The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 20:04:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842368 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #22320 on: July 20, 2018, 19:38:51 pm »

The biggest takeaway from that for me was that both KT and Bower aren’t going to be around much (we probably figured that anyway as one has family in Florida and the other lives in Dubai) and that talks were progressing with a couple of groups (sounds like possibly a consortium and an individual) with a view to partnerships. I just hope any partnership is a bit more robust than the last one.

Partnerships probabaly means that he will flog the club but get a few quid extra when the fruit machine pays out!  Grin

In all seriousness, I hope this isn't the case. But I can't help but think that whilst the club isn't worth more than a pound without this land, the new 'partners' might be coming in to see the whole land thing bear fruit. Get the club cheap/free…cover the costs..sort the redev out…and then KT and Co get their cut.

Its all so hush hush. We shall see. On the flip side, fair play to him/them for giving the team a competitive budget for next season as things stand. Its clear that he's a football man as well as a crafty deal breaker. I just find it frustrating that 'outsiders' with a few bob will ultimately make a few extra quid for themselves whereas if the club was run by 'fans' all of the pot would go to where it *should go. But hey ho, thats the way the world is these days I guess. Im finding this whole saga so difficult to comprehend being politically, a capitalist!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #22321 on: July 20, 2018, 21:05:28 pm »

Unless the partners pick up the redevelopment and KT oversees the football club.

That would be ideal

The accountant and the solicitor can sit quietly in the background
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #22322 on: July 21, 2018, 09:00:14 am »

Wow KT's interview lasted for 10 plus mins, and in a nutshell he won't let any players leave until he gets at let gas much as he paid for them, even though they want to leave. he's trying to flog the club but no one is stupid enough   Grin and as for the comprehensive update on the east stand ....... Errrrrrrr ummmmmm errrrrrrrrr its errrmmmmm urrrrr the same as errrrrr two years ago.
What is it again that flys like?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22323 on: July 21, 2018, 10:17:38 am »

Unless the partners pick up the redevelopment and KT oversees the football club.

That would be ideal

The accountant and the solicitor can sit quietly in the background
KT isnt going to develop the ground or build up our product to anywhere near whats required, so how can he be remotely  described as ' ideal'
unless L2 survival is the peak of our ambitions.
Having said that he has other pressing issues over in the states, perhaps it could be a good time to hand over to someone within the club who can see what our club needs, someone who can sell our club to the 300,000 that live within 10 miles of Sixfields and are more open with the support base, even allowing the clubs supporters trust to regain a place on the board giving us back our voice.

Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #22324 on: July 21, 2018, 10:40:33 am »

KT isnt going to develop the ground or build up our product to anywhere near whats required, so how can he be remotely  described as ' ideal'
Having said that he has other pressing issues over in the states, perhaps it could be a good time to hand over to someone within the club who can see what our club needs, someone who can sell our club to the 300,000 that live within 10 miles of Sixfields and are more open with the support base, even allowing the clubs supporters trust to regain a place on the board giving us back our voice.

Thanks for your opinion  ... but ill stick to mine if thats ok with you.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #22325 on: July 21, 2018, 11:29:04 am »

Wow KT's interview lasted for 10 plus mins, and in a nutshell he won't let any players leave until he gets at let gas much as he paid for them, even though they want to leave. he's trying to flog the club but no one is stupid enough   Grin and as for the comprehensive update on the east stand ....... Errrrrrrr ummmmmm errrrrrrrrr its errrmmmmm urrrrr the same as errrrrr two years ago.

They can't win....let players go for cheap....criticised......try and get a good deal.....criticised...
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22326 on: July 21, 2018, 11:59:17 am »

I for one would be mortified if a player was allowed to leave without a club not paying an agreed fee to NTFC. They also have contracts! There is little point of a player bemoaning L2 status when their  poor form led to relegation in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22327 on: July 21, 2018, 12:00:30 pm »

They can't win....let players go for cheap....criticised......try and get a good deal.....criticised...
No investment into clubs infrastructure....criticised....fail to maintain league 1 status in our little money drain of a stadium ...criticised....
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #22328 on: July 21, 2018, 12:06:01 pm »

The last voice we had on the board, got employed by the board. Since Tony Clarke went from the Trust to the chief execs posts we've had nothing. DC never listened to a word the Trust said. Tony Clarke was only instilled for what was perceived his political clout.

When you talk about "our" voice, what does that mean? I can't see two or three people on here agreeing on a single point made. Where I sit at games, everyone has contrasting perspectives. So what is "our" voice?

Report Spam   Logged
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #22329 on: July 21, 2018, 12:22:58 pm »

No investment into clubs infrastructure....criticised....fail to maintain league 1 status in our little money drain of a stadium ...criticised....

You're repeated bleating on and on about the exact same thing...criticised.

For what it's worth I agree with a lot of what you say but if you feel that strongly about it just spouting the same stuff on here post after post is not gonna change anything so I'd suggest ,perhaps, doing something pro active instead.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
guest1269

« Reply #22330 on: July 21, 2018, 12:46:13 pm »

Whilst I’m not yet ready to join the ranks of “KT is the devil incarnate” brigade that was a very uninspiring speech and other than a reasonably plausible assurance on good short term financial support for a L2 team not an awful lot of commitment on the longer term future - on this one he perhaps should take the advice of if nothing to say, say nothing.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22331 on: July 21, 2018, 13:29:48 pm »

The last voice we had on the board, got employed by the board. Since Tony Clarke went from the Trust to the chief execs posts we've had nothing. DC never listened to a word the Trust said. Tony Clarke was only instilled for what was perceived his political clout.

When you talk about "our" voice, what does that mean? I can't see two or three people on here agreeing on a single point made. Where I sit at games, everyone has contrasting perspectives. So what is "our" voice?

Thats a very valid point, we have a trust but not a voice, not one that has a universal agreement amongst supporters as to what we need in order to escape our continual demise. Now might be a good time to rip up their current constitution and re write it to do the very thing it was set up to do.
Maybe the trust reinventing its purpose and working more closely and openly with supporters and owners to over see the growth and constant improvements on and off the field we would start seeing steady progress and gradually escape the despair of league 2 and a crappy little ground.
Bringing an end to 12 years having to listen to substance less talk of lawers this and council land leases that blah blah blah that is currently ruining our club.

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #22332 on: July 21, 2018, 15:02:58 pm »

Thats a very valid point, we have a trust but not a voice, not one that has a universal agreement amongst supporters as to what we need in order to escape our continual demise. Now might be a good time to rip up their current constitution and re write it to do the very thing it was set up to do.
Maybe the trust reinventing its purpose and working more closely and openly with supporters and owners to over see the growth and constant improvements on and off the field we would start seeing steady progress and gradually escape the despair of league 2 and a crappy little ground.
Bringing an end to 12 years having to listen to substance less talk of lawers this and council land leases that blah blah blah that is currently ruining our club.
The Trust's next board meeting is 9th August, I look forward to you being there and help us out.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22333 on: July 21, 2018, 15:44:16 pm »

Roger the problem is that the Trust had a lot of help at the end of DC days from myself and others but you then appointed all safe and sensible middle aged white men to your board ( no offence to them). Those a bit more vocal and radical were sidelined

How many people reading this board know who the Chairman of the Trust is?

What was the outcome of the Trust's work behind the scenes re NBC v KT ?

You really don't want Beds to come along to a board meeting do u?

Every month that goes by KT demonstrates further that he has little interest in NTFC outside of the development. Of course we have a playing budget, we have income coming in. Funny how now the council have given him what he wants he's back off to Florida.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #22334 on: July 21, 2018, 16:20:20 pm »

Roger the problem is that the Trust had a lot of help at the end of DC days from myself and others but you then appointed all safe and sensible middle aged white men to your board ( no offence to them). Those a bit more vocal and radical were sidelined

How many people reading this board know who the Chairman of the Trust is?

What was the outcome of the Trust's work behind the scenes re NBC v KT ?

You really don't want Beds to come along to a board meeting do u?

Every month that goes by KT demonstrates further that he has little interest in NTFC outside of the development. Of course we have a playing budget, we have income coming in. Funny how now the council have given him what he wants he's back off to Florida.

Im not sensible and 'middle aged' you cheeky fcuker!  Grin

I am white though, Ill give you that!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22335 on: July 21, 2018, 16:27:39 pm »

Shane when did you join the board as you are not on the website

Almost middle aged mate but yeah certainly not sensible   Grin

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #22336 on: July 21, 2018, 18:28:26 pm »

Roger the problem is that the Trust had a lot of help at the end of DC days from myself and others but you then appointed all safe and sensible middle aged white men to your board ( no offence to them). Those a bit more vocal and radical were sidelined Derek nobody is appointed to the Trust board, they put themselves up for election. No one was "sidelined at all, if we have more people wanting to join the board than there is places, the we have an election. So nobody a"a bit more vocal and radical" were quite radical enough to join the board

How many people reading this board know who the Chairman of the Trust is? Its not difficult to find out its on our web page, he was mentioned, by name, on the NTFC web page this week

What was the outcome of the Trust's work behind the scenes re NBC v KT ? Still on going

You really don't want Beds to come along to a board meeting do u? YES we need more people to join the board, OK sometimes I don't agree with Beds but we both want whats best for NTFC

Every month that goes by KT demonstrates further that he has little interest in NTFC outside of the development. Of course we have a playing budget, we have income coming in. Funny how now the council have given him what he wants he's back off to Florida. Have they?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22337 on: July 21, 2018, 20:22:17 pm »

Sorry Roger but i know of 3 people who felt they were sidelined

I know who the Chairman is but the point I was making was that I would say that very few people do.

Perhaps it's just me but I think it is a very important time at the club, we have very little going for us and we have lost / losing another opportunity to put pressure on NBC / KT to actually do something to push NTFC forward. All I still see is an owner 90% focussed on development outside the football club whilst very few people say anything.

Again nothing from the Trust in either real support and working with KT nor demanding he delivers what he promised when he gained control of NTFC and it's assets for basically peanuts. Just more Sitting on the fence saying and doing little as happened with DC.

The Trust MIGHT be working behind the scenes, MIGHT have an opinion, MIGHT have a plan BUT the lack of communication, the lack of a loud voice is doing no-one any favours.

Most of us expect a mid-table season, meaning we are back to square one, with less land and less assets.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22338 on: July 21, 2018, 21:39:26 pm »

Sorry Roger but i know of 3 people who felt they were sidelined

I know who the Chairman is but the point I was making was that I would say that very few people do.

Perhaps it's just me but I think it is a very important time at the club, we have very little going for us and we have lost / losing another opportunity to put pressure on NBC / KT to actually do something to push NTFC forward. All I still see is an owner 90% focussed on development outside the football club whilst very few people say anything.

Again nothing from the Trust in either real support and working with KT nor demanding he delivers what he promised when he gained control of NTFC and it's assets for basically peanuts. Just more Sitting on the fence saying and doing little as happened with DC.

The Trust MIGHT be working behind the scenes, MIGHT have an opinion, MIGHT have a plan BUT the lack of communication, the lack of a loud voice is doing no-one any favours.

Most of us expect a mid-table season, meaning we are back to square one, with less land and less assets.

This.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22339 on: July 21, 2018, 23:37:59 pm »

[quote author=random link=topic=5547.msg363160#msg363160 date=1532204537
Perhaps it's just me but I think   ,.................Most of us expect a mid-table season, meaning we are back to square one, with less land and less assets.

[/quote]

Most ? I think you will find most are hoping for better than mid table! You do like constructing your messages to fit in with your agenda. You just could not say playoffs  could you.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: