The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:41:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820469 times)
West Stand, Larry, CobblerG and 42 Guests are viewing this topic.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21540 on: May 18, 2018, 09:18:52 am »

What a load of b*llocks, I mean what Nationwide account pays 3%?    Smiley

They probably did when he emigrated?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3114

« Reply #21541 on: May 18, 2018, 10:10:18 am »

They probably did when he emigrated?
No, actually I was talking bollocks, a throw away remark that was ill researched and had no factual basis whatsoever, but I came out with it to emphasise a cheap debating point. At last I feel like I really belong?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21542 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33:14 am »

What a load of b*llocks, I mean what Nationwide account pays 3%?    Smiley
Barton, you run your own business. Can you have a go at explaining to some on here the level of irony involved in the fact that the word bank is almost identical to the word w@nk? Although I must admit, Barclays, w@nkers that they are, shine like beacons of success compared to the NAB.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #21543 on: May 18, 2018, 11:29:18 am »

Barton, you run your own business. Can you have a go at explaining to some on here the level of irony involved in the fact that the word bank is almost identical to the word w@nk? Although I must admit, Barclays, w@nkers that they are, shine like beacons of success compared to the NAB.

You can write wank on here. Pretty useful sometimes.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21544 on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:54 am »

The Yanks don't consider it a bad word, they use jerk...?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3114

« Reply #21545 on: May 18, 2018, 12:08:25 pm »

Perhaps moving forward we could use the term “gentleman’s relaxation”? I am finding the current vernacular uncomfortable.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #21546 on: May 18, 2018, 12:43:13 pm »

Grin

I just know you've tried a whole list of words to see what you can and can’t get away with.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21547 on: May 19, 2018, 07:38:49 am »

We could get the North and South expanded in line with the original plans via mini Bonds from Tifosy.

However, is it worth building on land the club doesn't own?

Again, I think there needs to be a "bigger picture" look  at the land around Sixfields. A Cardozaesque land deal of the area around Sixfields with the payoff being that crummy East Stand being finished will doubtful ever be a good enough deal for the club or the town.

We should have at least gone to the Saints with a plan to let them develop the Sixfields site (and let's face it they'd probably do a good job of it) with us having a better version of Sixfields in the deal or taking over Franklins Gardens.

As I've said elsewhere we should also be looking at other sites too. Sixfields always had a temporary feel and is its shelf life done with in terms of kicking the club on?

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #21548 on: May 19, 2018, 08:29:08 am »

Grin

I just know you've tried a whole list of words to see what you can and can’t get away with.

My arse, that's bastard bollocks
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21549 on: May 19, 2018, 08:47:46 am »

We could get the North and South expanded in line with the original plans via mini Bonds from Tifosy.

However, is it worth building on land the club doesn't own?

Again, I think there needs to be a "bigger picture" look  at the land around Sixfields. A Cardozaesque land deal of the area around Sixfields with the payoff being that crummy East Stand being finished will doubtful ever be a good enough deal for the club or the town.

We should have at least gone to the Saints with a plan to let them develop the Sixfields site (and let's face it they'd probably do a good job of it) with us having a better version of Sixfields in the deal or taking over Franklins Gardens.

As I've said elsewhere we should also be looking at other sites too. Sixfields always had a temporary feel and is its shelf life done with in terms of kicking the club on?

The outstanding questions need answering first, which are ,
Have the council given these land/leases over to outside investors on the agreement that they give our football  club a £4m injection from the  subsequent windfall.
I can believe they would just hand it over unconditiomally free gratis?

If so, who decides what  when and where, as if its not handed over to a group that only has our clubs interest at heart, we cant honestly expect anything more than a token gesture dressed up as £4m.

If these questions are answered in the football clubs favour, you have a very decent 12000 capacity staduim with 12 corperate boxes and large supporters bar / functiin room right there.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21550 on: May 19, 2018, 09:13:05 am »

There is no need and no prospect of NTFC vacating Sixfields for pastures new.  Let's not waste time and effort in dreamland.  The club has a long lease at Sixfields and I am sure that with the right owners the freehold could be acquired or a 999 years lease negotiated.  But there has to be the will on the part of our owners and there is no sign that I can see of any intent on their part to redevelop Sixfields to something like it could and should be.  The problem is that KT is winning the PR war by fudging the bigger picture and blaming it on the Council for delays in sorting out the demarcation lines between the land on the east side leased to NTFC and that land held by CDNL, both of which are under the control of Bower and Thomas, so really not a big issue but one that is allowing Thomas to get away with spin. 
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #21551 on: May 19, 2018, 11:18:02 am »

Excuse my ignorance on this. If KT and Bower control the club and adjoining land through Ntfc Ventures and CDNL then despite any concern over boundaries how are they affected at this point? The council say there is nothing stopping them.
The issue would be if they then then tried to separate the club from the adjoining land and sell on?
 Can’t they just merge the separate entities and get on with it?

God only knows but do something with the East.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21552 on: May 19, 2018, 11:24:24 am »

You got it in one, Zen.  Time for Thomas to stop the BS.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21553 on: May 19, 2018, 11:47:37 am »

Let's merge with MK Dons.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21554 on: May 19, 2018, 14:31:35 pm »

Let's merge with MK Dons.
typical ex Cardozaite reposte😂
Surley not backed the wrong horse again😚
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21555 on: May 19, 2018, 14:38:25 pm »

Good to see all your ranting on here has made a real difference mate. Proud.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21556 on: May 19, 2018, 17:40:22 pm »

Good to see all your ranting on here has made a real difference mate. Proud.
The tide is turning in favour of the football club of Northampton town.
You collaborators are a dying breed.
#notreallyyourbestfriend
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21557 on: May 19, 2018, 18:17:32 pm »

Wouldn't it be weird if all NTFC fans wanted the best for their club?

You are the Boris Johnson of this message board.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21558 on: May 19, 2018, 19:45:28 pm »

Wouldn't it be weird if all NTFC fans wanted the best for their club?

You are the Boris Johnson of this message board.
Coup de grace....
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21559 on: May 19, 2018, 21:27:53 pm »

Ex nihilo nihil fit

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: