The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:42:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820321 times)
RChurch, tcobb and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21920 on: June 19, 2018, 06:24:39 am »

What does that even mean?
Im assuming  the very thing that had kept us mothballed and stood still these past 20 years whilst a succession of chairman fought the nbc for control of land leases has now come to an end?
Its all been dished out/ taken back/ gone and our club can now regroup without this lost enabling oppertunity and start looking at another way forward, of which theres still plenty.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #21921 on: June 19, 2018, 06:24:52 am »

In what way do you think a X2 bigger atmospheric stand be more non league than the current little bus shelter sized stands that is such  a turn off for people visiting Sixfields?
Genuine question.
Adding seats doesn't increase atmosphere. A fully finished stand, either all safe standing or all seating, will look a much more professional attractive proposition  (although personally I don't think the current stand / ground turns people away nor do I think a new stand will necessarily attract people).

What I'm really struggling with is to see how a half and half stand like you have suggested will look anything other than tin pot, that's why I asked for examples of other stands so I can see what it would look like.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21922 on: June 19, 2018, 06:39:02 am »

Assuming NBC gets its legal act together quickly we can stop floating ideas about what Sixfields could be with the right backers and level of investment and bear down on KT for hard information on what he intends to do, if anything.  Over to you KT.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21923 on: June 19, 2018, 06:58:49 am »

Adding seats doesn't increase atmosphere. A fully finished stand, either all safe standing or all seating, will look a much more professional attractive proposition  (although personally I don't think the current stand / ground turns people away nor do I think a new stand will necessarily attract people).

What I'm really struggling with is to see how a half and half stand like you have suggested will look anything other than tin pot, that's why I asked for examples of other stands so I can see what it would look like.
Firstly its not important to have an exact copy of some other clubs ground, infact you hear a lot of fans not liking visiting identy kit or lego esque stadium such as little sixfields, so it doesnt sell its self well. Some originality would likely attract more visiting fans.
  I suggested  a new 12 row extention behind both goals that are a safe terracing, many fans mainly older wish to remain seated so need catering for, so leaving what is there in situ makes perfect financial  sense.
This way gives the ground a professional outlook and feel with a far greater atmosphere that will in turn attract more supporters and increases capacity to above the much needed 12000.
The funding of this would still require getting in some investment, sponsorship,  long term multiple  ticket sales and most importantly the full support and help of our catchment makes this  very acheivable .
Doing nothing for another 20 years isnt an option any more.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #21924 on: June 19, 2018, 07:52:28 am »

Firstly its not important to have an exact copy of some other clubs ground, infact you hear a lot of fans not liking visiting identy kit or lego esque stadium such as little sixfields, so it doesnt sell its self well. Some originality would likely attract more visiting fans.
  I suggested  a new 12 row extention behind both goals that are a safe terracing, many fans mainly older wish to remain seated so need catering for, so leaving what is there in situ makes perfect financial  sense.
This way gives the ground a professional outlook and feel with a far greater atmosphere that will in turn attract more supporters and increases capacity to above the much needed 12000.
The funding of this would still require getting in some investment, sponsorship,  long term multiple  ticket sales and most importantly the full support and help of our catchment makes this  very acheivable .
I'm not looking to copy a ground, I'm not a huge fan of the lego esque stadiums either, I much prefer old traditional stadia that are about to fall down!I'm just not very good at imaging how things look so was hoping for a similar example as, like  I said, I cant see it being an attractive option
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21925 on: June 19, 2018, 09:50:54 am »

Do you actually believe that? You're a bigger wind up merchant than me😂😂😊
Wilder used us as a stepping stone to escape oxford and re group, those star players rebuild their flagging careers at our shabby un ambitious **** hole in hope of a move to those progressive clubs we can only hope to emulate..
Major changes needed, and the belittling needs to stop
Hope that helps.

It’s my opinion and sorry do not share your cynical views on CW etc. Your ‘crusade’ on the ReDev and this subject ranks of psychosis problem. If it helps see a Doctor.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:56:18 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #21926 on: June 19, 2018, 10:17:28 am »

Old Alan Knibbs and his wonderful set pieces.

I really enjoyed those goals at Wycombe?, Mansfield, Luton and possibly others too. A decent guy got me tkt for the Luton game whatever happened to him! Do I detect a sarcastic tone to yr comments?
Report Spam   Logged

West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #21927 on: June 19, 2018, 10:57:41 am »

I really enjoyed those goals at Wycombe?, Mansfield, Luton and possibly others too. A decent guy got me tkt for the Luton game whatever happened to him! Do I detect a sarcastic tone to yr comments?

Can't find any mention of this Alan Knibbs on Google. Hint hint.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21928 on: June 19, 2018, 14:43:25 pm »

You detect wrong Evers. Just picking up on the Knibbs part.

Alan Knill was great!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #21929 on: June 19, 2018, 16:01:38 pm »

Can't find any mention of this Alan Knibbs on Google. Hint hint.

You won’t either!
Report Spam   Logged

WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #21930 on: June 19, 2018, 21:31:15 pm »

The idea of extending behind both goals appeals to me and surely must appeal to most on here. Safe standing/rail seating would be a great way to go. Still aesthetically pleasing with the current seats remaining intact and thus would attract fans who like to stand safely and legally. When Sixfields was built we were told it was a case of ripping off the roof and building back to extend so the costs would be less than a complete re-build. 12 rows of 100 (I think the North and South Stands are only 100 seats wide) = 1200 additional capacity in each stand taking us up to the 10,000 mark with over 2,000 for away fans in one stand. Finish the East with the boxes and bars to generate income on non-match days too and the ground will be ready for a sustained spell in League One and a cheeky push for the Championship.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21931 on: June 19, 2018, 23:05:03 pm »

Say what you like about this thread, it is a laugh. You’d think after 1,000 pages there wouldn’t  be so much confusion? Personally I would like to see a miniature version of the Juventus Stadium with around a 20,000 capacity. No point in spending a load of dosh and then having to redevelop if we were to make it to the prem? Corporate boxes with high end catering, an adaptability for concerts (given the proximity of the MI) and all of the high end paraphernalia that’s associated with a development of this nature. A bit of standing to generate some atmosphere is a great idea? To repeat, just need to sort the minor technicality of finance and Shangri La shouldn’t be to the detriment of the team or the long term stability of the club? If we all agree with this in principle, can I suggest we move on until such time as we are in a position to pay for it?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: June 20, 2018, 05:22:38 am »

Say what you like about this thread, it is a laugh. You’d think after 1,000 pages there wouldn’t  be so much confusion? Personally I would like to see a miniature version of the Juventus Stadium with around a 20,000 capacity. No point in spending a load of dosh and then having to redevelop if we were to make it to the prem? Corporate boxes with high end catering, an adaptability for concerts (given the proximity of the MI) and all of the high end paraphernalia that’s associated with a development of this nature. A bit of standing to generate some atmosphere is a great idea? To repeat, just need to sort the minor technicality of finance and Shangri La shouldn’t be to the detriment of the team or the long term stability of the club? If we all agree with this in principle, can I suggest we move on until such time as we are in a position to pay for it?
You obviously dont attend matches so not much bothered if we were rot forever more in a tiny ground that is strangling the life out of our club.
All this mini Juve ground utter nonsense😂 does nothing to help but give those whose interests are better served excuses  to avoid the issue.
We have to offer up workable ideas that we can all agree on and push hard for, so any suggestions mini Juventus stadium or stad mk will end up with us getting the grand sum of nothing😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #21933 on: June 20, 2018, 06:29:33 am »

I think the level of finish, interest and build quality should mirror that of Puskas Akademia stadium just on a larger scale.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21934 on: June 20, 2018, 07:22:29 am »

May I once again ask that this topic be closed until there is some actual news or someone has something sensible to say. It will save a lot of time.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21935 on: June 20, 2018, 07:26:27 am »

You obviously dont attend matches so not much bothered if we were rot forever more in a tiny ground that is strangling the life out of our club.
All this mini Juve ground utter nonsense😂 does nothing to help but give those whose interests are better served excuses  to avoid the issue.
We have to offer up workable ideas that we can all agree on and push hard for, so any suggestions mini Juventus stadium or stad mk will end up with us getting the grand sum of nothing😂😂

Have you ever thought of getting a job in a Government or Council department?  
One of their essential skills is to continually talk or discuss a subject ad nauseam with very little physical, visible and/or tangible commitment? Perfect candidate.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21936 on: June 20, 2018, 07:57:03 am »

We will get what we get Richard.
A thousand pages of pointless twaddle won’t change that.
You ,me and any other poster will have zero impact on the designs and we will have to put up with it.
The only issue worth debating is when/if it actually gets built.
I’m not sure it will be started/finished this decade and have grown sick of it all so won’t be buying a season ticket until it’s all finished and the farce has ended.
If it is ever built I may pop down to the forgettable name stadium and take in some matches.
FWIW my guess is it will be drawn out much longer and the current board will be desperate for someone else to takeover and build it now that the leases have been sorted out and they can sell on for a profit.
I wouldn’t get too excited about a redevelopment yet,whatever form it may/may not take.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: June 20, 2018, 08:33:33 am »

I appreciate your sentiment shoey but I can’t get my head around people who are saying they aren’t going to buy a season ticket or stop coming to games due to lack of redevelopment. Despite the sh*te we were served up last season it never crossed my mind not to renew (what else would we do on a Saturday afternoon?) I support NTFC and if that makes me a sheep that KT thrives upon then so be it. Don’t get me wrong I’m the same as every other supporter in that I want the sixfields fiasco to be resolved but to be honest I’ve completely zoned out now and anything positive will be a bonus.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21938 on: June 20, 2018, 13:34:22 pm »

I’ve said the wrong thing again haven’t I?
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21939 on: June 22, 2018, 10:34:58 am »

May I once again ask that this topic be closed until there is some actual news or someone has something sensible to say. It will save a lot of time.

Seconded!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: