The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:59:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820361 times)
FezNTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21360 on: April 17, 2018, 08:36:39 am »

Again all guess work and supposition on my part, but I fear the council will be put into a corner by our clubs supporters trust /support base  demanding they facilitate this latest consortium to take control of land leases in order to allow our football club some unconditional  enabling monies from this windfall, that will be pitiful in the extreme, but happily accepted on our behalf by close friends of KT and co instead of hard negotiations for a pre agreed minimum acceptable amount by our supporters.
Nothing now but retaining these adjacent grounds for the future is a better option than accepting a token gesture and a lost golden oppertunity.
Basically those too cozy with this regime must be hooked from any negotiations.

How much would you consider the pre agreed minimum acceptable amount?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21361 on: April 17, 2018, 11:34:01 am »

How much would you consider the pre agreed minimum acceptable amount?
Enough to fit out the east stand to an acceptable level for corperate and other match day requirements  and increase the capacity by 3000, so £1.5m for the east and similar for a bank of terracing built above the south stand seats.
If they can agree to do that let them fill their boots.
If not resist them.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21362 on: April 17, 2018, 11:59:24 am »

Enough to fit out the east stand to an acceptable level for corperate and other match day requirements  and increase the capacity by 3000, so £1.5m for the east and similar for a bank of terracing built above the south stand seats.
If not resist them.
The thing is Fez. Can you resist them?  Tongue Oooer.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21363 on: April 17, 2018, 12:19:27 pm »

If not resist them.

A 3000 capacity terrace above the South Stand and the 'acceptable' completion of the East Stand for £3M?
Are you making up numbers again?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21364 on: April 17, 2018, 12:43:30 pm »

A bank of 3000 terracing is never going to happen ever, put the top tier on the south stand and finish off the east as best as possible
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21365 on: April 17, 2018, 13:00:42 pm »

Kelvin said last week that there is no business case at present to expand capacity to 10/12000 when questioned...therefore forget anything other than the boxes being put into the East Stand.

Banks of terracing, second tiers on stands....forget it!!

When KT says there's no business case, but at the same times goes on about waiting for the council......ask yourself for what are we waiting?Huh?

We know we are waiting for corporate enhancements, boxes and lounges etc......but as for short to medium term expansion of the ground for Joe Public.....??
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: April 17, 2018, 13:09:48 pm »

It should be perfectly possible to finance a second tier on the South Stand according to the original designs and crowd funded by Tifosy like at Stevenage. Just because it's not in the board's business model doesn't mean it's not possible.

That said, given the club don't own the stadium, is it worth spending money on it or should a new build be sought closer to the town centre?

It's like a tenant putting an extension on a rented house.

Is the East Stand future proofed? I have my doubts.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 13:20:08 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #21367 on: April 17, 2018, 13:23:44 pm »

Just knock the whole bloody thing down and erase it from our memories.
So bored of this saga, never seen anything like it, absolute shambles, its embarrassing.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21368 on: April 17, 2018, 14:02:28 pm »

It should be perfectly possible to finance a second tier on the South Stand according to the original designs and crowd funded by Tifosy like at Stevenage. Just because it's not in the board's business model doesn't mean it's not possible.

That said, given the club don't own the stadium, is it worth spending money on it or should a new build be sought closer to the town centre?

It's like a tenant putting an extension on a rented house.

Is the East Stand future proofed? I have my doubts.
while any improvements to the ground is good, we must not waste money in doing things that barely alterer the tinpottedness  of the ground thus not adding to a big match day experience that currently is putting off many would be fans from attending matches at Sixfields.

Thomas's insistance again that Sixfields has no justification or business case for expansion and redevelopment  above a tiny 7600 should be the final nail in his coffin as one to be taken seriously as a progressive chairmain who has our clubs future at heart.
He is totally wrong and I doubt he even believes this nonsense just toeing the party line that will be to our clubs detriment. 
He should be encouraged to sell up as we have been strung along for decades and need proper owners whose main interest is growing our club, something this lot is desperate to avoid properly getting involved with.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: April 17, 2018, 14:11:39 pm »

tinpotedness  Cheesy 

Be interested to see the business case for finishing the East. How long will the boxes take to pay back the investment?

I guess theres a question to ask. I.e this is our lot at Sixfields and just try and make do with what we've got. Extending the North and South is possible. The corners maybe.

Or do you think outside the box? New stadium elsewhere, joint development with Saints at Sixfields, let Saints
develop Sixfields and we get the Gardens?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 14:15:53 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #21370 on: April 17, 2018, 14:18:52 pm »

I actually agree with this aspect.

I don't believe there is a business case to expand the capacity at Sixfields at all. An imaginary extra 3000 terrace floating above the existing away end will mean we'll still only have a top end League 2/Bottom end League 1 capacity.

The only way we'll progress is a new stadium in a better location. Possibly replicating what the Bescot does, but utilising the popular M1 for it's vast commercial opportunities.

Obviously neither scenario will happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: April 17, 2018, 14:20:32 pm »

I wouldn't say Sixfields is in a bad location?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21372 on: April 17, 2018, 14:24:32 pm »

The only way we'll progress is a new stadium in a better location. Possibly replicating what the Bescot does, but utilising the popular M1 for it's vast commercial opportunities.

If the stadium was in a better location you would need amazing eyesight to see it from the M1  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: April 17, 2018, 14:26:54 pm »

I wouldn't say Sixfields is in a bad location?

The likes of Coventry, Walsall etc pick up excellent music concerts as well as being ideally placed for business conferences and the like. Sixfields is in a dead area for the '365 days a year business'.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest48

« Reply #21374 on: April 17, 2018, 14:35:34 pm »

while any improvements to the ground is good, we must not waste money in doing things that barely alterer the tinpottedness  of the ground thus not adding to a big match day experience that currently is putting off many would be fans from attending matches at Sixfields.

The things that are putting people off attending at the moment are
1. P*ss poor football and very poor results and 2. £22 for 3rd division football, but I know that's the going rate.
I really would like to know what extra is needed for "A big match experience" for the average punter ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21375 on: April 17, 2018, 14:40:20 pm »

The likes of Coventry, Walsall etc pick up excellent music concerts as well as being ideally placed for business conferences and the like. Sixfields is in a dead area for the '365 days a year business'.
Have you been around by Coventry and Walsall's grounds on non match days ? I have and apart from Tesco's at Cov its no different to Sixfields and Walsall has a McDonalds and a budget hotel to go with a load of warehouses.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #21376 on: April 17, 2018, 14:59:40 pm »

Have you been around by Coventry and Walsall's grounds on non match days ? I have and apart from Tesco's at Cov its no different to Sixfields and Walsall has a McDonalds and a budget hotel to go with a load of warehouses.

Yes, I regularly attend conferences/training days at both unfortunately. I probably shouldn't reference Coventry due to the horrible nature of the football side... but what they offer on non matchdays is fantastic. Excellent transport with a train going direct to the stadium (likewise Bescot).

This is what Walsall offer:

•17 individual function rooms
•Our capacities range from 2 to 1000 guests
•Located in the heart of the West Midlands
•12 miles north of Birmingham
•Close proximity to the M6 J9
•Over 1000 FREE parking spaces on site
•Bescot station is a short walk from the stadium
•Complimentary WiFi throughout the stadium
•Hotel accommodation on site

Their motorway billboard advertising is a bit of a money spinner too. This is their venue's website for information of what lower league clubs should do at a minimum: http://www.wfcthevenue.co.uk/

Attracting England youth games (due to travel ease) is another way they generate money outside of the regular season.

Fingers crossed they get relegated (with Coventry staying down)... these'll be my local games next season!
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21377 on: April 17, 2018, 15:04:10 pm »

I actually agree with this aspect.

I don't believe there is a business case to expand the capacity at Sixfields at all. An imaginary extra 3000 terrace floating above the existing away end will mean we'll still only have a top end League 2/Bottom end League 1 capacity.

Obviously neither scenario will happen.

I'd rather stay at Sixfields than be plonked out near the M1. The only reason to move would be to be closer to the Town Centre imo.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21378 on: April 17, 2018, 15:04:55 pm »

They have a great supporters bar though tbf.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21379 on: April 17, 2018, 15:07:48 pm »

I just don't see what benefit moving two miles down the road would be? Sixfields v town centre? Really not much in it to be honest, let alone finding the space closer to a town centre.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: