The Hotel End
June 21, 2018, 13:24:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 ... 1107   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 843017 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21020 on: February 13, 2018, 20:54:06 pm »

Sorry OSC, but I have no inclination to speak small talk with Thomas or any of his consortium, these people will be gone in a few years and what remains from our enabling land and level of ground redevelopment they leave behind that concerns me.
Do you honestly think if I email him as many others have, he will choose me as the one to receive the big reveal?
No, because if there is big news like when the new Chinese owners or whatever they are, news broke, it was announced on social media, tv and in many papers on the same day..
Maybe news on our long awaited redevelopment if its a well thought out plan that helps grow our club and not a token gesture, they could make a big statement without me blocking up his in box?

In fairness Beds it would be more proactive than bleating on here?
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fanclub & proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society (Though refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of the Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
Oversees

View Profile
« Reply #21021 on: February 13, 2018, 20:58:03 pm »

Redevelopment will never happen......  Period.

Goodbye.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21022 on: February 13, 2018, 22:18:03 pm »

In fairness Beds it would be more proactive than bleating on here?
Not true😉 Think about it, if you dont want to make public your intentions for whatever reasons but you have many on public forums dissecting as to why  your reluctant, making others aware of this cant be easy.
Having him appease  me in a one to one of the many complications and long protracted legal shenanigans, the leases, the pockets of land and possibly  even some belittling of our towns football clubs expectations  but nothing about what we can expect and its costs... No thanks.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 22:19:34 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21023 on: February 13, 2018, 23:26:05 pm »

Not true😉 Think about it, if you dont want to make public your intentions for whatever reasons but you have many on public forums dissecting as to why  your reluctant, making others aware of this cant be easy.
Having him appease  me in a one to one of the many complications and long protracted legal shenanigans, the leases, the pockets of land and possibly  even some belittling of our towns football clubs expectations  but nothing about what we can expect and its costs... No thanks.

Come on. Whats your agenda? You obviously have one.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21024 on: March 01, 2018, 18:12:19 pm »

What constitutes 'good training facilities ' 2 flat well kept pitches changing and meeting rooms /fully kitted gym and treatment room on site with bad weather training options off site.
Im I missing anything? Is moulton an undulating peice of waste land scattered with dog s***e and used needles?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 18:23:14 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Suffer fools gladly

View Profile
« Reply #21025 on: March 01, 2018, 18:34:23 pm »

I always thought that Moulton Park was a good investment by NTFC with 1st class facilities! Certainly achieved before any potential Stadium upgrade.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't mistake activity for achievement
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #21026 on: March 01, 2018, 19:28:42 pm »

What constitutes 'good training facilities ' 2 flat well kept pitches changing and meeting rooms /fully kitted gym and treatment room on site with bad weather training options off site.
Im I missing anything? Is moulton an undulating peice of waste land scattered with dog s***e and used needles?

Yes you are missing quite a lot - because over the years the basic facilities you describe, simply have not been available - not sure of the current set up but itís certainly shared facilities of the like I would suggest few other clubs with the ground size you desire have to put up with  - I know this sounds patronizing but have you ever considered a slightly more open minded approach to you mission?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21027 on: March 01, 2018, 20:07:12 pm »

Yes you are missing quite a lot - because over the years the basic facilities you describe, simply have not been available - not sure of the current set up but itís certainly shared facilities of the like I would suggest few other clubs with the ground size you desire have to put up with  - I know this sounds patronizing but have you ever considered a slightly more open minded approach to you mission?
No open mindedness from me where this lot are concerned. Despite what they think or want us to believe, we need a12000 capacity ground (3000 standing terracing built up behind the left in situe North and South stand seats, that would be the cheapest, most dynamic and visually pleasing to attract the many missing  supporters and sponsorship  with adequate corperate facilities (not costing a crazy £4m as suggested) and a large supporters bar.
All works completed in stages over a 5 year period to make it sustainable.
There's really  no other option for us.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21028 on: March 01, 2018, 20:50:27 pm »

No open mindedness from me where this lot are concerned. Despite what they think or want us to believe, we need a12000 capacity ground (3000 standing terracing built up behind the left in situe North and South stand seats, that would be the cheapest, most dynamic and visually pleasing to attract the many missing  supporters and sponsorship  with adequate corperate facilities (not costing a crazy £4m as suggested) and a large supporters bar.

Beds, does this topic really have to invade every thread, itís a bit full on mate? But since it has you still havenít answered why Darlingtons average gate apparently dropped after the construction of their super dooper stadium contradicting much of your argument?
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fanclub & proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society (Though refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of the Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21029 on: March 01, 2018, 21:57:06 pm »

Beds, does this topic really have to invade every thread, itís a bit full on mate? But since it has you still havenít answered why Darlingtons average gate apparently dropped after the construction of their super dooper stadium contradicting much of your argument?
Youre asking me a question so its only polite of me  to answer? So here goes.. Darlington catchment is a quarter of the size of Northamptons and they build a massive  25000 seater stadium that was too big and unsustainable, a redeveloped  Sixfields as suggested above would be an excellent stadium in which to attract new supporters from our large catchment, something that little Darlo couldn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21030 on: March 01, 2018, 22:31:23 pm »

Youre asking me a question so its only polite of me  to answer? So here goes.. Darlington catchment is a quarter of the size of Northamptons and they build a massive  25000 seater stadium that was too big and unsustainable, a redeveloped  Sixfields as suggested above would be an excellent stadium in which to attract new supporters from our large catchment, something that little Darlo couldn't.

Beds, youíve given that response before, once again the lines of communication seems to have failed? Your argument as I understand it, is a bigger better ground would automatically result in attracting more support and revenue as you have alluded to above? Therefore the catchment area of a given club is irrelevant in the context of this particular question. Whether the catchment area is 50,000 or 50,000,000, according to your argument the redevelopment youíre proposing should still result in attracting more punters to the ground? The catchment area becomes relevant with regards to sustainability of the size of the development constructed as you touched on. In the case of Darlington the redevelopment didnít affect the gate which appears to contradict your argument regarding the attraction of a quality stadium? Itís a genuine point, my main concern would be that the club would over expose itself financially. If it does then we would possibly go down the toilet, and neither of us want that? I know thereís been a bit of leg pulling on this, but I do find the different positions supporters take on this really interesting. Donít get me wrong, there obviously is a need for stadiums of the type you call for, but I believe these should be a natural consequence of the performance of a club. It seems your proposal is that the stadium is the catalyst of success and that is a very different proposition?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 00:45:59 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

alton

View Profile
« Reply #21031 on: March 02, 2018, 01:00:57 am »

It always makes me smile when people question BedsCobb credentials when criticising the lack of development but still feel able to give JFH their expert advice
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21032 on: March 02, 2018, 06:40:39 am »

Beds, youíve given that response before, once again the lines of communication seems to have failed? Your argument as I understand it, is a bigger better ground would automatically result in attracting more support and revenue as you have alluded to above? Therefore the catchment area of a given club is irrelevant in the context of this particular question. Whether the catchment area is 50,000 or 50,000,000, according to your argument the redevelopment youíre proposing should still result in attracting more punters to the ground? The catchment area becomes relevant with regards to sustainability of the size of the development constructed as you touched on. In the case of Darlington the redevelopment didnít affect the gate which appears to contradict your argument regarding the attraction of a quality stadium? Itís a genuine point, my main concern would be that the club would over expose itself financially. If it does then we would possibly go down the toilet, and neither of us want that? I know thereís been a bit of leg pulling on this, but I do find the different positions supporters take on this really interesting. Donít get me wrong, there obviously is a need for stadiums of the type you call for, but I believe these should be a natural consequence of the performance of a club. It seems your proposal is that the stadium is the catalyst of success and that is a very different proposition?
Firstly this is on topic as when being interviewed Jimmy FH looked around at the pathetic little stands and said get some perspective guys, this us Nort ham tun.. and do you know what he was right, we have nothing in the pipe line to improve our most basic amateurish  stadium and therefore unable to steadily build it up to attract and entice with hard sales those missing fans and sponsors with facilities you expect from a club based in such a great location.
Using examples of little Darlingtons failure and MK dons inability to sell out a 30,000 seater stadium in league 1 as  reason we shouldn't strive to improve on what little we have and  build up our clubs infrastructure is ridiculous.
Steady and sustainable growth will only benefit the clubs long term future and its this that we should all be demanding of those who have eyes on land leases etc
As Chris Wilder once said ' while theres still a deal to be done'
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:43:19 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21033 on: March 02, 2018, 08:06:23 am »

Firstly this is on topic as when being interviewed Jimmy FH looked around at the pathetic little stands and said get some perspective guys, this us Nort ham tun.. and do you know what he was right, we have nothing in the pipe line to improve our most basic amateurish  stadium and therefore unable to steadily build it up to attract and entice with hard sales those missing fans and sponsors with facilities you expect from a club based in such a great location.
Using examples of little Darlingtons failure and MK dons inability to sell out a 30,000 seater stadium in league 1 as  reason we shouldn't strive to improve on what little we have and  build up our clubs infrastructure is ridiculous.
Steady and sustainable growth will only benefit the clubs long term future and its this that we should all be demanding of those who have eyes on land leases etc

Fair comment but, thats a different argument. Still doesn't address the fact that the redevelopment didn't put anything on the gate of the club in question in direct contradiction to one of your justifications? Therefore, examples like that will create the issue of doubt regarding a return on investment. All you have done with your response is to fail to offer any sort of convincing rebuttal. Whilst that is fine in the realms of a fans forum whilst having a chat, that isn't going to get you very far out in the real world.
Report Spam   Logged

bri77

View Profile
« Reply #21034 on: March 02, 2018, 08:38:57 am »

Fair comment but, thats a different argument. Still doesn't address the fact that the redevelopment didn't put anything on the gate of the club in question in direct contradiction to one of your justifications? Therefore, examples like that will create the issue of doubt regarding a return on investment. All you have done with your response is to fail to offer any sort of convincing rebuttal. Whilst that is fine in the realms of a fans forum whilst having a chat, that isn't going to get you very far out in the real world.

Something that is also completely missed is the fact that a new stand won't increase attendances on its own. Having a bank of terracing behind the goal would not suddenly see another 3k fans turn up. The only way attendances will increase is if we were to be fighting for something higher up the league.

There are examples of new grounds increasing attendances, even MK's attendances went up when they moved into stadium MK, they have been on a downward spiral since the team has been ****. Ours pretty much doubled when we moved to Sixfields. So really for Beds to be accurate in claiming increased attendances, he should be arguing for a whole new ground.
Report Spam   Logged
Boot and shoe

View Profile
« Reply #21035 on: March 02, 2018, 09:22:02 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Boot and shoe

View Profile
« Reply #21036 on: March 02, 2018, 09:27:13 am »

Will you shut the F*ck up .
Stop ruining every thread with your repetitive drivellings.
Why donít you start a thread up on your own so that you can argue with yourself on there and stop annoying everyone else .
I take it you have never remortgaged your house to our money into the club ? No , I didnít think so . So donít criticise those that have put their money where their mouth is to try and take the club forward when you see it in your armchair with your laptop spouting rubbish .
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #21037 on: March 02, 2018, 09:27:46 am »

It always makes me smile when people question BedsCobb credentials when criticising the lack of development but still feel able to give JFH their expert advice

Why? - we are all football experts (at least in our own minds) because it's what we do for entertainment - but far fewer of us profess to be stadium developers or footballing business experts.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21038 on: March 02, 2018, 10:03:33 am »

Why? - we are all football experts (at least in our own minds) because it's what we do for entertainment - but far fewer of us profess to be stadium developers or footballing business experts.
In the absence of anyone fitting that bill at the club, Im happy to fill the gap and offer my services for free.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21039 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:54 am »

Something that is also completely missed is the fact that a new stand won't increase attendances on its own. Having a bank of terracing behind the goal would not suddenly see another 3k fans turn up. The only way attendances will increase is if we were to be fighting for something higher up the league.

There are examples of new grounds increasing attendances, even MK's attendances went up when they moved into stadium MK, they have been on a downward spiral since the team has been ****. Ours pretty much doubled when we moved to Sixfields. So really for Beds to be accurate in claiming increased attendances, he should be arguing for a whole new ground.
Sixfields is in a great location and justs needs some sustainable redevelopment to make it a more attractive  professional ground to visit for everyone.
  There was nearly a full house, 7100 at the last home game despite bad weather and both teams being in poor form.. If this same game were to be played in more professional ground in better weather when both teams mid table with an eye on the playoffs, properly advertised its not hard to imagine 9 or 10,000 gate plus
 with greater match day revenues from extra food and beverage sales and from proper corperate facilities.

Doing nothing as per usual is killing our club.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 ... 1107   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: