The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 22:50:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1844948 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #20940 on: March 13, 2018, 13:55:12 pm »

I'd quite like some hanging baskets outside Carrs Bar featuring claret and white flowers

Have you not seen the weather forecast for the weekend? Unless they are pansies then its unlikely they will survive. And do we really want pansies in readiness for a relegation battle?

Best to wait a few weeks and plant some of the purple (almost claret) Alliums like the ones in my garden, across the hill and alongside all the entrances of Sixfields stadium. Very majestic late spring flower if you are not aware. Oldham will sh1t a brick when they pitch up last game of the season when we will no doubt need 3 points.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #20941 on: March 13, 2018, 14:06:20 pm »

Have you not seen the weather forecast for the weekend? Unless they are pansies then its unlikely they will survive. And do we really want pansies in readiness for a relegation battle?

Best to wait a few weeks and plant some of the purple (almost claret) Alliums like the ones in my garden, across the hill and alongside all the entrances of Sixfields stadium. Very majestic late spring flower if you are not aware. Oldham will sh1t a brick when they pitch up last game of the season when we will no doubt need 3 points.

We already have enough pansies
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #20942 on: March 13, 2018, 14:13:20 pm »

Alliums, of course!
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20943 on: March 15, 2018, 16:29:34 pm »

Now the council has effectively been dissolved are we ever going to get a decision?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20944 on: March 15, 2018, 16:38:23 pm »

Now the council has effectively been dissolved are we ever going to get a decision?  Huh?

Mal, Are we not dealing with just NBC Or is it both?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20945 on: March 15, 2018, 16:41:24 pm »

Honestly not sure! I lost track years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20946 on: March 15, 2018, 16:51:55 pm »

Honestly not sure! I lost track years ago.

From what I can understand NBC is a district within the jurisdiction of NCC. So yes you may well be right. No doubt GPC will clarify!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 17:00:28 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20947 on: March 15, 2018, 17:00:07 pm »

From what I can understand NBC is a district within the jurisdiction of NCC. So yes you may well be right. No doubt GPC will put clarify!

NBC for local planning and the lease arrangements so today’s news should have no effect, the NCC will remain in situ until 2020 so it’s not dissolved, however if it goes unitary then there will be no borough and county councils, just a ‘super’ Council, so things will change then!

So either it all gets sorted by 2020 with the borough, or maybe in 2020 we might have a council which can finally make a decision!!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #20948 on: March 15, 2018, 17:08:30 pm »

NBC for local planning and the lease arrangements so today’s news should have no effect, the NCC will remain in situ until 2020 so it’s not dissolved, however if it goes unitary then there will be no borough and county councils, just a ‘super’ Council, so things will change then!

So either it all gets sorted by 2020 with the borough, or maybe in 2020 we might have a council which can finally make a decision!!!

Thanks; whilst NCC may remain insitu until 2020, should imagine they are a lame duck?
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #20949 on: March 15, 2018, 17:11:09 pm »

Thanks; whilst NCC may remain insitu until 2020, should imagine they are a lame duck?

Depends.....if the government put commissioners in. And if they do then they need to come in with some extra funding to sort things out and reverse some of the cuts. Seeing as the report said it was due to local mismanagement rather than government cuts in funding I think extra money is unlikely.....but we’ll see!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest3114

« Reply #20950 on: March 15, 2018, 22:47:46 pm »

Depends.....if the government put commissioners in. And if they do then they need to come in with some extra funding to sort things out and reverse some of the cuts. Seeing as the report said it was due to local mismanagement rather than government cuts in funding I think extra money is unlikely.....but we’ll see!!
GPC, on the Pish thread you quoted us, dongs and poxford as examples where development alone improves attendances. Not sure if you are using the website below but for every example you have given I can find at least 4 or five examples where it didnt, Pish included. Perhaps to settle this maybe someone can be arsed to run this % check against every club that has undergone significant development at or around our level? We might all stop arguing then? Especially if KT can use the information to convince any investor it’s a good idea? As Beds is the main trouble maker I nominate him for homework duty!
http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/oxfu.htm
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20951 on: March 15, 2018, 23:22:39 pm »

GPC, on the Pish thread you quoted us, dongs and poxford as examples where development alone improves attendances. Not sure if you are using the website below but for every example you have given I can find at least 4 or five examples where it didnt, Pish included. Perhaps to settle this maybe someone can be arsed to run this % check against every club that has undergone significant development at or around our level? We might all stop arguing then? Especially if KT can use the information to convince any investor it’s a good idea? As Beds is the main trouble maker I nominate him for homework duty!

As a side note you quote Poxfords attendances as a justification to develop our ground? On the figures you quote they improved their attendances by less than 1200. Assuming 30 quid a ticket and 30 home games a season that’s 1 million and the Kassam cost 15 million. In other words a 15 years before any investor gets their money back. Aside from the fact that in the vast majority of cases the attendance doesn’t improve are you seriously telling me that is likely to secure investment? On MK the ROI is 10 years. Try that sh1t on Dragons Den and see how far you get? That’s usually the last resort for people seeking investment because the banks p1ssed themselves when approached with a comedy business plan?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #20952 on: March 15, 2018, 23:48:13 pm »

As a side note you quote Poxfords attendances as a justification to develop our ground? On the figures you quote they improved their attendances by less than 1200. Assuming 30 quid a ticket and 30 home games a season that’s 1 million and the Kassam cost 15 million. In other words a 15 years before any investor gets their money back. Aside from the fact that in the vast majority of cases the attendance doesn’t improve are you seriously telling me that is likely to secure investment? On MK the ROI is 10 years. Try that sh1t on Dragons Den and see how far you get? That’s usually the last resort for people seeking investment because the banks p1ssed themselves when approached with a comedy business plan?

The Kasaam isn't really a good comparison, Firoz Kassam charges Oxford Utd £480,000 a year rent. He get the revenue from match day hospitality. Add thriving conference and exhibition facilities that are used daily and an asset that's unlikely to depreciate, he done pretty well out of it.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20953 on: March 16, 2018, 00:37:28 am »

The Manor Ground was a ramshackle **** pit. The site was sold to Nuffield Healthcare, in a deal which netted the football club 12 million. So, in effect, Oxford landed a spanking new ground for 3 million. These facts put a different slant on your figures.

ETA: Alton is right, Kassam came out of things pretty well (financially). But that's because he was yet another scumbag running a football club. The fact remains, with a better chairman in charge Oxford would have landed a steal.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 00:41:54 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20954 on: March 16, 2018, 02:22:54 am »

The Manor Ground was a ramshackle **** pit. The site was sold to Nuffield Healthcare, in a deal which netted the football club 12 million. So, in effect, Oxford landed a spanking new ground for 3 million. These facts put a different slant on your figures.

ETA: Alton is right, Kassam came out of things pretty well (financially). But that's because he was yet another scumbag running a football club. The fact remains, with a better chairman in charge Oxford would have landed a steal.
GPC used the justification and example of increased attendance numbers? However, you are exactly right, so in essence you need more than just numbers through the gate to make an attractive investment opportunity? In that case, the land, or you do a Rotherham and get brought by someone who is worth 180 million? Finally your option may to get an organisation to bankroll it as a non profit venture like the council sort of did for the original Sixfields and the Cardoza stand? Which option other than numbers through the gate is currently open to KT?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #20955 on: March 16, 2018, 02:26:31 am »

There is a small clique of anti-development on here, I don't know why but they seem to wish for their club to stagnate and die and find every argument they can find in their own heads. The same individuals who post the same points over and over again, "it wont work," it's too expensive," who pay's" "look at Darlington" we only get less than capacity ???etc, short sighted arguments ad infinitum.

Please do Tell KT he's wasting his time and effort, Sixfields in fine as it is. Also if rebuilding, expanding or any type of progress is pointless do tell all the other clubs such as Brentford, Plymouth, you can tell Rotherham on Satdee (who want to expand again) that they are also fools and are potentially wasting money. They will be relieved.

Maybe Rotherham will reconsider, see the error of their ways when they take a look again at the amazing and futuristic Sixfields which is obviously years ahead of any other clubs plans as it's perfect and caters for all the clubs future needs.

There are some very stupid developers out there.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #20956 on: March 16, 2018, 02:33:47 am »

There is a small clique of anti-development on here, I don't know why but they seem to wish for their club to stagnate and die and find every argument they can find in their own heads. The same individuals who post the same points over and over again, "it wont work," it's too expensive," who pay's" "look at Darlington" we only get less than capacity ???etc, short sighted arguments ad infinitum.

Please do Tell KT he's wasting his time and effort, Sixfields in fine as it is. Also if rebuilding, expanding or any type of progress is pointless do tell all the other clubs such as Brentford, Plymouth, you can tell Rotherham on Satdee (who want to expand again) that they are also fools and are potentially wasting money. They will be relieved.

Maybe Rotherham will reconsider, see the error of their ways when they take a look again at the amazing and futuristic Sixfields which is obviously years ahead of any other clubs plans as it's perfect and caters for all the clubs future needs.

There are some very stupid developers out there.
Not so in my case Exile. I just believe that development should be to meet demand, not a route to generating it? Especially if this means saddling ourselves with an unmanageable debt and putting us out of business like it nearly did 3 years ago. I’m just playing devils advocate and having a chat, nobody at the club will give a sh1t what my or anyone else’s opinion is on here on this subject? Happy to keep chatting whilst everyone else is in bed by the way, not working today then, or shirking like me?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20957 on: March 16, 2018, 07:56:54 am »

Your loyalty to kt and consortium  knows no bounds... If you want to make a case for little to zero growth to our clubs infrastructure, you need to compare apples to apples not trawling the internet to find reasons to further  moth ball our club for another 20 years.
You first list the positives, great location, very large catchment, the large amount of local businesses, the possibility of securing world wide investment or just small sustainable in house longer term developments.
  All of which are very good and should've  been acted on years ago.
Sitting waiting another 12 years to be gifted free NBC money that may or may not facilitate a small amount of corperate boxes is a non starter.
We all know what we need and what could be achieved and its nothing too grandiose or luxurious and could be built over a few seasons without risking the clubs future.
We are currently forced to borrow money hand over fist due to our poor stadium and its inability to raise match day and non football day takings, so doing nothing isnt going to save us like it hasn't on a fair few occasions now.
The trend wont be bucked and those who suggest we build an all conquering team to squeeze another 500 into the bad seats before any redevelopment or proposals there of, are sadly way off the mark.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #20958 on: March 16, 2018, 09:01:17 am »

There is a small clique of anti-development on here

I'm not sure anyone is anti-development. Just some people are being more realistic and reasonable.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20959 on: March 16, 2018, 09:09:28 am »

I think there's an element of plausibility to all arguments here.

For me, purely from a business perspective, you only supply when you have the demand. If football is the product, then you'll only get more bums on seats if the quality of the product warrants it. Sure, it might be nice to sit in a spangly stadium but how many will if we're knocking around L2 75% of the time...

To blindly double capacity when there is no demand for it isn't viable and it isn't shortsighted to say so.  I'm not a default KT fan but he seems fairly astute. He clearly thinks there's no need (and no money) to expand blindly and I'm with him. However, adding non-match day assets such as offices, hospitality, hotel rooms, whatever is where we should be heading.

We'd all love a mini Wembley with 20000 unrestricted view seats and retracting roof but come on, do we need it? Needs and wants have to be balanced.

First and foremost we need a profitable set up. We don't need another 7 thousand (mainly empty) seats. Yet.....

However, finish the East FFS. It's an embarrassment.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:10:59 am by WasRambo » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: