The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 08:35:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845783 times)
guest47

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #21440 on: April 19, 2018, 21:17:10 pm »

At least have some public exploration of it. Fairly sure the Saints would make a better job of an enabling development than Cardoza.

That’s a pretty low bar to jump
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21441 on: April 19, 2018, 21:50:02 pm »

Sooooo.... Where are we then??

Option 1: Get a new owner with cash on the hip.
Option 2: Play our way to the Championship and use any extra money obtained on the ground.
Option 3: Beds is going to swap a cow for some magic beans (which I will count for him) and grow the stadium overnight.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21442 on: April 19, 2018, 23:50:42 pm »

Quick question for those who desire a 12k+ staaium either at sixfields or The Gardens, exactly how are we going to pay for it week in week out? There is no way in  L1 or L2 we will fill it above 5k. So whats the successful business model your going to use, because if it stacks up why haven't we put in to practice yet.

Think you need to google NTFC home attendances. You will find that we easily get 5000

Since when has football been a rational business decision??  Why is it only NTFC supporters seem to worry so much about profit and loss to the point that they think any chairman we have is doing a great job, despite relegating us back to league 2, 2 seasons after spunking up the best feel good factor the club had had for 20 years.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21443 on: April 20, 2018, 02:34:15 am »

Think you need to google NTFC home attendances. You will find that we easily get 5000

Since when has football been a rational business decision??  Why is it only NTFC supporters seem to worry so much about profit and loss to the point that they think any chairman we have is doing a great job, despite relegating us back to league 2, 2 seasons after spunking up the best feel good factor the club had had for 20 years.

Perhaps potential investors won’t be supporters, if so they will worry about profit and loss? The problem is that some are coming from the angle of what they would like to see, others are coming at it from what’s realistically achievable. I’m not making this stuff up just to annoy people.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21444 on: April 20, 2018, 06:31:25 am »

Perhaps potential investors won’t be supporters, if so they will worry about profit and loss? The problem is that some are coming from the angle of what they would like to see, others are coming at it from what’s realistically achievable. I’m not making this stuff up just to annoy people.
Are you under the impression that we are operating at 100% of our maximum potential, exhausting every once of potential corperate sponsorship, also having encouraged as many new supporters of our vast catchment as posible   to attend on a regular basis  and continually encouraging others to visit?
Are we trading players as we should to allow a big pay day from our youth or one plucked from elsewhere?
My guess is you know full well we operate at less than 50% of where we should be and have for some time now which looks likely to continue, so in fairness to you I would say you are right to believe there's no point in changing anything at the ground or promoting the club across our county and just maintain gates less than 6400 by being a 4th teir club allows us to get away without the need to grow the club.
Your logic is spot on Sir😂😂😂
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:34:19 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21445 on: April 20, 2018, 09:02:13 am »

Does anyone know of any software that I could down load to exclude Beds' rants? I find that I can't help myself looking at them then getting high blood pressure.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21446 on: April 20, 2018, 09:27:38 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #21447 on: April 20, 2018, 10:25:39 am »

Are you under the impression that we are operating at 100% of our maximum potential, exhausting every once of potential corperate sponsorship, also having encouraged as many new supporters of our vast catchment as posible   to attend on a regular basis  and continually encouraging others to visit?
Are we trading players as we should to allow a big pay day from our youth or one plucked from elsewhere?
My guess is you know full well we operate at less than 50% of where we should be and have for some time now which looks likely to continue, so in fairness to you I would say you are right to believe there's no point in changing anything at the ground or promoting the club across our county and just maintain gates less than 6400 by being a 4th teir club allows us to get away without the need to grow the club.
Your logic is spot on Sir😂😂😂
Beds mate, apologies in advance for the patronising tone but once again the lines of communication seem to have broken down. Please try to understand, I know this is difficult but bare with me and I am confident you will get there. You are correct when you say we are operating at 50% or less of our potential. You are correct when you say a town the size of Northampton could support a bigger ground and club. You are correct when you state that NTFC should have expectations of the club playing at a higher level. There are only 2 points where we differ. The first is that in our current financial position we cannot reasonably obtain the significant investment required unless the current owners are prepared to secure personal assets against the debt, and whilst I admit I don’t know their true financial position I doubt they have the resources in the UK, even if they were willing to do this, and I don’t believe they would be as it is too risky. Secondly in any event a quality stadium would not on its own increase the capacity to support the investment anyway. Therefore logic would tell you that you need to improve your performances on the pitch and your league standing first as you are going to have to do this anyway. You argue that players are attracted by a better stadium but I put it to you that in virtually every case that would be superceeded by the size of their wage packet. To be honest I wouldn’t bother telling you all this but you took it upon yourself to start slagging off everyone who didn’t fall in line with your vision. Since the majority of your assumptions are absolute b0llocks I thought it only right that someone who has professional experience of the processes required point out the complete sh1t you are talking. I suspect you are aware of this as you still haven’t answered the straight question of how much over how long, as you aware that the minute you do this whole nonsense will be open to scrutiny. Absolutely no problem with you dreaming and fantasising about where you want the club to be, but if you are going to persist in slagging others off in the process don’t be surprised when someone who knows what they are talking about sticks your sh1t straight back up your arse. Sorry if I’ve said the wrong thing again?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21448 on: April 20, 2018, 11:47:43 am »

Beds mate, apologies in advance for the patronising tone but once again the lines of communication seem to have broken down. Please try to understand, I know this is difficult but bare with me and I am confident you will get there. You are correct when you say we are operating at 50% or less of our potential. You are correct when you say a town the size of Northampton could support a bigger ground and club. You are correct when you state that NTFC should have expectations of the club playing at a higher level. There are only 2 points where we differ. The first is that in our current financial position we cannot reasonably obtain the significant investment required unless the current owners are prepared to secure personal assets against the debt, and whilst I admit I don’t know their true financial position I doubt they have the resources in the UK, even if they were willing to do this, and I don’t believe they would be as it is too risky. Secondly in any event a quality stadium would not on its own increase the capacity to support the investment anyway. Therefore logic would tell you that you need to improve your performances on the pitch and your league standing first as you are going to have to do this anyway. You argue that players are attracted by a better stadium but I put it to you that in virtually every case that would be superceeded by the size of their wage packet. To be honest I wouldn’t bother telling you all this but you took it upon yourself to start slagging off everyone who didn’t fall in line with your vision. Since the majority of your assumptions are absolute b0llocks I thought it only right that someone who has professional experience of the processes required point out the complete sh1t you are talking. I suspect you are aware of this as you still haven’t answered the straight question of how much over how long, as you aware that the minute you do this whole nonsense will be open to scrutiny. Absolutely no problem with you dreaming and fantasising about where you want the club to be, but if you are going to persist in slagging others off in the process don’t be surprised when someone who knows what they are talking about sticks your sh1t straight back up your arse. Sorry if I’ve said the wrong thing again?
Basically what  you are saying with the current regime we have to remain flat lining but with a more proactive,  ntfc centred nrw owners that are happy to work with the clubs supporters and towns folk to make small sustainable improvements over a period of time in which to allow our club to return to and challenge in the division above and not do as kelvin suggests, over stretching by attempting to build up a team without the infrastructure to support it?
We are getting closer with each post Melbourne..
Keep up the good work
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #21449 on: April 20, 2018, 12:13:11 pm »

No I think he was saying that all you do is spout the same old sh!t each post.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21450 on: April 20, 2018, 12:56:45 pm »

No I think he was saying that all you do is spout the same old sh!t each post.
  Correct, and occasionally new sh1t to be fair, also repeatly telling dimwit bless him we can’t get the money.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21451 on: April 20, 2018, 14:44:38 pm »

Correct, and occasionally new sh1t to be fair, also repeatly telling dimwit bless him we can’t get the money.
You do know we will get the investment needed as soon as Thomas and co sell up..
Being denied any sort of investment these past 25 years can not continue and has now come to a point that it wont be tolerated by not just our support base but all
 those Northamptonians regardless their affiliations to other clubs, even the NBC... who all have sympathy to our inability to grow and change for the better.
 Whether it be owners who assist with a series of small trust led self financed community efforts or by new owners who have some financial clout with an interest to see our club grow, it will happen and very soon.
I fully believe there are several groups out there who would jump at the chance to get involved to different degrees  but sadly while land leases are being fought for and fully protected no one will be getting a look in and probably go elsewhere.

All this 5su sport and  sultans of ping fc ventures are doing Northampton town and its future no favours.

I fully expect a big announcement in the summer so we can all regroup with a real exciting prospect to get some buzz going throughout our  town and county.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #21452 on: April 20, 2018, 15:38:52 pm »

You do know we will get the investment needed as soon as Thomas and co sell up..
Being denied any sort of investment these past 25 years can not continue and has now come to a point that it wont be tolerated by not just our support base but all
 those Northamptonians regardless their affiliations to other clubs, even the NBC... who all have sympathy to our inability to grow and change for the better.
 Whether it be owners who assist with a series of small trust led self financed community efforts or by new owners who have some financial clout with an interest to see our club grow, it will happen and very soon.
I fully believe there are several groups out there who would jump at the chance to get involved to different degrees  but sadly while land leases are being fought for and fully protected no one will be getting a look in and probably go elsewhere.

All this 5su sport and  sultans of ping fc ventures are doing Northampton town and its future no favours.

I fully expect a big announcement in the summer so we can all regroup with a real exciting prospect to get some buzz going throughout our  town and county.

Who do you think is going to buy us, Richard Branson?

Most people in the town and county don't give a flying fúck about the Cobblers.

Like they give a shít. All they are concerned with is getting re-elected.

You truly do dream in glorious technicolour don't you.

Don't hold your breath.

Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21453 on: April 20, 2018, 16:14:46 pm »

Has BedsCobb not realised there are a lot of people in the area who don't like our club because the council 10 million loan business, a change of ownership didn't make them forget.

As for bigger stadiums attracting players - which do you play? Championship Manager or Football Manager?

We should concentrate on the football for now, get some stability and then talk about expansion when we are actually in a position to justify it, or when we can actually afford it.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
guest47

« Reply #21454 on: April 20, 2018, 16:35:18 pm »

Has BedsCobb not realised there are a lot of people in the area who don't like our club because the council 10 million loan business, a change of ownership didn't make them forget.

Many people hate the council more than they do the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #21455 on: April 20, 2018, 16:50:13 pm »

I fully believe there are several groups out there who would jump at the chance to get involved
OK, I have selected a few primary points from your post.
My question is this, who and when? Its not a difficult question, so dont side-step, or ignore it.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21456 on: April 20, 2018, 17:09:08 pm »

As for bigger stadiums attracting players - which do you play? Championship Manager or Football Manager?

We should concentrate on the football for now, get some stability and then talk about expansion when we are actually in a position to justify it, or when we can actually afford it.
It was the council that lost the money handing it over to the bushey boys headed by cardoza who everyone knew was not to be trusted unconditionally.
  The football club was the victim and still are and that is why NBC didnt/couldn't pursue it and we remained a going concern.
Peterborough united want £10m  for Marriott and several more millions for Maddison, my favourite posh player is winger Gyion (?) Edwards,  thats not a computer game they have some great players
Kevin van veen and joe bunny on the other hand ....
As for a great team playing in a tiny non league standard stadium... once every 20 years we get a team but as soon as they get noticed we sell them all for an undisclosed fees... why do you think that is? To allow them to pursuit a career at a more progressive club and to balance the books due to poor infrastructure is why
And around it goes again and again.
Im almost certain things will give this summer and we finally shake off those that hold us back.

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #21457 on: April 20, 2018, 17:47:34 pm »

For those not wanting expansion, OR saying that it isn't justified…

Does the council play ball and give KT the control of the land he craves for?

Simple question. Yes or No?
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #21458 on: April 20, 2018, 17:50:14 pm »

I really enjoy Beds posts. Keep up the good work Sir.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #21459 on: April 20, 2018, 18:57:52 pm »

The new tagline should be “Underpromise and underdeliver”
He still makes Cardoza look like the anti-Christ but he needs to pick a decent manager.
I wouldn’t just hand over the land but would like to know categorically if this is preventing the completion of the East Stand, especially now the Chinese have disappeared.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 [1073] 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: