The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:32:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822234 times)
JeanGenie, DustonCobbler (+ 1 Hidden) and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.
Mathius

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #22220 on: July 09, 2018, 08:33:49 am »

The Club is working on signing off the leases so it's in a position to redevelop the east stand. Once this is achieved, the Club will be in a position to move forward, whether under the current ownership or not. A lot of you seem to underestimate the legal mess that our current owners have had to work through to get to this stage. Whether they stay or not is irrelevant. They have saved the club and would leave it in a far better position than they found it.

The training facilities at Moulton are the best the Club have ever had access too. A lot of teams above us have far worse facilities at their disposal. We signed a deal only last year to remain at Moulton for the next few years. The Club also put money towards the renovation of the 3G pitch and pay to maintain the 1st team training pitch.

The academy has been improving for a number of years and this has started to bear fruit. We will see an increase in our young players achieving professional contracts. We currently have the best youth team I can remember so I predict big things for the upcoming season and beyond.

There's a lot more to be positive about but I will leave it there. Not everything is perfect but nowhere near as bad as a lot of the doom and gloom on here suggests.     
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22221 on: July 09, 2018, 09:00:41 am »

The Club is working on signing off the leases so it's in a position to redevelop the east stand. Once this is achieved, the Club will be in a position to move forward, whether under the current ownership or not. A lot of you seem to underestimate the legal mess that our current owners have had to work through to get to this stage. Whether they stay or not is irrelevant. They have saved the club and would leave it in a far better position than they found it.

The training facilities at Moulton are the best the Club have ever had access too. A lot of teams above us have far worse facilities at their disposal. We signed a deal only last year to remain at Moulton for the next few years. The Club also put money towards the renovation of the 3G pitch and pay to maintain the 1st team training pitch.

Are you KT?😄

The academy has been improving for a number of years and this has started to bear fruit. We will see an increase in our young players achieving professional contracts. We currently have the best youth team I can remember so I predict big things for the upcoming season and beyond.

There's a lot more to be positive about but I will leave it there. Not everything is perfect but nowhere near as bad as a lot of the doom and gloom on here suggests.     
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #22222 on: July 09, 2018, 09:19:52 am »

Yet again Jolly wide of the mark! I have never stated 'he revealed the full scale plans'  and I never said I ' randomly emailed him'. My conversation was at the AGM of NTFC a few weeks ago and Mr Thomas was very professional and open. Try using facts!

To be fair, mate, KT would probably do better without you having his back. You were one of David Cardoza's loudest supporters. So, hardly the best judge of character, eh? Wink

And, yes, I'd already said that KT is very professional. Very media savvy!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:21:35 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #22223 on: July 09, 2018, 09:31:28 am »

There's not a "worst". For what it's worth, on the two occasions I've spoken directly with KT, he always comes over as affable and as an 'OK' bloke. This being said, his patter is also fairly typical of anyone who has spent time operating in the sales/media environment. The fact is, he is not going to give out worthwhile answers to any of the punters chasing them. The best he ever gives is 'loose' suggestions of what lies ahead.
Of course, if I am wrong and this isn't the case, then those who come on here proclaiming themselves 'ITK' because of an email they sent, well, they should be in the position to step up and tell us exactly what it is that they do know, right? #nomorethantherestofus

Agree with that btw.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #22224 on: July 09, 2018, 09:52:10 am »

In many ways (and Im eliminating league standing here) it is difficult to argue against any of the points you make. I talked with JFH at the sponsors evening, and had a decent conversation about the training facilities and whilst we cannot compete with Burton for obvious reasons, he was fairly positive about them. They are not perfect, but like you say for a lower league team they are adequate. Long term it would be nice to have our own but that in itself is a huge financial investment and despite my (large) reservations about our current owners, I would not expect them to prioritise those over revenue generating facilities.

What I find interesting is that you have more than hinted that the redevelopment is unlikely to go ahead under the current ownership. That has been mine, and Beds, and Vintage…basically any of KT's 'doubters', main issue. I don't believe that has always been the case, but certainly post-Chinese (reading between the lines) the silence has been deafening, other than publicly putting the club up for sale of course (which I predicted back in March would happen).

Their appetite to finish the job they came here to do, seems to have evaporated. That Im guessing is a lot to do with their personal circumstances, they are not based in the UK, they have families etc.

I suspect that they will seek investors, people who can make the land financially work for both them and the football club. And sit in the background, taking a cut when 'the fruit machine pays out'. On the face of it, thats fine BUT only if the football club gets a decent deal from it. Nobody knows whether thats going to happen, apart from KT's VERY inner-circle. I believe that he will find it very difficult to maximise the opportunity himself if he does stay around as the front man because lets face it, relations with the Council are not great.

I argued the case for a fair few years prior to the whole DC loan saga kicking off, that DC had taken NTFC as far as he could. That he'd ran out of money. I personally believe that is the case now with KT. It isn't personal, I just don't think he can deliver anything of significant benefit to Northampton Town Football Club. I make that assumption because he has not once said what he's here for. Ultimately. That stance has been supported by the majority of our fan base, who still recall the 'over promise under-deliver mantra of our previous owners. It makes me though VERY suspicious.

I hope he finds a buyer quick, I hope that the rumours that he may have found one are true. Quite frankly, its all got very boring now. The signing of legal documents may be whats holding up any deal going through, who knows. As far as Im concerned, he's done his time. You are right, he did 'save us'. But there was another viable option, albeit they didn't have funds to take us forward and a fire sale of our best players would have most likely meant us not winning the league that year. Would we be better or worse off NOW though? Id argue we'd be better off because the local consortium would have most likely got more out of the council. Thats obviously a personal opinion, we will never know the answer. I accept that its also possible that seats wouldn't be in the East Stand. But we wouldn't have gone bust!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #22225 on: July 09, 2018, 10:23:11 am »

you, cobbler watch, uni, Melborne and coolcat.. where do I sign up?

Show me where I sing his praises..
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #22226 on: July 09, 2018, 10:34:30 am »

Popcorn time today with DC being cross examined in the civil case.

https://twitter.com/mattcprecey/status/1016268915633217538
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #22227 on: July 09, 2018, 10:38:16 am »

Or me - there is a fundamental difference in giving someone the benefit of doubt whilst there are obvious (to most people) certain issues to resolve, than being blindly loyal.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #22228 on: July 09, 2018, 10:41:33 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest1269

« Reply #22229 on: July 09, 2018, 10:42:20 am »

"la la land financial acumen" Cobblerswatch accuses me of!

3 failed managerial appointments - Cost?

5USport including£1+ million loan from Bower's BVI company and legals in chasing the Chinese, legal charge etc. - Cost?

A number of useless January signings - Cost?

RELEGATION!! COST?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. You may come up with the numbers that suggest financial acumen may be lacking elsewhere.

Meanwhile the club is on the market again.  £1.00 may seal it provided the buyer is ready, willing and able to take on a wage bill that is unsustainable and may put the club in peril (again). Great financial acumen indeed.

Hilarious - you and your cohorts continually go on that KT has no interest in the club, has invested nothing and is only in it for himself - and then you actually list a series of investments he has made or sought - albeit unsuccessful but investments nonetheless.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #22230 on: July 09, 2018, 10:52:41 am »

TBF all those investments were made on the back of the Chinese money that never happened.
The Jan transfer window debacle was the loan from Bower.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #22231 on: July 09, 2018, 10:59:19 am »

And me? Don’t want to say the wrong thing Hammy but I’m starting to get the impression Beds makes sh1te up to make a point?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #22232 on: July 09, 2018, 11:46:55 am »

And me? Don’t want to say the wrong thing Hammy but I’m starting to get the impression Beds makes sh1te up to make a point?

That's taken you awhile! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #22233 on: July 09, 2018, 12:14:58 pm »

Enough of all the bickering. The court case thread from @mattcprecey is great reading. DC is getting cross examined at the moment. Well worth following on Twitter.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #22234 on: July 09, 2018, 12:16:38 pm »

Its all basic bits and pieces at the moment, all stuff we knew about. Knew that he was telling porkies etc. Love it how he's dragging his old mates into it though!  Poor old David Jackson…I bet he rues the day when he invited Big Dave on his stag do!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #22235 on: July 09, 2018, 12:23:25 pm »

It is indeed great reading!!

DC basically batting everything away....saying he didn't even read the terms of the loan, saying that the dishonesty pointed out by James Morgan QC is just "business"......

Am I reading it right that they all knew what was going on and the plan was to take 3.25m of the 10.25m council loan back to pay off the directors loans, ie the money they had put into the club in the preceding years?

So any redev was never going to be more than £7m, that included the stand, hotel and conference centre, and the club would still be paying back £10.25m?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #22236 on: July 09, 2018, 12:32:16 pm »

The extraordinary answer to me is that they needed a final 1.5M from the council to pay the interest on the earlier advances. Send me more money so I can pay you a bit back
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #22237 on: July 09, 2018, 12:59:21 pm »

TBF all those investments were made on the back of the Chinese money that never happened.
The Jan transfer window debacle was the loan from Bower.

Agreed - things went wrong and the consequences potentially are now damaging for the club in respect of liability- but surely even the most ardent KT hater cannot say he deliberately got it wrong with 3 managers and the sh!te January signings.

My point is simply, he make certain short/medium term investments to try and take the club forward - but so jaundiced are the views of some on here that absolutely no credit will be given to KT for anything.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #22238 on: July 09, 2018, 15:03:42 pm »

Matt Precey
‏ @mattcprecey
4m4 minutes ago

DC: there are a lot of people grateful to us in Northampton. A lot.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22239 on: July 09, 2018, 15:08:12 pm »

Matt Precey
‏ @mattcprecey
4m4 minutes ago
DC: there are a lot of people grateful to us in Northampton. A lot.
 Roll Eyes

Spat my coffee out in the office reading that one.

Not quite sure how he has the balls to make some of these responses. Makes out he doesn't know what other people are doing in one breath, then convinced they would be happy with his actions in another.

Hope the lying c*** gets what is coming to him.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: