The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:59:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1844780 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21480 on: April 25, 2018, 12:25:46 pm »

Any news?

Whats the news on your ticket?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21481 on: April 25, 2018, 13:04:13 pm »

Interesting post from Matt Precey on Twitter, was not allowed into the cabinet meeting on the "missing" loan but the response from the BC indicates things might be moving forward.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #21482 on: April 25, 2018, 18:52:35 pm »

Don't overdo it - have a good nights sleep, plenty of horlicks and you may feel better in the morning.

To those on this board that were wondering, I now have a nasty Horlicks burn where it would have been best to not have it......

Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #21483 on: April 29, 2018, 11:51:56 am »

Interesting post from Matt Precey on Twitter, was not allowed into the cabinet meeting on the "missing" loan but the response from the BC indicates things might be moving forward.

Did not see mention of this link.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-43908446

Or stalled for ever...

Cost to trace the money, looks like it wont be pursued now, given the current state of NBC...
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21484 on: April 30, 2018, 15:37:34 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/stand_up_choice/

For those who would like to contribute to the survey.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21485 on: May 01, 2018, 05:47:01 am »

Trying to piece together what is going on from what little information is out there.

“5USport coming in doesn’t necessarily change that, but it gives us a chance to look at a the situation, with all of the land around and the whole stadium.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/chairman-thomas-admits-there-could-be-a-redevelopment-masterplan-at-sixfields-after-5usport-investment-1-8028819

From the interview yesterday "People say to us its just a land grab. We control all the land...It's us as owners of CDNL, myself and David, giving the football club land back"

So straight question to the Trust. To your knowledge is the East Stand development coming from private funds c£4million mentioned on the Thomas/Bower takeover or is it reliant on a wider development of the land around the stadium, possibly an enabling deal?

Think that's a fair question.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21486 on: May 01, 2018, 08:03:30 am »

Couldn't agree more the Trust HAVE to spill the beans on what they know.
The council and KT can't both be correct, one blaming the other etc, as has been said on here it has the same dialogue as when Cardoza was here.
I have no problem with KT using enabling land to fund the expansion of Sixfields BUT he clearly said he's not going to do that, with the lack of any plans or transparency on what he does want to do, IMO he will fit the boxes to the East stand cover it in cladding and then disappear with the considerable surplus.
IF this is the case then I totally get why the council won't let him have the deal he wants.
It should be a 50/50 split of profit from the land and enabling development half for KT and DB the rest for the stadium (top tier on the south stand and a new East Stand fit for purpose) anything left should go to community projects in the town.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21487 on: May 02, 2018, 07:01:34 am »

Still waiting for an answer to my question from above although in fairness, Fez or Barton might not have seen it.

To your knowledge is the East Stand development coming from private funds c£4million mentioned on the Thomas/Bower takeover or is it reliant on a wider development of the land around the stadium, possibly an enabling deal?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #21488 on: May 02, 2018, 08:08:04 am »

Still waiting for an answer to my question from above although in fairness, Fez or Barton might not have seen it.

To your knowledge is the East Stand development coming from private funds c£4million mentioned on the Thomas/Bower takeover or is it reliant on a wider development of the land around the stadium, possibly an enabling deal?

I can't answer for the Trust but I suspect it's not that black and white. Remember that KT and Bower aren't cobblers fans doing it for the love of the club; they are businessmen. I don't say that in a critical way, it's just the way it is.

They may have the 4m sitting there waiting to go, but why would they commit that unless they knew they had the opportunity to make money from the associated development? I mean, if you lived in a council house you wouldn't pay to have it renovated unless you knew you'd be given the option to buy it at a later date, would you?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #21489 on: May 02, 2018, 09:36:17 am »

Strange you should say that. I sent an email to NBC yesterday (a moment of frustration at the on going situation) not to a councillor but the offices. If a reply is forthcoming I will let you all know.

Just to confirm the response I received from NBC. This is also on another thread.

Basically the normal party line that there is nothing to stop the East Stand from being completed and that discussions with the football club will remain private. Nothing about the lease situation even though I asked the question.

KT is right they are like a brick wall regards any communication on this matter. If they are not dealing with his legal team they certainly won't deal with us supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21490 on: May 02, 2018, 12:07:49 pm »

Its about time somewhere actually put all the information out there.

I strongly suspect that NBC are upset that KT has not submitted a planning application or pre-application notice

Same old story as with DC, NBC are there to approve or deny planning applications not to safeguard profits for developers / investors. Neither submitted actual plans for a very long time, whilst demanding something from NBC

It is quite clear that they feel there is nothing stopping KT from developing the East stand, which he clearly refuses to do. So what are we all missing?

What does KT actually want NBC to do?  Sort out leases that he already controls?  Why exactly can he not build when NBC says he can? 

I think the ball is in KT's court, NBC already written off £10m for him.

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #21491 on: May 02, 2018, 14:42:08 pm »

I agree. If KT and Bower etc control the club and stadium land and also the leases granted to CDNL for adjoining parcel then it looks like they already hold the necessary cards.

Did the Trust sign a non disclosure agreement prior to whatever it was they have seen or heard?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #21492 on: May 02, 2018, 15:27:24 pm »

I agree that they hold all the leases, but my understanding is that there are some of the leases that overlap in their footprint. You would be mad to build on a piece of land without the bondaries being clarified because it would be almost impossible to sell or sublet it at a later date.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #21493 on: May 02, 2018, 19:09:35 pm »

That's my understanding. It was nbc that granted the leases and hence they have to sort. Technically they are correct in that their is nothing to stop the East Stand being developed now but that would be madness when the plans may be totally different if the leases are resolved.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21494 on: May 02, 2018, 19:23:57 pm »

But if KT holds both leases what is the big issue?

At the end of the day it is very clear that KT has little interest in developing the club for the medium to long term, we heard almost nothing from him when the Chinese people were involved. Been more vocal since it all collapsed.

Can only assume the vast majority of our fanbase are over the moon that KT has delivered us back to the promise land of league 2, they must be overjoyed.

Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #21495 on: May 02, 2018, 19:26:29 pm »

He took control of the second lease so that it would be asker for NBC to resolve.

Both leases exist. They are under one mans control but they may not be for all time. This is a potential nightmare for future legal issues. Only NBc can resolve.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #21496 on: May 02, 2018, 19:46:25 pm »

Did chuckle to log on and read this.
i.e. the on pitch interest is over and people will now talk in made up riddles about land, leases and executive boxes. I don’t know where you get the energy from. The topic is now beyond dull.
Enjoy the World Cup  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21497 on: May 02, 2018, 20:09:06 pm »

Did chuckle to log on and read this.
i.e. the on pitch interest is over and people will now talk in made up riddles about land, leases and executive boxes. I don’t know where you get the energy from. The topic is now beyond dull.
Enjoy the World Cup  Cool

Amen.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21498 on: May 03, 2018, 15:08:01 pm »

In short, I don't know the answer to your question. It's one of a thousand questions we all have. I'll add it to the list.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21499 on: May 03, 2018, 21:32:57 pm »

In short, I don't know the answer to your question. It's one of a thousand questions we all have. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks mate.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: