remains from our enabling land and level of ground redevelopment they leave behind that concerns me.
Do you honestly think if I email him as many others have, he will choose me as the one to receive the big reveal?
No, because if there is big news like when the new Chinese owners or whatever they are, news broke, it was announced on social media, tv and in many papers on the same day..
Maybe news on our long awaited redevelopment if its a well thought out plan that helps grow our club and not a token gesture, they could make a big statement without me blocking up his in box?

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20827 on: February 13, 2018, 19:54:06 pm »

Sorry OSC, but I have no inclination to speak small talk with Thomas or any of his consortium, these people will be gone in a few years and what remains from our enabling land and level of ground redevelopment they leave behind that concerns me.
Do you honestly think if I email him as many others have, he will choose me as the one to receive the big reveal?
No, because if there is big news like when the new Chinese owners or whatever they are, news broke, it was announced on social media, tv and in many papers on the same day..
Maybe news on our long awaited redevelopment if its a well thought out plan that helps grow our club and not a token gesture, they could make a big statement without me blocking up his in box?

In fairness Beds it would be more proactive than bleating on here?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #20828 on: February 13, 2018, 19:58:03 pm »

Redevelopment will never happen......  Period.

Goodbye.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20829 on: February 13, 2018, 21:18:03 pm »

In fairness Beds it would be more proactive than bleating on here?
Not true😉 Think about it, if you dont want to make public your intentions for whatever reasons but you have many on public forums dissecting as to why  your reluctant, making others aware of this cant be easy.
Having him appease  me in a one to one of the many complications and long protracted legal shenanigans, the leases, the pockets of land and possibly  even some belittling of our towns football clubs expectations  but nothing about what we can expect and its costs... No thanks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 21:19:34 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20830 on: February 13, 2018, 22:26:05 pm »

Not true😉 Think about it, if you dont want to make public your intentions for whatever reasons but you have many on public forums dissecting as to why  your reluctant, making others aware of this cant be easy.
Having him appease  me in a one to one of the many complications and long protracted legal shenanigans, the leases, the pockets of land and possibly  even some belittling of our towns football clubs expectations  but nothing about what we can expect and its costs... No thanks.

Come on. Whats your agenda? You obviously have one.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20831 on: March 01, 2018, 17:12:19 pm »

What constitutes 'good training facilities ' 2 flat well kept pitches changing and meeting rooms /fully kitted gym and treatment room on site with bad weather training options off site.
Im I missing anything? Is moulton an undulating peice of waste land scattered with dog s***e and used needles?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 17:23:14 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20832 on: March 01, 2018, 17:34:23 pm »

I always thought that Moulton Park was a good investment by NTFC with 1st class facilities! Certainly achieved before any potential Stadium upgrade.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest1269

« Reply #20833 on: March 01, 2018, 18:28:42 pm »

What constitutes 'good training facilities ' 2 flat well kept pitches changing and meeting rooms /fully kitted gym and treatment room on site with bad weather training options off site.
Im I missing anything? Is moulton an undulating peice of waste land scattered with dog s***e and used needles?

Yes you are missing quite a lot - because over the years the basic facilities you describe, simply have not been available - not sure of the current set up but it’s certainly shared facilities of the like I would suggest few other clubs with the ground size you desire have to put up with  - I know this sounds patronizing but have you ever considered a slightly more open minded approach to you mission?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20834 on: March 01, 2018, 19:07:12 pm »

Yes you are missing quite a lot - because over the years the basic facilities you describe, simply have not been available - not sure of the current set up but it’s certainly shared facilities of the like I would suggest few other clubs with the ground size you desire have to put up with  - I know this sounds patronizing but have you ever considered a slightly more open minded approach to you mission?
No open mindedness from me where this lot are concerned. Despite what they think or want us to believe, we need a12000 capacity ground (3000 standing terracing built up behind the left in situe North and South stand seats, that would be the cheapest, most dynamic and visually pleasing to attract the many missing  supporters and sponsorship  with adequate corperate facilities (not costing a crazy £4m as suggested) and a large supporters bar.
All works completed in stages over a 5 year period to make it sustainable.
There's really  no other option for us.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20835 on: March 01, 2018, 19:50:27 pm »

No open mindedness from me where this lot are concerned. Despite what they think or want us to believe, we need a12000 capacity ground (3000 standing terracing built up behind the left in situe North and South stand seats, that would be the cheapest, most dynamic and visually pleasing to attract the many missing  supporters and sponsorship  with adequate corperate facilities (not costing a crazy £4m as suggested) and a large supporters bar.
All works completed in stages over a 5 year period to make it sustainable.
There's really  no other option for us.

Beds, does this topic really have to invade every thread, it’s a bit full on mate? But since it has you still haven’t answered why Darlingtons average gate apparently dropped after the construction of their super dooper stadium contradicting much of your argument?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20836 on: March 01, 2018, 20:57:06 pm »

Beds, does this topic really have to invade every thread, it’s a bit full on mate? But since it has you still haven’t answered why Darlingtons average gate apparently dropped after the construction of their super dooper stadium contradicting much of your argument?
Youre asking me a question so its only polite of me  to answer? So here goes.. Darlington catchment is a quarter of the size of Northamptons and they build a massive  25000 seater stadium that was too big and unsustainable, a redeveloped  Sixfields as suggested above would be an excellent stadium in which to attract new supporters from our large catchment, something that little Darlo couldn't.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20837 on: March 01, 2018, 21:31:23 pm »

Youre asking me a question so its only polite of me  to answer? So here goes.. Darlington catchment is a quarter of the size of Northamptons and they build a massive  25000 seater stadium that was too big and unsustainable, a redeveloped  Sixfields as suggested above would be an excellent stadium in which to attract new supporters from our large catchment, something that little Darlo couldn't.

Beds, you’ve given that response before, once again the lines of communication seems to have failed? Your argument as I understand it, is a bigger better ground would automatically result in attracting more support and revenue as you have alluded to above? Therefore the catchment area of a given club is irrelevant in the context of this particular question. Whether the catchment area is 50,000 or 50,000,000, according to your argument the redevelopment you’re proposing should still result in attracting more punters to the ground? The catchment area becomes relevant with regards to sustainability of the size of the development constructed as you touched on. In the case of Darlington the redevelopment didn’t affect the gate which appears to contradict your argument regarding the attraction of a quality stadium? It’s a genuine point, my main concern would be that the club would over expose itself financially. If it does then we would possibly go down the toilet, and neither of us want that? I know there’s been a bit of leg pulling on this, but I do find the different positions supporters take on this really interesting. Don’t get me wrong, there obviously is a need for stadiums of the type you call for, but I believe these should be a natural consequence of the performance of a club. It seems your proposal is that the stadium is the catalyst of success and that is a very different proposition?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #20838 on: March 02, 2018, 00:00:57 am »

It always makes me smile when people question BedsCobb credentials when criticising the lack of development but still feel able to give JFH their expert advice
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #20839 on: March 02, 2018, 05:40:39 am »

Beds, you’ve given that response before, once again the lines of communication seems to have failed? Your argument as I understand it, is a bigger better ground would automatically result in attracting more support and revenue as you have alluded to above? Therefore the catchment area of a given club is irrelevant in the context of this particular question. Whether the catchment area is 50,000 or 50,000,000, according to your argument the redevelopment you’re proposing should still result in attracting more punters to the ground? The catchment area becomes relevant with regards to sustainability of the size of the development constructed as you touched on. In the case of Darlington the redevelopment didn’t affect the gate which appears to contradict your argument regarding the attraction of a quality stadium? It’s a genuine point, my main concern would be that the club would over expose itself financially. If it does then we would possibly go down the toilet, and neither of us want that? I know there’s been a bit of leg pulling on this, but I do find the different positions supporters take on this really interesting. Don’t get me wrong, there obviously is a need for stadiums of the type you call for, but I believe these should be a natural consequence of the performance of a club. It seems your proposal is that the stadium is the catalyst of success and that is a very different proposition?
Firstly this is on topic as when being interviewed Jimmy FH looked around at the pathetic little stands and said get some perspective guys, this us Nort ham tun.. and do you know what he was right, we have nothing in the pipe line to improve our most basic amateurish  stadium and therefore unable to steadily build it up to attract and entice with hard sales those missing fans and sponsors with facilities you expect from a club based in such a great location.
Using examples of little Darlingtons failure and MK dons inability to sell out a 30,000 seater stadium in league 1 as  reason we shouldn't strive to improve on what little we have and  build up our clubs infrastructure is ridiculous.
Steady and sustainable growth will only benefit the clubs long term future and its this that we should all be demanding of those who have eyes on land leases etc
As Chris Wilder once said ' while theres still a deal to be done'
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:43:19 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: