The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:30:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819331 times)
tcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21340 on: April 16, 2018, 06:49:01 am »

I thought the first part of the post was ok Oversees, then you turned into a keyboard warrior.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21341 on: April 16, 2018, 10:18:33 am »

A feature of a Capitalist Society is that the people with the money do what they want.

The people with nothing will remain with nothing, however many sweets are thrown from the balconies of the Palaces.

The folks of the Trust are doing a Sterling job, given the current climate.

A change of the current situation requires a Benefactor with enough millions to buy a say on the Board.

Else, "Goodnight Vienna".

At least, where things are, we have a situation where a voice is heard in the upper Echelons.  But, to think that anything else is feasible is, to be honest, fantasy land.

The "Owners" of the football club are in it for money.  That is the political landscape which this country has voted for in the last however many General Elections.  That is the reality..... and for the Owners, the word "Reality" is very important.  (Check your dictionaries).

Without the "Trust", what supporters' body is there?

With the Trust, how does one overthrow Capitalism and gain a voice?

The Paper Tiger is not the Trust, it is this Message Board.  I read nothing but meaningless waffle on this Board - lots of people prepared to say "he should do this", or "they should do that".

Get off your ferking fat arses and ferking do something, you load of s***e.

All you ferking tossers out there in Internet land, sitting behind your keyboards giving it the "You should do this"!, and "You didn't do that".  To use Defender's keyboard:  YOU ARE THE REASON WHY THIS CLUB IS GOING DOWN THE PAN.  YOU ARE A BUNCH OF WASTERS.  i WILL TAKE EVERYONE OF YOU ON, ONE BY ONE, IN A UFC RING, AND YOU'LL ALL BE PISSING YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU SEE ME.  AND THAT WILL NOT BE THROUGH LAUGHTER...... GROW SOME BALLS AND FERKING FIGHT FOR REAL, NOT WITH TWERKING PRETTY WORDS ON A KEYBOARD".

Message understood?

Anyone happy to meet me, face to face on this issue?Huh?Huh?

Anyone want to support the Trust and get a consolidated message across?

What a load of useless keyboard tigers you lot really are......

Happy to catch up at some pint of shandy, or lemonade in your case. But I will try to put across my concerns.

For the Trust to be effective it has to have the main body of the support behind it. Not so much a reflection of this site, but more a reflection of how it represents us overall. My sentiments are quite simple. If there are mixed messages from both sides of the fence, then report that. If you are not convinced that the "capitalists" are playing fair, then report that. By all means go out on a limb and have an opinion. Brian Lomax was all about letting the facts out in the open, and allowing the supporters to deal with them as they see fit.

I believe the initial damage that was inflicted on the Trust, was by the closeness of DC to them. That has no reflection on the current Trust board, as that relationship was fostered by Tony Clarke. However, the Trust genuinely struggled to gain any serious traction at board level post that era. Under KT it has suffered another significant blow in terms of the loss of the seat on the board. So where is it now, and what is it's thoughts on the current situation? The truth is, I don't know. As a member of the Trust, and a very long term sufferer supporter of the club, I'm in the dark. Now... If the Trust know more about the current situation than I do, then share it with me and perhaps then I can get off my "ferking fat arse"  Kiss and help. I have gone out of my way to fight what I see as wrong over the years at NTFC. And I am still involved in that from the perspective of what DC did to us. But there is fcuk all I can do if I am not given the facts.

I have no axe to grind with the Trust. Just report back what is being said. Every detail. Do not enter a meeting, unless you can immediately report back the contents of that meeting. If the council say DC is to blame.. Then report it. If KT says it's the Council, then report it. I cannot see a place where the Trust will do anything other than get it's fingers burnt if there is anything more than total candour. Like I say. I have asked to meet with those that were present at the meetings. I will ask at the start of the meeting if they are happy for me to report back anything that has been said. If they say no, then I will leave and state that they wish for some information to remain confidential. Then you, me and everyone elese can at least draw there own conclusions from it. Equally... If they want me to help them. I'm available.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #21342 on: April 16, 2018, 10:40:26 am »

Thanks for the feedback Nigel. I shall pass it on.

All I can say is that we're trying to establish as much information as we can, hence we're calling for this meeting. Once we all have that, then I'm sure we'll be all ears.

But surely the position is clear as day? The club have provided the paperwork and legal representation to NBC to normalise the lease issue on the land. This has been with NBC since December, with no reply. Action on NBC to explain WTF is going on??
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21343 on: April 16, 2018, 12:17:46 pm »

But surely the position is clear as day? The club have provided the paperwork and legal representation to NBC to normalise the lease issue on the land. This has been with NBC since December, with no reply. Action on NBC to explain WTF is going on??
The issued statement says "In the last month, the Trust has held meetings with both the council and the football club, and we are at the stage now where we are being told conflicting information as to who needs to take the next step to conclude these matters".
    This says its not "as clear as day"
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #21344 on: April 16, 2018, 13:28:16 pm »

Groundhog Day , the very same happened under Cardoza "I want to develop but they wont let me"  council "nothing stopping you from developing"  someones being economical with the truth, what we need is a march from the Guildhall and call for answers,the last one went well didn't it  Grin.  incidentally when that was organised it was categorically stated that it wasn't anything to do with the trust, reason unknown
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #21345 on: April 16, 2018, 14:24:47 pm »

The issued statement says "In the last month, the Trust has held meetings with both the council and the football club, and we are at the stage now where we are being told conflicting information as to who needs to take the next step to conclude these matters".
    This says its not "as clear as day"

But the trust met with the council previously did they not? and the council acknowledged that there was a task that they were responsible for completing? and that they hoped to have it completed by the end of march?

So have the council now changed their mind?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21346 on: April 16, 2018, 15:28:18 pm »

All these questions are why we've called the meeting.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #21347 on: April 16, 2018, 16:26:48 pm »

its probably nearer several thousand as Ive been forced to change poster name a few times pver this last 13 years  Grin
No, you haven't. You've deleted your own account and re-signed up a number of times over the past 13 years. You haven't been "forced" to do anything.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21348 on: April 16, 2018, 16:29:55 pm »

All these questions are why we've called the meeting.
We must have a definitive list of what it is we need to exploit the vast catchment area at our disposal in order to finally build up our club, minimal requirements is a 3000 capacity increase and the east stand fully fitted out.
Mainly to give the place a more professional and enticing leisure prospect to new customers.
We also need a list of whatever is being offered up by those seeking to profit from land leases etc, these must be made available for acceptance of all supporters, its trust and general public of Northampton before any negotiations with the Borough council commence ... why the hell would we bother meeting them without any of this in place?
If its as I  suspect we get offered an embarrasing small amount of redev dressed up as a major project with fanciful figures but will be nothing more than a token gesture, we must resist and avoid the council handing over valuble leases that wont fully benefit NTFC that will be regretted for decades.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #21349 on: April 16, 2018, 16:31:30 pm »

Good posts Tel…

I speak as an individual here when I say Id like some significant pressure put on KT unless things dramatically change in the coming few weeks. Weeks not months.

We (Trust) do of course have to get our facts right though first, can't go around announcing 'news' if its not totally concrete. Thats what we are trying to establish Sir.

Of course the timing of all of this has coincided with a full on battle to stay in this division, something that was quite possible only about 3 weeks ago.

I've got my own views on KT, and currently they are far from positive. But thats me being a cynical bugger!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21350 on: April 16, 2018, 17:10:53 pm »

We must have a definitive list of what it is we need to exploit the vast catchment area at our disposal in order to finally build up our club, minimal requirements is a 3000 capacity increase and the east stand fully fitted out.
Mainly to give the place a more professional and enticing leisure prospect to new customers.

Agreed...  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #21351 on: April 16, 2018, 17:42:24 pm »

We also need a list of whatever is being offered up by those seeking to profit from land leases etc, these must be made available for acceptance of all supporters, its trust and general public of Northampton before any negotiations with the Borough council commence ... why the hell would we bother meeting them without any of this in place?
If its as I  suspect we get offered an embarrasing small amount of redev dressed up as a major project with fanciful figures but will be nothing more than a token gesture, we must resist and avoid the council handing over valuble leases that wont fully benefit NTFC that will be regretted for decades.

Which leases do you think they are going to give away? From my albeit limited understanding is the delay from the council is clarification on the boundarys of leases already held by NTFCV and CDNL not new ones being handed over. Surely you don't think the council can be that stupid again? Oh hold on it is NBC so they could be.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21352 on: April 16, 2018, 18:00:47 pm »

Which leases do you think they are going to give away? From my albeit limited understanding is the delay from the council is clarification on the boundarys of leases already held by NTFCV and CDNL not new ones being handed over. Surely you don't think the council can be that stupid again? Oh hold on it is NBC so they could be.
More worried about our football club being served yet another bum deal from whatever it is thats being battled over that leads me to believe we need to have a strong voice in which to demand hard that we get a great deal.
We need to come out of it with knowing what we get is the very best outcome which will need an awful lot of openess and honesty.
All cards on the table.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #21353 on: April 16, 2018, 18:25:59 pm »

More worried about our football club being served yet another bum deal from whatever it is thats being battled over that leads me to believe we need to have a strong voice in which to demand hard that we get a great deal.
We need to come out of it with knowing what we get is the very best outcome which will need an awful lot of openess and honesty.
All cards on the table.

It will be a cold day in hell before you see a council member lay anything on the table he doesn't have to. They showed themselves to be complete títs last time and they hopefully are going to try their best not to do the same this time, but I wouldn't count on it.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21354 on: April 17, 2018, 05:24:00 am »

It will be a cold day in hell before you see a council member lay anything on the table he doesn't have to. They showed themselves to be complete títs last time and they hopefully are going to try their best not to do the same this time, but I wouldn't count on it.
Again all guess work and supposition on my part, but I fear the council will be put into a corner by our clubs supporters trust /support base  demanding they facilitate this latest consortium to take control of land leases in order to allow our football club some unconditional  enabling monies from this windfall, that will be pitiful in the extreme, but happily accepted on our behalf by close friends of KT and co instead of hard negotiations for a pre agreed minimum acceptable amount by our supporters.
Nothing now but retaining these adjacent grounds for the future is a better option than accepting a token gesture and a lost golden oppertunity.
Basically those too cozy with this regime must be hooked from any negotiations.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:26:50 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21355 on: April 17, 2018, 06:33:49 am »

Both KT and NBC deserve criticism because neither has come forward and said in plain language what still needs to be done.  All we have been told is that the leases drawn up by the council contain overlapping boundaries. If that is the case it shouldn't take long to sort out and certainly not this long.  The suspicion is that there is more to this than meets the eye and just as with 5USport KT is proving to be very slow at coming forward.  We have had a season of silence from him. he is not doing very well.  On the other hand if it is the council then he should have no problem in establishing that he is not the cause of the delay. 

Beds is a soft target for many on this site but it should occur to you he may be right about the risk of our owners making a big profit from the CDNL and disappearing.  I am sure the Trust is aware of the risk but we await their views on this.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21356 on: April 17, 2018, 07:04:14 am »

On NTFC announcing the partnership with 5USPORTS

“We have agreed initially there will be an increase in the playing budget, plus also a budget for the purchases of younger players who can be developed and improved. We have also agreed levels of investment into other areas of the club including the East Stand and other development areas"

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/5usport/

Given the problems caused by a lack of information from the Cardoza camp on their attempt at redevelopment it is problematic that so much is still unknown about Thomas and Bower's plans.

How are they planning to bridge the gap from 5USports investment into the East Stand and do the "other development areas" and/or a wider "masterplan" still exist?

Otherwise an explanation into lack of detail on the project with valid reasons would be helpful.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21357 on: April 17, 2018, 07:15:14 am »

Very diplomatically put, meccano, but maybe the time to take off the gloves is fast approaching.  The lack of information from the club has to be a matter for serious concern.  I stress the word information not the usual flannel from KT.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21358 on: April 17, 2018, 07:33:14 am »

Very diplomatically put, meccano, but maybe the time to take off the gloves is fast approaching.  The lack of information from the club has to be a matter for serious concern.  I stress the word information not the usual flannel from KT.

The board deserve the benefit of the doubt within reason.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21359 on: April 17, 2018, 07:40:30 am »

The board deserve the benefit of the doubt within reason.
I think they had that in spades TBH mate.
It's been a horrific season both on and off the field, 3 different managers and 2 different owners all in a shroud of silence, I think it's time for a protest if theirs no information before the last game of the season.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: