The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:25:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819565 times)
west stand oap, Madrid Cobbler (+ 1 Hidden) and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.
super-si

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21900 on: June 18, 2018, 07:02:10 am »

A football club should always have a ground
 big enough to cater for its catchment and achieve its full potential.
Having just 6300 home seats and able to cater for just 1400 visiting make Sixfields not fit for purpose when you consider we have a 300,000 people living within 10 miles.
Those non league teams you mention and all others do not fail on this criteria.
We have to acknowledge these blatantly obvious problems and deal with them.
 Kelvin cant keep avoiding the elephant in the room by brushing it under the carpet because even his most fervent followers will one day notice it.
Time to seek investment into our infrastructure methinks.

So your theory has worked wonders at MK.   Great stadium...mostly empty...poor atmosphere! I’d rather be a Sixfields thank you!
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #21901 on: June 18, 2018, 07:33:50 am »

A football club should always have a ground big enough to cater for its catchment and achieve its full potential.
Having just 6300 home seats and able to cater for just 1400 visiting make Sixfields not fit for purpose when you consider we have a 300,000 people living within 10 miles.
So is your belief that Sixfields is a non league ground based predominantly on the capacity and not on appearance?

The reason I asked for other examples of grounds with terracing above the seats is because I cant see how it would make Sixfields look anything other than non league or an embarrassment with that set up.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #21902 on: June 18, 2018, 08:09:12 am »

If I had 10 million to 'chuck at the Cobblers' - Id buy it for a quid (!!), and spend it primarily on the team to get it into the Championship. Id probably proportion about 3 million to 'tidy up the ground' but that wouldn't be enough to make much difference (if any) to the capacity.

Id then look to 'seek mega rich investors'.

I *believe thats what KT 'tried to do'. Thus far its failed and Im guessing he's a fair bit down already. Plus he didn't have 10 million, he supposedly had 4 million.

If I had 30 million quid, Id sort the ground out concurrently with 'investing in the team'. That kind of money should be enough to get into the championship and 'compete' for 2 or 3 seasons.

If I had 100 million quid, Id try and do a Bournemouth, and get the team into the premier league and then 'sort the ground out properly'.

The reason why Im irritated by KT is that he *promised to sort out the East stand and has thus far failed to deliver on that. I understand the reasons why, what I cannot accept is why he won't tell us his plans. That makes me more than a bit suspicious, and coupled with the Chinese fall out, clinging onto JFH too long, building up a massive wage bill with no sense of direction…Ive lost faith in the bloke. Relegation is irrelevant, that can happen to any team/club. BUT the way we tried to avoid it lacked wasn't really a logical approach now was it?

Anyway, back to the ground! Assuming we are not going to find a rich oil magnate or similar in the short term. We need to be building up a model that will see us competing financially with the bigger clubs in league1. Realistically thats the best we can hope for unless we win the footballing lottery. 12500-15000 capacity will never see us bring in the income to stay in the Championship for more than 1, or 2…maybe 3 at a push…seasons. The question is..would we attract huge crowds if the facilities allowed and really kick on? I reckon we would. But your talking a minimum of 50million quid to see if that would happen!

Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #21903 on: June 18, 2018, 09:37:33 am »

BOROUGH COUNCIL PLEDGE TO WORK WITH THE COBBLERS TO CONCLUDE LEGAL LEASE FORMALITIES SPEEDILY

At a Northampton Borough Council Cabinet meeting last Wednesday (13 June), members confirmed arrangements to regularise a lease on land at the PTS Academy Stadium.

The land forms part of the former athletics track to the east of the football stadium and will provide a clean site, allowing the redevelopment of Northampton Town Football Club’s East Stand.

Cllr Tim Hadland, Cabinet member for regeneration and enterprise, said: “We’re pleased to have cleared this element of the work so that the stand redevelopment can now proceed.

“The football club is part of the town’s essence and we have always been keen to see it succeed and thrive. We will now work with the club to ensure the formalities are dealt with as quickly as possible.”

Kelvin Thomas, Chairman of the club said: “As has been well documented this has been a long process, but we are very pleased to be so close to a resolution.

“We appreciated the Cabinet paper released last week which acknowledged that this problem existed and confirmed that CDNL was only ever trying to release control of a portion of land to the benefit of the football club.

“The positive Cabinet decision on Wednesday then gave permission for the Council to move ahead to regularise these incorrect leases and we will work with the Council closely to complete the legal formalities in a timely manner.

“We also appreciate Cllr Tim Hadland’s comments and the club looks forward to working together with NBC in a positive manner on both the stadium site, and in other areas of the club.”
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #21904 on: June 18, 2018, 10:53:02 am »

I love all the comparison clap trap, the simple fact of the matter is all of the grounds ABOVE us in the pyramid bar just a few, all have larger capacities and better matchday facilities. The few that don't have are planning for it. We are where we are.

What do the Sixfield apologists put that down to luck?

Be honest, Sixfields is division four nothing more. Having our own supporters content with such a piss poor stadium and not wishing for improvements is akin to wishing us lose. You should be fucking ashamed of yourselves defending the current stadium and not wishing for a larger, better equipped stadium actually able to entice further support and sponsorship.
Report Spam   Logged
Humanpunk

View Profile
« Reply #21905 on: June 18, 2018, 11:16:21 am »

"Be honest, Sixfields is division four nothing more. Having our own supporters content with such a piss poor stadium and not wishing for improvements is akin to wishing us lose. You should be f***ing ashamed of yourselves defending the current stadium and not wishing for a larger, better equipped stadium actually able to entice further support and sponsorship."

Love to know where all the money is coming from to build a bigger better stadium, my understanding was that KT said he wanted to invest and build the East Stand and a little bit more to help generate income, even in League 1 with half a stand the ground was hardly ever sold out  Roll Eyes As far as I am aware there is no change to the fact that the club is up for sale at the moment, although with the lease situation resolved it might be a little more enticing to buyers.

Realism rarely seems to come in to play when people talk about what this club is and can realistically afford without a major investor coming on board.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21906 on: June 18, 2018, 11:24:43 am »

I love all the comparison clap trap, the simple fact of the matter is all of the grounds ABOVE us in the pyramid bar just a few, all have larger capacities and better matchday facilities. The few that don't have are planning for it. We are where we are.

Be honest, Sixfields is division four nothing more. Having our own supporters content with such a piss poor stadium and not wishing for improvements is akin to wishing us lose. You should be fucking ashamed of yourselves defending the current stadium and not wishing for a larger, better equipped stadium actually able to entice further support and sponsorship.

Find me one Cobblers fan who doesn't wish for a bigger stadium with better facilities.....

Agree, it's a Leage 2 ground.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #21907 on: June 18, 2018, 11:29:53 am »

Please name one person who thinks like this!
I want the ground improved and more facilities but not at the cost of the squad. Short term we don't need 10,000 seats when we average less than 6,000. If we had the billionaire investor I would hope they flatten the place and start again but we don't. We have what we have and adding a bank of terracing, or more seats behind the goal is going to give us little to no return. Get the corporate stuff sorted, get more businesses involved, make us a stable and attractive business and we are more likely to attract people with more money. That's what I think KT is doing. The only concern I have is why he hasn't shared his plan with drawings etc
Wanting us to spend money we don't have to lure in people in based on a pretty stadium but a **** team to watch is **** shameful
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21908 on: June 18, 2018, 15:02:24 pm »

You maybe partly right in the opening sequence of your argument; like Beds you quickly fall into the land of ‘wish list’. Which means that your argument ends up in the mire of horse and cart theories. First build a decent side capable of holding its own in L1. Demand will grow and with it the ability to sustain growth in amenities and infrastructure. Rome was not built in a day.

I'm fairly sure we had one of those and not too long ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21909 on: June 18, 2018, 16:07:48 pm »

Unfortunately the weak link was the manager(s)...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21910 on: June 18, 2018, 16:29:52 pm »

So your theory has worked wonders at MK.   Great stadium...mostly empty...poor atmosphere! I’d rather be a Sixfields thank you!
Sixfields with 12000 capacity is what we need as opposed to an unnecessary massive 31000 stadium, a big difference Im sure you would agree, who else made the exact same incorrect analogy? Oh yes thats right, KT.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21911 on: June 18, 2018, 16:45:41 pm »

So is your belief that Sixfields is a non league ground based predominantly on the capacity and not on appearance?

The reason I asked for other examples of grounds with terracing above the seats is because I cant see how it would make Sixfields look anything other than non league or an embarrassment with that set up.
In what way do you think a X2 bigger atmospheric stand be more non league than the current little bus shelter sized stands that is such  a turn off for people visiting Sixfields?
Genuine question.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21912 on: June 18, 2018, 17:17:28 pm »

If I had 10 million to 'chuck at the Cobblers' - Id buy it for a quid (!!), and spend it primarily on the team to get it into the Championship. Id probably proportion about 3 million to 'tidy up the ground' but that wouldn't be enough to make much difference (if any) to the capacity.

Id then look to 'seek mega rich investors'.

I *believe thats what KT 'tried to do'. Thus far its failed and Im guessing he's a fair bit down already. Plus he didn't have 10 million, he supposedly had 4 million.

If I had 30 million quid, Id sort the ground out concurrently with 'investing in the team'. That kind of money should be enough to get into the championship and 'compete' for 2 or 3 seasons.

If I had 100 million quid, Id try and do a Bournemouth, and get the team into the premier league and then 'sort the ground out properly'.

The reason why Im irritated by KT is that he *promised to sort out the East stand and has thus far failed to deliver on that. I understand the reasons why, what I cannot accept is why he won't tell us his plans. That makes me more than a bit suspicious, and coupled with the Chinese fall out, clinging onto JFH too long, building up a massive wage bill with no sense of direction…Ive lost faith in the bloke. Relegation is irrelevant, that can happen to any team/club. BUT the way we tried to avoid it lacked wasn't really a logical approach now was it?

Anyway, back to the ground! Assuming we are not going to find a rich oil magnate or similar in the short term. We need to be building up a model that will see us competing financially with the bigger clubs in league1. Realistically thats the best we can hope for unless we win the footballing lottery. 12500-15000 capacity will never see us bring in the income to stay in the Championship for more than 1, or 2…maybe 3 at a push…seasons. The question is..would we attract huge crowds if the facilities allowed and really kick on? I reckon we would. But your talking a minimum of 50million quid to see if that would happen!

To challenge in league 1 and achieve a few championship seasons is all most of us wish for.
For us to get there would require having a 12000 stadium minimum build up over that old 5 years using as many sustainable methods ever known.
I believe a club built up gradually by a chairman who is happy to  work hard with the town and clubs supporters to build things in stages would gather more sence of belonging, momentum and feel good factor than a rich sugar daddys play thing, losing a bit of obsene wealth before they die.
Thankfully the days of property developers rocking up are in the past as we're  no longer are burdened with excessive cursed sixfields soil😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21913 on: June 18, 2018, 20:38:17 pm »

With Wilder and Knill 😲 gone, plus a couple of star players also leaving we lost momentum. We should have replaced the star players but we didn't. Had we retained Wilder things may have been very different.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 16:04:08 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21914 on: June 18, 2018, 20:48:35 pm »

With Wilder and Knibbs gone, plus a couple of star players also leaving we lost momentum. We should have replaced the star players but we didn't. Had we retained Wilder things may have been very different.
Do you actually believe that? You're a bigger wind up merchant than me😂😂😊
Wilder used us as a stepping stone to escape oxford and re group, those star players rebuild their flagging careers at our shabby un ambitious s*** hole in hope of a move to those progressive clubs we can only hope to emulate..
Major changes needed, and the belittling needs to stop
Hope that helps.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #21915 on: June 18, 2018, 21:08:16 pm »

With Wilder and Knibbs gone,
Knibbs?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2487

« Reply #21916 on: June 18, 2018, 23:37:05 pm »

Old Alan Knibbs and his wonderful set pieces.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21917 on: June 19, 2018, 00:10:07 am »

Unfortunately the weak link was the manager(s)...

And then some!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21918 on: June 19, 2018, 00:13:58 am »

To challenge in league 1 and achieve a few championship seasons is all most of us wish for.
For us to get there would require having a 12000 stadium minimum build up over that old 5 years using as many sustainable methods ever known.
I believe a club built up gradually by a chairman who is happy to  work hard with the town and clubs supporters to build things in stages would gather more sence of belonging, momentum and feel good factor than a rich sugar daddys play thing, losing a bit of obsene wealth before they die.
Thankfully the days of property developers rocking up are in the past as we're  no longer are burdened with excessive cursed sixfields soil😂😂

What does that even mean?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #21919 on: June 19, 2018, 06:08:38 am »

No idea. Particularly when the owners do still own the leases for all that excessive soil.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: