The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:35:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822669 times)
Peter Frost (+ 1 Hidden) and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21960 on: June 24, 2018, 18:10:16 pm »

Whats that got to do with the price of fish?
If you can't see the point being made, I feel sorry for you!
Think before making cheap shots ffs!
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #21961 on: June 24, 2018, 18:58:05 pm »

Brighton is owned by A guy who makes £100million a year and has spent £250 million on the club.

Thats why attendances have improved.What has that got to do with NTFC?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21962 on: June 24, 2018, 20:42:02 pm »

Ask them, also there's no argument as to our limited capacity.
You guys are so loyal to your chairman.. its commendable   😚

Wrong again. Surprise surprise.

No loyalty to anyone bar the club itself. Nobody, well nobody sane, is saying they dont want a bigger ground. Nobody. 99% are just pretty well grounded and not on crack.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #21963 on: June 24, 2018, 21:20:39 pm »

Brighton didnt always sell out the 6600 withdean but sell 30,000 at the amex..

Initially I thought good point but there is the little difference of the league they are playing in - now you would argue their premiership status was helped by a 30k ground - most would say it was the filthy rich owner - it’s a bit of a chicken and egg scenario isn’t it?
Report Spam   Logged
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #21964 on: June 24, 2018, 22:30:01 pm »

That average gate you refer to is one from the Sixfields in it current  substandard non league state that has serious  limitations that directly effects the the amount of visitors attracted to it and limited capacity forcing restrictions on admission that doesn't allow the promotion of the most attractive games to new supporters  to avoid regulars being lock out.
Despite what kelvin thinks, regularly having 8 or 9000 in a 12000 professional looking staduim is better than 6500 plus in a shoe box looking restricted one.

That average gate stat they refer to is based on fact, which is very different to most of what you come out with which is opinion.

People are giving you facts, and you respond with an opinion, treating it as fact - Sixfields is no where near a non league stadium, which reduces your entire comment down to.....that'd be nada.

End result is you look as ridiculous as we would sat in a 12,000 seat stadium with 1000's of empty seats that we've got just incase we get a big cup draw or the less than a handful of other occasions that away fans want to fill the ground.

We would not regularly get 8000 or 9000 people attending Sixfields just because there was better facilities, Look at what happened to Darlington (and others) who got more than they needed.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21965 on: June 25, 2018, 00:23:00 am »

Wrong again. Surprise surprise.

No loyalty to anyone bar the club itself. Nobody, well nobody sane, is saying they dont want a bigger ground. Nobody. 99% are just pretty well grounded and not on crack.

Well, it looks like that is exactly what Tom is saying! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #21966 on: June 25, 2018, 01:07:07 am »

Well, it looks like that is exactly what Tom is saying! Wink

Grin

Sane!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #21967 on: June 25, 2018, 01:18:07 am »

That average gate stat they refer to is based on fact, which is very different to most of what you come out with which is opinion.

People are giving you facts, and you respond with an opinion, treating it as fact - Sixfields is no where near a non league stadium, which reduces your entire comment down to.....that'd be nada.

End result is you look as ridiculous as we would sat in a 12,000 seat stadium with 1000's of empty seats that we've got just incase we get a big cup draw or the less than a handful of other occasions that away fans want to fill the ground.

We would not regularly get 8000 or 9000 people attending Sixfields just because there was better facilities, Look at what happened to Darlington (and others) who got more than they needed.
The thing is Tom all of this is completely irrelevant. We could argue about what type of ground we need and the justification for it for the next 100 years. The only thing that’s relevant is an ability to raise the finance to fulfil any ambition. Kelvin Thomas could share exactly the same vision as Beds, unlikely but possible? However, I believe he would find it impossible to do anything about it. I work in a world where I regularly have to deal with the scenario under discussion, and it is difficult for me to convey the enormity of what some on here are demanding from a financial perspective. It is a fact that unless the owner of the club has a personal fortune considerably greater than the investment required, that they are prepared to secure against the debt, then what is being demanded by some is impossible and it doesn’t matter how hard they stamp their feet. This security also has to be reasonably attainable by the lender if required. That is an irrefutable fact and it’s not up for debate. I can also tell you as fact that if the majority of KTs assets are in the USA, they would be excluded from consideration. This is not something I am making up, this comes from personally being involved in dealing with similar situations on a professional level. Trust me on this, the futility of what is being proposed by some on here is so unrealistic it’s ridiculously comical. As I said many posts ago, there is nothing wrong with dreaming, and if people want to fantasise on here its none of my business. However, when they want to start slagging off the chairman and other supporters for not falling into line with their unattainable ridiculous nonsense, that’s akin to beating up a blind man for being unable to see, then they derserve all the ridicule they get. Please listen to me, it can’t be done and that’s a fact, until we get an owner with eye watering wealth or someone like NBC just handover the cash on almost gift like terms. I suspect however that this crap will go on indefinitely, mainly because the main protagonists naivety and stubbornness exceeds their intelligence by a considerable margin.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21968 on: June 25, 2018, 06:23:28 am »

Initially I thought good point but there is the little difference of the league they are playing in - now you would argue their premiership status was helped by a 30k ground - most would say it was the filthy rich owner - it’s a bit of a chicken and egg scenario isn’t it?
They didnt play premiership football at the withdean thats for sure or Rotherham championship football at the don valley or Doncaster didn't  play championship football at Belleview and so on.
 We can never challenge out side the 4th tier until we have forward thinking people at the helm who understand how things work and have an idea as to what can be achieved and where we should be at, all things considered.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #21969 on: June 25, 2018, 06:25:54 am »

The constant argument is that if we have an attractive stadium that we will attract more fans, with the biggest argument it seems being on away fans. It wont be easy to ask away fans but we can flip it on to us...

Who has attended an away league game primarily because of the stadium?
Who has not attended an away league game because the stadium is poor?
Where does the stadium quality rank in your decision making process about attending an away game?

For me...
No,
yes Bristol Rovers but I've been a few times now and hate the place,
location and opponent are the two main factors along with have I been there before
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21970 on: June 25, 2018, 06:44:44 am »

Oh dear, hes mentioned little Darlington as a reason Northampton with 300,000 inhabitants living within 10 miles, should not progress its infrastructure to a measly 12000 in order to have spare capacity (thats a good thing as you cant sell what you dont have, unless your viagogo 😂) to grow your product. Theres no similarities between the 2.
I think weve established that Sixfields is in fact sub non league standard as most non league clubs can cater for their catchment and in a position to gain promotion, we cand do neither.
Most non league clubs now have large matchday supporters bars and corperate boxes and other non match day revenue streams, we dont have most of these things, and that is a brutal fact.
Woukd you honestly turn down the opportunity to allow our club to opperate in a more professional setting with a 12000 capacity staduim? No you wouldn't, so question your own ambitions for our club and dont worry about going against the Chairman zero growth policy to date, this is your club as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #21971 on: June 25, 2018, 07:07:14 am »

Sixfields is hopelessly inadequate for us to progress, I think this has now been proved as fact three or four times.
Its a best a lower league two ground.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #21972 on: June 25, 2018, 07:26:12 am »

Here’s an idea, if all those that share this vision were to put 10 grand on their mortgage and then get 2,000 other supporters to do the same they would raise 20 million, more than enough. All they need to do is get out there and sell the club hard. They’ve the complete sales pitch lined up, people will be gagging to sign up? I’m guessing their mouths are writing cheques their resolve can’t cash though?
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #21973 on: June 25, 2018, 08:02:13 am »

The constant argument is that if we have an attractive stadium that we will attract more fans, with the biggest argument it seems being on away fans. It wont be easy to ask away fans but we can flip it on to us...

Who has attended an away league game primarily because of the stadium?
Who has not attended an away league game because the stadium is poor?
Where does the stadium quality rank in your decision making process about attending an away game?

For me...
No,
yes Bristol Rovers but I've been a few times now and hate the place,
location and opponent are the two main factors along with have I been there before

My criteria for attending an away game are

Am I busy
Can I afford it
Have I been before

The standard of stadium isn't an issue, otherwise my first and last trip to Underhill would have been in 1993
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #21974 on: June 25, 2018, 08:32:50 am »

My criteria for attending an away game are

Am I busy
Can I afford it
Have I been before

The standard of stadium isn't an issue, otherwise my first and last trip to Underhill would have been in 1993

I am mostly same as you. I will avoid an uncovered stand if rain is forecast though...
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest48

« Reply #21975 on: June 25, 2018, 08:36:26 am »

I think weve established that Sixfields is in fact sub non league standard as most non league clubs can cater for their catchment and in a position to gain promotion, we cand do neither.
Most non league clubs now have large matchday supporters bars and corperate boxes and other non match day revenue streams, we dont have most of these things, and that is a brutal fact.

I think you in your own mind "have established that Sixfields is sub non league". What on earth is "Sub non league"Huh? I've been to loads of non league grounds and there are very few that are even at the same standard as Sixfields, only maybe Chesterfield and Orient. Also, apart from those could you post on here a list of "Most non league clubs now have corporate boxes" because I'm struggling to remember them.
      You really do yourself no favours when you post crap like that, and finish with "that is a brutal fact" when it's quite obviously not.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21976 on: June 25, 2018, 12:49:06 pm »

Here’s an idea, if all those that share this vision were to put 10 grand on their mortgage and then get 2,000 other supporters to do the same they would raise 20 million, more than enough. All they need to do is get out there and sell the club hard. They’ve the complete sales pitch lined up, people will be gagging to sign up? I’m guessing their mouths are writing cheques their resolve can’t cash though?
we have already established several workable plans where no one has to dig deep, even the Chairman and co can continue without spending a penny of their own money.
Losing the ground naming rights was a major loss to any redev plans but theres still other ways as previously stated.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #21977 on: June 25, 2018, 13:02:40 pm »

I think you in your own mind "have established that Sixfields is sub non league". What on earth is "Sub non league"Huh? I've been to loads of non league grounds and there are very few that are even at the same standard as Sixfields, only maybe Chesterfield and Orient. Also, apart from those could you post on here a list of "Most non league clubs now have corporate boxes" because I'm struggling to remember them.
      You really do yourself no favours when you post crap like that, and finish with "that is a brutal fact" when it's quite obviously not.

Name another professional football club any where in Europe that can only cater for 3.3% of its conurbation and that of its immediate catchment, say a 10 mile radius without competing with other professional football clubs?
There isnt any and if there was it would soon be rectified.
Sixfields is not fit for purpose in its present state, all these non league clubs you refer to, dont have the same issues that hold us back.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #21978 on: June 25, 2018, 14:27:45 pm »

Name another professional football club any where in Europe that can only cater for 3.3% of its conurbation and that of its immediate catchment, say a 10 mile radius without competing with other professional football clubs?
Sixfields is not fit for purpose in its present state, all these non league clubs you refer to, dont have the same issues that hold us back.
Alanyaspor...
Alanya 291643 + 15,000 within 10 miles
Ground capacity 10,130
= 3.3%

What do I win?
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21979 on: June 25, 2018, 14:50:50 pm »

You're kind of missing the point that "being able to cater for 3.3%" is currently, actually more than enough.

If we were turning people away every week your argument may have some credibility.

As it is though, you stand alone thinking we need a capacity any more than we have (or had at 7,457 or whatever it is).

Besides, you can manipulate the numbers anyway you want depending on how you want to size the conurbation or catchment area and it has little or no relevance. Just because people live in or around Northampton, it doesn't give the club the God given right to their support. I bet plenty travel into London, Birmingham and even Manchester and Liverpool every other week to support their teams.

When we serve up something worth watching - when the ticket office can't cope with demand - then you can start baying for more capacity.

The only tiny piece of your argument that holds any water is around facilities but again, I wouldn't (personally) choose the club I follow based on how many corporate boxes they have or what beer they serve. You are perfectly entitled to of course - just don't expect too many others to be of a similar view
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: