The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:37:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819345 times)
TVOR, tcobb (+ 1 Hidden) and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.
Mathius

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #21500 on: May 04, 2018, 08:07:56 am »

NBC meeting behind closed doors next week regarding loan. Sounds like they're going to write it off and allow the crooks to ride off into the sunset. Could be why they're dragging their feet over development now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21501 on: May 04, 2018, 08:48:30 am »

NBC meeting behind closed doors next week regarding loan. Sounds like they're going to write it off and allow the crooks to ride off into the sunset. Could be why they're dragging their feet over development now.
Beyond believe that the Council spend £1M on chasing the money the same time as the police are doing it.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21502 on: May 04, 2018, 10:33:48 am »

The more so that when the crooks are convicted the judge can order the recover of the monies under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #21503 on: May 04, 2018, 11:43:01 am »

Hope I'm wrong but being behind closed doors makes me suspicious.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21504 on: May 04, 2018, 12:27:59 pm »

i would imagine the meetings are behind closed doors so as not to interfere with the ongoing Police operation.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21505 on: May 04, 2018, 12:32:36 pm »

Hope I'm wrong but being behind closed doors makes me suspicious.
Why should it? Its tax payers money they're chasing and hoping to recover a small part if it.
Im more concerned by our football clubs behind closed door meetings with the very same council that can not be disclosed..
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #21506 on: May 04, 2018, 12:40:20 pm »

Hope you're right, tcobbs. I don't want DC and forty thieves to get away with this.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21507 on: May 04, 2018, 17:55:01 pm »

sorry hammy but if you are talking about KT then it will stray on to development

I assume that the other thread is about development of the East stand this thread is about development of NTFC including the East stand, there is a different

Otherwise lets just have 2 threads - 1 on the pitch and 1 off the pitch

LOL

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #21508 on: May 04, 2018, 18:35:02 pm »

sorry hammy but if you are talking about KT then it will stray on to development

I assume that the other thread is about development of the East stand this thread is about development of NTFC including the East stand, there is a different

LOL

I must admit Nigel I did think the same earlier!

I mean..what exactly is there to talk about other than how sh1t we've been, who the new manager will be and the off the pitch saga!

To be fair thats 3 threads!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21509 on: May 04, 2018, 19:47:44 pm »

I must admit Nigel I did think the same earlier!

I mean..what exactly is there to talk about other than how sh1t we've been, who the new manager will be and the off the pitch saga!

To be fair thats 3 threads!  Grin
Summer tour of Scotland? Ireland? Anywhere other than yawn...Ferney Fields!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #21510 on: May 04, 2018, 20:40:04 pm »

Summer tour of Scotland? Ireland? Anywhere other than yawn...Ferney Fields!  Wink

Fernie Fields is one of my favourite trips of the season, just around the corner from my house, beers in the sunshine, a first look at new players... lovely!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21511 on: May 05, 2018, 13:20:26 pm »

Beyond believe that the Council spend £1M on chasing the money the same time as the police are doing it.

Exactly. It's bizarre and seems unnecessary. 
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21512 on: May 05, 2018, 15:07:19 pm »

Exactly. It's bizarre and seems unnecessary. 
track covering, pretending to chase something that some of its sitting in your bank account🤣🤣

Still cant find it🙄
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #21513 on: May 05, 2018, 19:16:33 pm »

Surely it is not up to them to write off the loan. They were merely the facilitators of a loan for central government funds. What a lot of people seem to keep forgeting is that none of the money came from the local government taxes or budget.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21514 on: May 05, 2018, 20:21:01 pm »

LOL

I'm reacting to and agree with those who are tired of the redev topic polluting every thread...
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #21515 on: May 05, 2018, 21:24:02 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
guest3181

« Reply #21516 on: May 05, 2018, 22:44:06 pm »

I agree entirely.  I am firmly convinced that this is the plan.  The pressure to re-develop will vanish once we are back to mid-table in Div4.

The astute football chairmen know that crowds only roll in at the end of season if the club is trying to get promoted, else fighting for survival.  For Northampton Town, it has always been clear that our chairman does not see the club progressing..... so, it is essential that we are in the mix for relegation at the end of season, in order to create a bit of crowd interest.  They know that supporters are always very down at this time of year, especially if things are not looking good on the pitch.  But, come April (or the first daffodils), that energy & enthusiasm returns to the fans, and, like migrating birds, they are drawn inexorably back to the turnstiles.

Remaining in this division will always cause issues about whether the capacity is right - especially if there are "big fish" that want to bring a few thousand. This season, it is particularly relevant.  It seems likely that any 1 or 2 of Birmingham, Sunderland, Reading, Bolton, Hull or Sheffield Wednesday will be relegated from the Championship.  They will easily fill our limited away section.  That is aside from the possibility of welcoming back Luton, Notts County & Coventry, who may all come up this time.  Then assume that Peterborough, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Portsmouth are still in this division.  All of a sudden, our ability to host away fans may seem somewhat limited.  (And, yes, I know that we are no worse than most other clubs at this level - or, are we?)

So, as our chairman has already said quite clearly that he has no intention of further developing the stadium (given which club we are), one can only conclude that the club's future is seen to lie other than in this division.

I rest my case.

Hindsight.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #21517 on: May 14, 2018, 21:48:02 pm »

Forget the East Stand, clad it up and instead build on the 4 corners (or at least two of them) exec boxes on 2 or 3 levels similar to Craven Cottage. Chuck in a supporters bar as well. It will fill the gaps, stop the wind and give it an enclosed feel whilst generating more income to eventually build back on the North and South Stands.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #21518 on: May 14, 2018, 21:54:39 pm »

careful hammy will lock this thread, our club is doing fantastic as it is and doesn't need anything to change or improve

How very dare you.....
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21519 on: May 14, 2018, 22:07:16 pm »

Fernie Fields is one of my favourite trips of the season, just around the corner from my house, beers in the sunshine, a first look at new players... lovely!
Trips?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: