The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:40:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821412 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21520 on: May 14, 2018, 22:29:07 pm »

careful hammy will lock this thread, our club is doing fantastic as it is and doesn't need anything to change or improve

How very dare you.....

I've annoyed you. Haven't I?
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21521 on: May 15, 2018, 12:08:02 pm »

I've annoyed you. Haven't I?

22k replies in, I doubt it's getting locked.

Besides, it acts as a benchmark on so many levels:

How not to debate a point
How to say the same thing in a thousand different ways
How to attempt to turn opinion into fact
etc....
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21522 on: May 15, 2018, 14:42:11 pm »

Still can't see what the problem is with adding tiers to the North and South as per the original design as and when we need them. Add safe standing and it'd be a tidy ground.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21523 on: May 15, 2018, 16:22:34 pm »

Still can't see what the problem is with adding tiers to the North and South as per the original design as and when we need them. Add safe standing and it'd be a tidy ground.
Thomas has made it clear we are unworthy of any such redev in order to build up our club.. after all he's a real football man say our more easily sold supporters, those who thought we would be playing on the racecourse for the want of of a piddling little tax bill.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21524 on: May 15, 2018, 16:30:12 pm »

Thomas has made it clear we are unworthy of any such redev in order to build up our club.. after all he's a real football man say our more easily sold supporters, those who thought we would be playing on the racecourse for the want of of a piddling little tax bill.

Still haven't heard where the money would come from to fund it?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest168

« Reply #21525 on: May 16, 2018, 12:53:34 pm »

Yes you have Deepcut, Beds and Meccano have made numerous suggestions

Still easier to deny and then complain that the same stuff keeps getting said

Another option - use some of the £4m promised by KT
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21526 on: May 16, 2018, 19:29:37 pm »

Still haven't heard where the money would come from to fund it?
Yes you have, I've showed you the Preston business model for their new stand at least twice which you said you read!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #21527 on: May 16, 2018, 21:22:19 pm »

How have you only made 1700 posts when I've read this exact same one at least 3000 times?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21528 on: May 17, 2018, 06:04:38 am »

How have you only made 1700 posts when I've read this exact same one at least 3000 times?
Because the vast majority of 230,000 towns folk plus another 200,000 within 15 miles of Sixfields are disengaged from their local professional football club due its continuing lack of investment in the ground and infrastructure and the subsequent  lack of growth,  thats been going on for decades.
 Would you prefer if I talk about Kevin van Veens best moments in a cobblers shirt?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #21529 on: May 17, 2018, 06:19:23 am »

KT's statement of 'no business case for expansion' is correct BUT only if you are looking 6months in advance!

If you take in the time to draw up plans, get planning permission - from our 'efficient!' Council, get quotes, plan a schedule and then build it, we HOPEFULLY will have progressed and will require a 12,000 capacity stadium with modern facilities.

It concerns me that the statement says more about KT's vision and confidence about his management than our long-term needs.

Beds you need not reply as we know your views!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21530 on: May 17, 2018, 07:33:28 am »

Yes you have, I've showed you the Preston business model for their new stand at least twice which you said you read!!!

I've slept since then  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #21531 on: May 17, 2018, 08:15:46 am »

I've slept since then  Grin
I know the feeling  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #21532 on: May 17, 2018, 21:16:06 pm »

The Championship seems to be the target that we aspire to as a minimum? Here are the figures for 2015/2016 which are the latest available. Of the 24 clubs listed only one showed a profit with another (Bolton) not submitting figures at the time of the report. How on any level is a football club supposed to be an attractive investment? Just to give you some idea of what some are claiming. Let’s just suppose the club was to show a 10% profit? That would be a staggering achievement based on the figures here? In the event there was 10million spent on the ground it would require a turnover of over 120 million after corporation tax to get your money back. The club currently turnsover 4 million with no profit on gates of 6000. If you doubled the gate to 12,000 as a rough figure the turnover would be 8 million. Assume another 2 million for tv etc and in the event that the club could perform a miracle in comparison to this report and show a pretax profit of 10% for 12 years straight after corporation tax an “investor” would get their money back. That’s right, not have anything to show for it, just get their money back and that’s if the club performs a miracle. This is also based on the fact that the ground was completely sold out every week (using the 12,000 capacity target) and not taking into account the fact that you have got to build the development in the first place which could add a year or two? Alternatively the investor, and I use the term loosely because they would have to be an idiot, could stick it in the Nationwide and get 3% guaranteed? Hopefully this will give a bit of clarity to the discussion, but I’m not holding my breath?

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/football-finance-championship-club-by-club-2015-16
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #21533 on: May 17, 2018, 21:58:42 pm »

The Championship seems to be the target that we aspire to as a minimum? Here are the figures for 2015/2016 which are the latest available. Of the 24 clubs listed only one showed a profit with another (Bolton) not submitting figures at the time of the report. How on any level is a football club supposed to be an attractive investment? Just to give you some idea of what some are claiming. Let’s just suppose the club was to show a 10% profit? That would be a staggering achievement based on the figures here? In the event there was 10million spent on the ground it would require a turnover of over 120 million after corporation tax to get your money back. The club currently turnsover 4 million with no profit on gates of 6000. If you doubled the gate to 12,000 as a rough figure the turnover would be 8 million. Assume another 2 million for tv etc and in the event that the club could perform a miracle in comparison to this report and show a pretax profit of 10% for 12 years straight after corporation tax an “investor” would get their money back. That’s right, not have anything to show for it, just get their money back and that’s if the club performs a miracle. This is also based on the fact that the ground was completely sold out every week (using the 12,000 capacity target) and not taking into account the fact that you have got to build the development in the first place which could add a year or two? Alternatively the investor, and I use the term loosely because they would have to be an idiot, could stick it in the Nationwide and get 3% guaranteed? Hopefully this will give a bit of clarity to the discussion, but I’m not holding my breath?

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/football-finance-championship-club-by-club-2015-16
How about infrastructure bonds? Or long term leasing of the internal space within the stand, not to mention potential grants from the EFL, FA or enabling development on the land around the ground, do you know what the PWLB is?
If everybody in football was borrowing equity from private investors or greedy banks looking for an ROI in 5 years all but the Premier league teams would be playing in 50 year old run down stadiums with terracing, well they aren't so perhaps you can explain?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #21534 on: May 17, 2018, 22:19:05 pm »

How about infrastructure bonds? Or long term leasing of the internal space within the stand, not to mention potential grants from the EFL, FA or enabling development on the land around the ground, do you know what the PWLB is?
If everybody in football was borrowing equity from private investors or greedy banks looking for an ROI in 5 years all but the Premier league teams would be playing in 50 year old run down stadiums with terracing, well they aren't so perhaps you can explain?
exactly right, and that’s exactly my point, investors are just out as an option. Therefore please come up with another solution that has some credibility along the lines you suggest? I have never suggested at any point that it is impossible, just leave banks and investors out of the equation. On a separate note I suggest you look at the figures for the Prem? The contrast and sums involved are staggering in comparison to the Championship. It becomes a completely different proposition for those involved in this area. Outside of the Prem practically all of the ground development has taken place as the result of a gift or nonprofit loan over an indefinite period from the likes of local government or a private individual. In my opinion this remains our only realistic hope, happy to be corrected though? Please note though that in my defence at least I often provide some factual evidence to support my argument rather than continually solely relying on commentary, opinion and argument, much of it absolutel b0llocks. Again no problem with that until other supporters are rounded on when they offer an alternative view?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #21535 on: May 17, 2018, 23:02:37 pm »

I posted PNEs business plan of how they funded their new stand on here twice, now that's Fact.
No sugar daddy or expensive equity.
From memory it's by PwC or Delloite can't remember which.
I think we both agree how it could go forward  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #21536 on: May 17, 2018, 23:08:29 pm »

I posted PNEs business plan of how they funded their new stand on here twice, now that's Fact.
No sugar daddy or expensive equity.
From memory it's by PwC or Delloite can't remember which.
I think we both agree how it could go forward  Cool
in fairness 04 I wasn’t actually talking about you. From memory I reckon it was you who mentioned the German model but I can’t be arsed to look? In any event that is a way forward worth investigating?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #21537 on: May 17, 2018, 23:13:55 pm »

Found it
http://democracy.york.gov.uk/documents/s19763/Annex%205%20Community%20Stadium.pdf

I'm off to bed, have a good day mate.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #21538 on: May 18, 2018, 00:17:40 am »

Proper interesting read this 04 and underlines the practicalities of the challenges involved. There are a couple of holes in the reports. For example other factors to consider are business rental uptake comparably in the area and comparable rental costs of alternatives? Preston as an example might have low availability of quality office space guaranteeing both 100% (ish) uptake and costs per square foot as a premium. 25 year payback in the case of PNE falls within the remit of a mortgage term for example but I am still not entirely clear on where the initial funding is to come from? The model shows the payback stream but it still needs an initial investment? As I said it’s not impossible but what these reports show are that there are significant hurdles and risks involved in undertaking projects of this kind. Often it may be the case that there may be a will but not a way? Hopefully reasonable people reading this would see that supporters questioning the viability of these schemes have a point and any current or future owners might not be displaying apathy through a fault of their own, and are not necessarily killing the club. They just perhaps can’t raise the required capital. What I would question however is why these individuals get involved in the first place? Any road I better get on with some work, these streets won’t sweep themselves?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #21539 on: May 18, 2018, 08:56:50 am »

What a load of b*llocks, I mean what Nationwide account pays 3%?    Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 [1077] 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: