The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 16:37:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 2197   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1839777 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21380 on: April 17, 2018, 15:34:10 pm »

The likes of Coventry, Walsall etc pick up excellent music concerts as well as being ideally placed for business conferences and the like. Sixfields is in a dead area for the '365 days a year business'.
Coventry ''picking up concerts' has absolutely nothing to do with its location - next to the Foleshill Road and close proximity to one of the UK's candidates as Hell Hole of the Century...Bedworth!!!

It's the Ricoh's size and capacity that gets the gig...along with Wasps!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 15:42:15 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #21381 on: April 17, 2018, 15:37:42 pm »

Yes, I regularly attend conferences/training days at both unfortunately. I probably shouldn't reference Coventry due to the horrible nature of the football side... but what they offer on non matchdays is fantastic. Excellent transport with a train going direct to the stadium (likewise Bescot).

This is what Walsall offer:

•17 individual function rooms
•Our capacities range from 2 to 1000 guests
•Located in the heart of the West Midlands
•12 miles north of Birmingham
•Close proximity to the M6 J9
•Over 1000 FREE parking spaces on site
•Bescot station is a short walk from the stadium
•Complimentary WiFi throughout the stadium
•Hotel accommodation on site

Their motorway billboard advertising is a bit of a money spinner too. This is their venue's website for information of what lower league clubs should do at a minimum: http://www.wfcthevenue.co.uk/

Attracting England youth games (due to travel ease) is another way they generate money outside of the regular season.

Fingers crossed they get relegated (with Coventry staying down)... these'll be my local games next season!
Oh and a train has never stopped at that platform for a game - ever! If the location is so dandy - why do we have to get taxis from the centre? And yes, I know Coventry well!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21382 on: April 17, 2018, 15:44:34 pm »

A night out in Bedderth is not for the faint hearted
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21383 on: April 17, 2018, 15:48:14 pm »

Maybe the idea of a new Stadium is something to be further explored ? Maybe moving the Club further East in the Town , back to its roots , could work.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21384 on: April 17, 2018, 15:54:05 pm »

Maybe the idea of a new Stadium is something to be further explored ? Maybe moving the Club further East in the Town , back to its roots , could work.
There are 2 hopes for a new stadium
1) NO HOPE
2) BOB HOPE
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #21385 on: April 17, 2018, 16:06:47 pm »

Oh and a train has never stopped at that platform for a game - ever! If the location is so dandy - why do we have to get taxis from the centre? And yes, I know Coventry well!

I did state non-matchday for the train usage. I wasn't on about matchday experience with anything I was waffling on about... purely the commercial side.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21386 on: April 17, 2018, 16:21:01 pm »

"Moving further from the M1". Why?
"Moving nearer to the M1". Why?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21387 on: April 17, 2018, 16:28:14 pm »

I love the Sixfields location multiple food outlets and a dozen pubs and bars within a short walk  its easy access from m1 j15a and 16, its 15 mins walk from the station or regular  buses from the station or town.
We are very lucky its not an out of town ground but one close by.
All it needs to stop killing us progressing is jooshing up a bit to look like a real football venue, one locals want to be associated with.
Kelvin should be made to explain his latest bout of belittling our towns football team without using lame excuses like 'we dont sell out' in an amateurish  5hithole thats a turn off  to most young fans who we need to target.
And also explain why he thinks a lack of extra capacity with a countywide catchment of 750,000 is a good thing  if you have ambitions outside L2?
He wont be able to because he knows he's very wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21388 on: April 17, 2018, 16:38:23 pm »

The things that are putting people off attending at the moment are
1. P*ss poor football and very poor results and 2. £22 for 3rd division football, but I know that's the going rate.
I really would like to know what extra is needed for "A big match experience" for the average punter ?
I’m actually put off by the ground
I’ve given up looking across at the east stand as it just acts to reinforce the farce that has been ntfc over the last decade.
Back down in the bottom division with embarrassing facilities.
That phrase encapsulates the club for the vast majority of its exsistence.
For many fans,looking out at that embarrassment just focuses the mind that it’s always been so and there is NOTHING at the moment that suggests anything will change in the future.

Hardly a season ticket seller when you think about it.
Enough is enough as far as I’m concerned.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #21389 on: April 17, 2018, 16:49:43 pm »

The fact is, and this is where so many people I think get their wires crossed is thus:

1. There is no bloody business case to expand Sixfields. By business case Im talking a return on investment. Any 'investment' would take years (and I mean years) to yield a return. Forget increased crowds, championship football etc…it doesn't/wouldn't make the money men/women any £££!

2. We have been 'owned' by 'outsiders' for the last 15 or so years. The only thing we ever bloody hear about (other than the season when we did win the league and nearly went bust at the same time) is redevelopment, council, leases, land etc.

Now work it out. No 'outsider' is going to fund us unless:

(a) they can make themselves a few quid
(b) they are in it for vanity
© there are educational benefits *

*this is a p1ss take

HOWEVER. IF. and its a big IF. The Club was run by people who were not in it for profit, then *perhaps the money that could be made from any land 'on offer/available' would ALL be channelled back into the football club. By ALL Im not talking a token re-fit. Id also have no problems if a large percentage of the 'profit' was spent on players/trying to improve the team. Instead of just the stadium. But either way, Id like to see it spent on the football club.

Under our current ownership, some of us have hoped that the ground would get some TLC. Others, quite clearly…and I can see their reasoning…are happy for it not to be addressed, agreeing with the chairman when he says it doesn't warrant it. It *probably doesn't…BUT…

….Why the bloody hell are we having that debate? If the land is there to be had, money to be made from it…then that money should be channelled directly into the football club! A football club is not an investable opportunity, or at least it shouldn't be. The whole concept is to try and get a team up the divisions and to win things. As the team rises it gets bigger gates, more money is generated, more wages can then be paid out etc. There is no profit to be made…unless the team gets into the champions league or flukes its way to the prem and the owners can 'do what the Blackpool owners did'!!

so for me its a pointless debate. If we want Northampton Town FC to be more successful, we need better facilities and better players. Not one before the other. It needs to have simultaneously. Infrastructure wise we are worse now than we were in 1994 when we moved to Sixfields. The grounds worse than what it was, we have a board consisting of one bloke who lives in the States half the time and the other who is mainly in Dubai. We have a colossal wage bill. No manager. And are about to be relegated.

By all means cheer the team on on Saturday, I will most certainly be until we go 3-0 down!  Grin But FFS, some of you's lot need to wake up and smell the coffee. Its like 3/4/5 years ago all over again! We should all be crying out for a better Stadium. NOW!
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #21390 on: April 17, 2018, 18:07:58 pm »

The likes of Coventry, Walsall etc pick up excellent music concerts as well as being ideally placed for business conferences and the like. Sixfields is in a dead area for the '365 days a year business'.
I'd say the Ricoh and Sixfields are probably about the same distance from their respective motorways. There's can't be much in it. And as for Wallsall, well you can see it 45 minutes before you can get off the M6 and get to it so not totally sure how they're both better placed tbh
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest49

« Reply #21391 on: April 17, 2018, 18:12:00 pm »

I'd say the Ricoh and Sixfields are probably about the same distance from their respective motorways. There's can't be much in it. And as for Wallsall, well you can see it 45 minutes before you can get off the M6 and get to it so not totally sure how they're both better placed tbh

It’s hardly the location at fault. The biggest girl band in the world are playing at the County Ground, with possibly one of the worst locations in town.
Sixfields must be one of the best located grounds in the country to access, unless you are coming up Weedon Road!
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21392 on: April 17, 2018, 18:35:56 pm »

It's cloud cuckoo land to be thinking about a new ground elsewhere. As for moving nearer the town centre, what planet is meccano on? There is nothing wrong with our present location; access is easy and with better management of the car park exits getting away would be alright.  But the main issue has to be developing this site, by which I mean the whole site including the CDNL land (posters are surprisingly quiet on this aspect but that is probably why DB and KT are here) to the benefit of the club and the town. Only beds and myself ever seem to comment on this. Where does the Trust stand on this issue?  I am a member but I have no idea.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21393 on: April 17, 2018, 18:47:10 pm »

It's cloud cuckoo land to be thinking about a new ground elsewhere. As for moving nearer the town centre, what planet is meccano on? There is nothing wrong with our present location; access is easy and with better management of the car park exits getting away would be alright.  But the main issue has to be developing this site, by which I mean the whole site including the CDNL land (posters are surprisingly quiet on this aspect but that is probably why DB and KT are here) to the benefit of the club and the town. Only beds and myself ever seem to comment on this. Where does the Trust stand on this issue?  I am a member but I have no idea.

Why is it possible for other clubs to build grounds to be proud of but not us? Unless there is a vision and different avenues explored properly who knows? As for the Town Centre it is hardly bloody Mayfair. Barren land all over the place.

P.S the club don't own the freehold.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 18:52:42 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #21394 on: April 17, 2018, 18:53:21 pm »

"Moving further from the M1". Why?
"Moving nearer to the M1". Why?

I wish I never said it now!! It's completely pointless and will literally never happen. But my reasoning was purely for commercial reasons (conferencing facilities, hotel usage etc etc). I'd be sceptical towards Sixfields being able to tap into this market. But then again, I think I'm becoming more cynical as the years drag on... I'm also hugely sceptical an extra 3000 capacity bolted onto our away end will make any difference.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #21395 on: April 17, 2018, 18:58:09 pm »

Why is it possible for other clubs to build grounds to be proud of but not us? Unless there is a vision and different avenues explored properly who knows? As for the Town Centre it is hardly bloody Mayfair. Barren land all over the place.

P.S the club don't own the freehold.

I remember those car stickers all those years ago…move the Cobblers to Brackmills!

Much of what you suggest I agree with including the safe standing. But moving the club to the town centre would be a total non starter. And frankly a total pointless exercise. Football has moved on mate. The club couldn't even find a site 30 years ago, and even if there is a site, the local's will complain, the council wouldn't be able to justify planning permission, access would be a nightmare. And they've already built us on ground…the one we are on! Whose gonna (a) buy a load of land & (b) build a ground from scratch when we couldn't make a £1 from flogging the place we are already in!

AFC R&D have had to ground share since re-forming, and they could justify a new build! See Kettering Town as well. Just a couple of local examples to use Sir.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21396 on: April 17, 2018, 19:10:10 pm »

I’m actually put off by the ground
I’ve given up looking across at the east stand as it just acts to reinforce the farce that has been ntfc over the last decade.
Back down in the bottom division with embarrassing facilities.
That phrase encapsulates the club for the vast majority of its exsistence.
For many fans,looking out at that embarrassment just focuses the mind that it’s always been so and there is NOTHING at the moment that suggests anything will change in the future.

Hardly a season ticket seller when you think about it.
Enough is enough as far as I’m concerned.
I think you've summed it up Shoey. Looking out onto the East Stand is a constant reminder of the biggest balls up in the clubs history. It actualy feels like we're going through a slow and painful death.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #21397 on: April 17, 2018, 19:59:30 pm »

Barren land all over the place.

Bar the Greyfriars site, which is an absurd suggestion, where is all this barren land?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21398 on: April 17, 2018, 20:13:53 pm »

Bar the Greyfriars site, which is an absurd suggestion, where is all this barren land?

Semilong? Kings Heath? The Eastern District?  Grin Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3114

« Reply #21399 on: April 17, 2018, 22:02:36 pm »

The fact is, and this is where so many people I think get their wires crossed is thus:

1. There is no bloody business case to expand Sixfields. By business case Im talking a return on investment. Any 'investment' would take years (and I mean years) to yield a return. Forget increased crowds, championship football etc…it doesn't/wouldn't make the money men/women any £££!

2. We have been 'owned' by 'outsiders' for the last 15 or so years. The only thing we ever bloody hear about (other than the season when we did win the league and nearly went bust at the same time) is redevelopment, council, leases, land etc.

Now work it out. No 'outsider' is going to fund us unless:

(a) they can make themselves a few quid
(b) they are in it for vanity
© there are educational benefits *

*this is a p1ss take

HOWEVER. IF. and its a big IF. The Club was run by people who were not in it for profit, then *perhaps the money that could be made from any land 'on offer/available' would ALL be channelled back into the football club. By ALL Im not talking a token re-fit. Id also have no problems if a large percentage of the 'profit' was spent on players/trying to improve the team. Instead of just the stadium. But either way, Id like to see it spent on the football club.

Under our current ownership, some of us have hoped that the ground would get some TLC. Others, quite clearly…and I can see their reasoning…are happy for it not to be addressed, agreeing with the chairman when he says it doesn't warrant it. It *probably doesn't…BUT…

….Why the bloody hell are we having that debate? If the land is there to be had, money to be made from it…then that money should be channelled directly into the football club! A football club is not an investable opportunity, or at least it shouldn't be. The whole concept is to try and get a team up the divisions and to win things. As the team rises it gets bigger gates, more money is generated, more wages can then be paid out etc. There is no profit to be made…unless the team gets into the champions league or flukes its way to the prem and the owners can 'do what the Blackpool owners did'!!

so for me its a pointless debate. If we want Northampton Town FC to be more successful, we need better facilities and better players. Not one before the other. It needs to have simultaneously. Infrastructure wise we are worse now than we were in 1994 when we moved to Sixfields. The grounds worse than what it was, we have a board consisting of one bloke who lives in the States half the time and the other who is mainly in Dubai. We have a colossal wage bill. No manager. And are about to be relegated.

By all means cheer the team on on Saturday, I will most certainly be until we go 3-0 down!  Grin But FFS, some of you's lot need to wake up and smell the coffee. Its like 3/4/5 years ago all over again! We should all be crying out for a better Stadium. NOW!
Drilling, I have tried in vain to get some to grasp this concept for a while. When everyone talks of investment what they have to realise is that when you suggest this you are immediately in competition with every other investment opportunity including those outside football. The biggest investment groups outside of the banks in the UK are the pension and investment funds. All of these invest in a spread of investments to negate the risk so have multiple investments across their portfolios. I challenge anyone on here to find an investment fund with a financial interest in any club outside of the PLCs. The reason is the ROI is too small, too long and crucially too risky.
Investors in the true sense are in it for the money end of story and no investors other than those off their fcking trolley are going to invest in NTFC. The only hope is individual ownership such as KT but with the cash to bankroll it as a hobby. Others have used councils etc for the vague justification of community benefit, but we can safely assume that’s out. The club doesn’t have any assets, so unless the mystery benefactor is found we are fcked.
The time for this to happen was when Sixfields was built in the first place (let’s be honest, what a disappointment it was from day one), or when the Cardozas managed to convince the council to part with cash. Both opportunities have been and gone and that’s pretty much it. The absolute b0llocks I read about sustainable growth and hard sell are just plain nonsense. Those writing this bullsh1t obviously have no concept of the figures involved because they are eye watering. Assume you need 10 million? The average very successful company has a profit of around 15 - 20%. To generate 10 million to invest in a year you would need to turnover around 60 million once corporation tax is taken into account and then blow the whole lot on the club? FFS get a grip, it ain’t ever going to happen. Unless we get a mystery benefactor willing to blow his wad we are screwed.
Like everyone else I would love a great ground, but we can do all the crying out we like, it ain’t happening so get over it. For those in doubt write a business plan, send it to every fund manager listed in the FT and see how far you get? If it’s as attractive as some would have you believe then they will be falling over themselves on the way to KTs door? It would be more pro active than living in fantasy land writing endless b0llocks on here? Don’t fcking hold your breath though. The only slight chance we have is success on the pitch. I’m sorry in some peoples eyes that makes me and those like minded only “so called supporters that are killing the club” but don’t shoot the messenger.
As a side note I will help some out with the calculation. Suppose we had 6,000 season ticket holders at £380 a pop. That’s 2.3 million. Assume you could double that by adding a bigger crowd plus renting parts of the ground for other use etc? If you were able to generate 20% profit which would be good going that’s £750,000 profit a year after tax. That’s 13 years before you get your money back on £10 million. At 40% which is frankly for a football club in the realms of mentally delusional it’s 7 and a half years. Remember that’s if you double the income on 6000 season ticket holders, get the picture? Attract investors my arse, some on here must be on drugs?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 2197   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: