The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:25:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820419 times)
tcobb, DustonCobbler, Tabasco Kid, RChurch, Manwork04 and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #22260 on: July 10, 2018, 07:37:30 am »

Nothing he's done could be remotely described as a short/medium term 'investment' thats designed to 'take the club forward' in a sustainable or any other way.
What we have seen yet again is Sixfields proving to be an unatractive nonleaguesque unfit for purpose atmospheric void and money drain of a ground that has shown time and time again to be the downfall of oir club and those unwilling to seek proper investment into its infrastructure..
Spending of vast sums on shiite players in a desperate attempt to avoid the inevitable  drop can not remotely be described as an investment of any type, if so cash in on KVV.

You have a point & I would agree certainly not long term or indeed successful investments

.....however I'm sure there are a group of MK fans right now posting anti Winkleman rhetoric - much along the lines of "all very well having a fantastic stadium and infrastructure, but if we don't invest on the pitch with good players or with a manager of any pedigree what's the point - the sooner Winkleman goes the better........"

Life's malcontents are, well life's malcontents ..........
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #22261 on: July 10, 2018, 07:43:28 am »

What on earth are you saying here - please consider clarifying yr statenent? The descriptive use of  ‘potentially’ is not clear.

Didn't think it was that complex - a high wage bill for poor players and a possible indifferent (or worse) season ahead - I'm sure all of us do not want that to happen but there is the "potential" for it to happen.

There is also the potential for an East Stand development - (or indeed not). A potential for aliens to land - to which some on here think attract shorter odds than my first point but they are all still potentials.

There you go, potential explained in context to my sentence - ok now? 
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22262 on: July 10, 2018, 08:06:05 am »

You have a point & I would agree certainly not long term or indeed successful investments

.....however I'm sure there are a group of MK fans right now posting anti Winkleman rhetoric - much along the lines of "all very well having a fantastic stadium and infrastructure, but if we don't invest on the pitch with good players or with a manager of any pedigree what's the point - the sooner Winkleman goes the better........"

MKs budget was 3 times ours.. poor comparison.
If winkleman had insisted they move to a tiny  stadium with just 6400 seats available to locals, most of which are pitch side and subject to the elements, then we have a like for like comparison.
They being a progressive thinking club, one would assume they will escape  league 2 a lot quicker than us.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #22263 on: July 10, 2018, 08:06:45 am »

Are you trying to justify us having a poor stadium again? Your obviously smart but you seem a little fixated on the stadium size, you often use Darlington as an example, frankly you have it arse about face.

MK are in the bottom division again and Darlington folded due to management, nothing to do with their stadiums. The fact is though whatever decisions the MK management make this season coming, their off field revenue will dwarf ours. The stadium has nothing and everything to do with success on the pitch as you have less chance of sustaining any success without greater revenue. You need both pieces of the jigsaw, MK have one although they have lost the other under the sofa, we have neither.

Both MK and Darlo are not examples to use, you should be using the fact the almost every club above us in the league pyramid, bar just a few, have larger and better equipped stadiums. The elephant in the room.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22264 on: July 10, 2018, 09:28:56 am »

We had better players by 13 points 2 seasons ago yet we are back where we started and worse off. When are people going to actually realise it’s not all about players, they come and go while the ground stays the same.
Also waiting your thoughts CW on KT away fan facilities investment and what it says about his desire to develop and make us a better club.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #22265 on: July 10, 2018, 10:18:36 am »

The court case is heating up nicely - DC just pulled the classic "I don't know, I was on holiday at the time" excuse!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22266 on: July 10, 2018, 10:24:04 am »

The Club is working on signing off the leases so it's in a position to redevelop the east stand. Once this is achieved, the Club will be in a position to move forward, whether under the current ownership or not. A lot of you seem to underestimate the legal mess that our current owners have had to work through to get to this stage. Whether they stay or not is irrelevant. They have saved the club and would leave it in a far better position than they found it.

The training facilities at Moulton are the best the Club have ever had access too. A lot of teams above us have far worse facilities at their disposal. We signed a deal only last year to remain at Moulton for the next few years. The Club also put money towards the renovation of the 3G pitch and pay to maintain the 1st team training pitch.

The academy has been improving for a number of years and this has started to bear fruit. We will see an increase in our young players achieving professional contracts. We currently have the best youth team I can remember so I predict big things for the upcoming season and beyond.

There's a lot more to be positive about but I will leave it there. Not everything is perfect but nowhere near as bad as a lot of the doom and gloom on here suggests.     

Pretty good sumnary Kelvin - rest assured I agree with most of it!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:26:31 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #22267 on: July 10, 2018, 10:30:56 am »

JM : these club bank statements show on 23rd July £1.25m coming in (from council) and going out (to 1st Land), then payment in from 1st Land £600k, then money going out..payments out totaling £300k - you paid more than half of the £600k from 1st Land to yourself and your father

DC: my net drawings were what I would have taken over a given year Judge: was this because you thought you were entitled to a salary? DC : absolutely

JM : you felt entitled to money as a salary DC : over 2 years I balanced it out. There were salary arrears. JM : out of money you knew was from council? DC : was from 1st Land.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22268 on: July 10, 2018, 10:36:05 am »

JM : these club bank statements show on 23rd July £1.25m coming in (from council) and going out (to 1st Land), then payment in from 1st Land £600k, then money going out..payments out totaling £300k - you paid more than half of the £600k from 1st Land to yourself and your father
DC: my net drawings were what I would have taken over a given year Judge: was this because you thought you were entitled to a salary? DC : absolutely
JM : you felt entitled to money as a salary DC : over 2 years I balanced it out. There were salary arrears. JM : out of money you knew was from council? DC : was from 1st Land.

I cannot see how they can get away with this, judging by the responses in court.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22269 on: July 10, 2018, 11:11:58 am »

Didn't think it was that complex - a high wage bill for poor players and a possible indifferent (or worse) season ahead - I'm sure all of us do not want that to happen but there is the "potential" for it to happen.

There is also the potential for an East Stand development - (or indeed not). A potential for aliens to land - to which some on here think attract shorter odds than my first point but they are all still potentials.

There you go, potential explained in context to my sentence - ok now? 

Can’t actually find yr original post now! You may just be in love with your own words! I think you said something that you now find it difficult to explain away?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #22270 on: July 10, 2018, 12:07:22 pm »

It sounds like things are getting into falsification of accounts territory now...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #22271 on: July 10, 2018, 12:14:27 pm »

Haven't they already acknowledged that 1st lands only income was the council loan?  How can the Cardoza's keep sitting there and saying that it's fine these payments were from 1st land.

Edit that I've just realised what their defence is.   They claim that Grossman showed them that he had £65m of funding in a letter. So they are claiming that as far as they know the money they received from 1st land was from that and not the council loan.  All bollocks though.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #22272 on: July 10, 2018, 13:07:02 pm »

Kind of court case related, but I've just checked out Howard Grossman's latest business activities on the Companies House website.

Once again, new business set up (times 3, last March), failures to comply, Proposals to strike off!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10663341

How exactly does the bloke get away with it? Im on that website, albeit only recently (business was a partnership for 12 years beforehand). But as a director you have legal responsibilities...I just don't get it! Time and time again, he funnels money about, closes businesses down owing £££, and then starts a new one! Simples.

I make no apology when I say I wish some harm would come his way. He really is a filthy individual.
Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #22273 on: July 10, 2018, 13:56:41 pm »

Kind of court case related, but I've just checked out Howard Grossman's latest business activities on the Companies House website.

Once again, new business set up (times 3, last March), failures to comply, Proposals to strike off!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10663341

How exactly does the bloke get away with it? Im on that website, albeit only recently (business was a partnership for 12 years beforehand). But as a director you have legal responsibilities...I just don't get it! Time and time again, he funnels money about, closes businesses down owing £££, and then starts a new one! Simples.

I make no apology when I say I wish some harm would come his way. He really is a filthy individual.

It's confused me for years. There are tons of people around like him.  They all live the high life. They start companies up, obtain investment and then fold the company after drawing down the funds as expenses, salaries etc.  Another great scam at the moment is the theme park in Kent.  It's never going to happen but they've even managed to dupe the government.  How can these people repeatable allowed to start up companies.  Even if everything they do is legal then they should be struck off for incompetence. 
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #22274 on: July 10, 2018, 14:51:42 pm »

It's confused me for years. There are tons of people around like him.  They all live the high life. They start companies up, obtain investment and then fold the company after drawing down the funds as expenses, salaries etc.  Another great scam at the moment is the theme park in Kent.  It's never going to happen but they've even managed to dupe the government.  How can these people repeatable allowed to start up companies.  Even if everything they do is legal then they should be struck off for incompetence. 

Absolutely.

Your last sentence says it all. Why/how do they keep getting away with it? You'd think that after 20 plus 'failures' bells would start to ring with the authorities!
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22275 on: July 10, 2018, 15:37:35 pm »

Who first introduced Grossman to Cardoza?  Where was the due diligence on behalf of the council?
Report Spam   Logged
tonyg1611

View Profile
« Reply #22276 on: July 10, 2018, 15:38:12 pm »

hi guys has any one had a look at Matt Precey,s twitter page if you scroll down you can see court papers for this case and how it got to this stage just go to july 9th NBC V CADOZAS drop box link in particular look at document 9 which gives a break down of events by the way CDNL never got the land as council got the jitters and never signed 106 agreement so as far as i see it the council still hold all the land apart from the stadium development these  should dispel a lot of rumors and allegations against kt

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 15:46:42 pm by tonyg1611 » Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #22277 on: July 10, 2018, 15:43:16 pm »

Absolutely.

Your last sentence says it all. Why/how do they keep getting away with it? You'd think that after 20 plus 'failures' bells would start to ring with the authorities!

Investors tend to favour self regulation.

The Companies Acts and the Dutys and Responsibilities of Directors. In particular the fact that "professionally qualified persons" are the only one's held up to the highest standards of their profession. If you are not qualified.................

The Law on Libel & Defamation - the costs of non-compliance.

The cost of building a case.

Restraint of Trade Legislation.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 18:07:41 pm by CobblerForever » Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #22278 on: July 10, 2018, 16:21:09 pm »

hi guys has any one had a look at Matt Precey,s twitter page if you scroll down you can see court papers for this case and how it got to this stage just go to july 9th NBC V CADOZAS drop box link in particular look at document 9 which gives a break down of events by the way CDNL never got the land as council got the jitters and never signed 106 agreement so as far as i see it the council still hold all the land apart from the stadium development these  should dispel a lot of rumors and allegations against kt

Yeah we've been discussing the court papers for the last few days but I haven't seen this mentioned.  I haven't had time to look at all the documents yet so that's interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22279 on: July 10, 2018, 16:51:26 pm »

Absolutely. It is something which has baffled me for years. These people are operating via loopholes that should have been closed decades ago. It really pisses me off. If someone was claiming benefits yet dragging in 50-quid a week cash in hand, they'd get threatened with jail time. And yet there are many people working the same scams as these scumbags, but the system is forever there to be played.
Probably because there are a whole lot of crooks operating near the top of the tree.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 [1114] 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: