The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:04:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822137 times)
DustonCobbler and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #21580 on: June 02, 2018, 09:04:29 am »

Or level Sixfields and jointly realise the total land value with profits used to enter into a joint venture with the Saints and Franklins Gardens to achieve joint ownership and develop further if possible. Avoid fixture clashes and traffic.
 Make it a combined sporting club of the town. 
Barwell was once quoted I believe that the sense of two stadiums close to each other made little sense.

It may work better the other way but the location of FG is better in my opinion although possibly restricted for significant growth although with a pot of land cash you could buy any adjoining buildings in the way.

Cloud cuckoo land probably but that generally seems to be the nature of this forum a lot of the time.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #21581 on: June 02, 2018, 14:34:56 pm »

The Saints ground is perfect for them, 15500 capacity that may be a little on the small side for them but almost pefect and regarded as best purpose built rugby ground and  sporting venue going.
Sixfields could quite easily be transformed into the football equivalent as its location is excellent has plenty of parking, lots of pubs and resturants nearby, sadly its just underdeveloped and only half a stadium.
What it needs is as many corperate boxes fitted into the shell, bars and restaurant and the cladding completed.
Then to give it a look of a real football ground, construct 2 banks of terracing up behind the North and South stands transforming the ground into one of the best must visit stadiums in Britain.
Most importantly making it a very acheivable and being built over 5 seasons thus making it a sustainable redevelopment and one that finally allows our town to be proud of and one that allows the club to grow and play and compete outside the fourth tier of English football.

I see what you've done there. You started off on this thread waving your finger in the air to see which way the wind was blowing. That got laughed out. Then in an attempt to get taken seriously, you made some widely unrealistic numbers up and spoke about some fanciful whip around. That got laughed. So now you're back to the finger in the air strategy  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #21582 on: June 02, 2018, 16:37:50 pm »

1089  pages  that remind me of Tom and Jerry, where Tom chases Jerry past the same scenery over and over and over again
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21583 on: June 02, 2018, 17:17:02 pm »

I see what you've done there. You started off on this thread waving your finger in the air to see which way the wind was blowing. That got laughed out. Then in an attempt to get taken seriously, you made some widely unrealistic numbers up and spoke about some fanciful whip around. That got laughed. So now you're back to the finger in the air strategy  Grin Grin
Can the cobblers ever hope to play in a 12000 capacity stadium and compete at the top end of league 1...One of us will to be proved right and the other very wrong..
IMO Its going to happen, the building up of our club and no amount of belittling will stop it and Thomas knows he wont hold back the tide😉
Join the side of righteousness and lets get this party started..
NTFC championship 2022.😉
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21584 on: June 02, 2018, 17:26:28 pm »

Can the cobblers ever hope to play in a 12000 capacity stadium and compete at the top end of league 1...One of us will to be proved right and the other very wrong..
IMO Its going to happen, the building up of our club and no amount of belittling will stop it and Thomas knows he wont hold back the tide😉
Join the side of righteousness and lets get this party started..
NTFC championship 2022.😉

Yes. I believe we can. But forget your fictitious consortium. Forget asking Northamptonshires fine folk to put a few quid in. They're not going to happen. That was always the case. If the leases are regulated and the land that was promised is on the cards, it will happen under KT. Otherwise you will need someone who prepared to throw in 10-20 million initially, then sustain it moving forward with minimal return.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21585 on: June 02, 2018, 18:23:40 pm »

Hold back the tide of about 5 people on a message board who don't ever actually do anything.

Hard tide to hold back, granted.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21586 on: June 02, 2018, 19:23:34 pm »

Yes. I believe we can. But forget your fictitious consortium. Forget asking Northamptonshires fine folk to put a few quid in. They're not going to happen. That was always the case. If the leases are regulated and the land that was promised is on the cards, it will happen under KT. Otherwise you will need someone who prepared to throw in 10-20 million initially, then sustain it moving forward with minimal return.
£20,000,000 yes ok if you insist...try £5m over 5 years.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21587 on: June 02, 2018, 19:27:59 pm »

Hold back the tide of about 5 people on a message board who don't ever actually do anything.

Hard tide to hold back, granted.
He's rattled😉
The little Back water no mark town he thought he was going to play like a fine tuned fiddle has proved to be a bit more wanting.. well apart from about 5 loyal subject's.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21588 on: June 02, 2018, 20:12:06 pm »

http://
if I am understanding this right you are suggesting someone can transform Sixfields into one of the best must visit stadiums in Britain in 5 years for £5 million quid? This is a fantastic opportunity for you here to finally put some figures, timescale and strategy to your vision.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21589 on: June 02, 2018, 21:45:55 pm »

That wouldn't even cover the current wages 😀😀😀😀😀.

As that epitomises the calibre of of debate..... I'm out. Summer break time. Chat in a few months mate...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21590 on: June 02, 2018, 23:19:51 pm »

He's rattled😉
The little Back water no mark town he thought he was going to play like a fine tuned fiddle has proved to be a bit more wanting.. well apart from about 5 loyal subject's.

Do something about it, earn some respect. Talk on here constantly and ridicule will continue.
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21591 on: June 03, 2018, 02:55:35 am »

I find BedsCobb's posts very informative, I don't agree with everything he says but everyone has the right to make their point. Plus at least he ain't one of those posters who just post 'lol' or a smiley or +1 or just hit the like button, he engages and that helps keep message boards going.

What I will say is that a couple of years ago things looked very bad for the club, KT came along when it seemed nobody else was going to, I don't think constantly criticising him is very fair or helpful.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #21592 on: June 03, 2018, 06:11:43 am »

I find BedsCobb's posts very informative, I don't agree with everything he says but everyone has the right to make their point. Plus at least he ain't one of those posters who just post 'lol' or a smiley or +1 or just hit the like button, he engages and that helps keep message boards going.

What I will say is that a couple of years ago things looked very bad for the club, KT came along when it seemed nobody else was going to, I don't think constantly criticising him is very fair or helpful.

Anyone who thinks that installing x amount of Corporate boxes, a restaurant, some bars and finishing the exterior of the East Stand as well extending the North and South Stands would cost a mere £5m shouldn't be classed as informative.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21593 on: June 03, 2018, 10:44:49 am »

Anyone who thinks that installing x amount of Corporate boxes, a restaurant, some bars and finishing the exterior of the East Stand as well extending the North and South Stands would cost a mere £5m shouldn't be classed as informative.

The £5m covers the cost of the building works, the club will still have its ticket sales, tv and other income so running as per usual.
 Over a 5 year period starting with the the east, it would cost £2m to fit out to an acceptable and fully functional state, and a further £2m to do one of the end extensions straight after which gives us a capacity increase to heavily promote and sell up 10,000 tickets in a more professional stadium for the bigger games when we get back to league 1.
The other south stand can be completed as and when we start pushing for a championship place...which we will.

Before anyone asks where are we going to get the initial £2m, well my well thought out plans have just had a spanner put in the works as I proposed exclusive naming rights and large signage for a 10 year period for a bargain £2m to a large national company which would be the funds needed to kick start the redev.
Still other ways but that was a golden oppertunity lost.
Now you can see how scaremongering  ridiculous all this £20,000,000 nonsence sounds now, its as if theres a deliberate anti Northampton town  progress campaign being waged by our own fan base?
I still believe that theres some enabling possibilities to be had from the 'land and our leases??' So Id hope that the trust can work with and not take sides against the NBC, because until we fully know the intriguingly vague goings on surrounding this 'land squabble' our football clubs future interests are worth fighting for.
I cant believe its all about whos responsible for cutting grass verges as we are being made to believe 😂
As a trust member I demand they fight our corner in what has become a very ugly public menage a trois, of which we the  supporters of Northampton town are the most important 1st part of 3 and not nodding quietly  in the corner waiting for any old outcome.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21594 on: June 03, 2018, 11:30:46 am »

The £5m covers the cost of the building works, the club will still have its ticket sales, tv and other income so running as per usual.
 Over a 5 year period starting with the the east, it would cost £2m to fit out to an acceptable and fully functional state, and a further £2m to do one of the end extensions straight after which gives us a capacity increase to heavily promote and sell up 10,000 tickets in a more professional stadium for the bigger games when we get back to league 1.
The other south stand can be completed as and when we start pushing for a championship place...which we will.

Before anyone asks where are we going to get the initial £2m, well my well thought out plans have just had a spanner put in the works as I proposed exclusive naming rights and large signage for a 10 year period for a bargain £2m to a large national company which would be the funds needed to kick start the redev.
Now you can see how scaremongering  ridiculous all this £20,000,000 nonsence sounds now, its as if theres a deliberate anti Northampton town  progress campaign being waged by our own fan base?
I still believe that theres some enabling possibilities to be had from the 'land and our leases??' So Id hope that the trust can work with and not take sides against the NBC, because until we fully know the intriguingly vague goings on surrounding this 'land squabble' our football clubs future interests are worth fighting for.
I cant believe its all about whos responsible for cutting grass verges as we are being made to believe 😂
As a trust member I demand they fight our corner in what has become a very ugly public menage a trois, of which we the  supporters of Northampton town are the most important 1st part of 3 and not nodding quietly  in the corner waiting for any old outcome.
Thank you very much, that’s all I needed to know.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21595 on: June 03, 2018, 13:26:18 pm »

If you are able to Head up a consortium to take over NTFC and achieve that for £5m then I will doff my cap to you.

I've been involved in major restaurant refurbishments that have cost £1 million to gut and install a complete fresh new look and both didn't require new kitchens, exterior walls being built or new POS and associated IT equipment. I've been involved in projects totally refurbishing bars that have been worth £700,000. You're just not going to fit out the East Stand with a fully functional restaurant, bars, boxes and food outlets on the concourse, make it all look sexy from the outside for £5m and expect to have change for an extension to the North and South stands. NTFC won't see a huge RoI to recoup that outlay without a major backer.

The club are looking to build hotel and conference facilities to make it a 24/7 operation, a fully operational hotel costs between £4m and £6m to build, a conference centre not far off that mark.

Believe me, I want to see this football club progress, I'm still seething at the relegation, the poor attitude of the players over last season and how they appear to have got off very lightly with our fans and the **** management of the football side of things. I'm angry that we're not in the same league as the majority of our close rivals and other that will fill the South and East overflow.

But redevelopment of Sixfields Stadium is a complete and utter mess due to the actions of the previous regime and their friends, it's going to take a lot more that a couple of mill from the lack of multimillionaire Northamptonians to sort it out and give us what we all want to see.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 13:51:06 pm by St Edmundsbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #21596 on: June 03, 2018, 14:12:14 pm »

If you are able to Head up a consortium to take over NTFC and achieve that for £5m then I will doff my cap to you.

I've been involved in major restaurant refurbishments that have cost £1 million to gut and install a complete fresh new look and both didn't require new kitchens, exterior walls being built or new POS and associated IT equipment. I've been involved in projects totally refurbishing bars that have been worth £700,000. You're just not going to fit out the East Stand with a fully functional restaurant, bars, boxes and food outlets on the concourse, make it all look sexy from the outside for £5m and expect to have change for an extension to the North and South stands. NTFC won't see a huge RoI to recoup that outlay without a major backer.

The club are looking to build hotel and conference facilities to make it a 24/7 operation, a fully operational hotel costs between £4m and £6m to build, a conference centre not far off that mark.

Believe me, I want to see this football club progress, I'm still seething at the relegation, the poor attitude of the players over last season and how they appear to have got off very lightly with our fans and the **** management of the football side of things. I'm angry that we're not in the same league as the majority of our close rivals and other that will fill the South and East overflow.

But redevelopment of Sixfields Stadium is a complete and utter mess due to the actions of the previous regime and their friends, it's going to take a lot more that a couple of mill from the lack of multimillionaire Northamptonians to sort it out and give us what we all want to see.
This blokes completely raving mate. Word of advice, do what I’m going to do and don’t engage with him and pray he hasn’t made a space for you under his floor boards?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21597 on: June 03, 2018, 14:36:21 pm »

Why did watford and oldham knock down an old stand clear the site and completely rebuild a new stand from foundations to fit out for £4m and £6m respectively and we cant expect to just refit the little shell to a respectable state for about £2m? It might be theres no stomach to do it so in cobblers style we use exagerated figures to put progress at arms length!
You say the club proposes to build a hotel/ conferencing etc.. well I wish someone could tell those running our club as nothing Ive heard from them confirms this? Anyone know?
In my opinion there's plenty out there who would snap up our club given the chance.. it just happens theres possibly land deals to be done so unlikely for the time being.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21598 on: June 03, 2018, 15:12:30 pm »

Watford built their Elton John Stand which houses 3000 seats and changing rooms, none of the restaurants or bars you want in the East Stand at a cost of nearly six million.

Oldham's £6m stand house £2300 seats, gym, conferencing, boxes and office space to rent out.

We're retro fitting in a stand that has been exteneded to about three different design specs that nobody really knows what the final outcome was meant to be and all appears to sit on disputed land. It's going to cost more than £2m to get it into shape and install the infrastructure you speak of.

To my knowledge the hotel and conference centre has been planned from the very beginning and I believe is still something the club want to build.

The East Side of the stadium is a huge mess, the same issues will be there regardless of whether you, me, Kelvin or the Trust take control of the football club. The difference between the four of us is Kelvin has some financial backing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 15:28:39 pm by St Edmundsbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #21599 on: June 03, 2018, 15:53:24 pm »

Why did watford and oldham knock down an old stand clear the site and completely rebuild a new stand from foundations to fit out for £4m and £6m respectively and we cant expect to just refit the little shell to a respectable state for about £2m? It might be theres no stomach to do it so in cobblers style we use exagerated figures to put progress at arms length!
You say the club proposes to build a hotel/ conferencing etc.. well I wish someone could tell those running our club as nothing Ive heard from them confirms this? Anyone know?
In my opinion there's plenty out there who would snap up our club given the chance.. it just happens theres possibly land deals to be done so unlikely for the time being.

Well to start with as it stands we have to pay Buckingham £2M before we can even start to develop the East stand.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: