The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:34:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820301 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #22460 on: July 25, 2018, 13:28:09 pm »

BTW EB how you have the nerve to post anything on here is beyond belief

You constant defence of DC and now KT whilst sniping at those who want to achieve something more is unbelievable

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #22461 on: July 25, 2018, 13:41:19 pm »

Are any of you actually going to do anything?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22462 on: July 25, 2018, 13:52:52 pm »

Beds, youre a long time supporter like myself. I can see the short comings of the Club and can see what needs to be done.
 But just from time to time you need to come up with some real ideas, not just pie in the sky stuff.
Fan ownership would not be a long term solution to any of the problems the Club have.
fan ownership was never one of my ideas, but saying that it would work a darn sight better than our usual speculators rocking at a fire sale looking to pick the marrow out of our whats left of our sun bleached bones.

Doing nothing these past 3 years but spouting lip service for his paymasters is my only gripe with thomas, who has recently  stated he is too busy with family and work in the US to oversee things at the club, so now where does that leave us?
If only he or someone else had the time and inclination to work with our support base, building up the club to resemble something befitting our catchment would be the easiest thing going.
As previously stated a joint enterprise with a large hotel chain would give us a perfectly functioning east stand that can achieve 365,  7 day trading.
While Im on a roll heres another, a joint venture that could work in partnership with Northampton uni,  build a sports science and fitness or similar facility's in a building underneath the newly built south stand terracing.. how much better to have a lecture room and rehabilitation gym attached to a professional sports club?
Again nothing new and similar has been done at Peterborough and other places so not that far fetched.
Doing nothing without a plan is not really what we need anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22463 on: July 25, 2018, 14:49:04 pm »

i will if you will AS
 Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #22464 on: July 25, 2018, 18:07:31 pm »

i will if you will AS
 Grin

I ain't spouting off left, right and centre about some grand plan.

I'm quite happy seeing what happens in the future.

You all talk a really good game....really though, push come to shove....none of you will do f*** all.

Maybe bar Meccano who might speak to the Trust but probably with the wrong aims and by god I cannot think of anything worse than a club with him in charge. No offence Tom.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22465 on: July 25, 2018, 18:23:34 pm »

Everbrite can you answer by question of what you would do for the club please. Thanks Lord Random

I am confident for a start that I contribute more than you do which isn't a lot. I go to some away games! I was at Crystal Palace when we signed Cliff Holton and won. So there.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22466 on: July 25, 2018, 18:31:12 pm »

BTW EB how you have the nerve to post anything on here is beyond belief

You constant defence of DC and now KT whilst sniping at those who want to achieve something more is unbelievable

Please give examples of my defence of KT; above all please give an example of one of my 'snipes'.
(..............how you have the nerve to post anything on here is beyond belief
- you manage it on a daily basis with lenghty posts. I reckon some time soon you may be on the wrong end of potential law suit, defamation etc .
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22467 on: July 25, 2018, 19:32:41 pm »

You all talk a really good game....really though, push come to shove....none of you will do **** all.

Maybe bar Meccano who might speak to the Trust but probably with the wrong aims and by god I cannot think of anything worse than a club with him in charge. No offence Tom.

About as offensive as it gets but at least I know where we stand so fair dos.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22468 on: July 25, 2018, 22:03:36 pm »

As no doubt you were during the Cardoza era?
That went well didn't it😂
You must realise most ntfc supporters dont have your amazing ability to wait decades to only find out that you wasted your time as nothing is going to happen but happily reset your loyalty clock back to zero at the promise of something good may happen from the latest owners who probably posed for you to have a selfie and hooked you up on social media as besties? 😐😂
But I know for a fact you secretly  hope the current owners or new ones take up a few of the excellent  suggestions on here as its our only chance to build up our club and you can then say I told you all along that there was no need for panic allowing you keep your blue peter loyalty badge🤣🤣
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #22469 on: July 26, 2018, 04:45:15 am »

If 3 or 4 of the regular posters who preach about how wonderful fan ownership is and the only way forward for the Cobblers why have they not achieved their goal? If their principle is so important and they do not have the finance to achieve their goal with NTFC why did they not step in at a lower level when Northampton Spencer FC required help to act on their principle?

I like the idea of fan involvement BUT I do not think it is practical!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #22470 on: July 26, 2018, 05:13:50 am »

You must realise most ntfc supporters dont have your amazing ability to wait decades

Actually, I think you'll find they do. "Most" supporters don't waste their time fannying about on here the way we do, navel gazing and making deep and meaningless pronuncements on what ought to be done by the club, both on and off the pitch. They just want to watch their team play, at whatever level, and that makes them a lot smarter (and probably happier) than most of us.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest170

« Reply #22471 on: July 26, 2018, 06:11:04 am »

About as offensive as it gets but at least I know where we stand so fair dos.
Possibly the best example of "no offence but..." or "I'm no racist but..." ive seen for a long time!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22472 on: July 26, 2018, 06:40:26 am »

If 3 or 4 of the regular posters who preach about how wonderful fan ownership is and the only way forward for the Cobblers why have they not achieved their goal? If their principle is so important and they do not have the finance to achieve their goal with NTFC why did they not step in at a lower level when Northampton Spencer FC required help to act on their principle?

I like the idea of fan involvement BUT I do not think it is practical!

We can't discount the Brian Lomax era when not only did the fans set up the 1st ever supporters' trust and save the club but also ran it successfully for several years in partnership with others. If Wycombe Wanderers can be run on a fan-ownership basis on gates of 3-4k so can we.

We're going round in circles here. Without a clear case being presented for part or whole fan ownership for people to make a rational appraisal of.

Not only is this board not a particularly ideal place to have a serious discussion due to the relative anonymity of the posters it is also not reflective of the whole fan base. It is a fair criticism of the Trust that the fan ownership model has never been presented or explained and hopefully this can change.

The wider fan base need proper information on all prospective changes in ownership, hopefully that we can agree on.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:07:55 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #22473 on: July 26, 2018, 07:15:58 am »

We can't discount the Brian Lomax era when not only did the fans set up the 1st ever supporters' trust and save the club but also ran it successfully for several years in partnership with others. If Wycombe Wanderers can be run on a fan-ownership basis on gates of 3-4k so can we.

We're going round in circles here. Without a clear case being presented for part or whole fan ownership for people to make a rational appraisal of.

Not only is this board not a particularly ideal place to have a serious discussion due to the relative anonymity of the posters it is also not reflective of the whole fan base. It is a fair criticism of the Trust that the fan ownership model has never been presented or explained and hopefully this can change.

The whole fan base need proper information on all prospective changes in ownership, hopefully that we can agree on.

Did they?
You are.
Why?
Does it?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22474 on: July 26, 2018, 07:56:04 am »

Did they?
You are.
Why?
Does it?

Yes
No
Because
Yes

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #22475 on: July 26, 2018, 08:09:52 am »

The fan ownership is going round in circles a bit but its been much more interesting and sane than some of the other proposals, at least there is something close to being tangible about it.
Personally I don't think it is the right thing for this club, I don't think it will work in a way that will lead to the growth into a Championship team I think we all want.
However I'm not going to dismiss it completely (I have in the past I admit) and would read an think about any serious proposals that either came from the Trust or a fan led consortium. It sounds like meccanostand might take the proposal forward and I hope he does. I look forward to having something tangible to read and maybe support, although I'd only be interested in being chairman when we have a proper owners box with champagne and caviar!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22476 on: July 26, 2018, 08:28:08 am »

The fan ownership is going round in circles a bit but its been much more interesting and sane than some of the other proposals, at least there is something close to being tangible about it.
Personally I don't think it is the right thing for this club, I don't think it will work in a way that will lead to the growth into a Championship team I think we all want.
However I'm not going to dismiss it completely (I have in the past I admit) and would read an think about any serious proposals that either came from the Trust or a fan led consortium. It sounds like meccanostand might take the proposal forward and I hope he does. I look forward to having something tangible to read and maybe support, although I'd only be interested in being chairman when we have a proper owners box with champagne and caviar!

Cheers for the open minded reply, quite refreshing!

Championship football will likely take multi millions. Part or whole fan ownership should be assessed as an option in the medium term in creating a solid base for the club. If serious investors came forward as they have done at Portsmouth then that can be looked at and voted on.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:30:33 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #22477 on: July 26, 2018, 09:07:33 am »

This "debate" is a perfect illustration of why the town of Northampton has been left behind over the decades in so many ways, and languishes behind regional competitors in so many areas.

"Can't do" should almost be the motto of the town.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #22478 on: July 26, 2018, 11:23:33 am »

Probably a bit unkind Tom, so apologies. A bit all over the place currently.

Frankly, I don't actually care. I just enjoy watching football.

You guys have these grand ideas, thoughts to move the club forward etc...faor play for caring so much. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22479 on: July 26, 2018, 14:49:30 pm »

This "debate" is a perfect illustration of why the town of Northampton has been left behind over the decades in so many ways, and languishes behind regional competitors in so many areas.

"Can't do" should almost be the motto of the town.
possibly more to do with recent owners being allowed by our own fans decades of dining out for free in the belief they single handedly and unconditionally saved us from playing on pitch 13 of the racecourse so keeping our trust and others at a very long arms length which buys them time to do whatever they are here to do, only having to involve the fans when the council refuse to play ball.
Thankfully Thomas has now run out of grace and favour and needs to piss or get off the pot in order for this club to progress.
Having recently announced he cant give much time to the club for family and work commitments  could be the signal he will step aside and allow others better qualified to give us a chance.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: