The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:39:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819597 times)
TVOR, Poggy (+ 1 Hidden) and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #21760 on: June 10, 2018, 15:54:21 pm »

I hope all of those people who were accusing KT and his group of being on a land grab or trying to fleece the council are submitting apologies to him directly.

Well said. Some even accused him of being as bad if not worse than David Cardoza  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #21761 on: June 10, 2018, 16:53:47 pm »

I hope all of those people who were accusing KT and his group of being on a land grab or trying to fleece the council are submitting apologies to him directly.

Unlikely, knowing human nature - still quite a lot of wait and see that will be used before the rhetoric finally (hopefully for NTFC) fades away.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #21762 on: June 10, 2018, 17:07:13 pm »

Lets see what he does with the land before hailing him as the second coming
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #21763 on: June 10, 2018, 17:13:30 pm »

Well, I'm a big KT fan in the absence of anything or anyone better, and hope that his stay at the Cobblers is a long and successful one - but isn't it the truth that he's grabbed some land and gazumped the council already?
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #21764 on: June 10, 2018, 18:24:59 pm »

The council are that stupid they deserve all that they get.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21765 on: June 10, 2018, 20:16:14 pm »

The Council may have made mistakes but to call them stupid is a bit narrowminded.  I am no great fan of the Council but they, in fact, saved us back in the dark days pre KT. I am grateful for that. You should be also.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #21766 on: June 10, 2018, 20:24:35 pm »

On the back of managing to lose £10 million which they've never been able to explain, have no idea where it went and will never ever recover. Only a stupid council would lend an organisation £10m for it to be siphoned off elsewhere.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21767 on: June 10, 2018, 20:43:18 pm »

On the back of managing to lose £10 million which they've never been able to explain, have no idea where it went and will never ever recover. Only a stupid council would lend an organisation £10m for it to be siphoned off elsewhere.
Stupid isn't the only option.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #21768 on: June 10, 2018, 21:44:34 pm »

I don't necessarily disagree with all your sentiments. I still think it is somewhat harsh to call them stupid; as mentioned before they saved us when some Councils may not have been so 'constructive'.  Anyway its just an opinion as is yours. The word I would have used is chaotic or even inept.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21769 on: June 10, 2018, 22:06:39 pm »

Just because someone is stupid it doesn't give you the right to rob them.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #21770 on: June 11, 2018, 08:54:19 am »

Just because someone is stupid it doesn't give you the right to rob them.

There's a lot of people making assumptions (good and bad) about what KT wants to do with this land he 'robbed' from the council, perhaps best to see what he does once the other lease issues are (hopefully) resolved this week.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, apologies if so, but surely it is better that it was KT & DB who made a jump on the council to acquire CDNL and their associated leases, rather than another party doing so. This whole situation has been complicated enough, image if a third party was involved.

If (and it is a big If) Thomas remains true to his word about not being interested in large scale development then whatever 'other' leases are held by CDNL will be surrendered to the council, once the club are protected. Should that happen that is probably as good a solution for all parties that could have come from this sorry mess.

Interesting week ahead...
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #21771 on: June 11, 2018, 09:17:23 am »

I don't necessarily disagree with all your sentiments. I still think it is somewhat harsh to call them stupid; as mentioned before they saved us when some Councils may not have been so 'constructive'.  Anyway its just an opinion as is yours. The word I would have used is chaotic or even inept.

Forget Sixfields....what about successive councils who are taking the town down the pan with poor and bizarre decision making? Chaotic, inept, incompetent, the list goes on. I’m sure some stronger misdemeanours, which I’ll leave for the armchair sleuths.
Sky high town centre rates, not giving businesses a chance. No forward planning for the bus station site. Terrible design of traffic flow. I do feel feel sorry for the majority of council staff too who work under the umbrella of redundancy or poor pay rises. They will be no different to a lot of local councils around the country but several wrongs don’t make a right.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #21772 on: June 11, 2018, 09:24:49 am »

I know the council are (hopefully!) agreeing to the lease surrender this Wednesday, but the reporter who broke this news via Twitter on Friday, said there was also some other meeting regarding this today I believe...

Craig Lewis
Land next to Northampton Town FC’s East Stand looks set to be transferred by Northampton Borough Council to the club.
The move will be discussed by the authority on Monday.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:30:53 am by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21773 on: June 11, 2018, 09:56:42 am »

There's a lot of people making assumptions (good and bad) about what KT wants to do with this land he 'robbed' from the council, perhaps best to see what he does once the other lease issues are (hopefully) resolved this week.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, apologies if so, but surely it is better that it was KT & DB who made a jump on the council to acquire CDNL and their associated leases, rather than another party doing so. This whole situation has been complicated enough, image if a third party was involved.

If (and it is a big If) Thomas remains true to his word about not being interested in large scale development then whatever 'other' leases are held by CDNL will be surrendered to the council, once the club are protected. Should that happen that is probably as good a solution for all parties that could have come from this sorry mess.

Interesting week ahead...

My response to St Edmund was a general reply and not specifically aimed at KT. Someone's (anyone's) stupidity isn't just cause for robbing them.

On your other points, I agree. I've already stated that I can understand why KT took the action he did, if it was to safeguard the club - nevertheless, it was still underhand.
What worries me more is Clarkey, who claims to be ITK and yet is calling for everyone to apologize to KT, while making such declarations as: "KT and his group have proposed multiple options for developing the land around the stadium from retail to offices, distribution sheds etc etc. They have also provided proven funding of £ millions."

Presumably this multiple-options-development is on land intended to benefit the finances of Northampton tax payers, right? Although, as you've said, KT previously declared he had no interest in large scale development. So let's see who benefits down the line. For now, the jury is still out.

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21774 on: June 11, 2018, 10:04:38 am »

Forget Sixfields....what about successive councils who are taking the town down the pan with poor and bizarre decision making? Chaotic, inept, incompetent, the list goes on. I’m sure some stronger misdemeanours, which I’ll leave for the armchair sleuths.
Sky high town centre rates, not giving businesses a chance. No forward planning for the bus station site. Terrible design of traffic flow. I do feel feel sorry for the majority of council staff too who work under the umbrella of redundancy or poor pay rises. They will be no different to a lot of local councils around the country but several wrongs don’t make a right.

You're absolutely right, we've had one of the worst performing councils in the country for years now; and therein lies the answer. Forget political allegiances, because whoever holds sway they perform pitifully. Remember, you or I or anyone else on this board could stand as a councilor. We wouldn't need to know many of the rules because we would be guided by the officers. I believe this is one major cause of this town's woes, because these same well paid officers advise the actions of each and every council vote.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:56:42 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21775 on: June 11, 2018, 11:45:40 am »

Simple fact I guess is KT has said all along he will do best by the club and what is best for the club.

We'll see now won't we.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21776 on: June 11, 2018, 12:21:02 pm »

Simple fact I guess is KT has said all along he will do best by the club and what is best for the club.

We'll see now won't we.
Everything is open to interpretation in whats best for the club.
Those that understand how football works and genuinely want the progress will want a finished east stand and  overall ground improvements in which to attract more visitors, the capacity steadily raised to 12000, as would be expected of a professional football club representing a catchment of 300,000 within a 15 mile radius...
As you say, we will soon see.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #21777 on: June 11, 2018, 12:49:25 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/council-to-agree-handing-problematic-lease-over-to-northampton-town-days-after-the-chairman-threatened-to-walk-out-over-the-matter-1-8528326

The rights to develop a parcel of land next to Sixfields stadium are set to be handed to Northampton Town Football Club in a move that could finally clear the way for a stadium expansion

Northampton Borough Council’s cabinet is set to confirm arrangements for a lease on land adjacent to the East Stand to be "regularised" at Wednesday's cabinet meeting.

The move would effectively transfer control of the parcel of land to the club, providing a "clean site" to enable the development of the stand.

In 2004, Northampton Borough Council leased Sixfields Stadium and the adjacent running track to Northampton Town Football Club.

Then in 2013, the club was requested to surrender part of the running track land back to the council as part of a deal to secure the future of the club and facilitate the construction of the new stand.

As part of this transaction, the Cardoza-owned County Developments Northampton Ltd (CDNL) took a lease on the running track site.

It subsequently transpired that not all the land should have been transferred and CDNL asked the council to accept a surrender of its lease on part of the site to enable the construction of the stand to be completed.

The council has since been in discussions with the football club to progress the surrender, though tensions between the two parties have recently frayed.

Last month Cobblers chairman Kelvin Thomas even threatened to walk away from the club because of what he said was a "complete lack of action, co-operation or communication from Northampton Borough Council" around the transfer.

However, the cabinet paper on Wednesday could finally see the impasse preventing the stadium development cleared.

Councillor Tim Hadland, cabinet member for regeneration and enterprise, said: “We have been clear all along that our focus has been to enable any future stand development and we are happy to regularise the lease to make this happen.

“Our agreement to solve this issue has most recently been discussed with the club in productive dialogue, hence bringing this to cabinet next week to get it concluded.”

The Cabinet meeting will take place at the Guildhall from 6pm next Wednesday, June 13.

The papers going to the meeting have revealed that neither the 2004 lease or the lease granted to CDNL in 2013 enabled either party to carry out a commercial development of the relevant land due to restrictions in the terms of the leases.

The 2004 lease restricts the use to “a Community Stadium and ancillary Athletics Track and Facility for the Provision and Facilitation of Sport" and any change in this would require the consent of the council.

The effect of the surrender of the land will be to return that land to the status it held prior to 2013, paving the way for Kelvin Thomas and his ownership consortium to build on the land.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:52:21 pm by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21778 on: June 11, 2018, 12:59:05 pm »

Here is a link to Maidstone's new stand. Almost twice the capacity of the north and safe standing. I do agree with Beds there needs to be joined up thinking over redevelopment as the fans will be here long after the owners have gone. http://modusltd.co.uk/project-completion-new-north-stand-maidstone-united-football-club/

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #21779 on: June 11, 2018, 15:13:28 pm »

That was a PPB on behalf of the Anarchist Party. Better still imo stick to NTFC!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: