The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:37:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822261 times)
DustonCobbler, Tabasco Kid, JeanGenie and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #21420 on: April 18, 2018, 14:27:01 pm »

Just a quick reminder that the club actually turned a profit in our 2016-17 Financial results. Granted the Man Utd League Cup game will have helped but surely this shows that it's possible to run the club at break even and maintain (just) League 1 football?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21421 on: April 18, 2018, 15:25:59 pm »

Just a quick reminder that the club actually turned a profit in our 2016-17 Financial results. Granted the Man Utd League Cup game will have helped but surely this shows that it's possible to run the club at break even and maintain (just) League 1 football?
As an interest are you aware of what percentage?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #21422 on: April 18, 2018, 15:45:57 pm »

As an interest are you aware of what percentage?

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/981777486068568064

£175k profit.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21423 on: April 18, 2018, 21:24:14 pm »

That will buy a decent Aston Martin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3114

« Reply #21424 on: April 19, 2018, 00:26:30 am »

That will buy a decent Aston Martin
Forget all the figures I previously quoted. They are so overly optimistic they are delusional.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #21425 on: April 19, 2018, 06:23:23 am »

What you need is a cash rich fan looking to indulge without worry if they are likely to recoup their “investment”. I have a euromillions ticket for Friday. If I was fortunate enough to win this I’d build a stand just to shut this down.

Personally I think we should have serious talks with the Saints and move in the Gardens. Standing for those that want it, bars for everyone, closer to town,no fixture clashes anymore.

Actually if I won it I’d buy the Gardens.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21426 on: April 19, 2018, 06:25:59 am »

What you need is a cash rich fan looking to indulge without worry if they are likely to recoup their “investment”. I have a euromillions ticket for Friday. If I was fortunate enough to win this I’d build a stand just to shut this down.

Personally I think we should have serious talks with the Saints and move in the Gardens. Standing for those that want it, bars for everyone, closer to town,no fixture clashes anymore.

Actually if I won it I’d buy the Gardens.

Or let the Saints develop the Sixfields site for a larger stadium with the Cobblers moving into the Gardens?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #21427 on: April 19, 2018, 06:42:24 am »

Yes Tom. I’d take that in a heartbeat. Remember Barwell having talks years ago to buy Sixfields and develop into a 25k stadium. The precise details are probably out there somewhere before I get picked to bits about it being slightly different.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #21428 on: April 19, 2018, 08:59:59 am »

Sooooo.... Where are we then??
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21429 on: April 19, 2018, 09:10:43 am »

Yes Tom. I’d take that in a heartbeat. Remember Barwell having talks years ago to buy Sixfields and develop into a 25k stadium. The precise details are probably out there somewhere before I get picked to bits about it being slightly different.

At least have some public exploration of it. Fairly sure the Saints would make a better job of an enabling development than Cardoza.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:14:34 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #21430 on: April 19, 2018, 09:16:43 am »

Sooooo.... Where are we then??

Same place as always.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21431 on: April 19, 2018, 11:07:48 am »

Or let the Saints develop the Sixfields site for a larger stadium with the Cobblers moving into the Gardens?

Yes, this should have happened years ago. Could have been ideal for both clubs. We can dream, eh? Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Turf Claret

View Profile
« Reply #21432 on: April 19, 2018, 14:37:13 pm »

Quite simply our well known 120 year old product is our selling point with its central location and excellently located ground with a ready to tap 750,000 catchment, is worth a lot more than you obviously believe........

Hello Walter, how is Mrs Mitty?
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #21433 on: April 19, 2018, 16:16:52 pm »

Quick question for those who desire a 12k+ staaium either at sixfields or The Gardens, exactly how are we going to pay for it week in week out? There is no way in  L1 or L2 we will fill it above 5k. So whats the successful business model your going to use, because if it stacks up why haven't we put in to practice yet.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21434 on: April 19, 2018, 16:34:17 pm »

Hello Walter, how is Mrs Mitty?
I need to google walter mitty.. No idea Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #21435 on: April 19, 2018, 18:57:39 pm »

Is that the 175k profit facilitated by the sale or Rick Holmes and a debt write off of 180k from D Bower ?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #21436 on: April 19, 2018, 19:15:43 pm »

I wish these rational arguments would stop squashing my dreams of a bigger brighter future.
Report Spam   Logged

Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #21437 on: April 19, 2018, 19:50:19 pm »

I wish these rational arguments would stop squashing my dreams of a bigger brighter future.
sorry Zen Master, for what its worth I've always beleived or should that be dreamed that we can be a very good Championship Club with good strong sustainable support. Then I wake up and realise that were still stuck in the basment never truely getting past the 3rd tier... how did they do it in the 60s 🤔
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21438 on: April 19, 2018, 20:33:12 pm »

Is that the 175k profit facilitated by the sale or Rick Holmes and a debt write off of 180k from D Bower ?
To give some idea of the scale of the problem if any business went to the banks with the figures recently presented on here they wouldn’t be able to borrow £100,000 unsecured. That’s a fact by the way, not opinion. To secure any loan the directors or owners of the club would need to legally commit to securing their personal assets against the debt. This would have to be something tangible such as their properties. Cash holdings wouldn’t be considered. Crucially in our case overseas assets such as any held by KT wouldn’t be allowed. This is fairly basic stuff, but the reason I mention it is that if you apply these conditions to the Cardozas case it highlights just how far away from the usual processes the council were. When you consider  the amounts involved and the conditions and diligence that were applied it is breathtaking. Of course, this is the attraction of using councils and the like, the restrictions applied when using traditional methods of raising capital get bypassed. Even so, what were they thinking?
I don’t have any idea what the standard protocols are in cases like this, but I imagine that moving forward no public money should ever be used without some security again? If someone wants to play “I am a chairman” again with public money they should at the very least be prepared to back their judgment and decision making with their personal assets, even if it is only a percentage of the debt. About time we saw some legislation regarding this?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21439 on: April 19, 2018, 20:43:30 pm »

Quick question for those who desire a 12k+ staaium either at sixfields or The Gardens, exactly how are we going to pay for it week in week out? There is no way in  L1 or L2 we will fill it above 5k. So whats the successful business model your going to use, because if it stacks up why haven't we put in to practice yet.
Since football's  renaissance 20 years ago,   We have been a free land oppertunity for out side speculators. Our football club serves its pupose better if we just tread water in a lowly league position whilst they work the council .  
sorry Zen Master, for what its worth I've always beleived or should that be dreamed that we can be a very good Championship Club with good strong sustainable support. Then I wake up and realise that were still stuck in the basment never truely getting past the 3rd tier... how did they do it in the 60s 🤔
They were not subjected to belittling by speculators  and had some belief that they could do good things.
Just reading your posts have shown just how much we've all given up on our club.
With Dan Biggar signing for the Saints and a few other big name international players turning up at the gardens, Im seriously considering taking time out until this latest lot have gone.
'Oh when the saints'
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: