The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:18:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820677 times)
Grove

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #21100 on: April 04, 2018, 18:47:40 pm »

It appeared to most, that previous board members under the Cardoza regime were too comfortable in boardrooms around the country and too comfy with Cardoza to ask questions,that may be shall we say , searching , in one case sign documents with regards to the East stand
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21101 on: April 04, 2018, 22:47:02 pm »

We could particularly do with tech savvy people who could maybe help us do an email shot every month for members, update our website and help run the social media - as well as the inevitable firefighting on here.

What an interesting turn of phrase... Does it feel like "firefighting" when you choose this platform to advertise everything you do? 

Report Spam   Logged
bringbackbroadhurst

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #21102 on: April 04, 2018, 23:37:50 pm »

What an interesting turn of phrase... Does it feel like "firefighting" when you choose this platform to advertise everything you do? 

What a curious point of view... Does it seem unreasonable for members of the Trust to defend themselves? Or should they not be entitled to because there’s a thread elsewhere about a quiz or such like that they’re organising?!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21103 on: April 05, 2018, 06:51:21 am »

Couple of points regarding the Cardoza debacle and the redevelopment in general.

Given the council were willing to waive the loan for the redevelopment circa £11.5 million why wasn't that known to the Trust or only released in relation to the Thomas/Bower interest?

I was under the impression we were minutes from disaster but was that really the case?

How much did it really cost Bower and Thomas to acquire the club?

Kelvin Thomas has talked about a masterplan for the land, looking back on it the East Stand development was not sufficient payoff for access to such a huge parcel of land. Is the current board's plans to complete the East reliant on similar access? If it is is that value to the taxpayers of Npton and the fans? Or should that land be reserved for a stadium that will truly take us to the 'next level'?

Food for thought.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #21104 on: April 05, 2018, 08:19:05 am »

We could particularly do with tech savvy people who could maybe help us do an email shot every month for members, update our website and help run the social media - as well as the inevitable firefighting on here.

Use Campaign Monitor for the emails. Real easy, cheap and professional service they offer.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21105 on: April 05, 2018, 08:27:37 am »

Not quite sure what point you're trying to make Nigel. My comment was quite clearly not a pop at the forum, it was obviously in regard to threads such as this where people are asking what the Trust is doing and I reply to them. It was a light-hearted turn of phrase, nothing more.

You know we're grateful for THE for allowing us to promote things we're doing. However if you'd rather we didn't just let me know and I'll stop and stick to moaning about the first team!!
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: April 05, 2018, 08:28:50 am »

Use Campaign Monitor for the emails. Real easy, cheap and professional service they offer.
Was not expecting a serious response from you of all people. I might have to pass to you on Saturday morning for that now Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21107 on: April 05, 2018, 09:19:31 am »

Thanks James, I do think that the land issue is the crux of the matter.

I would think development land in the Sixfields area must be worth close to £1m per acre. An acre is roughly the size of a football pitch

There are many clubs that have suffered from chairman taking control of club assets like grounds and surrounding lands which they develop / sell to their own gains, often saddling the clubs with huge rents on top. Oxford are the perfect example of being f. Ucked by a chairman.

Sixfields is leased from the council so can't be sold but it makes the surrounding land even more important to the Chairman. Again DC and KT have both stalled on developing and growing the club whilst waiting for NBC to grant free land. That can't be a coincidence, the Trust must get to the reasons why and fully understand the implications of any actions.

I would also ask the Trust board to consider KT's actions rather than his words since his takeover. After all actions speak louder than words, it might shine a different light on things.

Thanks again James, sorry to start fires on here again for you but the fans need to ask questions of KT and the Trust are the only ones that can do it. Pressure needs to be applied as all I see from KT is history repeating itself and a few big broken promises.
Thanks again

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21108 on: April 05, 2018, 10:40:29 am »

Not quite sure what point you're trying to make Nigel. My comment was quite clearly not a pop at the forum, it was obviously in regard to threads such as this where people are asking what the Trust is doing and I reply to them. It was a light-hearted turn of phrase, nothing more.

You know we're grateful for THE for allowing us to promote things we're doing. However if you'd rather we didn't just let me know and I'll stop and stick to moaning about the first team!!

My point is the use of the terminology firefighting. I don't see your presence on here as firefighting. I see it as responding to those that that choose to challenge the staus quo, and on occasions question whether or not the Trust might once again find themselves implicit in something that might not benefit the supporters above those that seek to prosper from what is NTFC and it's surrounding land. The truth is you don't know, and neither do we. I'm clear on the fact that as far as I'm concerned KT has done alright by us so far. On a personal level I am more than happy to face up to challenge on that. From the Trust boards perspective, it is even more important that they are acutely aware of which direction they take the Trust, and that they aware of who they ultimately answer to. I don't like the fact that every time the Trust board feels threatened, they close ranks and issue the party edict that you either join us or abandon your point of view. 

In my opinion the Trust has been a genuine force for good over the years. With a relatively autocratic leadership/s (one that I don't mind) at the helm of the club, the Trusts role has become increasingly difficult. My major concern remains that KT will grant you an audience should he feel you can progress his agenda. But the moment you attempt to make any in roads towards the lost seat on the board, or any constructive say in the club, you/we are ignored. I can understand, or even see his point. I just wonder where it leaves the Trust. Far from this being a criticism, it is an attempt to temper the expectation of some on here who still appear to believe that the Trust asserts some magical influence over the club, and in doing so, keep having a go at you guys.

Advertise away mate... Anything that gets support on board is good.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:13 am »

My point is the use of the terminology firefighting. I don't see your presence on here as firefighting. I see it as responding to those that that choose to challenge the staus quo, and on occasions question whether or not the Trust might once again find themselves implicit in something that might not benefit the supporters above those that seek to prosper from what is NTFC and it's surrounding land. The truth is you don't know, and neither do we. I'm clear on the fact that as far as I'm concerned KT has done alright by us so far. On a personal level I am more than happy to face up to challenge on that. From the Trust boards perspective, it is even more important that they are acutely aware of which direction they take the Trust, and that they aware of who they ultimately answer to. I don't like the fact that every time the Trust board feels threatened, they close ranks and issue the party edict that you either join us or abandon your point of view. 
As said, the firefighting phrase was meant light heartedly - perhaps I should have added a smiley on the end Grin

If people insinuate that as me saying no-one has a right to criticise us then it certainly wasn't my intention. If criticism is valid I've always said that we can hold our hands up to any mistakes we may have made, but at the same time outlined the reasoning of why we made those choices people may have disagreed with.

I have no problem with people asking questions of us, I do that every day in my job and welcome it - it's why I try and answer every single point raised on here.

I have to disagree with your last point about us 'closing ranks' though. Every time I post on here I ask people to come along, invite them to meetings etc. That to me is the complete opposite of closing ranks. Perhaps it comes off as aggressive though, I've never thought of it along those lines. In reality, I just want people to get involved - no matter how small a part it may be.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21110 on: April 05, 2018, 11:55:25 am »

I think that NBC must hold the key as they control the land. As Beds has said this is perhaps where the Trust (supporters) could gain favour

I obviously don't know exactly how NBC feels about NTFC and KT in particular, but IF Kelvin gained control of the club, (which he only did after agreeing with the council that they would write off £10m loan), and hasn't kept his side of the deal then KT should be put under pressure to either develop or hand back the shares for what he paid for them.

James:  Are you able to clarify if NBC said that KT can develop East stand now, there is nothing stopping him doing so?  And also if this is the case what exactly is the March deadline about?

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21111 on: April 05, 2018, 12:14:29 pm »

The Hastings page...  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21112 on: April 05, 2018, 13:25:12 pm »

I think the Club can finish the East Stand whenever they want. They just want the leases sorted out for the land adjoining it.
If they can finish it whenever they want, there must be plans as to what they are going to do with it. For some reason they won't show the fans what the finished Stand will look like. 
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest48

« Reply #21113 on: April 05, 2018, 14:16:17 pm »

I think the Club can finish the East Stand whenever they want. They just want the leases sorted out for the land adjoining it.
If they can finish it whenever they want, there must be plans as to what they are going to do with it. For some reason they won't show the fans what the finished Stand will look like. 
As far as I'm aware tcobb is correct about the leases, as for the finished article, KT has said all along that it will be, I think, 18 boxes and bars and catering. The Trust have not seen any drawing for the stand, if they exist !
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #21114 on: April 05, 2018, 14:49:34 pm »

I think the trust are in a difficult position and I have nothing but admiration for the work they do on the fans behalf. As for the stand, I think it will be more interesting to see what the plans are for the adjoining land, is that going to be used for the club is it it going to be used to benefit KT and until it is known which way this is to be used I personally would rather the council kept hold of the leases. That land could be very useful for the club or it cold be used to make money for KT and partners. Personally I have nothing against them making money out of some of that land as long as the main beneficiary are the Cobblers. I guess that is the difficult thing for the trust to decipher, in which case I understand fully them not giving out to much information on what they do know.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #21115 on: April 05, 2018, 15:33:38 pm »

I think the trust are in a difficult position and I have nothing but admiration for the work they do on the fans behalf.

Maybe it's just me but whenever I see this sentence  Roll Eyes on the forum I always expect it to be followed by a BUT...
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21116 on: April 05, 2018, 16:35:00 pm »

Maybe it's just me but whenever I see this sentence  Roll Eyes on the forum I always expect it to be followed by a BUT...
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: April 05, 2018, 18:17:13 pm »

This exchange of information and views on the land is valuable.  My understanding is that what has been going on between our owners and the Council concerns the defining of the boundary behind the East Stand due to a NBC cock-up on drawing of the boundary lines.  Goodness only knows why, if this is the true reason, it is taking so long to sort out.  But note the "if" since I am not convinced this is the reason or the only reason.

The land behind the East Stand which falls into the club's lease is not extensive, the footprint is small and will not allow for any significant development beside the stand itself.  The land beyond which includes the running track area and going back to the fencing is County Developments Northampton Ltd's under a long lease from NBC.  What KT & DB have done is acquire from the liquidator of CDNL this company by way of a CVA with the contractors, Buckingham Group.  CDNL, that one same company the Cardozas set up to make a personal killing on the wider redevelopment profit but which never happened for them due to the Grossman disappearing funds scandal. What our present owners intentions are on the CDNL land only they know and, may I be wrong, but I think it safe to conclude that the club will not directly benefit. 

What I don't know is how and why NBC granted a long lease on this land to the Cardozas owned CDNL in the first place. I think the land was originally part of the lease to NTFC and, if that is so, it strengthens the argument that the club should benefit from development gain/future incomes.  Others will argue that if DB &KT making a big profit from the CDNL land is the price of DB's financial support of NTFC then it is a price worth paying.  I don't accept that since if the club had the benefit of the gain/income the value of DB's investment will increase with it and he can cash in when the time to sell the club comes.

What I think will not make one iota of difference but what NBC think and do will be critical.  The Trust have a very important role to play and we await their views.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21118 on: April 05, 2018, 19:08:41 pm »

The Hastings page...  Cool
Was going to post some cryptic ref to Hastings...but you've beaten me to it!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21119 on: April 05, 2018, 20:54:01 pm »

Was going to post some cryptic ref to Hastings...but you've beaten me to it!  Grin
You can do 1170  arch bishop of Canterbury   Thomas Becket assination. Not surprising for selling Nobbys plumb porter at near £5 a pint 🙄

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 [1056] 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: