The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 05:01:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1843026 times)
Tom and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21140 on: April 09, 2018, 09:43:32 am »

So going on your business ethos.. you identify a marketing opportunity but dont have the capacity in your factory, what do you do? Wait until your substandard factory magically becomes big enough to produce the goods?
With football its the very same thing, if you opperate out of sub standard  non to lower league ground, that is where you'll ply your trade.

I have some sympathy with your views - Sixfields isn't great. But, you've said this over and over and over again, so I ask you, isn't this an argument better saved until this God-awful season is over? I'd love a better ground, and I'd also agree that capacity as a prerequisite would aid the club's long term success following any promotion - but surely even you can see we currently have far greater concerns than any of this, right?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:55:02 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #21141 on: April 09, 2018, 09:57:47 am »

Sixfields may not be the greatest stadium in the world but I lose interest everytime it is called non league just to suit an argument.

For anybody that has been to matches in the conference and the north and south conferences Sixfields is anything but non league.
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21142 on: April 09, 2018, 09:58:49 am »

So going on your business ethos.. you identify a marketing opportunity but dont have the capacity in your factory, what do you do? Wait until your substandard factory magically becomes big enough to produce the goods?
With football its the very same thing, if you opperate out of sub standard  non to lower league ground, that is where you'll ply your trade.

No. I sub contract as needs be - use overtime and possibly shift patterns - take on temporary storage...etc. When I am happy that the market and the business are moving in the right direction, then I consolidate! I dont want to put the whole thing in jeopardy and end up with a big factory that costs me more than I can afford in the future because it's too big for my needs!

With football it's the very same thing! Bournemouth extended their ground when they got into the Championship. Now they are in the Premiership!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #21143 on: April 09, 2018, 10:05:05 am »

It is slightly odd that KT has t been as vocal as he normally is in recent months .
Bearing in mind the disaster with the expensive manager failure , probable relegation , the Chinese investment flop , the subsequent private investment bail out and the broken promises on the east stand from the council - there has been a lot to address .
I like KT and support him but he doesn’t like being put in positions where he can’t give fairly bland answers.
He must be pretty p*ssed offroght now.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21144 on: April 09, 2018, 10:10:13 am »

No. I sub contract as needs be - use overtime and possibly shift patterns - take on temporary storage...etc. When I am happy that the market and the business are moving in the right direction, then I consolidate! I dont want to put the whole thing in jeopardy and end up with a big factory that costs me more than I can afford in the future because it's too big for my needs!

With football it's the very same thing! Bournemouth extended their ground when they got into the Championship. Now they are in the Premiership!

'Take on temporary storage etc' must be the football equivalent of increasing the capacity 😉

And re Bournemouth, they had a neat and tidy plus 10,000 ground when in league 2 and built up the missing stand when they we promoted to the championship.
They will tell you their small ground has been the one major disappointing thing in their meteorical rise up the divisions.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #21145 on: April 09, 2018, 10:26:10 am »

They have also stated that they don't want to be lumbered with a ground that would be too big and too expensive if they were to drop from the Premier league.
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
« Reply #21146 on: April 09, 2018, 10:32:19 am »

'Take on temporary storage etc' must be the football equivalent of increasing the capacity 😉

No, temporary storage is being interesting enough to be on tv more regularly so that more people see you - and you get more tv rights money! Roll Eyes  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21147 on: April 09, 2018, 12:36:23 pm »

No, temporary storage is being interesting enough to be on tv more regularly so that more people see you - and you get more tv rights money! Roll Eyes  Kiss
Give over will you😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #21148 on: April 09, 2018, 12:54:16 pm »

They have also stated that they don't want to be lumbered with a ground that would be too big and too expensive if they were to drop from the Premier league.

Could you supply this quote from the club please?  

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/16080173.Cherries_stadium_plans_could_be_submitted_later_this_year/

They do not wish to develop a ground they do not own but wish to have their own stadium by 2021 in the meantime they will expand as much as they possibly can under current restrictions.

Answer the question, why has every club currently above us in the pyramid bar three chosen to invest in better equipped and larger in capacity stadia?

Again total horseshit from children in bedrooms.

Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #21149 on: April 09, 2018, 13:50:48 pm »

It was an interview I saw with the chairman when they were in their first Premier league season.
He said that as much as they would love a bigger ground they had to make sure that it never acted as a hindrance against them.

Not a 'direct' quote from him but I'm sure the interview can be found online somewhere if you're that desperate to find it.

Not 'horses***' as you eloquently put it, the vast majority of fans are in favour of redeveloping the ground how and when are where the differences crop up.

If you're keen to discuss the differences of opinion drop the childish comments it devalues any valid comments you might make.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21150 on: April 09, 2018, 14:29:10 pm »

When exactly Bri would be the right time ?  Perhaps after winning a league by 13 points and go up to a division that at the time had at least 6 teams that would bring 2000 plus fans?

Perhaps at a time when Northamptonshire is expanding  with 10000 plus new homes ?

Perhaps when the Chairman gets Control of NTFC for just about nothing and promises to invest £4m if NBC write off £10m?

Either the club needs a very rich owner or needs an owner who will build the club with a plan.

KT has a plan to make as much cash from NTFC as he can, he is not interested in building the club

Would be interested to hear your thoughts and why we should be willing to wait any longer?

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21151 on: April 09, 2018, 14:33:03 pm »

Hi Fez. Any news regarding the plans / info on lease etc following the trust board meeting?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #21152 on: April 09, 2018, 14:37:06 pm »

By putting the club up for sale  would be a very good starting point.
Its obvious that he isn't interested in or has the vision for what our club needs so selling up to another who have some plans and ideas will breath some life into our club.
They dont have to Russian oligarchs or Arab oil sheikhs but happy  to keep the club in the black while  overseeing and working with the clubs supporters, local population and its businesses raising funds by whatever means to build up the 3 areas of ground redevelopment we need desperately. These could be built in stages and take 5 years plus to complete to making sure the first phase helps fund the 2nd etc allowing it to be sustainable and most importantly involve the public at every stage to feel part of their local club.
Yes if by putting us up forsale we hook some big investors who are ready to build the club up, great even better but we can not allow ourselves to remain stuck for another 5 years in little Sixfields with its ridiculous half built leaking roof stand and two bus shelter sized stands behind the goals.
Its makes it very difficult for our club to sell its product to new customers.

You know as well as me that KT has made no secret at all of the fact that he will sell to the right investor. The bit you struggle with is accepting they rarely exist.. Because that doesn't sit well with your pathological, stalker like perspective of him.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21153 on: April 09, 2018, 15:18:44 pm »

Sixfields may not be the greatest stadium in the world but I lose interest everytime it is called non league just to suit an argument.

For anybody that has been to matches in the conference and the north and south conferences Sixfields is anything but non league.
we have the little stands, no arguments there, non league.
 Every single non league ground have large supporters bars and lounges.. we have got a tiny broom cupboard that cant even cater for food due to its size and has vast bar queues, not fit for purpose.
At nearly 50% of non league National prem grounds there's corperate boxes lounges etc.. we sometimes have a tent..
I make that Cobblers 1 non league 3
We actually  have a substandard non league ground.

Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
« Reply #21154 on: April 09, 2018, 15:23:41 pm »

Lets all spend loads-a-money, coz we all believe we can be top dog. Why should anything go wrong!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21155 on: April 09, 2018, 15:38:40 pm »

Lets all spend loads-a-money, coz we all believe we can be top dog. Why should anything go wrong!
Well the alternative is currently working well isn't it?
Bottom line is KT told the council he had £4m to invest.............
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21156 on: April 09, 2018, 15:45:17 pm »

You know as well as me that KT has made no secret at all of the fact that he will sell to the right investor. The bit you struggle with is accepting they rarely exist.. Because that doesn't sit well with your pathological, stalker like perspective of him.
Thats a bit harsh😂
Im sure hes a great guy who just wants to rinse the club for all he can get, nothing illegal or under hand there, business is business  but it doesn't mean we all have facilitate him by waiting several more years sucking it up through a straw.
I have seen many league clubs genuinely  being put up forsale and its been made common knowledge through sports media and the general press, Ive even seen adverts selling clubs over the years and posh was shown as a fly on the wall documentary to get a sale that got them a hefty investment which is still paying off, well done mr Fry.

Last 5 games we should get the cameras in, access all areas, warts and all but with special attention to our credentials as a club and Town thats ripe for investment and growth.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 15:57:43 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21157 on: April 09, 2018, 15:54:49 pm »

Try sustainable investment, Nothing to lose and everything to gain😉
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
« Reply #21158 on: April 09, 2018, 16:02:30 pm »

Try sustainable investment, Nothing to lose and everything to gain😉

GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE COMING AROUND TO MY WAY OF THINKING THEN, BEDS!

Well the alternative is currently working well isn't it?
Bottom line is KT told the council he had £4m to invest.............

WHAT WE'VE HAD RECENTLY ISN'T THE ALTERNATIVE! THAT IS HOW THINGS CAN GO WRONG. JUST AS WELL WE DIDN'T SPEND LOADS TO DRAMATICALLY INCREASE THE CAPACITY TO THE SORT OF NUMBERS YOU GUYS WANT. IF WE HAD AND WE GO BACK TO L2, WE'D ALL BE RATTLING AROUND IN A STADIUM TOO BIG FOR OUR NEEDS!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21159 on: April 09, 2018, 16:28:35 pm »

I have to admit that being outspoken against the inactivity at Sixfields and those who portray themselves as saviours and seek absolute adulation without criticism, and Im not talking about kim yong il and Kim the jounger un... This has unfortunately brought with it a little notoriety, most are ok with my stance to see our club crawl free from the oppression of North Korea sorry I mean Sixfields but others who I suspect are still staunch cardozaites who are probably still loyal to our supreme leader David 2005-16.. that have subsequently aligned their  support to Kelvin, have not shown any love or acceptance to my thoughts.
The club is different things to different folk, and all are welcome to demand the club they want, its just Im sick of us always  being a bit skint, small s hit and league 2.

I and probably more than you believe, agree with what your declared aspirations are over how our club should be progressed (with slight variations).  However it is, as I have expressed previously, your incessant banging of the same drum over and over again that irritates those who speak to me more than anything.
This is on a subject that the majority understand that, by reading between the lines, there have been third party delays that need to be endured to ensure that when the redevelopment restarts it is going to be more or less to a result not far from our desire by not 'rushing' into something of a half cocked version that in subsequent years is once again not fit for purpose. 
I honestly know no more than you do, but I believe that once the Council/NBC/etc issues are sorted, KT will endeavour to publicise and deliver his plans/priorities and eventual actions.  I sincerely hope that I am correct in my interpretation.
We have been relatively patient thus far, hopefully we will not need to be for too much longer.
In the meantime, I would suggest that in your case (a lot) less would be a whole lot more.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: